Rumors

Negative BPMs?

Re: Rumors

by BLueSS » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:01 pm

hmm, I haven't seen Gameshow Marathon.

Needless to say, I'm still here (and just cleaned out all the spam that was here).

I still have my idea for the "gameshow/American Idol" style tournament this summer. What do you guys want to see from a tournament this summer?
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Super_Ray » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:36 am

what about a world cup style tournament where you have a group stage and then knockout rounds?
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:12 am

Well, that would be the exact same format as BEST-mix #1.5. And we all know how that turned out..
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:45 pm

will-i-am wrote:Well, that would be the exact same format as BEST-mix #1.5. And we all know how that turned out..

well, any sort of gameshow/tournament type deal might yeild those results.
Frankly, I'm still shocked at how bm1.5 turned out when I think back on it.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:26 pm

Shocked in a good or bad way? lol :P

I like the idea of having an elimation type contest, since it's less work on the judges and reviewing in general, not to mention judging files is at times a bit faulty, but I do think there is another way to approach this.

I kinda feel like there should be a points system again (think approval voting from the first BEST-mix). It'd be completely public voting to kick off the competition with all XX files, and the top X or XX files would advance automatically to the next round. Then, the files that didn't advance would be judged and/or voted on again as wildcards. The top X or XX files would then advance to the next round along with the other files that automatically advanced from the introductory round. All results of public votes would be kept secret as a way to prevent bias, like Eurovision. These first couple steps would mainly act as a way to minimize the pack.

After all that there could be some cool experimental gimmick method of determining the very top notch X files that makes people want to advance to that round in the first place. Finally, a raw 1 vote per person public vote would determine the winner out of the elite X files.

Just an idea~
Posting Member

by Lisek » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:38 pm

protip: Let's just have a contest. It will be awesome no matter what.
Posting Member

by Chmurek » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:45 am

BLueSS wrote:What do you guys want to see from a tournament this summer?

1. Community Pack after the main event is a must. And then a mass chat review over IRC/Skype. That was the best thing about BM#3.

2. Increase the file size limit to 20MB, or even 25MB. The quality standards have gone up, and so should the limit.

Personally, I would love to see the addition of mines (I mean, shock arrows :D) to the classic DDR contests (at the simmaker's full responsibility), but I know that even suggesting this would cause a huge flamewar.
That guy who made stuff like Rockhill / Vodka / Artillery / Gee
Posting Member

by cpubasic13 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 pm

I would love another community pack as well.
Posting Member

by Valex » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:43 pm

I want another community pack too, and I want to actually get in on the chat review, definitely
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:36 pm

will-i-am wrote:Shocked in a good or bad way? lol :P

Both, I guess. I was happy to pull an upset against a heavy favorite, but the file on the whole was admittedly pretty vanilla. I was expecting to get crushed. Anyway, I agree with Lisek. A contest will be great, no matter what.
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:02 am

will-i-am wrote:Shocked in a good or bad way? lol :P

I like the idea of having an elimation type contest, since it's less work on the judges and reviewing in general, not to mention judging files is at times a bit faulty, but I do think there is another way to approach this.

I kinda feel like there should be a points system again (think approval voting from the first BEST-mix). It'd be completely public voting to kick off the competition with all XX files, and the top X or XX files would advance automatically to the next round. Then, the files that didn't advance would be judged and/or voted on again as wildcards. The top X or XX files would then advance to the next round along with the other files that automatically advanced from the introductory round. All results of public votes would be kept secret as a way to prevent bias, like Eurovision. These first couple steps would mainly act as a way to minimize the pack.

After all that there could be some cool experimental gimmick method of determining the very top notch X files that makes people want to advance to that round in the first place. Finally, a raw 1 vote per person public vote would determine the winner out of the elite X files.

Just an idea~

To clarify the above, the Eurovision thing means that you would show which entries advanced but not show how each one ranked in the vote. That way, it becomes harder to anticipate who will win. The only problem is that in Eurovision this works because of the enormous number of voters, whereas it is easier to gauge public opinion here because the public is small. Still why not?

For the above idea you'd have to make the judging very quick to complete the first round. Don't want people waiting around too long after all.

After that, then just have a semifinal and a final, both completely public vote? You might want to have the contest be fairly simple... it would just be nice to have one at all :P
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:49 pm

So to start out, should we have a graphics contest for the contest banner like old time's sake? :)
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by will-i-am » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:25 pm

Good idea :wink:

Let the games begin!
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:12 pm

What will the dimensions for the banners be?
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Hmmm, this seems to be going rather slowly. I'm sorry, but I don't think I will be entering this contest, as it'd most likely end up going into the beginning of the school year, and I especially don't want to be distracted during what's probably going to be my hardest and busiest year yet.
Posting Member

PreviousNext