ANONYMOUS - Public Review

Registration now open!

ANONYMOUS - Public Review

by BLueSS » Mon May 03, 2021 7:40 pm

All registered users (whether you entered or not) will be able to vote or judge the files based on choosing one of the 3 following options. No matter which option you chooise, you must equally evaluate all of the songs in a bracket to provide fairness. The reviews that take longer will grant more points to the files.

PR Option 1: Write a Complete Review of all songs in the bracket (assigning 25 points/song)
- Expert chart (10 points) Write a description of what you liked and disliked with the charts, explaining your score.
- Hardest non-Expert chart (10 points)
- Presentation (5 points) Write a description of what you liked and disliked with the artwork.
- Tilt / Preference (±1 point) for ANY reason, but you have to explain it.

NOTE: "Presentation" includes REQUIRED artwork as stated in these rules. Optional additions (videos, cd titles, etc) can only ADD to a score. You cannot take away points from a file because it didn't include enough extras compared to another file.

PR Option 2: Write a Partial Review of all songs in the bracket (15 points/song)
This is the same as above, but only for the EXPERT chart. This is NOT the "hardest" chart.
- Expert chart (10 points) Write a description of what you liked and disliked with the charts, explaining your score.
- Presentation (5 points) Write a description of what you liked and disliked with the artwork. (SEE NOTE ABOVE)
- Tilt / Preference (±1 point) for ANY reason, but you have to explain it.

PR Option 3: Approval Vote (5 points/song)
This is the quick route. You vote for as many songs from the bracket as you want.
Each vote = 5 points for each song you vote for.

PM ME YOUR ANONYMOUS PUBLIC REVIEW AND I WILL POST IT HERE.
IF YOUR SONG IS IN THE PACK, IN YOUR ANONYMOUS REVIEW SAY "I'm the simfile artist of X"
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

Re: ANONYMOUS - Public Review

by BLueSS » Mon May 03, 2021 7:41 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Approval Vote From ANONYMOUS AUTHOR of "MY HEAD & MY HEART":

+5
Upside Down (Almighty Club Remix)
AIRHEAD
Everyday Jumping
SHAKE IT OFF (The Factory Team Speed Mix)
Candy (Twekz Remix)
HOW TO BE A HUMAN
Waratte Pon
ARE YOU READY TO FLY (Almighty Master Mix)

honorable mentions
SOMEONE YOU LOVED
TetraQ
Cheers To Us
Karma (Electric Fountain)
Chewingood!!!
Whine & Kotch
ROCK U (feat. Namie Amuro)
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Wed May 05, 2021 6:29 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Approval Vote From ANONYMOUS AUTHOR of "Pretty Green Eyes":

How to be a human
Out of the Sky
Rock U
Shake it off
Someone you loved
Upside Down
Waratte Pon
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Wed May 05, 2021 6:34 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Approval Vote From ANONYMOUS AUTHOR of "ARE YOU READY TO FLY (Almighty Master Mix)":

AIRHEAD
ROCK U
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Wed May 05, 2021 6:36 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Partial Review From ANONYMOUS AUTHOR of [you'll find out below]:

Airhead / girls@play - 12/15

Expert: 7/10
Nothing special, but kinda fun on pad. The 16th gallops make this interesting enough to not be too boring.

Presentation: 5/5
Graphics look fine, video is kinda low-quality but presumably not available in higher quality.

Tilt: 0

ARE YOU READY TO FLY (Almighty Master Mix) / ROZALLA - 8/15

Expert: 4/10
A lot of the 16ths are misplaced. The beginning with the freezes was interesting, but unfortunately the lack of movement and the stagnant difficulty curve make this a really boring chart.

Presentation: 4/5
The graphics look kinda bare but they do their job.

Candy (Twekz Remix) / Aggro Santos feat. Kimberly Wyatt - 14/15

Expert: 8/10
Very fun chart. I like that you didn't hold back with 16ths & crossovers.

Nice graphics. I like the "come and get you some".

Tilt: +1
Good usage of background videos.

Cheers To Us / HAYWOOD ft. LOOTE - 10/15

Expert: 5/10
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with this chart, and it is a nice 4, but it's honestly just too easy and boring for a EXPERT chart. There was a lot more potential in the song to make a nice 6/7.

Very pretty graphics that fit very well with the song.

Chewingood!!! / TORIENA - 14/15

I like the emphasis on crossovers & movement in general. A bit harsh maybe for an 8 but still very fun.

Graphics fit well to the song.

Very fun Challenge chart!

Everyday Jumping / RICHARD GREY & LISSAT - 13/15

Nice chart. Not much to say, I liked the "Jump" part and the ending with the 16th jumps the most. I wish this chart was a BIT harder but it's fine like it is.

Nice basic graphics. I like the colors.

Good usage of background videos.

GOOD GIRL / HyunA - 8/15

Expert: 3/10
Offsync and overall very unremarkable. Song cut is too long and as a result it really drags on and the chart was not even that interesting to begin with. I liked how the ending of the slowdown was timed.

Really clean graphics.

HOW TO BE A HUMAN / POWERMAN 5000 - 12/15

Fun. The repeated patterns are a two-edged-sword, I get what you were going for with how it relates to the song and it does fit but it makes playing that chart a bit too repetitive.

I like how the banner and the background are different but still fit very well to the song and the background video.

Karma (TOTA US Intro) / Bump of Chicken - 10/15

Expert: 6/10
Nothing particular wrong with the chart itself, but the song cut is too long and the chart does not vary enough to keep itself interesting enough. However, I liked how some parts were stepped, particularly the last part of the song.

The fonts look a bit basic but it does fit to the song.

Karma (Electric Fountain) / Akitaka Tohyama - 15/15

Expert: 10/10
Fantastic chart. Works very well with the song & uses everything it has to offer, but still does not feel too overloaded. Great 16th usage, very cute spin, nice difficulty curve. This is how you do oldschool charts right!

Simple yet effective graphics that fit well to the song.

I'd have given this +1 Tilt for various reasons (great song pick, really good Difficult chart) but this already reached 15 points. Great job to whoever made this.

Last Surprise (You'll Never See It Coming) / Shoji Meguro featuring Lyn Inaizumi - 9/15

This chart does a lot of things right, but some detrimental things really drag this down. The steps immediately starting with the song (big no no), the weird 16th's in the chorus that don't fit to the vocals at all (should have been just all 8ths), the ending which could have certainly had more steps, and steps going with the fadeout. Yet I still see a lot of potential in this chart and it was a bit fun.

Presentation: 3/5
Fitting graphics, but the resolution of the graphics is really low and unfortunately very blurry.

I am giving this +1 Tilt for the Challenge chart, which is not perfect (still has the WEIRD 16ths) but is way better than the Expert. This should have been the Expert chart IMO as there is a lot more going on. I also like the song pick.

MY HEAD & MY HEART / AVA MAX - 10/15

Too monotonous and predictable. The steps fit to the song, but this chart feels way too safe.

Good graphics, nothing special but fitting to the song.

OUT OF THE SKY (ANDRES SANCHEZ REMIX) / LANGE & SARAH HOWELLS - 13/15

Not bad at all. The 16th gallops in the chorus are pretty fun to do on pad. I liked the drills at the ending too. I wish the song cut was a bit shorter and some of the less interesting parts were cut out.

The banner is a bit lazy as it's only text but I don't mind it too much and the art is pretty.

Nice song pick.

Pretty Green Eyes / Ultrabeat - 11/15

Not a lot to say. I like the steps, but don't like the weird stops. Could have used more movement.

Nothing special but it fits to the song.

QUIERO L'AMOR / PAUL HARRIS - 13/15

Nice movement & crossovers. I liked the repeated patterns in the chorus and the jacks just before the chorus. I'd say this maybe too long of a cut but I don't mind it too much.

Clean.

Great Challenge chart! Really twisty.

ROCK U (feat. Namie Amuro) / ravex - 14/15

Very bold chart! I like that you didn't hold back with the 16ths and the movement. Playing the chart the first time was a bit overwhelming but when you get the movement down it's pretty fun!

Basic graphics but they do their job. I like how the font for the feat. (moonrunes) look.

Nice double charts! The double Expert chart is REALLY fun, I particularly liked the pad transitions!

SHAKE IT OFF (The Factory Team Speed Mix) / HANNA - 14/15

Expert: 9/10
Not the most technical or complicated chart, but it does EXACTLY what you want from the song! Crazy fun on pad.

Really nice graphics that fit very well to the Dancemania feel.

SOMEONE YOU LOVED / ALI SPAGNOLA FEAT. MAXNOSLEEVES - 12/15

Fine chart that doesn't get boring despite the chorus repeating. I like how you mixed up the parts before the choruses (specifically the 2nd one) with the 8ths.

That face haunts me every night since I played this. Nice effort with the backgrounds.

TetraQ / TaQ - ??/??

I'm the simfile artist of TetraQ.

Upside Down (Almighty Club Mix) / A★Teens - 12/15

Nothing special. Steps fit to the song, but weren't particularly interesting outside of the last part with the 16ths.

Good graphics. I like the 3D effect in the background.

Really pretty background animations. Are these custom? If so, that's a lot of effort, so this definitely deserves the +1 tilt. I like how they looked very oldschool (1st-5th mix animation style).

Waratte Pon / From Bust A Groove - 13/15

Cute chart, but harder than you would think given the song. Much more tiring than it looks actually! I liked the hold 6 jump usage.

The graphics do fit to the song, but the graphics honestly do feel a bit low-effort, especially considering the background.

Nice Challenge chart! In fact, I wish this was the Expert chart. It's even harder, but just as much fun, if not even more.

Whine And Kotch / Charly Black & J Capri - 12/15

Very fitting chart to the song with the chaos and movement. Several cute things sprinkled throughout the chart such as the really short freeze in the beginning to that sound. The chart is a bit too repetitive due to the chorus repeating multiple times but it's not too bad. Considering the horrible (IMO, don't kill me) song choice I am surprised how much I enjoyed this actually.

Excellent graphics, animated banner & fitting background to that...video.

Site Admin

by BLueSS » Wed May 05, 2021 6:42 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Partial Review From ANONYMOUS AUTHOR of "Whine & Kotch":

Airhead
Expert 8/10
This was a pretty fun chart. I didn't mind the double step just after bar 43, but thought the following section with the blue notes going to guitar were a little boring? but it was only that section. The rest of the chart has a nice balance between the vocals and music. This song would fit in perfectly with CHEESEMIX.

Presentation 4/5
I think the font works really well for the title. Usually when people think of air or wind making a movement, they have these sorts of tiny lined/patterns on them. The art reminds me a little of something you'd see in a home version (perhaps DDR EX2 or SuperNOVA1/2)

12/15

Are You Ready To Fly (Almighty Master Mix)
Expert 7/10
This was interesting. The song itself reminded me a bit of "Set You Free" by NTrance with it's vocals, the chart reminded me of those DDR charts that following patterns but don't? like LOVIN' YOU & Fantasy (MAX2) missing the obvious rhythms and doing something different with it. I didn't think it was bad, I didn't enjoy the parts switching that switched between red, red, blue blue, red red (think So Deep if they were 8th gallops instead) It's used at bar 35, and 39 then a few times later.

Presentation 3/5
I really like the art, even if it's an image that was found online. The wireframe looks good with the text/colors.

10/15

Candy (Twekz Remix)
Expert 8/10
I got quite a bit of enjoyment out of this, the only part I didn't really enjoy were the parts around bar 48? It felt like it was stepped to some sounds that are overpowered by other sounds, but nevertheless, Still a very enjoyable chart.

Presentation 4/5
I'd give this a 4/5 for the art, and and 5/5 for the video script. I liked the dog video popping up on the "Oo Oo" vocals, and the rapper video playing when the guy was rapping, it was a lot of fun. The art tho, I think the image behind the sweet rapper looks nice and would have liked to have seen it brighter? It's very dark, to a point where I feel it may as well have been black.

12/15

Cheers To Us
Expert 7/10
This was a very easy chart, I thought perhaps the rating felt more like a level 5 because of the amount of 8ths. The song sounds a bit more upbeat in places so I was expecting a bit more from this, but it's a very nice chilled out kind of chart.

Presentation 5/5
It looks really nice. It's not overcomplicated or the type of "bubblegum" artwork/text a lot of us do, I really like the way that film looks on the background and jacket. Good work!

12/15

Chewinggood
Expert 6/10
I really like TORIENA, but this was a little bit much for me to play on pad, especially when I saw that it was an 8foot. I enjoyed some of the twisty patterns throughout the song, and liked that the ending note was a crossover, but most of it felt like a nonstop run (Challenge was played on keyboard, there's some fun crossovers in there but a lot of awkward double steps at a high speed, the patterns in the middle with the double jacks felt a bit boring)

Presentation 2/5
The background is just a screenshot, and a blurry one at that. I think the orange box and text work better on the jacket rather than the banner. Could have also been a bit nicer if the text wasn't slapped over both characters faces.

8/15

Everyday Jumping
Expert 8/10
This chart screams Tam, It's fun. there's some 4th notes in the vocal section that reminds me of Who The Hell Are you. The notes at the end with the jumps were a lot of fun, I got a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Presentation 5/5
I really like this. The way the white around the text is merged with the white shape in the background looks nice, and it's sort of simple? but in a good way. It just really pops.

13/15

Good Girl
Expert 7/10
The chart was alright, it had some fun placement/patterns. There were a few parts where the song felt very energetic but the chart wasn't?

Presentation 3/5
I would have rated this lower because it looks like it was official artwork that was just cut/pasted, but then I couldn't see the Hyuna logo on the art when I googled the song, so I think it was made?

10/15

This Is How To Be Human
Expert 8/10
I have no complaints with the chart, but it's not in anyway my type of music haha. The jump patterns at the beginning were very fun, they seemed to have you switch directions which was pretty cool, the double steps have good balance too. No deductions for song choice because I'm a nice boi.

Presentation 3/5
Was OK. Looks like a screenshot or image with some simply transparent text over it.

11/15

This would fit right into that era of DDR that brought us the SKYGIRLS theme song, and Trust from SuperNOVA2. Chart was pretty fun, I liked some of the freeze jumps and crossovers throughout the chart.

Presentation 2/5
I'm not a fan of the anime artwork. I feel it's very easy to get an anime image off of google when using an anime song. I think the image could have done with some editing with the brightness/contrast to give it a bit more color to make it pop, and some better fonts could have been chosen.

9/15

Expert 8/10
Expert was rather enjoyable. I enjoyed the song choice, though the breakdown section felt like it lasted a little longer than it needed to, but overall, good job. Some of the crossovers were fun, I liked that the main part of the song had different variations rather than the same pattern repeated over and over.

Presentation 4/5
I really like the text, the bevel/3Dpipe type text is no doubt something from Photoimpact, and I think the Electric Fountain text, I've used the exact colors & font for something in the past haha. The background image itself looks like a slight blurred picture of a fountain with a filter over the top (filter etching? unsure of the name) really love what's been done with the artist text.

12/15

Last Surprise
Expert 5/10
This was a bit difficult to review. The opening is way too early, and I'm unsure if that's because of a bad cut, or if the track is poorly produced by the artist. It felt in sync when it got to the jumps in the chorus, but even then, it felt like the arrows were going to the vocals, but the placements on the blues and yellows aren't going with the vocals or anything else. I did enjoy some of the chart at the beginning with freeze arrow/crossovers, followed by the 8th notes.

Presentation 1/5
This may be a bit harsh of me, but I can't rate it as high as Karma (being a 2) because Karma at least has some text added to it, this seems like it was just small resolution art with no effort being put in, the widescreen background looks stretched compared to the 4:3 version, and a lot of the text is very hard to read. It's a shame because I really like the idea of the art, a higher res version of the character could have been found, and a couple of squares with letters put inside each wouldn't have taken so long.

6/15

My Head & My Heart
Expert 8/10
The chart was a lot of fun, it had some double steps within the patterns but nothing that felt overcomplicated or awkward.

Presentation 3/5
The thing that stands out the most is the background art and the colors used, I'm not a fan of the debussy font, I feel like I've seen it on each users art in the past.

11/15

Out Of The Sky (Andres Sanchez Remix)
Expert 6/10
I noticed that this had basic & beginner missing, like somebodies file from non-anon. I was reminded of Fly On The Wings Of Love but that was more fun. I kind of liked some of the 8th notes in the beginning going to the vocals, and enjoyed the So Deep type patterns in the main part of the song, the following 8th notes I felt were a bit weird though. I feel certain parts didn't have a good balance like the ending section, the jacks in the build up were up/right, and then the 16ths build up later were also up/right.

Presentation 2/5
The bird is a really nice image, but it's just some plain white text over the top. I'd have given this more points if the text was moved up so we can see it better, and the text perhaps had a dark blue outline, and different colors in each letter to match those on the bird, it would have looked stunning.

8/15

Pretty Green Eyes
Expert 6/10
I cut this song for somebody and felt it went on a little too long, I made a few cuts that were DDR length. I feel this one had parts that felt a little repetetive, which made the chart also a little bit repetetive in places. It isn't an awful chart, but I felt myself getting a bit bored with the pattern repeated again later. Another file that has all 8ths throughout vocal parts, something else could have been done for these sections.

Presentation 2/10
The widescreen version is the 4:3 stretched out, I kind of like the fonts but a lot more effort could have gone in. Step Artist could have taken a selfie and shopped his eyes to look green, it's very plain looking.

8/15

Quero L'amor
Expert 7/10
The chart was pretty fun. I liked some of the crossovers throughout, the double steps at the end worked pretty well because they felt well balanced repeating on the opposite side. The feels very much like something Jacqueline would do.

Presentation 4/5
It's pretty simple but, not simple enough that I'd rate it lower. I like the colors used and fonts too.

11/15

Rock U (feat. Namie Amuro)
Expert 8/10
This was a fun chart. I liked the use of jumps for the added difficulty, it wasn't overcomplicated, the crossovers were a lot of fun. I found it to be a very enjoyable file and liked that double tap/gallop to end the song after the jacks.

Presentation 3/5
It looks Ok, the placement on the banner could have been a bit better and I could have done with some different colors.

11/15

Shake It Off (The Factory Team Speed Mix)
Expert 6/10
Some of the double taps felt Ok with the opening verse, but some of the chart felt very much like LRLRL jump jump jump, UDUDU jump jump jump, repeat. I got a little bored and felt like it could have been mixed up a little more, also feels more like a level 7 than 8.

Presentation 5/5
The art looks good, what I've come to expect from NDDRO members, though no video script? hmmm.

11/15

Somebody You Loved
Expert 8/10
This was a lot of fun. The chart had a double step with a freeze that worked fine, the audio patterns the chart followed flowed so well. It wasn't complicated in any way and had some fun twisty patterns/crossovers.

Presentation 4/5
The art is awful and slightly unsetting, in a good way. I get it.

12/15

TetraQ
Expert 9/10
The chart flows very well with the music, and because it's an old IIDX track, I feel it would have worked very well back in the days of 5th-Extreme. I enjoyed the gallops, and the weird rhythms reminded me a bit of Xenon, and worked out so well.

Presentation 3/5
I don't mind the text, TaQ logo looks like a variation of TaQ logo, unsure what's going on with the image in the background, maybe a still from the IIDX video?

12/15

Upside Down
Expert 9/10
Chart was very exceptional! it was fun, well done! It was like something from 5th mix but glorified. It had some fun crossovers, I liked the patterns at the end had some added 16ths for difficulty so that it wasn't the exact same as the opening. The file also reminded me a little of Never Ending Story.

Presentation 4/5
The fonts are perfect, I do feel that the shadow on the backgrounds text that makes it look a little 3D should have been added to the text on the banner. Would have rated this a 5 if the banner wasn't flat, the colors remind me of 5th mix? the background scripted videos are a lot of fun too! It was cool. Also, the background script reverting to the image each time the song title came up in the chorus reminded me of Oops (I usually think of this as an ITG thing, but I guess DDR did it first)

13/15

Waratte Pon
Expert 8/10
This was incredibly fun to play! however, I do think the chart got a bit too friendly with the freeze arrows. Had there been less of it, I think I would have rated this a 9/10? but I still had a lot of fun. Challenge was pretty delightful too apart from the 12th notes.

Presentation 3/5
The text looks a little like comic sans, but it's not? I kind of like the image used for the background inside the gear shape, it sort of looks like Mickey Mouse. Maybe drawing it out and putting on the cog shape, and doing more cogs and some layering would be cool, deffo different font. OH and the official artist name would have been good too.

11/15
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Sat May 08, 2021 5:23 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Full Review

Hola mi BEST-mix amigos! I'm the author of QUIERO L'AMOR with the review for the anonymous bracket!
To spice things up, I'm adding my own spin to the review by adding in a slideshow! This will also detail how I grade every file and feature author guesses too! See below for details.

Also included a score recap and a full text review (for mobile users).

Full review (Slideshow, in semi-Spanglish, with author guesses!):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/unykyycqd7ocs ... w.pdf?dl=0

Score recap:
SHAKE IT OFF (The Factory Team Speed Mix) - 26/25
AIRHEAD - 25/25
Karma (Electric Fountain) - 25/25
ROCK U (feat. Namie Amuro) - 25/25
Upside Down (Almighty Club Mix) - 25/25
Whine And Kotch - 25/25
Candy (Twekz Remix) - 24/25
Everyday Jumping - 24/25
HOW TO BE A HUMAN - 23/25
GOOD GIRL - 22/25
TetraQ - 22/25
SOMEONE YOU LOVED - 21/25
ARE YOU READY TO FLY (Almighty Master Mix) - 20/25
Cheers To Us - 20/25
Chewingood!!! - 20/25
OUT OF THE SKY (ANDRES SANCHEZ REMIX) - 19/25
MY HEAD & MY HEART - 19/25
Waratte Pon - 19/25
Karma (TOTA US Intro) - 18/25
Pretty Green Eyes - 17/25
Last Suprise (You'll Never See It Coming) - 15/25

Full text review (mostly English):
AIRHEAD - 25/25
PRESENTATION: 5/5
- Graphics definitely look like they still fit in DDR.
DIFFICULT: 10/10
- This chart is very reminiscent of the better MAX-era charts.
EXPERT: 10/10
- Exactly the same thing I said in Difficult.
TILT: 0/1

ARE YOU READY TO FLY (Almighty Master Mix) - 20/25
- Graphics are simple yet not so obtrusive. I'll take it.
DIFFICULT: 8/10
- I liked the first half. Second half felt safe with the 4th jump+freeze spam. Hoped to see more of the 16th patterns.
EXPERT: 7/10
- A lot of the parts with 16ths felt off and didn't exactly follow the synths like I'd have expected. The rest of the chart was really good too and kinda gave the same vibe certain old songs gave.

Candy (Twekz Remix) - 24/25
- Graphics may be exaggerated a bit but they'll still fit in DDR.
- Really love how this maintained its MAX-era feel in the whole song. Hints of complexity were well-executed– 16th rhythms, some mini-8th streams, jumps, doublestepping at the right places and not during an 8th stream.
EXPERT: 9/10
- This chart is very reminiscent of the better MAX-era charts.

Cheers To Us - 20/25
- Graphics will fit in modern Bemani; I'm not complaining.
DIFFICULT: 7/10
- It's average at most. While I appreciate the 3-footer in Difficult maybe this could use a few more complex patterns like a short crossover or mini-jacks while still maintaining the 3 rating.
EXPERT: 8/10
- Nothing too hard. Simple, straight to the point, doublestepping that is actually fun, properly-used freeze arrows. As I mentioned in Difficult, this could use a few more complex patterns that will have the chart deserve the Expert difficulty since it does feel like a Difficult chart.

Chewingood!!! - 20/25
PRESENTATION: 3/5
- Good for providing graphics at all; I'll still give a -2 for "lazy still for the video" and the low quality graphics. The sample start portion was weird, maybe you should've followed Beatmania's? Did that game finally get preview clips like all other bemani games? Unsure after the series ended for the PS2. Props for providing both Japanese and Romaji lyric files anyway.
- The second half felt overcharted; not a fan of the jacks that went with the "pam-pam" part. The first half is good.
CHALLENGE: 10/10
- Hainaut wasn't lying when she said "this feels like a forcednature chart" but it actually applies to Challenge. I'm having difficulty giving a score to an X-scale 15 in a contest I expect 14 or lower to fill almost the whole songlist. What the heck. This was fun. The pattern distribution is perfect and I could see more effort was done here than Expert.

Everyday Jumping - 24/25
- The addition of classic DDR movies is a nice plus.
DIFFICULT: 9/10
- Thought the streams were more on the safe side. Still enjoyed the jumps nonetheless.
- For this one however the execution of the jumps is generally perfect and goes so well with the song!

GOOD GIRL - 22/25
- I appreciate the video quality and the lyrics file. Maybe a slight flaw on the letters I and L in the banner and background since they may be simply an upscaled version of the font but that's not too obvious unless the player looks closely.
- Decent difficult chart. Felt a bit safe.
- No standouts but clean patterns all throughout.

HOW TO BE A HUMAN - 23/25
- Yes the presentation will still fit in a DDR game.
- The repetition actually worked so well yet there is definitely room for more complexity somewhere. Maybe the second set of each "This is how to be"? Chart was also fun!
- I'll have to echo the same thing I said in Difficult.

Karma (Electric Fountain) - 25/25
- The graphics are good. Song cut is decent capturing the relevant parts with a decent fadeout. Definitely a perfect score there.
- Just the right amount of pattern variations with crossovers and are those 4th footswitches in the middle? This is 100% a fun Difficult chart!
- The spins went so well with the song.

Karma (TOTA US Intro) - 18/25
- Not exactly a fan of the overall cropping and slapping text presentation using stock Windows fonts. I could actually give this a 4 if there were a bit of text effects. Will definitely not fit in any game whatsoever let alone DDR.
- Notes in the right places for sure. It's just the arrows are two-arrow spam for the most part. Originally a 6/10 if it were not for those appropriately-used crossovers.
- Good chart but a lot of the freeze arrows could still be extended to the next note.

Last Suprise (You'll Never See It Coming) - 15/25
- -2 for low-quality graphics across all of jacket/banner/background.
EXPERT: 6/10
- Good concept but I don't like where the 16th jacks are currently placed. They do not follow the music at all.
CHALLENGE: 6/10
- Those were potentially good arrow placements. The 16th taps are still not supposed to be 16th taps, just so they follow the vocals a bit. Can't hear how they should be 16th taps. Freeze arrows are too long for DDR standards.

MY HEAD & MY HEART - 19/25
PRESENTATION: 4/5
- Graphics are pretty good but the audio is soft for some reason.
- I only liked the parts with 4th spins in them. Still quite a fun chart.
- Rhythms of the average MAX-era chart which I like but it felt like there's too much staircases?

OUT OF THE SKY (ANDRES SANCHEZ REMIX) - 19/25
- Graphics will probably still fit in modern Bemani even with the crop/cut-paste effort. As long as there's nothing obtrusive it's fine. Maybe not the banner.
- Mainly an average chart with an unnecessary freeze arrow extension at the beginning.
- I think this should be re-rated to a 9 since that second half/so deep-like segment was brutal. First half was safe. Clearly the better of the two entries if this is by who I think it is.

Pretty Green Eyes - 17/25
PRESENTATION: 2/5
- I don't like the aspect ratio inconsistency of the text in the widescreen background, which I'm assuming is the correct one, compared to all other graphics.
- Better than Expert; average at best.
- The middle felt like I'm playing the same measure over and over again.

QUIERO L'AMOR - N/A
- This is my file. See the slideshow for additional thoughts.

ROCK U (feat. Namie Amuro) - 25/25
- Excellent graphics, audio is just right, sample start is good.
- The "down down down" Down arrow spam is nice! The rest of the chart was okay.
- The overall movement in this chart is really nice and I like how it alternates between following the vocals and the beat.
TILT: 1/1
- Appreciate the additional effort in adding Doubles charts!

SHAKE IT OFF (The Factory Team Speed Mix) - 26/25
- Amazing graphics!
- Jumps are fun. Freeze arrow segments are fun. Chart is fun as a whole.
- I really, really, REALLY want this entry to win. This is my personal favorite of this bracket. This chart is so good. Can this win BEST-mix anonymous file of the year please?
- This is the only file that is getting a +1 tilt from no additional effort whatsoever since this is THE file I had the most fun with. Except with the scoring standards, this will still count as a 25/25. Consider this the equivalent of 11/10 in Expert.

SOMEONE YOU LOVED - 21/25
- Graphics are okay. No issues.
- Decent chart. The doublestepping was actually nice.
- Decent chart. Nothing else to add further.

TetraQ - 22/25
- Good on adding DDR BGAs. I believe tsugaru7reveng/t7r already indicated the TaQ logo isn't his.
- I mainly liked the second half. The part with the 16th taps was kinda risky. This was okay.
- The patterns were clean for the most part. Nothing in particular stood out yet the chart quality is very good!

Upside Down (Almighty Club Mix) - 25/25
- Amazing callback to 5th mix!
- The chart is fun yet I expected a bit more mobility.
- This is really fun! Love the "upside down" gimmick with the 4ths and the feel of a 5th mix and modern DDR hybrid!
- Appreciate the additional effort in adding Doubles charts!

Waratte Pon - 19/25
- The background could use a little work now that upscaling tools are more common nowadays. The font choice feels like it's done by a newbie.
EXPERT: 6/10
- If I'm comparing RaverAce's non-anon file to this, Waratte Pon has more staircase (left->up/down->right or the other way around) spamming.
CHALLENGE: 9/10
- This is very, very fun with a very balanced variation of patterns. If it is in fact RaverAce, the improvement is so much noticeable! Somehow I think the staircase streams can be replaced with different arrows; doesn't have to necessarily be crossovers.

Whine And Kotch - 25/25
- Good on adding a video banner.
- Well thought-out using different types of patterns such as an 8th stream, jumps, 16ths, crossovers used when necessary in different segments of the song.
- The short freezes worked well just like the Air's non-anon butt file. The chart is still a fun 7-footer. Love the jump section too.

Once again muchos gracias mi amigos![/quote]
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Tue May 11, 2021 12:01 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Partial Review

From the offices of the author of Everyday Jumping.

AIRHEAD

Heavy:
Personally would not have included the bridge in the cut. It's the weakest part of the stepchart and also maybe the weakest part of the song, and it also makes this feel kind of long even though it isn't really that long. But this was mostly very good and I really liked the 16th gallop crossover things. Cute! - 8/10

Presentation:
The "Airhead" text is cute but I don't like the airbrushed BG very much. I really didn't like the girls@play logo, but I looked it up and learned that for some reason, that is their real logo. The graphics aren't my taste but they do the job. Included BG video is always appreciated. 4/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
12/15

///////////////////////////

ARE YOU READY TO FLY (Almighty Master Mix)

Heavy:
Some of these steps were really great and some of them were pretty boring. The great was really great, though. I loved the second part of the chorus (eighth note runs into long freeze arrow). That was really DDR in a good way. Actually, this file just feels a lot like a DDR MAX chart. I appreciate that. I can't say I liked the stop. - 8/10

Presentation:
The background and banner were really cool and work. I wish the text was a little more interesting. 4/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
12/15

Candy (Twekz Remix)

Heavy:
This was really good. I don't have a lot to say. I think the cut was longer than it needed to be and it seemed to kind of drag. But I liked it. - 9/10

Presentation:
Good graphics and really good bg video script. I liked the dog, he was cute. 5/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
14/15

Cheers To Us

Heavy:
I think the song choice limited you a little bit in ways that aren't your fault. There's nothing wrong with a 4 on heavy, in fact I think it look guts to submit it in a way. But ultimate I just didn't think these were that fun because there just isn't very much to work with. - 6/10

Presentation:
The graphics are well-made but they don't serve DDR. Appreciate the inclusion of the music video. Good effort! 4/5

Tilt:
+1 for chutzpah.

TOTAL:
11/15

Chewingood!!!

Heavy:
I think this will be a very popular file in this bracket, but it doesn't do a lot for me. It follows the music very closely and is a little predictable. But the steps work and there are no major problems. - 6/10

Presentation:
Anime character + some text has never worked for me. The background script is really hard to look at and uncomfortable on the eyes sometimes. 3/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
9/15

GOOD GIRL

Heavy:
The patterns were a little uninteresting and didn't give me DDR, but it wasn't bad. This cut felt long. I didn't like where the slowdown ended. - 7/10

Presentation:
The samplestart really needs adjustment! The graphics are cute but look a little like a cut from a CD jacket, even if they aren't. I think the text could have been arranged differently so that you could see some of it better. Included background video is nice. 4/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
11/15

HOW TO BE A HUMAN

Heavy:
This was very very good and really clean. I think that maybe the second half of the chorus could have had more pattern variation, but I understand and support what you were generally going for. I liked the ending. It reminds me of another file I once played. - 9/10

Presentation:
Pretty much perfect, from the gorgeous graphics to the included bg video. 5/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
14/15

Karma (TOTA US Intro)

Heavy:
The music just didn't give you much to work with. Maybe using the vocal version would have helped. This follows the music very, very closely despite the music not really serving anything dancable. - 6/10

Presentation:
The video is a nice touch, but the graphics are a little weak. The text in the background is off the screen. 3/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
9/15

Heavy:
The cut is very long and could have benefit somewhat from editing. I don't think simfile cuts need builds like in this cut. As a result this cut is very long and there are 20ish seconds of steps that are a little bland. Still, the steps are good, and I really like seeing more of this type of file. - 8/10

Presentation:
Really nice graphics that give me old-school nddro. 4/5

Tilt:
Xenon did nothing wrong. +1

TOTAL:
13/15

Last Surprise (You'll Never See It Coming)

Heavy:
I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw Last Surprise again. Very karaoke. Steps start way too early. 4/10

Presentation:
Very hard to see any information in the graphics and cut from a low-quality source. Audio seems quiet. 2/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
6/15

MY HEAD & MY HEART

Heavy:
This is very simple but good. If I had any criticisms it would be that I think it could have just been pushed more, maybe to a solid 8 footer. The stop ends at kind of a weird time. Solid but not super special. I'm torn about how to rate this one because while I think it is very competent and was fun to play on pad, I am not excited by it. 7.5/10

Presentation:
Cute graphics. Simple, effective, and very good color choices. 4/5

Tilt:
+.5 because decimal points get rounded and I want this to get rounded up. I think the overall package is good.

TOTAL:
12/15

OUT OF THE SKY (ANDRES SANCHEZ REMIX)

Heavy:
Great song choice, but I wish the steps took advantage of it more. The cut is too long and there is too much build. Maybe the song limit your ability to cut it? By the time the steps really start, half the song is over. I really love difficult 16th note section. After that it feels like we're just going through the motions. This is close to being really good but misses the mark I think. 6/10

Presentation:
The banner is simple but I like the fonts. The background is cute but the text is cut off at the bottom. 3/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
9/15

Pretty Green Eyes

Heavy:
This is very repetetive. The stop section really is a no. The cut is very long and has too much build. Thanks unironically for teleporting me to 2003. I don't think this is a great stepfile but I'm really glad it's here. 5/10

Presentation:
The banner is legible but a little boring. The background's text is cut off by the UI and seems to be a cutout. 2/5

Tilt:
Tournamix 3 stepfiles that teleport me to mars. +1

TOTAL:
8/15

QUIERO L'AMOR

Heavy:
I appreciate the effort. I think the cut is too long and there is a lot of stuff that could have been left out, like the bridge, and the third instance of the chorus. The 3 offbeat 8th notes during vocals thing is often a weird choice. I think you wanted to have a moment with the twisty sections but I don't think it worked very well. This is competent but it's not my favorite. 7/10

Presentation:
The graphics are good and readable. I like the colors. I'm not blown away but they're good and work 3/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
10/15

ROCK U

Heavy:
The arrows start comin' and the don't stop comin' and they don't stop comin' and they don't stop comin'and they don't stop comin'and they don't stop comin'and they don't stop comin'and they don't stop comin'and they don't stop comin'and they don't stop comin'and they don't stop comin'... 8/10

Presentation:
The graphics are cute. I like the texture. 4/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
12/15

Heavy:
Classic speed simfile. I really like the corner jumps during the chorus. There are bits of space that I think could have used an arrow every now and then. I like the crossover 3-note 8ths. This is cute and a lot of fun on pad. Might be a 7? Maybe an easy 8. 9/10

Presentation:
Another set of graphics that look like nddro. Polished but not the most creative choice of theme. 4/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
13/15

SOMEONE YOU LOVED

Heavy:
Every contest needs a good meme file. These steps are actually really good though. This was very fun to play and I think you did a good job. The only thing I'd say is that I think things get a little repetetive. 8/10

Presentation:
The graphics are really cute, and VERY DDRExtreme.co.uk. I also liked the video but it was a little distracting. I guess maybe that's the point. 4/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
12/15

TetraQ

Heavy:
I think the song choice or cut hamstrung you a little here. It feels like 25% of the cut is a slowdown without a BPM change. Too much build in the cut. I wasn't a fan of the yellow notes in the slow section. This is probably an 8 and not a 7. I wanted to like this but it isn't exciting. 7/10

Presentation:
Nice graphics and I loved the background video. 5/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
12/15

Upside Down (Almighty Club Mix)

Heavy:
I love this. I think it's very cute. The song choice is great for DDR and the steps give me 5th mix which I think you really wanted to do. Just so much fun. 10/10

Presentation:
I like the background a lot more than the banner, but the videos and background are really cute. Maybe the banner should have been a background cutout like 5th mix. 4/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
14/15

Warotte Pon

Heavy:
This song probably has a real artist. Anyway, I liked this a lot. I have to admit I wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did. I don't have much to say except this is pretty good. Gun to my head I think the orchestra hit sections should have had repeating patterns sometimes, and I think at times there was too much karaoke. Thank you for being a friend. 9/10

Presentation:
Well, I don't like the banner or background very much. The background doesn't have the song text and the banner is very simple. You're missing artist information too. 2/5

Tilt:
Given that this is one of the better heavy charts in the bracket I think it probably deserves a bump. +1

TOTAL:
11/15

Whine And Kotch

Heavy:
This started out OK and slowly became a little too chaotic. There were a lot of jumps I don't think should have been jumps. It feels like the steps were trying to follow every part of the song at the same time. 5/10

Presentation:
Nice video banner and background video, and I liked the transition to the video. 5/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
11/15
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Thu May 13, 2021 7:35 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Approval Vote

Hello, here I am again, your good girl [Entrant] and the translation system!

I have so much fun when I play, thanking everyone. I really liked how many of these songs hit the nerves of the old Dance Revolution - here are some pipes I'd like to join the guessing game, but really, people, they're very good at hiding. I have a strong prediction about one or two songs (are you the upside, Evan !?), but generally you have all shown good concealment skills - respect!

Approval Votes

AIRHEAD
Everyday Jumping
HOW TO BE A HUMAN
Whine And Kotch
Site Admin