by Aki » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:32 pm

TheBaldOneMpls wrote:http://www.earth-2.net/wallpaper/full/Kill_Bill_001.jpg

Enjoy!

wallpaper'd <3
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

Re: BRACKET 1 - DISCUSSION & DOWNLOAD

by Spork! » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:20 pm

Hey, Zounder! I think I found a mistake in your double chart!
Everytime I played this on foot I felt this was wrong, so I took a look. I believe the run in M45 was supposed to start ON the measure, not an 8th before. It really doesn't go with anything as it's set up, right now...
Posting Member

by The Period » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:01 am

Yep, I also realized that (see "Next Chapter" at the bottom)
"Every mistake I make has a proposal, that's why all of them are intentional." - THE PERIOD
Posting Member

by Zounder » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:59 pm

@Spork!: yeah, I can sorta explain that. First off, I never play doubles, so because of this, whenever I make a double chart (very rare) I lay down the steps, try and eyeball if it flows (which sometimes I kinda guess since I don't play doubles, but that's besides the point) And I usually don't bother playing back the chart since I assume I have the rhythms down right, since that's just a matter of knowing the song. Well, obviously I messed up the rhythm there! So yeah, my bad. Just don't play the chart anymore. =P This is what I get for rushing it, I suppose.

@jammitch!: Thanks for doing the videos, it's a really cool idea and it works really well. I found it cool that you compared my Boy to Breakdown, since I had the spirit of that song in mind when I made the chart! Though, I did test those freezes and I can assure you they are not too short that they end up being one of those freezes that may as well not be there. If you press and let go fast enough, they do end up as misses. Probably pretty hard to do, though. But glad you guys liked the charts!
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:14 pm

jammitch, I'm currently watching your videos, and they are very entertaining. Looking forward to agreeing and disagreeing with you in Bracket 2 :)
Posting Member

by lrxevan » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:20 am

I just got finished writing my judge reviews out last night. There's going to be a lot of competition for #1 this time around. A lot of good files in there.

There was more than one issue with bad syncing due to bad song cuts in this bracket. I would suggest people use ACID (or something like it, I'm sure there's similar open-source software around) to cut their songs because it gives basically perfect cuts that don't deviate mid-song.
This special title makes me look cool.

by BLueSS » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:17 pm

Still have 2/3 for judges' scores. Will delay until the 3rd comes in.

Bracket 2 will be uploaded later tonight. :)
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by will-i-am » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:27 pm

Yeah, there were a few really good files in this bracket. I don't know why everyone else seems to be complaining about only finding one file that was actually good.
Posting Member

by CoreyBlaze » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:44 pm

BLueSS wrote:Still have 2/3 for judges' scores. Will delay until the 3rd comes in.

Bracket 2 will be uploaded later tonight. :)

I think we can do without that last judge, I'm not interested in rushed reviews D=.

I'm eager to play bracket 2 :D .
Posting Member

by Xythar » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:34 pm

I'm eager for other people to play bracket 2 because my file is in it
Posting Member

by Zounder » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:06 pm

For whatever reason I completely missed like 4 Bracket 1 Public reviews and just realized Spork! also made videos, so thanks to him as well! I really like the DDR setup you got there.

And of course thanks to everybody who takes the time to do written reviews as well, you work does not go unappreciated. I'm not gonna have the time this time around to write anything (or even play everything, possibly) but I'm glad to see plenty of other reviews.
Posting Member

Previous