Fly Me To The Moon (VC2's Club Mix) [CoreyBlaze]

1ST PLACE - 13.5 VOTES
Back2Back by jammitch

2ND PLACE - 11.5 VOTES
Gee by Chmurek

3RD PLACE - 11 VOTES
Addicted to Bass (Apollo 440 Mix) by Oni-91

LINK TO VOTING SHEET

I'd like to say congratulations to all the files in the finals. The minimum votes received was 5, which means over 25% of the voters thought the file that ended up in last place of the top 8 files should win. That is a good accomplishment!

And to everybody else, there were a lot of really fun files this time, from both entries and the community pack! The community pack results definitely show that not everyone likes the same things, so having a good mix always makes it more fun for everyone.

The difference between 2/3, 5/6, and 7/8 places all came down to the extra half point votes gained from achieving the higher scores in round one!

I'd like to thank EVERYONE WHO ENTERED A FILE, as well as everyone who took time to to public reviews (the ones who did full reviews!!!), as well as the judges who put in their time to give feedback: Chmurek, LK4D4, lrxevan, Spork!, and will-i-am.

This tournament ran very smoothly on my end (with exception of delays - which happen due to life), and relatively drama free. :) I feel like everyone here had a really good time, and I think the Community Pack is here to stay.

Please give me as much feedback as you can in the feedback thread, and until next time, STAY AWESOME! :lol:
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

Re: BM3: FINAL RESULTS

by Juub005 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:50 am

Congratulations to jammitch, and also a big thank you for the videos (and to your fiancee for her participation too!). I myself wouldn't have done those because I would be wary of potential drama, and you took the risk and voila, haha. But it was a nice idea and the best execution of the video review I've seen to date. (Well, there's only been one other that I can recall and I wasn't too pleased at that one. No, I don't mean you, Spork - haven't seen your videos yet :P)
Posting Member

by CoreyBlaze » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:50 am

Wow the results are in already? Pretty fast compared to the results of the brackets :mrgreen: .

8th Place is more than good enough for me, as I didn't made my entry with an "everyone should like this" mentality (as I ironically did with my BM1-1.5-2 entries >_>). Competition was VERY tough this time around too, so that adds to my sense of achievement. Lots of files here will see constant replays in the future.

So congratulations to everyone and until BM4 :P .
Posting Member

by JukuGuy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:02 am

7th place, hey that's not a bad place to start! :) Yeah, the competition was a blast and I think I may have to stick around for the next one. :lol:

Grats to jammitch and to everyone else in this competition for making such a sweet pack.
Posting Member

by Zounder » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:38 am

Congrats jammitch!

Hey, this is the highest I ever placed in a Best Mix competition :D glad to see My Boy was enjoyed.

My votes ended up going to Gee, Astrogation, and Fly Me to the Moon. I was deliberating which of these files to give votes to when Juub alerted me the deadline was 15 minutes passed so I just ended up voting for all three. :shock:
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:33 am

THIRD!? Freaking third!!! HOW!?

Yeah, you're all awesome. Congrats to Chmurek and jammitch! for coming higher, and thanks very much for everyone who either judged or entered files. You guys are cool.
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

by Rob00996 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:31 pm

Congrats to everyone who placed and won in the popular votes. I really think that Best-mix 3 is my favorite of mixes because there were several amazing simfiles.

I do find it ironic that I've never made it past the first round, in the past, with simfiles that I have spent at least a week on, but I placed in 5th on a simfile that I completed in a day. Anyways, thanks to everyone that voted for Astrogation and got it this far.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:58 pm

LOL Oni !! I knew you were in no way expecting that, so congrats! XD

I knew it was going to be a toss up between Gee and Back 2 Back for the gold, and Back 2 Back managed to pull through with a 2 vote lead! Congrats jammitch on your 3rd belt from a bemanistyle (not really anymore lol) related simfile contest!

I was hoping RELEASE ME would do just a bit better, but an accomplishment indeed in making it to the finals. :)
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:59 pm

I've been slumping a bit at simming lately for a lot of reasons, so it's really good to prove that I still have what it takes. I definitely played it safe with this one, but I had a good feeling about it from the beginning, and I'm happy with how it turned out from top to bottom. This very well might get me simming more again, and with another title under my belt, I'll probably go a bit bolder next time so someone else can win. :)
A crossbeats REV. stream? On Twitch? It's more likely than you think!
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:20 pm

6th place is pretty nice, thanks a lot guys!

Congratulations to jammitch! for winning!

Sorry I haven't been around lately; the school year just started and so I haven't really paid much attention to the contest itself.
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:15 am

Oni-91 wrote:THIRD!? Freaking third!!! HOW!?

Your file was really good, that's how.
So were Gee and Back2back. Congrats to all of you!
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Super_Ray wrote:
Oni-91 wrote:THIRD!? Freaking third!!! HOW!?

Your file was really good, that's how.
So were Gee and Back2back. Congrats to all of you!

But to jump from first round KO to...third!?
Yeah, you can guess I'm pretty amazed at that, heh.
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member