SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSSION

Files not related to BEST-mix.

Moderator: MODS

SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSSION

by Hainaut » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:16 pm

Special thanks to Zero-X for doing the mix banner! You're awesome!

Songlist:

A winter fairy is melting a snowman / Kaela Kimura [Blinded No More]
Boom Boom Scream / Domino & Scream Team [#Infinity]
Boom Boom Scream (Paradrive Version) / Domino & Scream Team [#Infinity]
Christmas All Around / A-beat C All Stars [Blinded No More]
Christmas In Tokyo / Time All Stars [Blinded No More]
Courage the Cowardly Dog / They Might Be Giants [#Infinity]
Electronic or Treat / PON [Telpira]
goldenslaughter (Tishi's VW2 edit) / zts [Anonymous]
Grim Grinning Ghosts (Blarsa Remix) / Buddy Baker [hellrazor]
Halloween / Aqua [Lisek]
Holy Night / Michelle [#Infinity]
Jingle Bells / Nathalie White [#Infinity]
Kill The Noise Part 1 / Kill The Noise [Sexy-Candy-Panda]
Moses vs Santa Claus (feat. Snoop Dogg) / Epic Rap Battles of History [Zero-X]
Rock The Night / DJ Bobo [Zero-X]
Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites / Skrillex [Akira]
Spirit of the Night / Daniel [#Infinity]
This Christmas (Uness Remix) / Uness [Juub005]
We Say Merry Christmas / Virginelle [Blinded No More]
Trick or Treat! / Three Little Evils [Telperion]
You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch / Whirling Dervishes [#Infinity]

Download Pack (174.04 MB)
Posting Member

Re: SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSS

by hellrazor » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:08 pm

Who the heck is Sexy Candy Panda, that Kill the Noise simfile is AMAZING!!!! Very likely my favorite Halloween simfile ever WOW AMAZING song, synching, and video was just perfect, although the BPM of the intro is questionable but I guess it leads into the speed-up soon after, I'm just floored, I haven't played the Christmas sims yet (another Christmas in Tokyo, why is that song popular?).
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:26 pm

hellrazor wrote:Who the heck is Sexy Candy Panda, that Kill the Noise simfile is AMAZING!!!!

That's Aaron.
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:22 pm

Played a couple of these on pad before a slight headache set in. Noted the change of banners for Boom Boom Scream in coincidence with the new pack - nice touch on that one. The only two I played Holy Night and Jingle Bells - apologies to everyone who isn't #Infinity. Liked Jingle Bells a bit better, but I found the creativity in the first half of Holy Night charming too. I thought Holy Night might have been a bit overstepped in the chorus, but I am finding it less convenient to do more rhythmic patterns with my sneakers whose treads are completely worn out. And a headache was coming on. So I'm not sure about that comment. Really good song choices there - I like the old school feel of Jingle Bells. And both were quite fun.

I noticed some really nice graphics in this pack too. Looking forward to playing the rest :)

I unfortunately didn't get the file done by "Macho na si Santa" done in time - I realized it required way more tinkering than I had time for. Also, I still haven't figured out whether "Macho na si Santa" is the artist, or "Pasko ni Mr. Suave": see the album cover here. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000BP5SPG?is=l "Macho na si Santa" (by Masculados) is the first track, but nothing in the album notes or anywhere else indicates which of these two phrases in quotes they were designating as the album artist, if either. (The album almost entirely consists of clever interpolations of popular music with Christmas songs...)
Posting Member

by Blinded No More » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:28 am

I played a few on pad today.

BOOM BOOM SCREAM: I LOVED this song, how was I not aware of Halloween eurobeat? Nice patterns, could've used a few more complex crossovers/spins but it's fun nonetheless.

BOOM BOOM SCREAM (PARADRIVE VERSION): My fave file in the pack so far, that is one of the best-stepped euro riffs ever, I'm a sucker for 16ths in my riffs. The jumps were great too.

Courage the Cowardly Dog: OMG this song takes me back. Nice use of 16ths, could use a few more crossovers, but that's just my opinion.

Grim Grinning Ghosts: Wow hellrazor, this is probably your best file I've played from you.... although I've only played two of them, this and your file from Clubbing :P Like Courage, this song brings back memories, and the jumps were well-executed.

Holy Night: Italo-disco :D Some of the 16ths felt a little weird for a song this easygoing, if I were stepping it I would've stripped out the 16ths and made a more easygoing 7-footer. But nonetheless it was fun.

Jingle Bells: OH YES one of my fave Super Euro X'mas songs. I felt like it could've followed the song during the verse a little better, but again that's my opinion, it was still fun the way it was. I'm gonna have to step this one eventually.

Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites: Definitely one of my faves this time around, the background video was quite a nice addition. Also.... dem BPM gimmicks.

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch: Good song choice, I liked the streams during the 12th snare drums, and the stops during the spoken word sections are tricky :3 Could throw off a PFC pretty easily.... MWAHAHAHA

Gonna play the rest later tonight or tomorrow, very nice work everyone.

Edit: More reviews:

Electronic Or Treat: WHOA, what a tricky chart, I'd expect nothing less from Tellyjandro :D Did you make that BG video? Nice use of the Pop'n character and old-skool cartoon footage.

goldenslaughter (Tishi's VW2 edit) / Whoever stepped this definitely knew what they were doing, excellent use of crossovers. I thought the song had ended and stepped off the pad, then it started back again :P I'm guessing that Telperion did this chart.

Halloween: YES! FINALLY! SPINS! Nice use of crossovers and slowdowns. The girl in the background reminds me a bit of a recurring character who appears in a few of my graphics and TaroNuke's comics.

Moses VS Santa Claus: Ah yes, I remember this song. This is how hip-hop/rap should be stepped, with 24ths and slowdowns during verses. Nice work.

SPIRIT of the NIGHT: More eurobeat :D Nice use of crossovers and streams. I've stepped a Daniel song (Frontal Impact) back in Summer Contest 2012 on ZIv, I might show it to you sometime.

Trick or Treat!: SATANIC PIKACHU CHOIR!!!! Expert was well done, fun with the gallops and synchronized crossovers, very symmetrical file. Challenge.... a 10-footer that draws it's difficulty from crossovers..... YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Just a few more left to play! Apologies to whoever's I didn't play yet.
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:34 pm

So, would any of you guys like to have a chat session to review this pack?

Blinded No More wrote:SPIRIT of the NIGHT: More eurobeat :D Nice use of crossovers and streams. I've stepped a Daniel song (Frontal Impact) back in Summer Contest 2012 on ZIv, I might show it to you sometime.

That was my Best-Mix #1 entry! ;)
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:22 am

Oh my God, Aaron stepped KTN. I feel the dire need to crack open my SM just to play that one song!

I'd be interested in joining in on a chat review. Not sure how many files I'm going to end up making for the 2012 pack, but I'm down to at least play something new.
Posting Member

by Blinded No More » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:44 pm

#Infinity wrote:So, would any of you guys like to have a chat session to review this pack?

Blinded No More wrote:SPIRIT of the NIGHT: More eurobeat :D Nice use of crossovers and streams. I've stepped a Daniel song (Frontal Impact) back in Summer Contest 2012 on ZIv, I might show it to you sometime.

That was my Best-Mix #1 entry! ;)

Oh wow, something else for me to download :D I've already reviewed most of the stuff but sure, just let me know when the chat session is and I'd feel free to join.
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:04 pm

How does Saturday the 5th at 4:00 PM PST sound to you guys?
Posting Member

by Blinded No More » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Sounds alright to me, I'll try my best to make it.
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:34 pm

Er, can we maybe go with Sunday at the same time, instead?
Posting Member

by Blinded No More » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:48 am

Sunday actually works better for me :3
Posting Member

by Zounder » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:13 pm

I might be around, could possibly join up midway through.
Posting Member

by Telperion » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:21 pm

Sunday at 4 PST should work for me, I might be in and out though
Image Image
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:58 pm

I'm starting the chat review now. If you want to join, send an IM to Infinity183.
Posting Member

Next