BRACKET 3 - Public Review

First time there's been a tie for first; and it's a three-way. :o

Moderator: MODS

BRACKET 3 - Public Review

by BLueSS » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:48 pm

Rules for Public Reviews:

-Judge all of the files in the bracket.
-If your song is in the pack judging, make up a fake score and treat it like it was any other file. When compiling the score's I'll take it out secretly.

-If you review all the charts (and use the official judging format of Light: /5, Standard: /5, Heavy: /10; and you do a VERY good job, I reserve the right to bump your review into an official judging slot!
Note: This is not guaranteed to get you in, and if this is your first time here, I'm not going to bump your review either.

Scorechart: (This is practically the same as the judges have)
/20 - Chart(s) (If you're new, judging just the heavy chart is allowed)
/5 - Presentation (Remember, this is not "graphics", this is the overall presentation of the file (including work put into extras, if the graphics happen to be sub-par.)
+3 - Tilt: Used for any reason, like extra charts or similar (This can only fill in points that the entrant missed in other areas!)

Total of /25 Possible Points

The public review scores will be averaged together and will count as an additional judge's scores.

DO NOT DISCUSS PUBLIC REVIEWS IN THIS THREAD! THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR REVIEWING!
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Hainaut » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:47 pm

Short public review based on the comments I made in the chat with Zounder. Some additional notes are made to clarify things that need them (mostly tilt bonuses, but also regarding steps and presentation). Sorry if anything is a bit unclear - let me know if you need something to be clarified.

CAN U FEEL IT
STEPS: 19/20 (one phrase was a little awkward imo in that the notes don't really follow the song and just feel out of place even after playing it a few times; still an absolutely fantastic chart, though!)
PRESENTATION: 5/5
TILT: +2 (Beginner, Challenge)
FINAL SCORE: 25/25

FAT LIP
STEPS: 17/20
PRESENTATION: 3/5
TILT: +2 (Doubles)
FINAL SCORE: 22/25

FUGUE
STEPS: 14/20
PRESENTATION: 3.5/5
TILT: +1 (Beginner)
FINAL SCORE: 18.5/25

IN THE ARMY NOW
STEPS: 8/20
PRESENTATION: 1.5/5
TILT: +0
FINAL SCORE: 9.5/25

LIAR GAME
STEPS: 13/20
PRESENTATION: 4.5/5
TILT: +2.5 (Beginner, Doubles, ITG-style Challenge)
FINAL SCORE: 20/25

MAKE ME YOUR OWN
STEPS: 4/20
PRESENTATION: 2/5
FINAL SCORE: 6/25

MARIO PAINT (INTENSE COLOR REMIX)
STEPS: 3/20
PRESENTATION: 1/5
TILT: +0.5 (Heavy Double, Challenge is not good)
FINAL SCORE: 4.5/25

SATELLITES
STEPS: 19/20

SECOND HEAVEN
PRESENTATION: 4/5
FINAL SCORE: 17/25

SOMEDAY, SOMEWHERE
STEPS: 10/20
FINAL SCORE: 16.5/25

SOMETHING GOOD '08
STEPS: 8/20
FINAL SOORE: 14/25

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW -OVERHEAD CHAMPION REMIX-
STEPS: 15/20
FINAL SCORE: 21/25

SOUL ON FIRE
STEPS: 18/20
FINAL SCORE: 23/25

SPICE OF LIFE
STEPS: 7/20
FINAL SCORE: 8.5/25

SUPERSTAR
STEPS: 20/20
PRESENTATION: 4.5/5 (bpm handling is a bit iffy)
TILT: +2 (Challenge, Heavy Double)

TWISTER-GANG-MIX
STEPS: 5/20
FINAL SCORE: 7.5/25

WATCH US WORK IT
STEPS: 18/20
FINAL SCORE: 24/25

WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS (EDISON RADIO MIX)
STEPS: 5.5/20
FINAL SCORE: 7/25

WOW
STEPS: 19/20
TILT: +3 (Beginner, Doubles)

YOU CAN
TILT: +0.5 (Beginner)
FINAL SCORE: 17.5/25
Posting Member

by CoreyBlaze » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:00 pm

Can U Feel It

Expert

It was okay...it felt a bit repetitive because the steps mostly followed the background beat that didn't changed at all during the song. And when it stopped following that, then you made every purple arrow in the chorus early on purpose, because I didn't felt I was stepping it to anything in the music. See, I acknoledge Konami themselves have done this in the past, but they can get away with it because we can't change the steps and (being an ex-competitive player) I'd rather shut up and just learn it that way than bitch endlessly about how it doesn't follow anything. Other than that, it was alright but it failed to impress me, sorry.
10/20

Challenge

Much better! It was much more interesting, even though the gallops in the beginning and ending were not well backed-up by the beat so they felt kinda weak. You also tried to play it safe in the parts when there are VERY audible 16ths in the music by just using 8ths and very few 16ths, but to me it was more annoying than effective. And the 16ths in the chorus are even worse here, they felt almost as gimmicky as unnecessary BPM tricks. Anyways, I liked it, good job.

Presentation:

Nice artwork, stylish, unique and definitely not ugly. The text looks kinda lazy, though. Lyrics too, nice.
4/5

Tilt? 2/3. A good set of challenge steps is always welcome.

Total: 16/25

Fat Lip

Expert

The second half of the song was SO much better than the first for some reason...I have mixed feelings about this one. Even the BPM changes made more sense in the second half. I can't even remember how the steps were on the first half of the song anymore, but the second half (specially the last 20 seconds) was even ddr-worthy, and that's saying something. Too bad that we're looking for a full song that is ddr-worthy. I have to give a higher score that I would like because I didn't saw any big flaws at all in the steps overall.
14/20

Presentation

Banner is ok, bg is sub-par...no other extras were found. Oh well.
3/5

Tilt? 0/3

Total: 17/25

Fugue

Expert

Can anyone say ITG? Freezes that don't need to be held to get OKs are unnecessary, btw. This almost felt like playing a IIDX L7 chart, the song didn't allowed you to be creative. Not impressed...

11/20

Presentation:

Boring-looking graphics, not very well presented. =/
2/5

Tilt? No thanks 0/3

Total: 13/25

In the army now

Expert

NICE! I liked a lot these steps, the chart was easy but very fun. It was...pretty much flawless. I didn't liked how you ended the steps during the fadeout, though. Those last 5 steps were totally unnecessary. The *STEPS* are great, excellent job.
18/20

Presentation:

...ouch. Let's face it. Your graphics suck. I wasn't expecting anything good at all from this at first glance, but boy, I was wrong. I feel the song could have been a bit shorter. Also, your song was victim of a bad cut, I was nearly Full Marvelous'ing the whole thing while at the end I was getting mostly perfects and greats (and 0 marvs) for staying on beat. Sorry for this!
0/5

Tilt? This simfile is the rough draft of a totally great simfile. 2/3

Total: 20/25

Liar Game

Expert

Very good. Even if the song was kinda repetitive, enough WELL-DONE variety in the steps kept things interesting. The only remotely bad thing I can point out was the part where you had to spam first the right arrow and then left arrow, if you had used "freeze on left; right right up up right right down down right right up up...etc" with the same foot, it could have been much better, the BPM was slow enough for it to be fun. Excellent job.
18/20

Challenge

Wow...if Roxor had used more stepcharts/simfiles like these, my opinion about ITG would be SO different...Outstanding job...for an ITG-styled simfile!!! D=
This is a DDR-style competition buddy!!

Presentation

Pretty much perfect, very well presented, although a few seconds of video and then background for the rest of the song was very weird, haha.
5/5

Tilt? YES. 3/3

Total: 26/25

Make me your own

Expert

For the most part, I liked this, except that I disagree at times with some of your choices at parts where you totally ignored a very prominent part/sound in the music just to avoid adding 16ths or something (which was really odd, since you were quite liberal with them in the final part of the song). Also, I'm not against doublestepping, but it wasn't very tastefully used. I still liked this, good job.
16/20

Presentation

Pretty sub-par banner and bg (if any? I couldn't tell...) but the official song vid? YES.
3/5

Tilt? IIDX Gold is good-cool's best style since 8th, superb song choice. Not many extras though, this song totally called for a ddr styled (think spin the disc!) Expert chart and a fully-fleshed out challenge chart just like you *almost* have in the current expert chart. 2/3

Total: 21/25

Mario Paint (Intense Color Remix)

Expert

It was unexpectedly good haha, it was fun, the author kept things interesting and fresh with plenty of well-thought patterns. There were some odd freezes that didn't flowed too well with the chart, unfortunately.
17/20

Challenge

It's a good CHALLENGE chart. The ending is a bit nuts (I guess someone liked dead end -GRS- huh?), but I didn't saw any terrible stepping oddities other than the silly "fake-freezes" (no need to hold them to get OKs). But it's fun, I liked it.

Presentation

(graphics) ...

Wasn't expecting that much judging from that banner/bg, but I was proved wrong once again. Still, shitty presentation IS shitty presentation. If you don't care about your graphics, I don't care about your presentation score. Also...why the song doesn't ends O_o?
0/5

Tilt? ...but I liked it =p 3/3

Total: 20/25

Satellites

Expert

This has "lazy" written all over it. It almost reminded me of ITG Hard charts where they just put arrows that loosely follow the music, but not doing too much to make it memorable. Good steps accent key parts of the song with clever arrow placement, which this song totally failed to achieve. After playing it three times, I don't remember anything specific about the steps. They were just *THAT* uneventful. It's still fun, but it could have been SO-MUCH-BETTER.
14/20

Presentation

Nice graphics. The text art has "lazy" written all over it again, but at the very least, it doesn't make things look worse, which is always preferrable to plain bad text art.
4/5

Tilt? I want to like this but it has RUSHED written all over it. 1/3

Total: 19/25

Second Heaven

Expert

Okay, there were a few arrows in the very beginning that weren't musically necessary. I didn't liked the placement of the freeze arrows that accented the "end" of the main melody (that happened mostly in the up arrow), they felt very awkward. Also, you repeated (copy+paste maybe?) the patterns used in the "countdown" section in the beginning later in the song. The problem here was that in the countdown, it worked because of the lack of a beat to follow so it was common sense to follow the piano, but there was a beat in that second part, there was no need to repeat that part almost arrow by arrow, so much lack of creativity there. The ending ruined the chart, with all those repeating jumps and 16ths that didn't really did anything to reinvindicate the rest of the chart. A shame, really.
10/20

Presentation

Yay heavenly graphics...fit the song I guess haha. So-so looking text art, not too impressed with the presentation of this simfile, honestly. Doesn't looks like the author went thru many troubles making these.
2/5

Tilt? No thanks 0/3

Total: 12/25

Someday, Somewhere

Expert

At first I was kinda baffled by the use you gave to freeze arrows, until I realized they followed the vocals. This was a very bad decision, it would have worked SO much better if you had followed the bass with the freeze arrows and not the vocals. Why is this bad? Because my sense of rhythm wants to follow the bass, but it can't. Have you seen these k-pop singers and their coreographies? They dance with the music, not with the vocals. Hint, hint. The rest of the chart was ok, but it totally failed to impress.
9/20

Challenge

The same problem is here. A funny one was that in one part the song went totally silent and the steps suddenly became all jumps xD. More fun than Expert, but what I mentioned about the expert chart totally killed this simfile for me...

Presentation

BoA looks like a retard in that background. And this is coming from a BoA fan, I've even stepped a song by her (Amazing Kiss from TM4+). The picture is kinda cool, but that's not BoA's best angle lol. Note to everyone who does this: finding an artist pic and slapping the song name on it looks GOOD 0 out of 10 times. It's lazy. Also, the fade out wasn't very tastefully done. This simfile wasn't very well presented =/ .
1/5

Tilt? Unfortunately, no. 0/3. Dear author, I can clearly tell that you aren't too experienced with the art of simfiling but you tried hard. Keep on it, I'm sure you'll improve a lot next time.

Total: 10/25

Something Good '08

Expert

The song title is right, this simfile is something good! It's so well-stepped, very very nice job, and thanks for having the balls to use 16ths liberally on a 7-footer while keeping it 7-foot. The only thing I'd like to point out was the part with single purple arrows followed by gallops, I don't know, it didn't flowed as well as the rest of the steps. Other than that, great job.
19/20

Presentation

The presentation is good with video and all, but I wish everything was higher quality. Also, at a point the video gets "choppy", and it doesn't look like it was meant to be that way in the video O_o.
2/5

Tilt? Yes! Good Simfile. 3/3

Total: 24/25

Somewhere Over The Rainbow (Overhead Champion Remix)

Expert

I have no complains here. You totally achieved what you were aiming for, but it doesn't really stands out as unique and amazing, I feel like I have played this soooo many times before. Personally, I'm not terribly impressed, but I DO recognize a good stepchart when I see one and I have to rate accordingly.
20/20

Presentation

Perfect job. Your presentation was flawless.
5/5

Tilt? 0/3. Not like you need it anyways, but this is one of the most generic 9 footers I've ever played. I think that the extremely unoriginal song choice has a lot to do with my slight dissatisfaction with this simfile. Get out of the safe side, look beyond DDR for simfiling material.

Total: 25/25

Soul on Fire

Expert

I have to be honest, this was boring. The steps aren't bad really, it's just that it was...uneventful. I'm almost tempted to put the *RUSHED* label here, but some parts of the song were better than that, it's just that overall it failed to impress me. I would have done this very differently, namely the arrow placement and the parts of the music you chose to follow most of the times.
15/20

Presentation

That's some NICE artwork, great job. You went the generic way by just slapping there a fire background just because the song title says "fire", but at least it looks very good.
4/5

Tilt? No, I don't think I'll be playing this a lot...0/3

Total: 19/25

Spice of Life

Expert

I couldn't time this at all, but the steps are actually pretty good for the most part. The beginning was pretty rough though, with you INSISTING in following the vocals when the beat was extremely prominent, it felt completely wrong. Maybe if the synching had been more stable I could have enjoyed this more.
11/20

Presentation

Sub-par artwork, terrible synching.
1/5

Tilt? No. 0/3

Total: 12/25

Superstar

Expert

This is 100% DDR material. The first half could have tried different step placement, but overall, superb job.
19/20

Presentation

Graphics went the "simplistic but prefectly fitting" way, and it worked very effectively. The banner is a but fuzzy when you compare it with the bg, but it's still good. Lyrics too, nice.
4/5

Tilt? Oh YES. 3/3. Songs like these make me want to get up and dance. You know, DANCE.

Total: 26/25

Twister (Gang Mix)

Expert

This is ridiculously hard for an 8. The song went on and on, so it became boring by the end, even if it's only 1:30~...not a good sign. This is why song choice is so important. Nothing memorable about these steps.
11/20

Presentation

Maybe I could have appreciated this more if I had played The World Ends With You (which I've heard is pretty good, but I don't even own a DS lol), but just scrolling art of the game randomly with almost no text wasn't the best idea. Perhaps TWEWY fans will like this, but you forgot to make it appealing to those who don't know what's going on with that art.
2/5

Tilt? 1/3, this isn't the kind of simfile that does well in competitions like this, but the Challenge was fun.

Total: 14/25

Watch us work it

Expert

Very fun chart! 99.9% of the times I'm against the use of freeze arrows that don't need to be held to get OKs, but you made them work surprisingly effective here! Also, that slowdown felt SO natural that it's worth mentioning. Step placement was good, this is a very correctly made stepchart. The reason I'm not giving you full score is because I feel you could have "fusioned" both the expert and challenge chart of this song and have made one amazing expert chart.
18/20

Presentation

The main song graphics aren't very DDR-ish, so when you blent them with real DDR graphics, the result was odd. Not a bad presentation, but it could have been better for sure.
3/5

Tilt? 2/3. 1 for the challenge chart, and another because I liked it enough.

Total: 23/25

We Are Your Friends (Edison Radio Mix)

Expert

Not bad, not bad at all. However, I didn't like the approach you gave to this song. The BPM gimmicks weren't that hot, and the bits of LeftDown or DownRight diagonal jumping felt totally forced. Overall, the chart was well-structured. This reminds me of that song in a DDR american version that it's there, but I never play it just because I don't think it's very fun. It just won't get too many plays after the mandatory AAA.
15/20

Presentation

I'm not getting anything from those graphics. Not distracting, at least.
2/5

Tilt? 1/3 for the effort, I'm sure you can do much better than this!

Total: 18/25

WOW

Expert

Another correctly made chart. I have nothing to say here because this is pretty much how the song had to be done. I'm not giving you full points because that honor is reserved for that chart that totally blows me away, but this is still pretty good stuff.
19/20

Presentation

WOW. Amazing presentation.
5/5

Tilt? 1/3. I feel guilty for not liking this as much as I should. I guess it's because this isn't my favorite Kylie Minogue song, but hey, you're still getting 25/25.

Total: 25/25

You Can

Expert

This is exactly what I would expect from a 4th Mix+/5th chart. Fun chart overall, but I wish this would have been a challenge chart instead, and the Expert, more like "If You Can Say Good Bye". Then the 4th Mix+ feeling would have been COMPLETE.
18/20

Presentation

I don't care if you were trying to imitate IYCSGB's graphic style, but this is ugly. The text in the banner is bad, the woman in the bg is ugly, and the text in the bg is bad too and the "You Can" is barely visible/doesn't stands out as much as it should.
2/5

Tilt? 1/3 because it wasn't boring, at least, but I was never too fond of IYCSGB in 3rd mix...

Total: 21/25

RESULTS:

Liar game - 26 (25)
Superstar - 26 (25)
WOW - 25

Somewhere Over The Rainbow - 25
Something Good - 24
Watch us Work it - 23
Make Me Your Own - 21
You Can - 21
Mario Paint - 20
In The Army Now - 20
Satellites - 19
Soul on fire - 19
We are your friends - 18
Fat lip - 17
Can U Feel It - 16
Twister - 14
Fugue - 13
Second Heaven - 12
Spice of life -12
Someday Somewhere - 10
Last edited by CoreyBlaze on Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posting Member

by Rob00996 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:21 pm

Since I'm now busy with college, I will only be able to review the heavy charts. That way, I can try and review all the brackets.

Can You Feel It

Heavy 18/20

These steps really fit the song. I like how you use 8th
note streams throughout the verse of the song instead of trying to follow the vocals throughout the whole song. The 16th notes during the chorus just didn't seem
to go with the song very well.

Presentation 4.5/5
You did a really good job with the graphics.

Tilt: 1/3
+.5 informative readme
+1 challenge steps

Overall 23/25
Not a bad way to start the 3rd bracket. Good job man!

Fat Lip

Heavy 15/20

The bpm change really caught me by surprise, especially the second time. Nothing really stood out to me in this simfile except the beginning and the end.

Presentation 4/5

Banner and background was good, but it wasn't anything flashy.

Tilt 1/3

+ 1 full set of doubles stepfiles

Total 20/25
Not bad either. Even thought this simfile is not as memorable as other simfiles in this tournament, it still is pretty enjoyable.

Fugue

Heavy 11/20

There were a couple of problems throughout the whole simfile. The was no need for the 16th note freezes in
the middle of the song, they could have just been regular 16th notes. You seemed to also make your steps mostly follow the synth in the 1st half, and the bass drum in the 2nd half. It wouldn't have hurt to mix up the patterns every once in a while.

Presentation 4/5

The graphics were really nice, but they seem like something you would find in ITG.

Tilt .1/3

+.1 Beginner Steps (would have been .5 if you took out the freezes)

Overall 15.1/25

This simfile had a couple of problems but it isn't necessarily a bad simfile

In The Army Now

Heavy 16/20

This was a surprise. I didn't think the song would have good steps, but you proved me wrong. The steps during the fadeout could have been taken out. The 32nd note before the stop probably could have been switched with a 16th note triplet.

Presentation 1.5/5
The background and banner looked a little ugly. One thing that bothered me about the banner is that the title of the song is below the music artist's name.

Tilt 0/3
Nothing here, sorry

Overall 17.5/25
The graphics and lack of extras really killed you here, if you fixed that up this could have been an even better simfile.

Liar Game

Heavy 13.5/20

I thought the steps were allright. The freezes parts with the 8th note jackhammers were awkward and the one slow part with a huge stream of 4th notes could have been used to do some other step patterns.

Presentation 3.5/5
The banner and background look pretty good. I wish there could have been more videos or background animations later on in the simfile.

Tilt 2.1/3
+.5 video
+1 full doubles set
+.1 beginnner steps with corner jumps and freezes
+.5 challenge steps

Overall 19.1/25
The extras really helped you out in the end.

Make Me Your Own

Heavy 14.5/20

The steps were good in most parts. This song feels like it could have had more laid back steps compared to what you did here. You did do a pretty good job with the steps though, but there was some double stepping that was unnecessary throughout the song.

Presentation 2.5/5
The banner and background look okay for me.

Tilt .5/3
+.5 video

Overall 17.5/25
With a few improvements, this could have been a great simfile.

Mario Paint

Heavy 9/20
These steps were very average. With the song, you could have easily changed up the step patterns and not be so reliant on the synth sounds. Two other things that bother me is that the steps start when the beat starts, and that the 33bpm part could have easily been doubled, and the really fast bpm part at
the end was uncalled for.

Presentation 1/5
The graphics weren't very good

Tilt 1/3
+.5 challenge chart
+.5 double chart

Overall 11/25
This had the potential to be much better than it was

Satellites

Heavy 20/20
The first set of steps that I thought were flawless in this bracket. I like the use of the 16th note (jackhammers?) at the slow part of the sim.

Presentation 5/5
Great bg and banner

Tilt .5/3
+.5 beginner steps (it's not like you need extra points anyway)

Overall 25/25
The first perfect file I found in this bracket. Nice song choice also.

Second Heaven

Heavy 15/20

Not bad, but the steps could have used a little more variety in some parts. Nothing really stood out unfortunately.

Presentation 4/5
Nice bg and banner

Tilt .5/3
+.5 video

Overall 19.5/25
Theres not really much to say about this simfile.

Someday, Somewhere

Heavy 13.5/20
You were on the right path with the steps for most of the song, but try not to have all the freezes follow the vocals of the singer.

Presentation 2/5
Nothing special with the graphics. The song cut ended too quickly.

Tilt .6/3
+.1 beginner steps with freezes
+.5 challenge steps

Overall 16.1/25
Not bad, but the graphics and part of the steps hurt you.

Something Good

Heavy 12/20
The first half of the simfile had alot of problems. The 16th note jackhammers were really unnecessary. The the offbeat 16th notes didn't seem right. But the 2nd half of the simfile was much better.

Presentation 3/5
Nothing special, but it got the job done.

Tilt .6/3
+.5 video

Overall 15.6/25
If the 1st half was as good as the 2nd second half, you would have gotten a much higher score.

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Heavy 20/20
These steps were amazing! The beginning stops fit the song perfectly. So far, I think you have best simfile in this bracket.

Presentation 5/5
Spot On

Tilt 1/3
+.5 beginner steps
+.5 video

Overall 25/25
The best simfile so far in this bracket.

Souls on Fire

Heavy - 18/20
These steps were really good. The song itself seems like it would have repetitive patterns, but you did a good job mixing them up.

Presentation 5/5
Really Nice Background and Banner

Tilt .1/3

Overall 23.1/25
A suprisingly good simfile

Spice of Life

Heavy 8/20
Not very good. The bpm was very unstable and the 32 notes weren't implemented very well.

Graphics 1.5/5
Not very good graphics

Tilt 0/3
Nothing Here

Overall 9.5/25
I just didn't like this simfile at all.

Superstar

Heavy 16/20
Good job with the steps. Unfotunately, nothing stood out to me that was outstanding.

Presentation 3/5
Pretty good graphics

Tilt .5/3
+.5 challenge steps

Overall 19.5/25
Another good simfile

Twister

Heavy 12/20
These steps seemed more like a 9 footer. Especially in the beginning. It also felt like I was facing the right side most of the time while playing this. But there is some good steps in here though

Presentation 2/5
The title of text in the banner is so small. I didn't
even notice it until looking in the folder of the simfile

Tilt .8/3
+.5 challenge steps
+.2 4 background animations

Overall 14.8/25
Better luck next time

Watch Us Work It

Heavy 13/20
You had some good stuff going the beginning of the simfile, but try not to follow just the vocals most of the time. There was also no need for 8th note long
freezes.

Presentation 2.5/5
decent background and banner

Tilt 1.5/3
+.5 beginner steps
+.5 challenge steps
+.5 video (I like the cowbell video in the song)

Overall 17/25
If you fixed up the steps and made a nicer banner and background, you would have probably gotten a really high score.

We Are Your Friends

Heavy 18/20
These steps were a surprise. The double stepping fit in nicely and the part where the steps speed up was a nice touch. The slow part of the song could have been
a little easier though.

Presentation 2/5
Very average background and banner

Tilt 0/3
Nothing Here

Overall 20/25
If you just had some extra features, you could have gotten a higher score. But still, you did a good job with the simfile.

Wow

Heavy 20/20
WOW WOW WOW WOW. good steps

Presentation 5/5
WOW WOW WOW WOW. good graphics

Tilt 1.5/3
+.5 beginner steps
+.5 doubles set
+.5 video

Overall 25/25
WOW WOW WOW WOW. great job man.

You Can

Heavy 19/20
Very nicely done. The way the steps ended could have been done differently.

Graphics 2.5/5
grapics on the banner were okay, but the background wasn't very good.

Tilt .1/3

Overall 21.6/25
You still did a good job with this simfile.

Here are my top 5 favorites in this bracket.

1. Somewhere Over The Rainbow
2. Satellites
3. Wow
4. Souls On Fire
5. Can You Feel It
Last edited by Rob00996 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posting Member

by Danny » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:20 pm

LOL @ how everyone always leaves out the last few tracks on this bracket.
Posting Member

by Krazy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:27 am

I can't believe I'm actually doing reviews...

I think I may tend to be harsh about stupid things like the banner text not matching the song wheel but oh well. To me, it's the little things that make a file professional.

I'll mention if I think something is misrated, but I won't take points off for it unless it's way off because it's just an artificial estimation of a songs difficulty, and everyone finds different things difficult.

Most extra things I gave up to half a point for tilt depending how good they were. Things like video, animated banner, extra charts, etc. Lyrics got .25 unless it was only 1 line or something, then it was less. CD Titles get .05 points, doubles charts get .25 points each if they exist, I don't play doubles so I can't judge them at all.

Can U Feel It?

Light: 5/5
This is honestly perfect, and actually probably even better than other songs I gave a 5 to on light.

Standard: 4.5/5
A little too much karaoke syndrome but it worked really well for the most part. I don't like how the beginning was all hard stuff and then you get to the chorus and it's just really easy in comparison. Good use of freezes.

Heavy: 8.75/10
I thought it was weird how the “nanana” part was harder on standard than heavy. I liked that part more here though. One thing I would have to say seemed a little awkward were the 16ths in the chorus, I realize you were trying to do something to stray from the vocals but it felt a bit strange, following the keyboard or whatever it was. Some of the streams here were really well done. Excellent chart.

Presentation: 4.9/5
Banner is fine, background is fine, sync is fine, sample start is fine, cut is fine. John Robinson isn't capitalized on the song wheel. This song is really annoying.

Tilt: +1.3
//CD Title: +0.05
//Lyrics: +0.25
//Challenge chart, good: +0.5
//Beginner chart, fine: +0.5

TOTAL: 24.45/25
(I kind of doubt anything else will get a score even close to this, this file does nothing to stand out, but it does absolutely nothing wrong and everything right, and it has a lot of extras to help it out.)

FAT LIP

Light: 4.25/5
There's nothing really wrong with this, but I didn't like it too much. It felt a little disorganized, even though there was a pattern throughout it. I think what I probably didn't like the most was the slow section in the middle, and the part right after it with a lot of jumps.

Standard: 4/5
I feel like you were following the guitar too much for a large part of it, but there definitely parts where you went with different stuff. Solid chart, I still feel like there are more jumps than there needs to be, you could probably do away with half of them and I'd like it more. Maybe a tiny bit to similar to your light chart, but not really noticeable.

Heavy: 8.25/10
This was a good chart, but not totally amazing. I really didn't like the intro at all. A little more variety in the steps would have been nice, but with a song like this which is pretty much entirely 8th notes that is hard to do.

Presentation: 4.5/5
Banner is fine, background is fine, sync is fine, cut is fine, sample start is fine. The speedup was really annoying, and I think maybe is could have done without it. It does go with the song, but it still annoyed me quite a bit and the entire thing probably could have been 196.

Tilt: +1.2
//3 doubles charts: +0.75
//Beginner chart, fine pretty much, though I question if you actually did this entire chart or copied and pasted a lot of it: +0.4

TOTAL: 22.2/25

fugue

Light: 3/5
A lot of this felt like you just put down random quarter notes without really thinking about patterns at all. I noticed a couple, but for the most part it just seemed random. Rhythms weren't bad, but it got kind of boring doing 1-2-3 pause 1-2-3 pause for a large part of the song.

Standard: 3/5
Try to make your rhythms more varied. For a large part of the intro it was just the same slow gallop kind of patter, and then for the fast part you basically followed the synth for the whole time. It got pretty boring and predictable. There didn't seem to be much of a pattern here either, though I think there may have been in the freezes in the beginning, whether or not that was intentional, I'm not sure. There seemed to be a LOT of double stepping here where there probably shouldn't have been.

Heavy: 7/10
I felt like I was playing IIDX for the entire second half, because you literraly followed the drums exactly. At least it added some variety, I guess. The really short 16th note freezes in the first half were unnecessary, as they are too short to not get an OK on. Pretty bland and boring chart, but probably better than light and standard.

Presentation: 1.5/5
Banner is really pixelated and ugly, background is fine, sync is fine, sample start is fine. Cut is a little bit too long, you probably could have cut out some of the first half. My biggest problem with this file is the volume, it's so loud that it clips horribly, making the sound quality absolutely atrocious. I would never have played this if I wasn't judging it because the volume is too loud, and the banner is too ugly.

Tilt: +0.3
//Beginner chart, this seemed about as well thought out as your light chart: +0.3

TOTAL: 14.8/25

In The Army

Light: 4/5
This wasn't bad but it really didn't do anything for me. It was really generic and forgettable, and I didn't really notice to many patterns. Mind-numbingly boring, even for a 2. You stepped into the fadeout.

I think you used jumps really well here. This was still boring but it was a really good chart. Only problem is, you step into the fadeout.

Heavy: 8/10
This was a good chart, but I feel like just having stream got kind of boring after awhile. The gallops and 16ths at the end were a really nice touch. Jumps were used well still. I didn't like your very first freeze in the song, but it wasn't really bad. Good chart, but almost painfully generic. Stepping into the fadeout etc.

Presentation: 2.5/5
The banner says “IN THE ARMY NOW”, while the song wheel says “In The Army”, so which is the real title? Banner and background are both really bland and boring, and kind of freaky looking. Sync is perfect, sample start is fine, this song is way too long. It doesn't help that it's extremely repetitive, either. It definitely should have been cut, and I would have changed the fadeout so it wasn't so easy to step into. No readme?

Tilt: +0
I got nothin.

TOTAL: 19.0/25

LIAR GAME Liar Game Opening

Light: 2.5/5
This was kind of bad. A lot of it just kind of seemed like random arrows, I didn't like the first long freeze section at all, the entire last third of the chart I did not agree with at all. I didn't really notice any patterns in it, and I'm pretty sure a large part of the song is spent facing left.

Standard: 3.5/5
I liked it more than your light chart but a lot of it seemed like you just came up with some generic rhythm that kind of went with the song. Like, I could copy and paste these steps onto another song and it would be exactly the same. The gallops were nice though, but I still really don't like the ending section at all.

Heavy: 6.75/10
Those really long jackhammers were really unnecessary. I think you need to work on having the steps match the intensity of the song more, especially with a song like this. There are parts where I definitely would have used freezes and you just keep on using quarter notes like theres some beat going on when there's nothing at all except for the clicking beeping. Pretty disorganized chart overall, I didn't really like it.

Presentation: 2.5/5
Banner is a bit grainy, artist is in Japanese on the song wheel, but English on the banner. I also don't see “Liar Game Opening” anywhere. The first background looks pretty grainy as well, but I guess the second one is a little better. I almost want to think this is a joke file because of how the video ends a quarter of the way through and then the rest of the song is really ambient and repetitive and stuff. Sync is fine, sample start is fine. This is way too long, especially for such a repetitive song. It's a little loud too.

Tilt: +1.49
//Uhh, a quarter of a video?: +0.13
//Second background, in a weird resolution: +0.01
//Challenge chart, ITG style steps that were not very good: +0.3
//Beginner chart, this had a lot of stuff I generally don't like to see in beginner: +0.3

TOTAL: 16.74/25

Make Me Your Own

Light: 4/5
This was okay, but the arrows felt a bit random to me. I liked the part with the 3 freezes. Jumps were used pretty well I guess. Kind of felt like a bland chart though, it seems to me like you tought about the rhythms but not so much about the patterns. Not horrible by any means however.

Standard: 4.25/5
There were a lot of fun spins here, maybe too many. Most of your freezes seemed kind of short to me. Decent chart I guess, though it doesn't really stand out to me very much.

Heavy: 7/10
This feels really really overstepped for this kind of song. I think you would have been better off making this the challenge chart and re-doing heavy. As it is now, there are a lot of weird double steps in here that I don't think really work, even though they sort of did in standard. Some of your 16th streams feel really kind of out of place, at parts this just kind of seems hard for the sake of being hard. I had high expectations for this considering how well the song could work for DDR, but I really wasn't expecting a chart anything close to this.

Presentation: 3.9/5
The banner's text is kind of hard to read and it's sort of pixelated, same with the background I guess. Sync is fine, cut is a little long but I think it works, sample start is fine. No readme?

Tilt: +0.5
//Video: +0.5

TOTAL: 19.65/25

Mario Paint Intense Color

Light: 2.25/5
I didn't like how it was only LR for the entire first 50 arrows or so. You used freezes pretty well I guess. Jumps felt pretty random overall, I don't feel like they were needed in most places they were used. The steps felt pretty random overall, especially towards the end. I noticed a few things that may have resembled some kind of pattern, but not much. All the jackhammers were pretty annoying, especially for light. I didn't really like that pattern right at the end either. **After playing all your other charts, it makes me like this even less.

Standard: 1/5
First thought: Why is the voltage off the chart for this? Okay playing now... next thought: Why the FUCK is there a jump 30 seconds after the song ends? That's probably the sloppiest thing I've seen this entire tournament, did you even playtest this? Other than that, the slow part with the freezes was bad because the entire thing was just hitting freezes on the right arrow (which I felt were too long and kind of overlapped with the next freeze too much), while matching the bass with the left arrow, for like 20 seconds. It was extremely boring. The rest of the chart wasn't much better, I'm pretty sure the voltage was so high because you had parts with a lot of quick jumps in succession, and more arrows in a short amount of time = voltage. I didn't like this at all.

Heavy: 4/10
I didn't like this at all either. I think I would never want to play it on pad. I'm guessing it was made by someone who makes a lot of keyboard sims because that's what it felt like the whole way through, a really easy keyboard sim. At first I thought the freezes were nice but then the same basic concept stayed throughout the whole song and it got old really fast. There was too much annoying step-jumping. Not the worst chart I've seen, but it wasn't good.

Presentation: 0.1/5
Banner title is capitalized, but song wheel isn't. Also the banner has the word REMIX but the song wheel doesn't so is the name of the song supposed to have REMIX or not? Also, your background and banner are both pretty ugly. Did you even playtest this? It takes like 30 seconds to end after the song is over, thanks to that one extra jump in standard (and apparently doubles, also). The song is 2:19, which is very long to begin with, but then the chart doesn't end for 30 seconds after the song does, making the playtime closer to 3 minutes! That is way too long. A waste of time, really. You should have used #DISPLAYBPM so that I wasn't freaked out by the 1000 BPM, since there are no arrows you have to hit during that part. Sample start seems pretty random, I can't tell what you were going for with it. It's also extremely long. Sync was fine.

Tilt: +0.55
//2 doubles charts: +0.5
//Challenge chart, fucking bleh, I could probably pick out 20 things wrong with this: +0.05

TOTAL: 7.9/25

SATELLITES

Light: 4.5/5
Great chart, it's hard to pick out things that are bad about it. Maybe slightly too repetitive, but other than that it's really good. I know, it's hard to make a light chart that's not repetitive but a lot of this kind of seemed like it had the same idea for jumps and rhythms throughout the entire song.

Great chart, it's hard to pick out things that are bad about it. Good yet subtle use of patterns, I really felt like there was a theme throughout this (same with light). I think the two things I can complain about are the slow section, which was actually really good but probably my least favorite part of the chart, and the fact that this all seems like it's stream, with no real variety to the flow. What I mean is, there's not really any jackhammers, or runs on just 2 arrows, the entire thing just basically seems like you're running around the pad.

Heavy: 8.75/10
Great chart, it's hard to pick out things that are bad about it. It has a really cookie-cutterish feeling, like you're afraid to try anything different. It's completely standard. No double stepping at all, simple patterns, simple use of freeze arrows, simple slowdown, I don't even think there's any crossovers except at the very beginning. One of the most generic charts here, but it's really good. I liked the couple of jackhammers you used. The slowdown was probably the only weird part for me. Try to get less conservative in your steps, I guess.

Presentation: 4.75/5
Banner and background are fine, sync is fine, sample start is fine, cut is fine. I think this is just slightly too loud, but not as loud as say “Frontal Impact” from Best Mix #1.

TOTAL: 23.05/25

Second Heaven

Light: 3.5/5
Felt really random, there were a lot of parts I don't agree with, like the very beginning and the part with a lot of jackhammers in the IIDX chart, which is pretty much unsteppable. I would have used a stop or something, having two quarter notes there is kind of weird to me. Patterns felt pretty random, though I did like the first verse or chorus or whatever when the lyrics come back in. Felt really disorganized, I didn't notice any kind of unifying idea throughout it.

I liked the ending. A lot of this felt just like a IIDX chart, and I really didn't like. For example, the countdown part and the whole quiet section leading up to it was pretty horrible. You randomly followed the piano, randomly didn't, and the steps didn't match the intensity of the song at all. That's like the most mellow part of the song and it is as hard as the rest of the chart. Then I didn't like how you had a freeze on 2, 1, and then on Somebody Scream. It felt really really off to me. I also didn't like the beginning at all.

Nope didn't like this very much either. Kind of felt a lot like a IIDX chart does, especially at the quiet parts with just the vocals and piano. At first I liked your use of jackhammers but then when the step-jumping jackhammers started to get thrown in, I didn't really like it. I didn't like the part with a lot of jackhammers from IIDX, having only 5 16ths there when there's actually 8 notes and then having a freeze just seems really weird, you really should have cut that part out or something because it really is completely unsteppable. Still don't like the beginning. I like the intensity at the end but it probably turned what would have been an 8 into a 9. I said before this even started that Second Heaven would be an extremely hard song to step and I was right.

Presentation: 4.5/5
Banner and background are fine, sync is fine, sample start is fine, it's a little too long though, and it would have REALLY helped all your charts if you cut out some of the more unsteppable parts of this.

TOTAL: 18.3/25

Someday, Somewhere

Light: 3.75/5
I didn't really get much out of this. It just kind of felt like random patterns that followed stuff in the song, but there wasn't much of a pattern to the patterns. Average set of steps, maybe a bit much for a 4. Then again this is only 99 BPM so maybe not. It seemed like by the end you were just throwing down groups of 3 eighth notes because you could, even if it wasn't entirely called for.

I didn't like the quarter notes during the first freeze at all, they didn't seem to be going to anything. I feel like you had extremely blatant karaoke syndrome at some points. It seemed to me like I'd be facing left a lot more often than right, although that may just be because it didn't seem like there would be enough turning in general. At least one part was taken straight out of light. Very unoriginal patterns, it seemed like a lot of it was just stream facing one direction the whole time, while following the vocals exactly. Not very original.

Heavy: 6.5/10
I really like how you used the first crossover in the song (around note 100), it went really well with the song and lyrics in general at that point. There were too many freezes in this, many of which seemed to have eighth note runs during them. It wouldn't be too hard to do on a pad, but maybe slightly annoying. A lot of parts blatantly came straight out of standard except with a few more arrows or freezes. This was somewhat original with all the freezes, but I really don't like how it was executed, and a lot of my complaints about standard can be applied here because this is basically standard+. By the way, the part at the very end (where you step into the fadeout, which is bad in itself) should be swung, not a straight 16th roll. This applies to standard too since they are, you know, too similar.

Presentation: 2/5
Banner has a little jpeg artifacting, background has a little but not as badly as the banner, but the text in the background is more annoying. Graphics in general feel quite unpolished. You have Blue Arrow Syndrome, and it seemed like you might not have realized it because you seemed to be basing some patterns off of red arrows, which ended up on the upbeat, but I'm really not sure. Either way, it's sloppy. You stepped into the fadeout, and the fadeout really kind of came out of nowhere. I'm guessing you couldn't cut it so you just decided to fadeout somewhere, if this was the case (if), you should have made the fadeout over a longer period of time so it was less abrupt. Cut was fine otherwise. Sync was fine, sample start was fine.

Tilt: +0.5
//Challenge steps, the 16ths in this are swung, you shouldn't be using straight 16ths anywhere (this applies to where you used them in heavy as well, I just forgot to mention it.) This felt really sloppy and kind of like heavy+, and heavy was standard+, so this is standard++: +0.3
//Beginner steps, this had a LOT of stuff I generally don't like to see in beginner, and was really disorganized and seemed quite random: +0.2

TOTAL: 15.75

Something Good '08

I'm pretty sure the majority of this would be spent facing left, especially in the first half. Decent patterns though, nice use of freezes, nice crossovers I guess. Still, the fact that you basically spend the entire first half facing left really annoys me and makes me think that you really didn't think about direction at all.

Standard: 4.25/5
Decent chart, but a lot of parts remind me of light, specifically that step-jump-step part in the middle, only in standard the last arrow is a 1 beat freeze. So basically it's exactly the same. I liked a lot of the spins, but there were a couple of spots where there was double stepping that I didn't like that definitely weren't part of spins. This was a decent chart, there wasn't a whole lot wrong with it. Maybe just slightly bland.

Heavy: 7.75/10
I didn't like the jackhammers at all, there was probably a better way to match the style of the music at that point. This felt more like an 9 or maybe an 8 than a 7 to me, but maybe not. I didn't like the way you used gallops for the most part, and part with almost all yellow arrows following the reverse filtered piano (or whatever it was) in the first half felt really weird to me. What I did like, was just about all of your 8th note streams and patterns throughout the whole song, they all felt dead on. The patterns were good, freezes and jumps were both used well. Decent chart except for a few parts, I thought. The 16th runs worked fine.

Presentation: 2.75/5
Banner is kind of wonky, Utah Saints is not capitalized on song wheel but is on the banner. At first I thought your background was horrible and in a weird resolution but it transferred into the video nicely. Still, I would hate to play this without the video because the background by itself is pretty ugly. Sample start was fine I guess, but kind of seems long, cut was a little long but it didn't feel long at all. I think your BPM or something might be off, because it felt like as the song progressed it slowly started to get off sync until at the end I was getting a lot of greats. Whatever it was, there seemed to be something wrong. I hate this song, although that's irrelevant.

Tilt: +1.0
//Video that skips pretty horribly and gets pretty annoying because of it: +0.5
//Beginner chart, fine I guess: +0.5

TOTAL: 20.0/25

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW -OVERHEAD CHAMPION REMIX-

Light: 4.75/5
I don't like how a lot of this seems to focus on L and R for large chunks of it. I also don't like how you used some jumps. Other than that, extremely good chart. Excellent use of patterns, good use of freezes, yep.

Very good, this felt like a real DDR standard chart. The only thing I can really think to complain about is the huge gap in the middle when the song keeps going, it's only the lyrics have stopped. You could have at least put something there to make it less obvious you were only following the vocals for that entire section. Actually I didn't really like a lot of the measure long jump freezes in general, it seemed like there was a lot of other interesting stuff you could have done with them. Great patterns in this, but I don't like it quite as much as your light chart. It's slightly too elementary, you could have maybe put at least put in something interesting like even a single crossover or something.

Heavy: 9.25/10
Excellent chart. I guess the only thing I can maybe pick on is that the patterns you used to follow thr syncopated synth in the outro seemed slightly random, but I kind of recognized some of it from the beginning. Also I thought it was a little weird how you used jumps to accent the strong synth hits in the beginning, but not in the ending.

Presentation: 4.65/5
Banner and background are wonderful, sample start is fine, cut is a little long but is actually fine while playing it, sync is fine. Really nice use of stops in the beginning. The only thing I have to complain about is the volume is a bit too low. No readme?

Tilt: +1.05
//Beginner chart, higher voltage than standard, hmmm... oh nice ending. This was fine: +0.5

TOTAL: 24.2/25

Soul On Fire

This chart was good. This had average patterns but it kind of felt inconsistent, like you didn't entirely think how the song was going when you put down the rhythms. I think a few repeated quarter note could have been used well at points here. It's so hard to think of things to say about light charts.

Standard: 4.75/5
Decent, I liked some of the freeze usage, and it seemed about as varied chart wise as a 5 can be. Actually on a second playthrough this seems extremely fun and I really like what you did at some points, but I still feel like jumps were used a tiny bit strangely, following the vocals as opposed to the stronger beat.

Heavy: 8.5/10
Definitely some advanced crossover usage here, I like it a lot. However, I think since most of the crossovers make you face left, it makes the chart seem like you're facing left more often than right, even if that's not necessarily true. It's just that, when your back is turned, most of the time you'll be facing left. This would be very fun on a pad most likely. Pretty good variation for a chart that uses just 8ths (except for the couple of 12ths). Still, I feel like it's nothing groundbreaking.

Presentation: 4.25/5
Banner and background both look fine, but the title is capitalized. Sync is fine, sample start seems a tiny bit off, cut is long, and you can certainly tell while playing it. It would have been nice if you had cut out a couple parts. Awesome readme.

TOTAL: 22.3/25

Spice of Life

Light: 3.5/5
Most of it basically seemed like you threw down quarter notes, but there was a pattern to it. It went with the music pretty well, but I feel like you could have had a couple more spaces. The speed changes ruined this what otherwise could have been at least an average chart.

This was not very good, you had a habit of following the vocals at points that didn't really make sense considering the rest of the music, and I think there may have been quite a bit of double stepping.

Heavy: 6/10
I didn't like this very much either, you switched from following one thing exactly to another thing exactly for most of the song. The 32nds were really annoying because they just followed the vocals when there was really no music going, and most of this seemed like it was trying to follow the really quiet guitar in the background rather than much more prominent things in the song. It would have been best if you had made steps that went with a number of things in the song at once as opposed to only one subtle thing.

Presentation: 1.5/5
Banner and background are both really bad, and Beck isn't capitalized on the song wheel, and from what I understand that isn't even the real artist. You have Blue Arrow Syndrome after the extremely annoying and pointless stop at the end. This has the most ridiculously unnecessary BPM changes and stops I've seen so far in this tournament, and it turned what would have been an average simfile into a complete mess. Sample start is fine, sync is fine, cut is fine.

I got nothin.

TOTAL: 14.0/25

Superstar

This is decent but I feel like some parts don't really follow much of a pattern, but most of it does. It was weird to me how you had the same music repeating at points and yet had completely different things in the steps, but it wasn't really bad. Maybe a tiny bit random at times but pretty good. I liked your use of jumps and freezes for the most part.

Pretty great chart, the only part I really didn't like was probably the beginning. It just didn't feel like it should have been all quarter notes for 50 arrows, and there should have been some breaks or jumps or eighths or something. Seems like a pretty flawless chart otherwise, especially the second half.

This was quite good, but I questioned your use of jumps at times. Also, some parts seemed eerily similar to standard. It seems like you had a good idea of what direction the player would be facing throughout the song and matched the music accordingly. Most of the streams seemed good and there seemed to be a pattern to them.

Banner and background both look fine, but you have Superstar as two words though the song wheel has it as one. Sample start is fine, cut is fine. I think this is one constant BPM and the beginning kind of feels off because it shouldn't change from 130 to 131, the gap should just be adjusted slightly, though I could be wrong. Still, I find it hard to believe you actually noticed there was a 1 BPM difference for only 15 measures, so I'm kind of guessing it's the former. Also this is pretty irrelevant, but your readme describes this as being a cheerful song or something but to me it sounds extremely dismal and depressing, just with a female singer and typical pop music beats.

Tilt: +0.9
//1 doubles chart: +0.25
//Lyrics: +0.25
//Challenge chart, most of the first half seemed like mostly random stream and reminded me a lot of Broadbanded, but the second half was better: +0.4

TOTAL: 22.65/25

Twister ~Gang Mix~

Light: 3.75/5
You face right for the majority of this, and as a result I think it seems like you repeated patterns even if you didn't actually intend to. The patterns used weren't bad and went with the song well, but it's pretty annoying to be facing right the entire time. I think some repeated quarter notes could have been used really well at some parts in this.

There was a lot of annoying double stepping in this. A LOT. A lot of streams felt kind of uninspired and boring also. There were some good parts though, I liked a lot of the shorter streams but not the longer ones. The freeze section was a nice break but it may have lasted slightly too long and was just the same rhythm of freezes and steps over and over.

There was a lot of annoying double stepping in this. A LOT. Most of the 16ths were really unnecessary, they just went with the vocals, not the music. It was a pretty bad case of karaoke syndrome, and uninventive steps. I liked parts of it, but as a whole it was kind of a mess.

Presentation: 3/5
Banner is very blurry and plain, and what I notice more is Subarashiki Kono Sekai, not Twister ~Gang Mix~. The song itself is way too quiet, it should be louder to match the other songs. Sample start seems completely random. Sync is perfect. No readme? Props for doing an awesome song from TWEWY.

Tilt: +0.95
//4 different backgrounds, all of which look neat but are just game art with the title and artist slapped on, though it works well and I feel like each fits the mood of the song perfectly at the point it's used: +0.2
//Challenge chart, this basically seemed like heavy+, and a lot of parts were exactly the same as heavy: +0.25
//Beginner chart, fine I guess: +0.5

TOTAL: 18.45/25

Watch Us Work It

This was pretty good. Your short freezes weren't really necessary but I see what effect you were going for. Maybe a little repetitive, that part I just mentioned with the freezes kind of got old by the end, since you basically did the exact same thing twice. Good patterns for the most part. I think there may have been a little more left-facing than right-facing, but maybe not.

This was a very good chart. My only complaint is that a lot of your patterns got boring by the end because of their repetitiveness (each pattern is only 1 or 2 measures long), and the song is kind of long. So basically it seemed like I just kept doing the same thing over and over for a long time.

My biggest complaint here is definitely all the short freezes you used. I know a few songs in DDR do it, but I'm still bothered every time I see a freeze that lasts half a beat (or less, in the case of some of them at the end). I know they were trying to match the music, but they still don't actually serve much of a purpose gameplay-wise. Other than that this chart was almost entirely stream, which was pretty well done for the most part. Although, I felt like it got a little random by the end. Jackhammers were used well. I thought it was weird how the cowbell part was harder on standard than on heavy.

Presentation: 3.5/5
Banner is entirely capitalized whereas song wheel isn't. Same deal with the background. I guess they kind of look fine otherwise, but weird. This song itself is way too loud, it kind of clips a little at some points, messing up the sound quality. Sync is fine, nice slowdown, sample start is fine, cut is way too long and it definitely effected the steps, as I felt all the charts were too repetitive by the end.

Tilt: +1.5
//Challenge chart, I have the same complaints about this as I did with heavy, though I probably like this better except for the insane crossovers: +0.5
//Beginner chart, very very good: +0.5

TOTAL: 22.25/25

We Are Your Friends (Edison Radio Mix)

I didn't really notice much of a pattern to anything, but this was a pretty good chart other than that. Decent freeze usage I guess, and even for such a pretty repetitive song it was somewhat varied. Just try to think about patterns more next time.

I think I liked everything about this, except for the short freezes (yet again). It wasn't too bad, and I think at this low of a BPM it's actually possible to not OK half-beat freezes. Great song for a jumpy standard chart, it worked perfectly. Oh and actually I didn't really like the 3 note jackhammers at the beginning either.

Heavy: 7.75/10
I liked the gallops and the syncopated patterns, but when there were 3 16th notes in a row, all offbeat, it felt off. You were following the quiet bass in the background exactly, and completely forgot how the main melody went and it ended up feeling completely off. Some of the step jumping also started to get out of hand by the end. I did like the huge variety of steps in the chart though. Some parts in the freeze section though felt especially weird, like when your are holding a freeze with one foot while the other does eighth notes, it's hard and aggravating to do, and I don't think it fit.

Everything is capitalized in the banner but not on the song wheel. Same deal with the background. Both look a little bit strange but I guess they work okay. Really neat BPM gimmick, but you should have used #DISPLAYBPM=123 so I wasn't so freaked out by the 61-246BPM when picking the song. This may be a result of being right after one of the loudest songs, but this seems a tiny bit quiet. Sync was fine, sample start was fine, cut was fine.

I got nothin. Couldn't you at least have put the lyrics in a lrc file instead of the readme to have gotten something here?

TOTAL: 21.0/25

WOW

Light: 5/5
I can't pick out anything wrong with this.

Feels just like a DDR chart. About the only thing I didn't like about it was during the first half when there were pretty big gaps, I wouldn't call it exactly karaoke syndrome, but I think an arrow could have fit nicely in them. Maybe a little more double stepping than I'd like, but it was never between eighth notes and wasn't an issue for the most part.

Heavy: 9.5/10
Okay, things I didn't like first: the long freezes that ended with a blue arrow and then had nothing after felt kind of weird, I actually would have liked if you followed the vocals during that part, to not have such a strange gap. Next, the syncopated 16ths were nice for the variation the created, but maybe seemed slightly out of place to me. I think they worked better in the ending that in the intro, I probably would have cut them from the intro but left them in the ending as sort of a final wall before finishing the song. Other than that, pretty much a flawless chart.

Presentation: 4.4/5
Banner and background are both pretty official looking. Sync is fine, cut is fine. Sample start seems to be right in the middle of a word/verse, it's pretty horrible actually. No readme?

Tilt: +1.8
//Beginner chart, this is very very similar to light, but still a great chart: +0.5

TOTAL: 25.0/25
(WOW A perfect score, how did this happen!? Although this is not my favorite entry in the tournament by a long shot, it is made exceptionally well and the extras really help it out.)

YOU CAN

Decent. I didn't like how most of the arrows seem to be L and R. I noticed some really nice patterns and themes in this, but it was a little bland and repetitive.

This was okay too, I didn't really dig having jackhammers on the “you can” every single time, you should have done stuff to mix it up more. The chart was pretty bland actually, I can't even think of things to say about it. Kind of boring and uninspired I guess.

Heavy: 7.25/10
Did this really have to be a 9? I listen to the song and hear a 7, maybe an 8. I think you seriously overstepped it. You did not have to follow the rapping exactly in the rap part. You did not have to follow the synth exactly at the synth part. You did not have to follow the vocals exactly at the vocal part. But you did all these things, and regardless of how hard the chart is, it was pretty dull. Your steps should accompany the music, not follow it exactly. Still, it wasn't horrible, it may be somewhat fun on a pad, and I think I might have noticed a couple of solid patterns.

Presentation: 3/5
Banner is a tiny bit pixelly, and the artist is capitalized on it but not on the song wheel. The background is absolutely fucking atrocious, it has a lot of jpeg artifacting, the text is pixelated and ugly and stands out to much and stupid. Sample start is fine, sync is fine. Maybe just a little little bit too quiet. But not much. Or maybe it's just the low sound quality. I feel like the fade out at the end is sort of weird, because it's right after you start playing the main melody again, but then it just fades out halfway through. That is some fucking awesome rapping.

Tilt: +0.3
//Beginner chart, almost everywhere you used a jump it felt weird, you had an freeze and it started on an eighth note which is questionable for beginner, and at the end the steps just kind of stop even though the music keeps going awhile before the song ends: +0.3

TOTAL: 18.8/25

DONE!

Final summary:

WOW 25.0
Can U Feel It? 24.45
SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW -OVERHEAD CHAMPION REMIX- 24.2
SATELLITES 23.05
Superstar 22.65
Soul On Fire 22.3
Watch Us Work It 22.25
FAT LIP 22.2
We Are Your Friends (Edison Radio Mix) 21.0
Something Good '08 20.0
Make Me Your Own 19.65
In The Army 19.0
YOU CAN 18.8
Twister ~Gang Mix~ 18.45
Second Heaven 18.3
LIAR GAME Liar Game Opening 16.74
Someday, Somewhere 15.75
fugue 14.8
Spice of Life 14.0
Mario Paint Intense Color 7.9

Anything over 22 is what I would consider good. That's not to say anything under 22 is bad, most of the stuff here is at least average, however I feel they don't quite show the level of quality in the 22+ group.

Wow, this took 16 pages in word.
Last edited by Krazy on Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Posting Member

by THECapedCaper » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:57 pm

Lots of good charts in this bracket (lol balance). Easily the best bracket out of the three.

My ratings (Score of Heavy Chart [out of 20] + Presentation [out of 5] + Tilt [3 Points Possible] = Total). Ties broken by higher chart score, then by extras.

Watch Us Work It - 19 + 4 + 1.5 = 24.5
Fat Lip - 19 + 2.5 + 1 = 22.5
Can U Feel It - 16 + 3.5 + 2.5 = 22

Wow - 17 + 4 + 0.5 = 21.5
Something Good '08 - 16 + 4 + 0.5 = 20.5
Fugue - 16 + 3 + 1 = 20
Satellites - 15 + 3.5 + 1 = 19.5
Liar Game - 14 + 3.5 + 2 = 19.5
Someday, Somewhere - 14 + 3.5 + 1.5 = 19
Soul on Fire - 15 + 3 + 0.5 = 18.5
Somewhere Over the Rainbow - 15 + 3 + 0.5 = 18.5
Make Me Your Own - 15 + 3 + 0 = 18
Superstar - 14 + 3 + 1 = 18
Mario Paint - 14 + 2 + 1.5 = 17.5
Second Heaven - 14 + 3.5 + 0 = 17.5
You Can - 14 + 1.5 + 0.5 = 16
Twister - 12 + 2 + 1 = 15
In The Army Now - 12 + 2 + 0 = 14
We Are Your Friends - 10 + 3 + 0.5 = 13.5
Spice Of Life - 11 + 1.5 + 0 = 12.5

Just goes to show how presentation and extras add up in this bracket. I was very torn between Wow and Can U Feel It since I thought Wow was the better chart, but had to give spot #3 to Can U Feel It because of all the hard work put into it, plus a good readme.
Posting Member

by creativename » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:16 pm

Here’s my review of the heavy charts and presentation. I’m may add additional comments/observations as they popped into my head while playin the song, but they didn’t impact the step score. Basically, I thought all the files were fine, but I wanted to rank them somehow relative to each other as how I enjoyed them. Also, this bracket seemed really strong. Or maybe I am just getting sick of judging songs. Maybe a little bit from column A and a little bit from column B. Tho’ If there is a wild card in the competition, it should probably come from here.
I may have used freeze when I meant pause and vice versa. I think I caught them all. O.o?
I’m new at this, so I can’t be as articulate as everyone else.

Can U Feel It - John Robinson [8.7/10]
Solid steps that go with the song. Seems like a 7 to me.
Presentation 3.5/5

Fat Lip - Sum41 [7/10]
Good song cut. Not a fan of the speed changes. In the first refrain, the snare fell on a different notes a little to close together for my taste
Presentation 3/5

fugue - DR1010 [8.5/10]
Interesting song choice. I liked it. I felt that some of the freeze arrows could have been regular arrows, namely some of the quicker ones. Seems like it’s less than a 9 to me
Presentation 4/5

In The Army Now - Status Quo [8/10]
I wasn’t a fan of the pause, but I didn’t really hate it either. It didn’t seem very dance-y, but I guess stompy works. Not sure if those last steps were necessary. The song is kinda quiet by then.
Presentation 3.5/5

LIAR GAME - Nakata Yasutaka [8.2/10]
I totally black flagged this one. What were the double steps in the beginning following? Or did you just want double steps?
Presentation 3.5/5

Make Me Your Own - good-cool feat. Raj Ramayya [8/10]
I didn’t really enjoy this one. I was expecting something easier, like other good-cool DDR songs. Seems like an ITG chart. I miss playing Make Your Move
Presentation 3.5/5

Mario Paint (Intense Color Remix) - Sephfire & Super Green X [7/10]
I was not a fan of the speed changes. It’s a pretty long cut, too. Also, why does the stage take so long to end when it’s over? That long freeze at the end + speed up seems kinda gimmicky.
Presentation 2.8/5

Satellites – September [8.5/10]
I wasn’t a fan of the speed changes. Seems like it can stay the same. 7 footers aren’t really boss songs
Presentation 5/5

Second Heaven - Ryu* [9/10]
I enjoyed this chart. Seems like it may be a 9 footer
Presentation 5/5

Someday, Somewhere – BoA [8/10]
Steps following the lyrics or bg. Seems that the theme of the chart is freeze arrows. I said this on other reviews, why do some freeze arrows go beyond the next note and others end before and others end with it? I couldn’t see a pattern
Presentation 3.5/5

Something Good '08 - Utah Saints [9/10]
I enjoyed playing this song and everything seemed to follow something. Not so sure about the first transition. Good variety of steps
Presentation 3.8/5 no background?

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW (Overhead Champion Remix) - F 50's [10/10
Of course by doing this song, its going to draw comparisons to the chart in MAX2. Luckily for you, I hate that chart and song. This is way better, and I wouldn’t mind playing it :) Take all my points, please!
Presentation 5/5 yep

Soul on Fire - L.E.D.-G vs GUHROOVY fw NO+CHIN [9/10]
Sounds kinda weird, but I could see the steps on DDR.
Presentation 4.2/5

Spice of Life – BECK [8.4/10]
Typhoon 24… :) I was totally pumped to play this track. I liked the pause, but not the speed changes. Speed sounds the same to me throughout, at some parts. Also, it looks like there were some speed changes for the sole purpose to synch up the song?
Presentation 4/5 The artists name was Beck in the anime :) Maybe Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad? Wasn’t a big deal for me.

Superstar – Rollergirl [9.1/10]
Now that’s a chart everyone can enjoy. I think you created that classic DDR chart you set out to do.
Presentation 4.5/5

Twister (Gang Mix) – SAWA [9.1/10]
Well put together. Steps + presentation
Presentation 4.8/5

Watch Us Work It – Devo [9.999/10]
Great stuff! Needs more cowbell!!
Presentation 5/5

We Are Your Friends (Edison Radio Mix) - Justice vs. Simian [7.5/10]
I liked the stutter effect much. Not so much on the slow down. Some of the chaos I didn’t agree with. Also, it didn’t seem consistent with the clapping. Like you were following the claps and then not but then kinda sorta but with streams.
Presentation 4/5

WOW - KYLIE MINOGUE [8/10]
What’s with the long freeze? Also, there was a few silent spots I thought needed arrows
Presentation 4/5

You Can - Kate Project [8.8/10]
Why end on a freeze? The steps seemed repetitive when it comes to those short, 5-step runs
Presentation 3.9/5

SUMMARY
SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW (Overhead Champion Remix) - F 50's [25/25]
Watch Us Work It – Devo [24.998/25]
Second Heaven - Ryu* [24/25]
Twister (Gang Mix) – SAWA [23/25]
Superstar – Rollergirl [22.7/25]
Soul on Fire - L.E.D.-G vs GUHROOVY fw NO+CHIN [22.2/25]
Satellites – September [22/25]
Something Good '08 - Utah Saints [21.8/25]
You Can - Kate Project [21.5/25]
fugue - DR1010 [21/25]
Can U Feel It - John Robinson [20.9/25]
Spice of Life – BECK [20.8/25]
WOW - KYLIE MINOGUE [20/25]
LIAR GAME - Nakata Yasutaka [19.9/25]
In The Army Now - Status Quo [19.5/25]
Make Me Your Own - good-cool feat. Raj Ramayya [19.5/25]
Someday, Somewhere – BoA [19.5/25]
We Are Your Friends (Edison Radio Mix) - Justice vs. Simian [19/25]
Fat Lip - Sum41 [17/25]
Mario Paint (Intense Color Remix) - Sephfire & Super Green X [16.8/25]

No flames plz :-*
Posting Member

by LK4D4 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:21 pm

Can U Feel It
L(3); 5/5; I enjoyed everything you did on this chart.
S(6); 5/5; Excellent chart. It had great rhythm in your steps and movement.
H(8); 9/10; Like an very easy 8. Pretty good.
Presentation; 3.5/5; Lyrics! Banner is nice, bg too.
Tilt; 0.75/3; Beginner, Challenge.
Score; 19.75

FAT LIP
L(5); 3/5; Pretty good, until the end with those triple jumps and jumps in your 3-step streams.
S(6); 4/5; It's those jumps again. Otherwise very nicely done. I did have a slight problem after the speed-up during the triples where not all matched the same movements.
H(8); 9/10; Very nice. Okay, now I forgot the chart cause I was checking some stuff online. But yeah, nice chart.
Presentation; 2.5/5; Very nice banner. BG is okay (very college material).
Tilt; 1.25/3; Beginner, Doubles (Standard is pretty fun. Heavy is damn fun, but probably an 8?).
Score; 19.75

Fugue
L(4); 4.5/5; Very nice 4-footer. Could have used an 8th note or 2 to make it a little better. Good use of Doublesteps.
S(6); 5/5; Very nice chart. Doublestepping was actually very good and decent in this; recovery was easy to make.
H(9); 9/10; More like a hard 8- or easy 9-footer. Very nice chart and movements.
Presentation; 2.5/5; Okay banner, okay BG.
Tilt; 0.25/3; Beginner.
Score; 21.25

In The Army Now
L(2); 5/5; "Why oh why am I doing a stupid 2-footer?" -.- *sighs*
S(5); 3.5/5; It was good, but movement wise you should have tested more. I did not like the style of movement very much in this. The Light chart is still very good in my opinion.
H(7); 6/10; Ending couple arrows not really needed. Rhythm and movement need some improvement. And again... the Light chart is still a favorite. :D
Presentation; 2/5; Banner is good, and BG is the same. I know it's a lot better looking at this graphic than actual people. But the artist seems more profound than the actual song title.
Tilt; 0/3;
Score; 16.5

Liar Game
L(4); 4/5; Fun, but could use more arrows at the end (and maybe the middle?), and a couple parts seem just okay. Kinda a hard 4-footer?
S(6); 4.5/5; Very good movement, but needs more arrows at the very end and middle (in my opinion), otherwise it's a very nice chart.
H(7); 8.5/10; Much better ending and middle (only a little akward). Those jacks were kinda silly, but somehow appropriate. Rhythm and movement was nice.
Presentation; 3.5/5; Banner is good, BG video is nice, but only so much?! I miss watching tv. ;.; Very loud bass.
Tilt; 1.75/3; Beginner, Challenge, Doubles (7-footer is okay in some parts (all middle "marching" was not interesting for me), but seems like a 6? Nice 8-footer though).
Note; I really really enjoyed the Challenge, even though this is a DDR TOURNAMENT!!! But hey, if you can get away with it whatever. It reminded me of "Starstruck" (in bracket 2) with the hands too. Felt like a 9? Nice job bending the rules (bastard). ;P
Score; 23.75

Make Me Your Own
L(4); 5/5; Very nice chart. Felt good through most of the chart.
S(6); 2.5/5; Not really impressed with the rhythm in this difficulty. I can't really go into detail, but I know it just didn't have that umph. Probably because of the Doublesteps.
H(9); 7.5/10; Same here. Those Doublesteps did not do well for you. Fairly odd patterns that go only partially with the music/lyrics. But still a good sim.
Presentation; 3.5/5; Banner is a bit difficult to read (it's the font). BG is a video and good quality.
Tilt; 0/3;
Note; LOL... I said "I miss watching tv" in the last song, well I got it; as a cute dancing girl. lol!
Score; 18.5

Mario Paint IC Remix
L(4); 4/5; Good stepchart, but lacks only in the (and this is where I forget what went wrong). -.- -doh
S(7); 4/5; Good, but still lacked a bit. I would have prefered more steps that revolved around the main beat/rhythm.
H(9); 8.5/10; Good, but still the rhythm thing. Otherwise it's a very nice chart.
Presentation; 2/5; You start too early... BAD BOY! You don't really need that ending BPM change AT ALL! It also just keeps going in the song. Banner and BG look cheesy.
Tilt; 1.5/3; Challenge (looks fun if you're into 11-footers), Doubles (but only 2 and both are 10's. Heavy is okay. More like a 9 or hard 8. Did not play the Oni.)
Score; 20

SATELLITES
L(3); 5/5; Awesome stepchart. Everything seemed perfect. Jumps were also well placed.
S(5); 4/5; I think it needed more jumps to compliment the song, a little better movement during the holds, and a little better rhythm.
H(7); 8.5/10; Movement was fine, but those holds really are not necessary. Rhythm seemed okay. Maybe a couple more arrows during the slow part?
Presentation; 3/5; Very nice banner and BG.
Tilt; 0.25/3; Beginner.
Score; 20.75

Second Heaven
L(4); 3.5/5; It was okay. Not really a 4-footer in my opinion, more like a 3, and movement/rhythm was a little weak.
S(6); 4.5/5; Nice movement, fairly good rhythm, but almost to perfection. I especially enjoyed the beginning. I am thinking you should have used holds during a couple of those jumps after a tap step. More jumps also needed?
H(8); 9.5/10; Damn fun. Double Jumps seemed nice regardless of being during a stream. Nice job.
Presentation; 4/5; I was happy to see a video, but the Banner is slightly fuzzy. But you did a nice job on the look of said Banner.
Tilt; 0/3;
Score; 21.5

Someday, Somewhere
L(4); 1/5; I don't want to say it's bad steps, but you started too early (as in beat 0 is the starting arrow). Movement was okay, but still sucked in terms of Rhythm. You only get 1 point for doing an okay job. Now I fear the rest of your difficulties.
S(6); 2/5; Oh the humanity! But much better. Still not good enough. I had the feeling you were going to stay with Vocals the whole time, but did not (thankfully). Movement and Rhythm were okay, but still lacking in areas.
H(7); 6.5/10; Movement was pretty good, but you still need to work on that Rhythm. Try to follow trough during your streams using the same style as the previous, in both movement and also rhythm. Ending 16th notes did not make much sense to me. You're getting better.
Presentation; 2.5/5; You have some major sync issues. For starters you should try to keep the main beat as 4th Notes! Banner is good (kinda plain), BG is cute and .
Tilt; 0.75/3; Beginner, Challenge. I did not try the Challenge because after the previous 3 I did not want a repeat performance. I just give you credit for doing them.
Score; 12.75

Something Good '08
L(3); 3.5/5; Steps were personally iffy. It seemed mostly random placements and movement were made, but it still provided a good time. You should move the corner jumps to something more suitable for a 3-footer, like say only the LR or UD position, or make them follow the ending pattern from the previous steps (L,R,U,RU,L,R,D,RD)
S(5); 5/5; Awesome chart. Rhythm was very well made and repeated, and Movement had great feel.
H(7); 9.5/10; You did a fine piece of work on this level. Great job. My only concern is that it should be an 8-footer. Could have used some crossovers, too.
Presentation; 3.5/5; Very nice Banner, Video is choppy (or was that my computer? [I don't think so cause it happened on all difficulties]).
Tilt; 0.25/3; Beginner.
Score; 21.75

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW...
L(3); 5/5; Kinda boring (especially at the end), but what do you expect out of a 3-footer? But seriously, Everything about this was quite perfect. Great Rhythm, great Movement, Jumps, Holds, all were excellently placed.
S(6); 5/5; I cannot believe how great that felt. I only wish you had some 5-step rhyyhms going on near the beginning.
H(9); 9.75/10; Mighty fine chart you have here.
Presentation; 5/5; Banner was really nice, Video(s) were a good addition, and the BG was nice. Those stops were an awesome add-on, and fit nicely with the song without interfering with the beat.
Tilt; 0.25/3; Beginner.
Score; 25!

Soul On Fire
L(3); 5/5; Nice. And I am starting to hate testing levels less than 4 by now. -.- *sigh*
S(5); 5/5; WOOOOO! That was enjoyable. Great movement and rhythm. You made this a very nice level to play.
H(8); 9.75/10; Damn fine work. I wish you had more arrows, but everything seems quite perfect. Nice crossovers and other challenging step patterns.
Presentation; 3.5/5; Nice Banner (a little too red?), BG is the same but it's presentable to say "I'm a fast-beat song". Would have enjoyed a lyrics chart.
Tilt; 0.5/3; Beginner. Nice Readme, by the way.
Score; 23.75

Spice of Life
L(4); 2.5/5; Kinda good, but not that good. You should try to stay on mostly 4th notes next time.
S(7); 6/5; Good, but that pause sucked, the arrows were going too fast, and those jacks were not necessary (for that speed). It should be an 8-footer. I think you just put too much into the level.
H(9); 3/10; Rhythm is just barely okay, but you have DS that made me hate you. Of course your BPM changes also pissed me off. More like a 10-footer.
Presentation; 2/5; Banner is bleh~, BG is bleh~, and Lyrics are not present (which I wish more people would do). Your changes in BPM are not worthy.
Tilt; 0/3; Thankfully you only did the 3 difficulties required.
Score; 13

Superstar
L(3); 5/5; Nice movement and Rhythm. Very enjoyable with the jump placements, too. Not that I'll play it more, but I really liked it.
S(5); 5/5; You have perfection so far. Completely awesome and right-on with the difficulty level. You definitely know what you're doing.
H(7); 9.5/10; Completely awesome. Couldn't use that many more steps nor additions, but perhaps some changes in only 2 spots cause I had to DS through them. Otherwise it's perfect.
Presentation; 3.5/5; Lyrics! Banner is good, BG is also nice.
Tilt; 1/3; Challenge (Very nice, I was expecting more than mostly stream and crossovers. A couple good moves.), Doubles (but only 1 chart, yet it's an excellent chart.)
Score; 24

Twister
L(3); 4.5/5; Nice chart, but I took off .5 for that forced-crossover during the holds. Save CO's for the 6-footers.
S(5); 2.5/5; Your use of CO's was too much for a normal 5-footer to handle (not that I had one on hand, persay). Really Good Rhythm, but you failed in the Movement category when you had CO's and DS maneuvers given. Probably a 6-footer.
H(8); 7.5/10; It was okay. Your use of DS did not impress me much. Perhaps if it didn't have a hold prior I would feel better, but the majority of the song had good movement, only Rhytm got in the way.
Presentation; 3.5/5; Louder next time? I really enjoyed the really nice quality changing Background. Banner was meh~.
Tilt; 0.75/3; Beginner, Challenge (I skipped this so I could get the judging done faster).
Score; 18.75

Watch Us Work It
L(3); 5/5; That was so damn fun (for a 3-footer). Don't know if the holds are that necessary when only a beat or less long. Rhythm and movement were very well done.
S(6); 4/5; Some of the DS got in the way of pleasure. Otherwise a very nice step chart.
H(8); 9.5/10; Completetly awesome! I did not like that single DS during a stream around 15 seconds from the end. All DS, CO's, Movement, Rhythm was nearly flawless. Nice Job!
Presentation; 4.5/5; Banner is very nice. Video BG's were an awesome touch. Timing was ever so slightly off (like .1-.2 seconds). CowBell and Fireworks were great to see.
Tilt; 0.75/3; Beginner, Challenge (again, skipped to get judging done faster). Would have liked a Doubles chart to boost your score up another point.
Score; 23.75

We Are Your Friends
L(3); 4.5/5; I thought it was very good. Not exactly ~on~ beat in some parts (cause there was no beat to go with), but nonetheless you did a fine job. I would change the part where you have the right-hold and do an RDR with your left foot into a 3-tap arrow of the same spot.
S(6); 3.75/5; So-so chart. Not a big fan of the jumps, and you didn't have much rhythm in that area. All else prior to the middle was very good.
H(8); 3/10; ewww. Too many jumps and double-jumps between streams. Rhythm was pretty bad, and several bad movements. I was really hoping for a good show but this just disappointed me.
Presentation; 2.5/5; Good Banner, okay BG. That is all to report.
Tilt; 0/3;
Score; 13.75

WOW
L(2); 3/5; "Thankfully this is the last song I am playing". That first jump does not seem to match with anything, and your movement is lacking. Gotta remember that 2-footers keep their feet in the center, but you had arrows like they were walking (3-footers do walking). Still good.
S(5); 2.5/5; Those Crossovers were not necessary, Rhythm was slightly inconsistent in the first half (Cut back to only 4th and 8th Notes for 5-footers), and movement was okay (until you did those 8th Note Crossovers).
H(7); 7/10; Kinda disappointing. Stay with notes below 16ths next time, don't do those complicated CO's, and test your sims more. I enjoyed the gallops.
Presentation; 3.5/5; Video was an awesome addition after the BG (on-sync, too). Banner is pretty good.
Tilt; 1.25/3; Beginner, Doubles (Damn fine 7-footer. Probably a 6?).
Score; 17.25

You Can
L(3); 4/5; Some of the jumps near the middle were not impressive for a 3-footer. Good rhythm and good movement.
S(5); 3/5; "hmmm... Groove Radar shows it's nearly the same as Light." Jumps were not good for it messed with the rhythm when you started doing them one after the other, then went solely to tap steps. Everything else seemed ~okay~. Lots of LR ratio for patterns.
H(9); 8/10; Pretty good sim. The gallops fit nicely. Although I would say it's an 8-footer. Some DS got in the way of pleasure (don't think that way, pervert), and it's a nice straight-forward chart.
Presentation; 2.5/5; Okay Banner, BG was "huh?", and that's it.
Tilt; 0.25/3; Beginner.
Score; 17.75

*Scores Rundown in order from Highest then Alphabetical Order*
SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW: 25
Superstar: 24
Liar Game: 23.75
Soul On Fire: 23.75
Watch Us Work It: 23.75
Something Good '08: 21.75
Second Heaven: 21.5
Fugue: 21.25
SATELLITES: 20.75