[FULL] First Round RESULTS

First time there's been a tie for first; and it's a three-way. :o

Moderator: MODS

by BLueSS » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:05 pm

Titiln wrote:
Sir.Rendr wrote:EDIT: Speaking of Wildcard, how many files are we allowed to vote for for each Bracket?
i think you can vote for any 5 files, which bracket they come from is irrelevant

Correct. Up to 5, so you can vote for just one if you want.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Sir.Rendr » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:31 pm

Oh, cool thanks.

MAX got robbed as well, by the way. The 20 points from one of the judges didn't seem to help it squeeze to at least the wildcard round. :( The potential annual $10 giveaway should automatically be donated to MAX. [/sarcastic] if you can't read this you are officially colorblind
Posting Member

by Zounder » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:33 pm

The results for B3 are sorta out of whack, but that's what we got the WC round for!

I know judging is anonymous, but since there's only two of them, and I PRed Bracket 2, and I already said I was judging, it should be obvious I'm the anon judge in B3, "Judge 1." I hope I provided enough comments for everyone, but if I didn't, feel free to PM me after the competition if you'd like more detail, or a clarification. I'm here to help. :D
Posting Member

by LK4D4 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:43 pm

My way of judging is 1st based on the level you have set for each difficulty. Saying it's a 7, then played to find many likenesses to an 8 (increase in CO's and streams) I may have rated slightly lower, but in most cases I tried to just tell you "it's an 8-footer" and rate as an 8 and grade as if it were an 8. Rhythm, Movement, Sync, all played a factor to me.

I rated my sim just like I rated everyone elses, relying on friend's viewpoints, trying to find differences in other sims/songs, and trying to erase all memory of my steps from my mind when doing so. So I was surprised how my sim made in my scoring.

I don't play many DDR stuff, mostly ITG, but I had to go back and play a couple prior to get the feel of what 6's, 7's, etc. were really like in the DDR standpoint. Although most of my scoring is not based on "is it DDR/ITG like?" but more like "does this feel good with what the song is portraying?".

And you can call me LK if you want to shorten the name. And yes I do drugs (it's called Chocolate).
Posting Member

by Titiln » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:21 pm

you rated max 20 and wow 17.... gotta be some good chocolate
same as it ever was
Posting Member

by DGJ » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:40 pm

Titiln wrote:you rated max 20 and wow 17.... gotta be some good chocolate

ahhh, the light is so blinding!! is this... the birth of a meme??
Image Image
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:26 pm

Author of Can U Feel It wrote:
CoreyBlaze wrote:I pointed out a very obvious flaw in it, and the author admitted that it could be "fixed", which means that it's indeed broken and not on par with non-broken songs....

Don't misrepresent the situation. Eight steps in the two hardest charts are a sixteenth beat earlier than the music they are intended to follow, and in many repeated plays over the course of the tournament no one else noticed (or if they did they didn't bother to point it out). While you're right that it's technically incorrect and worthwhile to touch up later, it's clearly neither "very obvious" nor "broken".
Site Admin

by Snap » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:51 pm

When are we allowed to reveal which files we made btw? I want to post mine in the usual haunts.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:56 pm

I prefer after the whole contest is over, to prevent everyone's identity from being spoiled. If everyone who didn't move on said what they did, it would be easy to narrow the remaining files down.
Site Admin

by Parama » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:21 pm

BLueSS wrote:I prefer after the whole contest is over, to prevent everyone's identity from being spoiled. If everyone who didn't move on said what they did, it would be easy to narrow the remaining files down.

If anyone hasn't figured out which file is mine by now I'd be shocked.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:12 pm

Parama wrote:If anyone hasn't figured out which file is mine by now I'd be shocked.

Actually your file will be hard for many people to guess.
You haven't been here in tournaments before, and with the amount of additional new people, there are many files that yours could be.
Site Admin

by Danny » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:33 pm

Well, at least i tried **sniff**
Posting Member

by Parama » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:56 pm

BLueSS wrote:
Parama wrote:If anyone hasn't figured out which file is mine by now I'd be shocked.

Actually your file will be hard for many people to guess.
You haven't been here in tournaments before, and with the amount of additional new people, there are many files that yours could be.

I think some people will be able to draw a few parallels based on my previous posts.

Next year if I use the same artist then it will be BLATANTLY obvious which file is mine :roll:
Posting Member

Previous