BRACKET 2 - Public Review

First time there's been a tie for first; and it's a three-way. :o

Moderator: MODS

BRACKET 2 - Public Review

by BLueSS » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:48 pm

Rules for Public Reviews:

-Judge all of the files in the bracket.
-If your song is in the pack judging, make up a fake score and treat it like it was any other file. When compiling the score's I'll take it out secretly.

-If you review all the charts (and use the official judging format of Light: /5, Standard: /5, Heavy: /10; and you do a VERY good job, I reserve the right to bump your review into an official judging slot!
Note: This is not guaranteed to get you in, and if this is your first time here, I'm not going to bump your review either.

Scorechart: (This is practically the same as the judges have)
/20 - Chart(s) (If you're new, judging just the heavy chart is allowed)
/5 - Presentation (Remember, this is not "graphics", this is the overall presentation of the file (including work put into extras, if the graphics happen to be sub-par.)
+3 - Tilt: Used for any reason, like extra charts or similar (This can only fill in points that the entrant missed in other areas!)

Total of /25 Possible Points

The public review scores will be averaged together and will count as an additional judge's scores.

DO NOT DISCUSS PUBLIC REVIEWS IN THIS THREAD! THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR REVIEWING!
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Krazy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:10 pm

I can't believe I'm actually doing reviews...

I think I may tend to be harsh about stupid things like the banner text not matching the song wheel but oh well. To me, it's the little things that make a file professional.

I'll mention if I think something is misrated, but I won't take points off for it unless it's way off because it's just an artificial estimation of a songs difficulty, and everyone finds different things difficult.

Most extra things I gave up to half a point for tilt depending how good they were. Things like video, animated banner, extra charts, etc. Lyrics got .25 unless it was only 1 line or something, then it was less. CD Titles get .05 points, doubles charts get .25 points each if they exist, I don't play doubles so I can't judge them at all.

ay carumba!!!! beatmaniaIIDX 13th Style - DistorteD

Light: 4.25/5
Pretty good chart, I wouldn't have used any gallops but that's just me. Seems like you thought about the patterns pretty well, but there were a few parts during the giant buildup in the middle that I didn't agree with, mostly because the music is fading out yet the arrows seem to keep getting more intense. Solid chart.

Standard: 3.75/5
This seemed a lot less thought out than your light chart. A lot of parts didn't agree with, the chart felt pretty bland as a whole. You probably could have been more creative, it seemed to me like the entire chart was just quarter notes with a few gallops thrown in at points. I can't think of much else to say because the chart didn't do much, some of your crossovers seemed a little bit random.

Heavy: 6.75/10
I liked the jump section at the end. Most of the crossovers weren't bad but a few felt weird. To me, this felt more like a IIDX chart than a DDR chart. I didn't like the quick jackhammers at all, when you used them the music didn't seem to be doing anything different than when you just had a normal gallop so I have no idea why you used them. I kind of felt the 24ths were a bit unnecessary as well. There were a couple of spots where I really felt you should have had freezes but didn't but that's not a big deal.

Presentation: 3/5
Banner and background were both a bit too empty I felt, and slightly grainy. Artist text was weird. Subtitle is unneeded, it's not part of the actual name of the song, and you didn't include it in the banner or background. Sync was fine, sample start seemed a little weird to me but I get what you were going for. I will admit this is a really really hard song to make a good chart for. You should have cut this, you definitely could have removed some of the quiet section or something to make it more DDR length, it felt too long.

Tilt: +1.0
//3 double charts: +0.75
//Beginner chart, this had a lot of things I really don't like to see in beginner: +0.2
//CD Title: +0.05

TOTAL: 18.75/25

Bomb a Head! V

Light: 3.75/5
There's not really anything in specific I can pick out that's wrong with this but it felt kind of plain. Pretty average I guess, I don't have any strong feelings either way. Patterns were average, freeze usage was average. Probably somewhat because of the song choice.

Standard: 4.5/5
Liked this a bit, I liked how there seemed to be a recurring theme throughout the steps. Patterns were good, only thing I maybe don't agree with is a few of the rhythms but that's kind of ambiguous. Well thought out.

Heavy: 7.25/10
Too karaoke-ish, especially for some of the 16th notes, I really didn't feel like it fit with the rest of the song. You didn't have to follow the lyrics. It made the chart slightly more interesting but the stream parts were a lot funner I think. Jackhammers were used well except for the one part with like 7 in a row. Pretty good but I don't feel like the song is 9-footer material, so your steps kind of feel forced.

Presentation: 3.25/5
Banner is a bit wonky, and I think it looks like there should be a – between A and T in the artist name on the song wheel. The background, though it's a little plain. Sync is noticeably off (my biggest issue with this file probably). Sample start is extremely long but in a good place. I really really hate this song but that doesn't matter. Cut and length is fine I guess, it's short but it doesn't feel too short. **I somehow got 1 perfect and 1 great on your beginner chart, which doesn't make a lot of sense, so I'm confident this is off sync.

Tilt: +1.2
//Video: +0.5
//Lyrics: +0.25
//Beginner steps, these are fine I guess but there was a really really big gap where I felt there shouldn't have been, even for beginner: +0.4

TOTAL: 19.95/25

Broadbanded

Light: 1.5/5
Going to be honest here: this is probably the worst light chart I'd played so far in this contest. Arrow placement seems 100% random like you put no thought into where they should go, you start on the second upbeat instead of the first, which didn't make any sense at all even following the beaps in the background which didn't make a lot of sense to begin with. I seriously doubt you spent more than 15 minutes on this chart, I think even MAX is better than this. Sorry if this seems rude or too harsh but this chart was just that bad in my opinion. There was absolutely no creativity whatsoever, you followed the upbeat for about 90% of the song with random arrows. This could have been good with creative use of freezes and jumps.

Standard: 1/5
Everything I said about the light chart applies here. I don't know if you possible could have gotten more uncreative with this. This time, you start on the right upbeat at the beginning, but for some reason after the freeze you don't. The first half of this was basically the light chart with jumps, and the second half was basically the heavy chart. Arrow placement still seemed completely random, like I said, creative use of freezes and air could actually make an offbeat chart like this work but you had no creativity whatsoever.

Heavy: 2.5/10
Oh dear. I don't really want to review this because I feel like I'll be too mean but I basically have the same opinions about the light and standard. I guess at least the 16th part may have spiced things up a bit but it wasn't thought out at all and still felt like the arrow placement was random. You should never have stream that lasts 90% of the song, especially when you are repeating random patterns over and over. Your couple freezes seemed way too short to me, and placed somewhat arbitrarily.

Presentation: 2/5
Banner and background I both don't really like but they're not the worst ones I've seen so far. Sync was fine I think, your sample start may have been slightly off from what you were aiming for. You should have cut this, it was too long and the song is really really repetitive to begin with. There bunch of hidden files in the song folder that serve no purpose and you probably didn't even know were there (not grading you down for that, just sayin). No readme?

Tilt: +0.05
//Challenge steps, I looked at the groove radar and thought about your other steps and I knew exactly what this was going to be. Hey, it's exactly like the IIDX chart!: +0.05

TOTAL: 7.05/25

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Light: 4/5
Not bad really, it was enjoyable. Somewhat generic, though I liked the sections with the jump-step-jump. I guess you maybe could have been slightly more creative at some parts. but it was good.

I liked the offbeat part in the middle. I think jacks were used well except maybe at a couple parts. I Still like that jump-step part accenting the cymbal hits. Good chart, it seemed like it would actually be pretty fun on a pad for a standard chart.

Heavy: 8/10
I really liked your use of 16ths except during the guitar solo. Yet again a solid chart, I don't really have a whole lot to complain about. I really liked the use of freezes here. My one complaint is that it's not really memorable at all, and will probably get lost in a sea of other above average files. In other words, it doesn't do a whole lot to stand out in my opinion. I mean, it's good that you didn't use any cheap gimmicks to get people to notice it but it still felt slightly plain.

Presentation: 2.5/5
Banner and background are not horrible but not great either, the text didn't fit in too well and there was a little jpeg artifacting. This is way off sync (as you said it would be in the readme). I don't really know how to handle it because you say it's due to Vista but I still think it's off a significant enough amount to get some kind of deduction. For the sample start, I'm not sure if you wanted the little pickup before the lyrics but I think it worked fine. Sound quality seemed a bit low and maybe slightly too quiet. I guess it was a decent length but it really really felt like it started to drag at the end for some reason, you maybe could have shortened the ending? I know I'm complaining a lot here, it wasn't really that bad though, but a lot of little things add up. Was this made by Eggman?

Tilt: +1.75
//3 doubles charts: +0.75
//Beginner chart, this was pretty much fine I think: +0.5

TOTAL: 20.75/25

Flashing Lights

Light: 3.5/5
I didn't really like this very much, the steps felt really random at a lot of points. The rhythms themselves seemed okay I guess, but the arrows didn't really seem to follow any kind of pattern and the whole thing seemed a little disorganized. It was pretty bland overall. I don't think jumps were justified at a lot of the parts that you used them, especially in the beginning.

Standard: 3.25/5
Oh boy karaoke syndrome. That's about all I can think about this, I don't think it really worked at all. Not very original, but I did like some of the freezes. I don't have much else to say I guess, it was really plain and I don't think you should have followed the vocals except for maybe the “lights lights lights...” part. Following the synth in the background in the way that you did seemed a little weird to me to but it actually worked out fine.

Heavy: 4.5/10
You should probably never follow rapping lyrics so closely in the way that you did. Never. Are you sure that Kanye's rapping is so straight that he is all 16th notes at times? Are you sure that the teal arrows were placed exactly when he was rapping? You also had karaoke syndrome following the synth exactly, and I feel like the jacks at the end during the synth were really unnecessary, seeing as nothing different was happening with the song compared to the other synth parts to justify jackhammers.

Presentation: 3.5/5
Banner is a little boring, the artist and title is capitalized but isn't on the song wheel, same with the background. Background looks fine maybe a little plain and disorganized. Sync was fine, sample start was fine. Cut was extremely long, you really should have shortened it more, plus that may have made your light chart seem less boring.

Tilt: +0.6
//3 pump single charts, 1 pump double charts, I really don't know if I should give you credit since this is a DDR tourney but I guess it was a nice thought: +0.4
//Challenge chart, this was worse than your heavy chart and I absolutely never want to play it on a pad: +0.2

TOTAL: 15.35/25

GIRLFRIEND (Speedy Mix)

Light: 4.5/5
Quite good, I felt like I'd be facing left too often but that might be because a majority of this is direction-neutral (either way works). I didn't really like the quiet part in the first half, the second arrow on each panel felt a little off, maybe you could have used some freezes here or something? Also I would have accented the “heys” at the end with a jump or something and just left beats 1 and 3 blank or something, it felt sort of weird having an arrow on the weaker beats. This are just nitpicky though, this was pretty good.

Standard: 4.25/5
This was pretty much perfect, yeah the freezes definitely worked a lot better at that quiet part. **Okay I was going to give you a 5 here but it turns out for a whole lot of this chart it's just the heavy chart with a few arrows removed. I really would have preferred a more unique chart.

Heavy: 8.75/10
Probably really fun on a pad. It worked well, sort of got a little bit boring towards the end though. Jacks felt a little weird but I guess they were good to switch things up a bit. The patterns seemed quite well thought out.

Presentation: 4.75/5
Background and banner are both beautiful, sync is fine, sample start is fine, volume of this seems a tiny bit high though. Cut was good. God damn you for making me almost like this song. No readme?

Tilt: +1.05
//Beginner chart, fine, though noticeably similar to light: +0.5

TOTAL: 23.3/25

Maneater

Very good, I would have ended the chart one note sooner. Beginning seemed a bit empty because you were following just the lyrics and nothing else it seemed like. Not really karaoke syndrome but I felt the gaps were maybe a little large. Nice patterns, it felt like there was a theme throughout this chart. The freezes you used worked really really well.

Standard: 4.9/5
Almost perfect. One thing bothered me: the jumps at the end felt like they should have been on the snare hits, not off of the snare hits. That's about it, this was very very good. Keep it up.

Heavy: 9.25/10
The second half of this was pretty much perfect I feel like. Double stepping was done amazingly well. Only thing I didn't like was at the beginning, you didn't really follow the lyrics exactly, but I don't like how you had big gaps in the arrows just because the lyrics paused for a second. Still, that's the only thing I can really pick out, this was very good.

Presentation: 4.5/5
Banner is fine, background is fine but maybe a little plain and I don't like the artist text (should have just used the same as the banner, if anything), sync is fine, sample start is fine, cut is fine. Cut is fine.

Tilt: +0.5
//Beginner chart, good just like all your other charts: +0.5

TOTAL: 23.65/25
(a lot higher than I thought this would get, but it really is high quality)

Mother Nature

This was good, a bit plain, maybe not thought out quite as well as I'd like, but good. I think maybe your freezes during the slow section could have been half a beat shorter, but that's not really a big deal at all. I can't think of a lot of things to say, just work on thinking out your patterns more, the rhythms were fine, jump placement seemed decent. I probably liked the beginning the most.

Good. Only thing I didn't like was the first slow section. Patterns seemed quite a bit more thought out than light, which was good. I think the length of the song might be hurting your scores just because your steps are becoming repetitive due to length of the song.

Heavy: 7.5/10
I'm guessing you make keyboard files often. After playing all 3 of your charts it just feels that way, it seems like you're following the most obvious things most of the time as opposed to being a little inventive. This was good though. I didn't like the step-jump part in the beginning. Felt like a really easy keyboard file or ITG file. Kind of felt like the standard chart with more notes at times.

Banner is a little ugly, background has horrible jpeg artifacting, and this song is way too loud. Sync is fine, sample start is fine, cut is really long, and I feel like that hurt your steps because they got a little repetitive.

Tilt: +1.25
//Beginner chart, fine: +0.5

TOTAL: 18.75/25

Mutiny

Yeah I don't know about those green notes, I think it should just be the red note and then 12th note. I don't know why a lot of the jumps were there, a lot of them seemed unneeded and kind of out of place. This kind of seemed random in general, like you just put an arrow down for every quarter note. With freezes at parts where it might make sense.

Standard: 3/5
All of your blue notes should be 12th notes, this song is entirely swung. Basically, everywhere you used a blue note is off. A lot of this just felt like the light chart with a few more arrows, or rearranged arrows. Didn't really like it at all.

So did 2 different people make this? You actually have the right rhythms here though I still don't know about the green arrow part. It seems fun though, and the patterns are actually really well thought out.

For the banner, the artist name is kind of unreadable, and it looks really pixelated. Background is kind of plain, not as bad as your banner I guess. Sync is fine, cut was a little long, I feel like it should have been slightly shorter. I Don't really like your sample start, I think you should have just started at the chorus, and even where you started it sounds like it's in the middle of a phrase.

Tilt: +0.7
//Nice skull animation: +0.2

TOTAL: 18.2/25

Professional Party People

This was probably a pretty hard chart to make because of the nature of the song. I liked the second half more than the first half, but nothing was really bad about it. Kind of bland, but I don't know if there's much you could have done about it without turning it into like a 6. I feel like I'd be facing left quite a bit more often than right while playing this.

It was okay. Interesting use of freezes. Good patterns. Kind of plain. Some jumps were good, a few I didn't feel like they made a lot of sense. Solid chart though.

Heavy: 8.25/10
This was probably tough to make, you followed the synth a lot, probably because there wasn't much else to follow. This wasn't really bad at all, but I maybe would have not followed the synth so closely at times, and tried to have a little more stream. I do enjoy this for it's complexity though, it reminds me of Xenon a lot. Definitely a solid chart, though the song didn't really leave you a whole lot of options for steps.

Presentation: 4/5
Everything in the banner is capitalized and the song wheel doesn't reflect this. Same with the background. Both look good though. You have a fadeout at the end of the song that just kind of cuts off without fully fading out. Cut is maybe a little long, but it doesn't really fell so long because there's a lot of buildup in the song. Sync is fine, sanple start is fine, this is maybe slightly, SLIGHTLY too loud. I think I know who made this. I really hate Basshunter but that's irrelevant.

Tilt: +1.75
//Nice extra graphics: +0.2

TOTAL: 22.5/25

Remedy Lane

Light: 2.5/5
This was a mess, really. I saw no patter, it seems like for a large part of it you just put down quarter notes without really thinking where they should go. Because of this there was a lot of double stepping at random points, not that it was too hard, but it didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Standard: 2.5/5
Pretty much exactly like your light chart, but with more arrows. It still didn't seem like you really thought about where you were putting them. I'm pretty sure the majority of this is spent facing right. Some of your freezes were probably to short to actually matter. I didn't really check at all but I don't think you needed to use yellow arrows when you did.

Heavy: 4/10
Go read what I said about Broadbanded. This is slightly better though, you at least tried to make it interesting at some parts. A lot of your freezes were either too short to actually do anything (it would be impossible to not OK them), or they last to long (overlapping the next jump), or a combination of both (which is almost oxymoronic).

Presentation: 1/5
This song is way, WAY too long and boring and repetitive to work at all. This type of song is never something I would want to play on DDR, and your steps kind of reflect this because they are repetitive and boring to match the song. This song literally could put me to sleep. I can't tell if it's in sync perfectly, because the song is so ambient that it's hard to follow the beat. Your banner is too plain but not really ugly, “Of” is capitalized on song wheel, not in banner. Your background is really ugly and dark and the text is really hard to read. Your sample start seems completely random to me, although that just might be the song. No readme?

Tilt: +0.5
//Challenge steps, I have no idea how you fit so many arrows into such a mellow song, but it somewhat makes sense: +0.25
//Beginner steps, pretty much just as bad as your light chart: +0.25

TOTAL: 10.5/25

リゾナント ブルー

Light: 5/5
What can I say, this is quite honestly perfect.

I didn't feel like this was quite as organized as your light chart, but it was still really good. Some of the big gaps bothered me, while others worked fine. This was still very good though. The steps here really seemed to drag on due to the length of the song.

Heavy: 8.5/10
I think I might say this too often but it feels like you maybe followed the lyrics a little too closely at points, to me. I liked your use of 16ths. Again, some of the gaps were good, while others felt weird. Decent patterns, but I still don't like it as much as your light chart. Still, very good.

Banner and background are fine, sync is fine, sample start is fine. This cut is really way too long, though it doesn't feel as long as it is, it is still too long. I would have cut it after the “help me, help me, help me” part or something. It's also really really loud.

Tilt: +1.7
//Animated banner: +0.5
//Beginner chart, I actually feel like this wasn't really thought out too much: +0.4

TOTAL: 23.7/25

SARA PERCHE TI AMO (DANCE REMIX)

This wasn't bad, but I didn't really feel like there was much of a theme to it. Just some kind of quarter note pattern for a couple measures, then a different one for a couple measures, etc, even when the music didn't entirely call for it. It was a little bland but it worked out well, for the most part.

This plays a lot more like a 6 than a 4. A lot of the arrows kind of felt out of place, like they weren't really following anything at all, they were just there completely separately from the music. I don't like the first jump at all, there's no hard beat there or anything, it seems like it's a split second after the music has dropped out, and it just feels wrong. I also didn't like the slow section here, especially at the end when you kind of randomly threw in arrows.

Heavy: 6.5/10
This plays a lot more like a 9 than a 7. Okay so what we have here basically seems like a bunch of random arrows that really don't seem to be following anything in the music, with a ton of step-jumping, where the jumps seem to sometimes make sense but most of the time don't, and a ton of mostly uncalled for jackhammers. This really seems like it was made in about a half hour. Still don't like the first jump at the stop, it seems completely off.

Banner and song wheel capitalization really don't match. Background and banner look fine. Sync is fine, sample is completely not what I would have picked for this song, and it kind of sounds like it starts in the middle of words. Cut is a little long but not much. No readme?

Tilt: +0
I got nothin.

TOTAL: 19.25/25

Showtime

I could almost play this entire song facing left, except for a couple of select parts. I didn't really like the freeze part in the beginning at all, especially the extremely short LR jump freezes. This wasn't terrible, but it wasn't anything special either. It could have been thought out a lot better.

Standard: 4/5
I think maybe more of this is spent facing left than right but I'm not sure. Better than your light chart, but I think maybe you followed the lyrics a little too closely at points, but it worked fairly well. A little bit bland. I have to talk about the blue notes but I'll do that later...

Heavy: 6/10
Congrats on making the only 10 in this contest. Most of your arrows are completely wrong. This song is entirely swung. It should be all 12th notes. Everything. No blue notes whatsoever. Basically what you should have is a bunch of quick gallops in a row, not straight runs. Actually I would enjoy this quite a bit more if it was like that, because then it would be pretty unique. As it is now though, it just kind of seems like any expert chart from ITG. It's not horrible, but a third of your arrows are completely off. The beginning especially, you shouldn't have those pink arrows, and the freeze run before the stop should be every other 12th note so that the last two arrows aren't crammed together. I guess it was kind of fun though.

Presentation: 0.5/5
What did you do to the banner, I don't even know how it's possible to get text that ugly. Background is extremely pixelated, and the title is kind of cut off. Sound quality is very low and has a lot of static. Stops were somewhat annoying, but I see what you were going for. Capitalization is wrong on the song wheel. Sample start is fine, sync is fine for all the red notes, and you already read about what is wrong with the blue notes. I actually agree with doubling the BPM for this, it definitely has a double time swung feel to it. Little long.

Tilt: +1.91
//Lyrics, which actually get cut off at one part and I think you could have timed them better: +0.2
//Video, this is almost as annoying as the video for breathless on IIDX: +0.5
//Alternative banner... yeah: +0.01
//Beginner chart, nope I don't like it: +0.4

TOTAL: 15.91/25

Starstruck ~"The Return of the LuvBytes"

Very good, just maybe the patterns could have been thought out slightly better and I think you forgot to put an arrow in at the part after the long LR freeze because the beat comes back and then there's an arrow a couple beats later. Good chart though.

Standard: 4.75/5
For some reason in the first offbeat part you have a red arrow in the middle of it that sounds off, and then in the second you don't and it works a lot better. For some reason it felt like I'd be facing in the same direction for longer than I thought I should be at some parts, again mostly in the offbeat section. I actually really liked that part though, it really added variety to the chart. This was overall very good.

Excellent use of jackhammers. The jumps in the offbeat parts felt a little random. I didn't like the use of 16ths in the beginning, but as the song progressed I felt like they were used better and better. A little more karaoke syndrome than I would like at some parts, there was one part in particular where it seemed extremely blatant. Biggest problem with this is the freeze stop, because right after the freeze overlaps with the next jump so it's technically you need use you hands for it. It would have been better if that jump at the stop just didn't have a freeze attached at all. Good chart otherwise though.

Banner and background are fine, sync is fine, sample start is fine, cut is a tiny bit too long, you forgot the dots after AI in the song wheel artist (minor thing). I'd say the stop was probably the most annoying thing about this file really, I really think it could have been done in a better way.

Tilt: +1
//1 doubles chart: +0.25

TOTAL: 22.75/25

Sweet Child Of Mine (Cheeky Trax Remix)

A lot of your jumps kind of seemed random, like they could have just been regular steps and it would have been fine. This chart kind of felt a bit disorganized, but there wasn't really anything wrong with it in particular that I can point out. I liked a lot of the freezes. Kind of bland, I guess.

I like all your rhythms and everything, but it feels to me like arrow placement is kind of really random and you didn't think about it much. It's a good chart, with a lot of diverse patterns, but I kind of felt like it was disorganized, and there wasn't much of a theme to it.

Heavy: 8.25/10
I basically have the same thoughts here as I did for your standard chart. I really liked the rhythms and how the chart was extremely varied, the gallops were really good, the freezes were mostly good, but I feel like there wasn't really much of a pattern to anything, and it was just a bunch of arrows in neat rhythms.

I feel like the style of the background and banner don't really match this style of music at all, the remix is really a hardstyle sort of thing and yet the background is really peaceful. They don't look bad or anything, I just feel like they are out of place. (O is capitalized in “of” on the songwheel). Sync is fine, sample start is fine, cut is fine. This song is fucking horrible, but that's irrelevant.

Tilt: +0.85
//2 lyric files, kind of silly to have Japanese lyrics for a song that's in English to begin with, but I guess you could say the same for all Japanese songs with English lyric files: +0.3
//Beginner chart, good: +0.5

TOTAL: 22.1/25

Teenage Superstar

Light: 4/5
I have no strong opinion on this either way. I didn't really like the parts that were just L and R back and forth. Patterns were decent, but not exceptional. I didn't like the rhythms you choose at some points, I felt like there should have been some arrows there that weren't, and some that were there shouldn't have been.

Standard: 4/5
I have no strong opinion on this either way. Pretty generic, some good use of jumps, though at times it felt a bit random. I wish I had more to say here, this was just a drudgingly average chart.

Heavy: 7.25/10
This reminds me a lot of Sara Perche Ti Amo. Actually they're basically the same chart, but it works a whole lot better here. I still feel like most of your jumps really didn't need to be there, and most of your freezes seemed pretty unnecessary to. Some of the jackhammers worked, but I felt like most were a bit long or unnecessary. I really didn't like the part before the long freeze before the quiet part. More of a 9 than a 7 probably.

Presentation: 4.25/5
Banner and background are both fine, I should probably mention capitalization. This is too loud, and it sounds like you sample start starts a tiny bit early from what you were probably going for. It's weird, this is only 1:33, and there's a lot of empty space, but it feels a lot longer. Sync is fine.

Tilt: +0.8
//Challenge chart, most of the 16ths seemed to go with nothing in the song, the freezes in the freeze section tried to be really annoying forced crossovers yet were almost too short to miss the OK, felt like a bad ITG chart: +0.3

TOTAL: 20.3/25

The Biggest Roaster

Okay. I didn't feel like there was much of a theme to this, it was sort of random at times, but at least it was pretty varied stepwise, which is somewhat hard to do in a light chart. I didn't really like where some of the freezes started, I felt like they could have been a beat earlier at times. Nothing really wrong with this, just not “the best”.

Your light has a higher voltage than this which is weird but whatever, this is certainly harder overall. I didn't really like the whole piano section, especially the freeze at the end of it. There was one step-jump part in the beginning I didn't like because you are led up to the jump facing one direction and then it's in the opposite direction and it felt weird. But you kind of turn in the other direction after it so it works out okay. I don't know, there was a lot of good stuff here, but a lot of it I would have done completely differently. Like the ending, I would have had the jump with a freeze on one arrow, and then a second freeze one beat later during the first so you're holding both freezes and then have both held until the end, just to match the weird sound in the background. I guess what you did works though, but like I said, not what I would have done.

Heavy: 9/10
Congrats on being the only 6 in this tournament. Great chart. I loved the spins, everything worked really well. I especially like how standard is a 5, this is a 6, and yet for the most part they are completely different.

Presentation: 4.9/5
Background and banner are fine, sync is fine, sample start is fine, cut is fine (is this even cut, I can't tell). No readme? I never really liked this song very much but it works really well for DDR.

Tilt: +0.55

TOTAL: 23.2/25

Time After Time

Not bad, I definitely liked everything before the freeze more than everything after. A little bit random, like you were thinking about only rhythm and not where the arrows should go. I didn't like how during the second half, when there were no lyrics, the arrows stopped.

I don't think the 32nds were necessary, a lot of this kind of felt like random quarter notes, I think some of the 8th notes in the end may have been off or something, because at the beginning of each segment except for one it starts on a blue arrow, but there's one that starts on a red arrow and feels off. I feel like you followed the lyrics more than you probably should have.

Heavy: 7.5/10
A lot of your jumps just felt random or just plain unneeded. I mean, I liked how you kept repeating the same 3 jumps when there's that synth thing going on in the end, but it would have worked better with 2 steps and a jump or something. A lot of the streams were fun, but they may have been a few too many crossovers or double taps for me. Pretty average chart I guess.

Banner and background are both a little plain, but not too bad. Artist isn't capitalized in the banner. Sample start seems off or something, and the song just kind of stops at the end, with no fadeout or anything. Sync is fine. No readme?

Tilt: +0
I got nothin.

TOTAL: 18.5/25

TWINKLE SNOW POWDERY SNOW

That forced crossover didn't need to be in there and is really really hard. I liked this chart a lot though. A lot of the spaces that were really empty stepwise seemed to be at the chorus, which I didn't really agree with. Still good though.

Standard: 4.75/5
Felt a lot like a DDR standard chart. That is good. Solid chart. Not perfect, but I liked it a lot. Decent use of freezes, though they maybe felt a little weird at a couple parts. I also didn't like the step-jumps very much, but I guess it made it seem more DDR like. I really liked the ending in this with the different patterns of 7 8th notes.

Heavy: 9.75/10
Truly an exceptional chart. What's keeping you from getting a perfect score here is the section with the really long freezes in the first half, I think maybe you could have done it slightly better during the freeze where the bass comes back in and stuff. This reminds me a lot of eversnow, and that is one of my favorite DDR charts so that is a very good thing.

Banner and background are both absolutely stunning. Sample start is amazing. What is with this bracket and Pop songs that are way too loud? Anyway, this is way too loud. Length is fine. Your sync is off but I like the fact that you admitted it before anyone even had a chance to play and review it. No readme?

Tilt: +0.55

TOTAL: 24.05/25
(great way to close out the second bracket)

DONE!

Final summary:

TWINKLE SNOW POWDERY SNOW 24.05
リゾナント ブルー 23.7
Maneater 23.65
GIRLFRIEND (Speedy Mix) 23.3
The Biggest Roaster 23.2
Starstruck ~"The Return of the LuvBytes" 22.75
Professional Party People 22.5
Sweet Child Of Mine (Cheeky Trax Remix) 22.1
E.G.G.M.A.N. 20.75
Teenage Superstar 20.3
Bomb a Head! V 19.95
SARA PERCHE TI AMO (DANCE REMIX) 19.25
Mother Nature 18.75
ay carumba!!!! beatmaniaIIDX 13th Style - DistorteD 18.75
Time After Time 18.5
Mutiny 18.2
Showtime 15.91
Flashing Lights 15.35
Remedy Lane 10.5
Broadbanded 7.05

Anything over 22 is what I would consider good. That's not to say anything under 22 is bad, most of the stuff here is at least average, however I feel they don't quite show the level of quality in the 22+ group.

Wow, this took 15 pages in word.
Last edited by Krazy on Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:48 am, edited 8 times in total.
Posting Member

by creativename » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:24 pm

Here’s my review of the heavy charts and presentation. I’m going to add additional comments/observations as they popped into my head while playin the song, but they didn’t impact the step score. Basically, I thought all the files were fine, but I wanted to rank them somehow relative to each other as how I enjoyed them.
I may have used freeze when I meant pause and vice versa. I think I caught them all. O.o?
I’m new at this, so I can’t be as articulate as everyone else.

ay carumba!!!! - teranoid & MC Natsack [8.5/10]
What an awful sounding song. I didn’t think that I would like it, but it was well-stepped. You admitted that is was hard to do so since the song drops out. Did you ever consider abandoning ship or was this going to be your entry no matter what?
Presentation: 3/5; I took off for the contrasting colors on the banner, and the preview I thought displayed the worst sounding part of the song :P

Bomb a Head! V - m.c.A T [7.5/10]
Good song and stepping. I had trouble telling if the chaos was following the lyrics, the music, or if it was a pattern that you made up. Or a combination of any of those.

Broadbanded – SADA [7/10]
Good build up, but I felt that more could have been done with that. Seemed plain. I enjoyed the chaos section more than the parts with the eighth notes. Yay for being the extra stage for the pack. I kinda want to play the challenge steps, but later. I’m just judging heavy :)

E.G.G.M.A.N. - Jun Senoue [9/10]
I liked the whole package. I thought there may have been a weird note in there, but I can’t find it. Maybe it was my SM skipping.
Presentation: 5/5 Yay random video compilation!

Flashing Lights - Kanye West [6/10]
I was looking forward to this one, but no matter how many times I play it. It seems off. The steps that is. I believe I looked into when Kanye starts talking first.
Presentation: 5/5 I liked the art. I am going to nominate it for a medal :)

GIRLFRIEND (Speedy Mix) – HANNA [9/10]
I liked the song and steps, but I was bothered why some freeze arrows end on the next note, but others go past it. I didn’t hear anything in the music to explain it.
Presentation: 4.8/5 ooh, bright colors O.O I am going to nominate this one, too

Maneater - Nelly Furtado [8.9/10]
I didn’t think I would like this file, but I did. Kind of repetitive with the spins, but I want to freestyle it :) Sounds like some of the 8th notes should be chaos notes. Why does it feel out of sync at the beginning? Maybe I’m following the wrong thing. After a few, it’s pretty dead on.
Presentation: 4/5 Who are you to tell me how to play your own songs? :P

Mother Nature - Luca Turilli [8/10]
Follows the music well. I don’t like the slowdown tho’. I feel that it ruins the energy. Did you ever consider doubling the speed instead of slowing it down? Do I just have bad taste/expectations?

Mutiny – Pendulum [9/10]
I originally gave this a low score, but upon closer inspection, I was wrong and everything fits. Look at all the steps with all those different colors. Good stuff
Presentation: 4.5/5 LoL skull

Professional Party People – Basshunter [6/10]
I just couldn’t get into the song or steps. Tough to follow, especially the first few times through.
Presentation 4/5

Remedy Lane - Pain of Salvation [6/10]
I had a good feeling with the build up, but a lot of things I had issue with. The slow section was pretty rough, and actually hard. I think that would up the difficulty. I thought for sure I was going to see some HANDS in there, but I didn’t :) Also, why does the beat vary between 119-119.5-120? Is that part of the song? Or were you having problems finding the BPM?
Presentation 3/5

Resonant Blue - Morning Musume [9/10]
I also gave this a question mark the first time through, but everything makes sense and the steps look like fun. Yay! Solid job
Presentation 3.5/5

SARA PERCHE TI AMO (DANCE REMIX) – Hanna [7.5/10]
This song has a lot goin on :) a stop, speed changes, lots a different steps. I didn’t like the way it was all put together. In some parts I was envisioning other patterns, especially when it came to double steps [which I gather is a fun topic when it comes to simfiles]. I was thinking of putting them in places they weren’t and breaking some up. I liked the song choice. Sounds like it goes in DDR

Showtime - Ruby Tuesday [7/10]
Kudos for having a high BPM and using a variety of steps. The chart didn’t appeal to me tho’. Also, I wasn’t fully convinced of the pauses
Presentation: 4/5 I thought the banner was awfully busy, but the video was a nice touch :)

Starstruck ~"The Return of the LuvBytes" - m-flo loves AI & [6.5/10]
I didn’t like the song or the chart. The pause, the chaos. Seems like it is harder than a 7 to me. I was expecting a fun and easy freestyle. Lastly, doesn’t the chart have HANDS at the pause? I mean you don’t have to use your hands, but all for panels are active at once.
Presentation 3/5

Sweet Child Of Mine (Cheeky Trax Remix) - DJ Milano [9.2/10]
I liked everything about this chart and song. I could see it being in DDR. However, it seems harder than a 7. Are there a lot of 7s that have as much chaos as this? Also, since I made a point in another file, and I noticed the same thing when playing this the second time around. Why do some freeze arrows end with the next note, while others go beyond it?
Presentation: 5/5 Who is in the b/g? Did it come with the picture frame? j/k I read the readme :)

Teenage Superstar - Mi Ne [8/10]
I liked the steps, and I felt that I would have stepped them similarly up until the… … can’t read my notes :\ I also felt that there were too many big breaks in the song. Also, it seems harder than a 7. Maybe those big breaks make it easier and less tiring? Tho’ you can’t regain any health when there are no steps. I got a TOASTY!

The Biggest Roaster - D.J. Spugna [10/10]
Ooh a 6, very bold. I was skeptical at first, but it did not disappoint. I could see someone breaking into heavy with this or someone wanting to freestyle it. I didn’t see anything that I disliked
Presentation 4.5/5 I liked that graphics, but I docked for no readme. Does that make me a bad person?

Time After Time - Speakerz! [8.5/10]
Good steps. I feel that they followed something in the song well. I would have stepped it similarly. The only thing I could think of was that some freeze arrows could be regular arrows
Presentation 4/5

TWINKLE SNOW POWDERY SNOW – Perfume [9/10]
I liked the freezes with the slow down. Maybe put in more? It’s a 7 alright. I couldn’t find anything else to gripe about.
Presentation 3/5

SUMMARY:
The Biggest Roaster - D.J. Spugna [24.5/25]
Sweet Child Of Mine (Cheeky Trax Remix) - DJ Milano [23.4/25]
E.G.G.M.A.N. - Jun Senoue [23/25]
GIRLFRIEND (Speedy Mix) – HANNA [22.8/25]
Mutiny – Pendulum [22.5/25]
Maneater - Nelly Furtado [21.8/25]
Resonant Blue - Morning Musume [21.5/25]
Time After Time - Speakerz! [21/25]
TWINKLE SNOW POWDERY SNOW – Perfume [21/25]
ay carumba!!!! - teranoid & MC Natsack [20/25]
Mother Nature - Luca Turilli [20/25]
Teenage Superstar - Mi Ne [19/25]
Bomb a Head! V - m.c.A T [18/25]
SARA PERCHE TI AMO (DANCE REMIX) – Hanna [18/25]
Showtime - Ruby Tuesday [18/25]
Broadbanded – SADA [17/25]
Flashing Lights - Kanye West [17/25]
Professional Party People – Basshunter [16/25]
Starstruck ~"The Return of the LuvBytes" - m-flo loves AI & [16/25]
Remedy Lane - Pain of Salvation [15/25]

no flames plz :-*
Last edited by creativename on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posting Member

by THECapedCaper » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:50 pm

My ratings (Score of Heavy Chart [out of 20] + Presentation [out of 5] + Tilt [3 Points Possible] = Total). Ties broken by higher chart score, then by extras.

Showtime - 18 + 3 + 3 = 24
Mutiny - 17 + 4 + 1.5 = 22.5 (LOVED the talking skull!)
Maneater - 17 + 3 + 0.5 = 20.5

Teenage Superstar = 16 + 3 + 1.5 = 20.5
Girlfriend - 16 + 4.5 + 0 = 20.5
Bomb a Head - 15 + 4 + 1 = 20
Professional Party People - 14 + 3 + 3 = 20
The Biggest Roaster - 16 + 3 + 0.5 = 19.5
リゾナント ブルー - 14 + 4 + 1.5 = 19.5
Mother Nature - 15 + 3.5 + 0.5 = 19
Twinkle Snow - 15 + 4 + 0 = 19
Time After Time - 15 + 3 + 0.5 = 18.5
Sara Peche Ti Amo - 15 + 3 + 0 = 18
Starstruck - 14 + 3 + 1 = 18
E.G.G.M.A.N. - 13 + 3 + 2 = 18
Sweet Child O' Mine = 14 + 2.5 + 1 = 17.5
Broadbanded - 14 + 3.5 + 0 = 17.5
Flashing Lights - 13 + 3 + 1 = 17
ay carumba!!! - 11 + 2.5 + 2.5 = 16
Remedy Lane - 6 + 2.5 + 0 = 8.5
Posting Member

by Zounder » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:19 pm

Judging just the heavy chart + presentation is ok for anyone

Taking advantage of this, with school starting I will not be able to review all three brackets if I were to do light/standard.

Starting with Bracket 2 because Bracket 1 has enough attention already.

ay carumba!!!!
teranoid & MC Natsack

Heavy: 7/20
Very messy. Those 32nds(?) were uncalled for, and the patterns felt completely erratic. a bunch of freezes, then a bunch of jumps, then crazy stream, etc. Also, there are awkward double steps galore. Just not a very enjoyable chart in DDR terms.

Plain, and text is kinda hard to hard. Song has a good beat but it very repetitive.

Total Score: 9.5/25

Bomb a Head! V
m.c.A T

Heavy: 12/20
Felt pretty overstepped, especially during the first chorus. Didn't need all those step-jump 8th note patterns and 16th streams (in the chorus mostly for the 16ths). The chart got a little better after that, some cool patterns, but overall it felt more difficult than it should be.

Good graphics, video is improper dimensions (should be 320 x 240), song didn't have enough of a beat throughout for me to declare it suitable for DDR.

Total Score: 15.5/25

Broadbanded
SADA

Heavy: 2/20
Wow... that was almost just one loooong stream of arrows! That -really- needed a break in the arrows somewhere, not to mention there were awkward double steps galore during the chaotic section. EVen your step patterns were completely generic and boring during the stream, just the same thing over and over. This chart came across to me as not thought out very well at all.

Background is OK, Banner's text should stand out more. the song isn't a bad fit for DDR other than the fact that it's pretty repetitive.

Total Score: 4.5/25

E.G.G.M.A.N.
Jun Senoue

Heavy: 15/20
Not bad. I didn't agree with a lot of the rhythms you followed with the steps; some stream seemed out of place and so did some of the 16ths. Still, the steps flowed very well and I enjoyed the step patterns you used.

Banner and BG are pretty plain but the video is funny. Song is a half-decent choice, though I think it could use more of a beat to be truly danceable.

Total Score: 18/25

Flashing Lights
Kanye West

Heavy: 5/20
Awkward double steps galore, step patterns were uncreative and bland, steps just seemed to drag on and on. You stuck to the vocals way too closely at times. On the plus side, you had the right idea with small parts of this chart, as it seemed like it had a little potential here and there, but overall this chart needs a severe overhaul.

Not a terrible song choice, but it's pretty repetitive and isn't very full-sounding. Banner and bg are ok but could use some more detail, especially in the text. Also, try to use separate font and colors for title and artist text.

Total Score: 7.5/25

GIRLFRIEND (Speedy Mix)
HANNA

Heavy: 18/20
Excellent chart. Great flow, -good- use of 4th note double steps. Some of the step patterns felt just a tad bland, and for about the first third of the chart one would face left a lot if playing on pad, but a lot of that depends on which direction the player chooses to come on and off of certain jumps, and regardless of that it's just a minor nitpick. Nicely done overall.

Presentation: 5/5
Fantastic graphics, good use of DDR videos, great song choice.

Total Score: 23/25

Maneater
Nelly Furtado

Heavy: 17/20
Very nice job here. I loved the rhythm the steps followed. I also liked the step patterns except for the repeating patterns in the chorus... Even though they went with the music they felt pretty awkward, and that same tactic was used over and over, which made it kinda awkward. I especially liked your use of freezes, though. Overall a great chart.

Song is an alright choice, a little too laid back for DDR standards, but has a decent beat. Graphics are solid, though could use a little more detail.

Total Score: 20/25

Mother Nature
Luca Trurilli

These steps are obviously ITG influenced. The rhythms you follow and the step-jump 8th note patterns used reflect more if an ITG feel, and awkward for DDR which doesn't bode well since this is a DDR stlye tourney. They weren't by any means terrible, I enjoyed a lot of the patterns used, and it isn't totally over-the-edge-ITG. It was mostly the rhythm that the steps followed that bugged me.

Text should stand out more, graphics are plain overall, song is a decent fit for DDR.

Total Score: 18/25

Mutiny
Pendulum

Very solid. The steps flowed wonderfully and the chart was really fun to play. It got really repetitive by the end, but that's mostly the fault of the song. Nicely done.

Graphics are decent but the text should stand out a little more. I want to say the song choice is great but the cut was a little too long and incredibly repetitive. Still, the energy and feel of the song makes it a good fit for DDR.

Total Score: 19.5/25

Professional Party people
Basshunter

Heavy: 11/20
There were some pretty fun patterns used, but it got incredibly repetitive by the end. the steps just dragged on and on. there needed to be a few more breaks in this chart. The difficulty was appropriate, as was the chaotic areas, but I felt like the music wasn't being followed properly-- some of the steps in the chaotic sections felt awkward, as if they needed to a 16th or a beat earlier/later, but only at certain points.

Song is incredibly repetitive, but fits DDR somewhat well energy-wise. Banner is pretty good, background is even better.

Total Score: 14.5/25

Remedy Lane
Pain Of Salvation

Heavy: 1/20
Steps patterns made little to no sense, they were way too streamy and chaotic for a song like this. Rhythm-wise, your steps seemed to follow absolutely nothing in the music. Of course, this could be because there -was- nothing in the music. Unnecessary short freezes, in fact most of these freezes were awkward. There's not much to say positively about this chart, sadly. =/

Presentation: 1/5
Banner is very plain, text should be bigger and have more detail. Background is plain, text should be more visible/brighter. Song is a -terrible- choice, this is not danceable/steppable in the least, not to mention it sounds so monotone and is completely repetitive.

Total Score: 2/25

Resonant Blue
Morning Musume

Heavy: 19.5/20
Truly a fantastic chart. I really loved the semi-crossover patterns in the chorus, and the rhythm followed was perfect. Due to the long cut of the song, I felt the steps got just a tad repetitive as they went on, but that's just a nitpick. One of my favorite files in the competition!

Song cut seems pretty long, Graphics are average but the video and video banner make up for it.

Total Score: 24/25

SARA PERCHE TI AMO (DANCE REMIX)
SPIKE

Pretty solid. Steps flowed well and I liked the jackhammers. I felt the step-jump 8th note patterns didn't work well with the song at all. The steps got a little repetitive towards the end, but that's mostly cause of the song. Overall, pretty good chart.

Excellent set of graphics, song choice fits DDR well but the cut is somewhat repetitive.

Total Score: 19.5/25

Showtime
Ruby Tuesday

Heavy: 4/20
The difficulty of of this chart was completely unnecessary, same goes for the BPM doubling. Most of these steps made no sense at all, though at least there weren't any double steps at this BPM. everything just needed to be majorly toned down.

Graphics are somewhat fuzzy and text is hard to read, song is a little repetitive but a good choice for DDR.

Total Score: 6.5/25

Starstruck ~"The Return of the Luvbytes"
m-flo loves blahblahblah

Heavy: 16/20
Pretty solid chart. The steps followed the vocals too closely during the verse, and there were some awkward twists/double steps throughout the chart, but that was relatively minimal. You followed a nice rhythm for most of the chart and the patterns were fun.

Great song choice, graphics are very good, though the stoke on the text looks a little strange.

Total Score: 20.5/25

Sweet Child Of Mine (Cheeky Trax Remix)
DJ Milano

This was a very solid chart. Great steps and flow for the most part, my only issue was the verse in the middle of the song. The song wasn't very prominent there and I thought it was slightly overstepped. Also, right before the second chorus, there was some awkward freeze-step action going on, but otherwise, this chart was enjoyable and well made.

Graphics are solid but a little on the plain side, and the text should stand out more. As much as I hate to hear such a great rock song be made into such a bland remix, I have to admit the song would fit well in DDR.

Total Score: 20/25

Teenage Superstar
MI NE

Heavy: 13/20
This chart is simply a few less jumps away from greatness. This chart had good flow and fun patterns, -except- for the massive overuse of 8th note step-jump patterns that were completely uncalled for and didn't work with the music. Playing this on pad would be completely awkward. Still, the author has the right idea here, they just have to go a little easier on the step-jump 8th note patterns in the future.

Good graphics, would have liked to have seen the artist and title text differentiated a little more. Background is very nice though. Great song choice, fits very well with DDR.

Total Score: 17.5/25

The Biggest Roaster
D.J. Spugna

Heavy: 17.5/20
This felt incredibly DDR authentic. I didn't much care for the 8th note spin pattern that was used a couple times, but for the most part this chart had great flow. Some of the step patterns felt a little awkward when you transition to some jumps and freezes, but overall the step patterns were unique and fun, reminded me a lot of Lady Chopper in places, which is a good thing. Great chart overall.

Graphics are simple yet effective, capture the DDR vibe well. Song is a perfect choice for DDR.

Total Score: 22.5/25

Time After Time
Speakerz!

Heavy: 14/20
You followed a decent rhythm throughout this chart. My biggest complaint is the awkward double stepping/spins and at the end, the step-jump/jump-jump-jump 8th note patterns, the song didn't really call for all of that jumping. Still, the first half of this chart is pretty solid and has some decent step patterns.

Graphics are bland and text needs to be bigger and more prominent. Song is a good choice for DDR.

Total Score: 16/25

PERFUME

Heavy: 19.5/20
Really hard to find fault in this! Simply a fantastic chart, great use of freezes, and the steps flowed wonderfully. The only thing that bugged me just slightly was that the slight repetitive nature of the song led to a little more repetition step-wise than I would have liked, but for the most part the patterns were kept varied and the chart was a blast to play. One of my favorite charts in the competition, very nicely done!

Graphics are top notch, song is an excellent choice for DDR.

Total Score: 24.5/25
Posting Member

by LK4D4 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:27 pm

ay carumba!!!!
L(4); 3.5/5; 12th note gallops?! Uhhhhh........no. Save those for the later difficulties. It was good on just about everything else. A couple more of those gallops I would put it as a 5-footer.
S(7); 4.5/5; Weee. That was more fun knowing there are gallops (thanks to the Light chart). Everything seemed pretty good. I like.
H(9); 8/10; Some DS made this a bad sim for it didn't feel good. Nice use of gallops throughout the song. And I just didn't agree with a couple parts (although it's difficult to point them out).
Presentation; 4/5; Banner looks okay, kinda cheesy though, just like the background.
Tilt; 1/3; Beginner and Doubles. Looks fun, but I just viewed it without actually padding (silly me).
Score; 21

Bomb a Head! V
L(3); 4/5; Pretty simple. Lots of left-right usage.
S(5); 3.5/5; A bit too simple, with again plenty of left-right usage. I would have enjoyed both more jumps and 8th notes in some areas. Rhythm was good. But it still lacked that umph to make it into a good 5-footer.
H(9); 8/10; Feels more like an 8-footer. Would have enjoyed more with gallops and a greater sense of difficulty. Although the crossovers good, they lacked presence during the parts you placed them upon. Nice job, nonetheless.
Presentation; 4.5/5; Nice job on the quality of video. Althought the banner doesn't show anything that supports the video/anime. Still, nice banner. And the CD credit supports the song (in a way). Nice background. Lyrics!
Tilt; 0.25/3; Beginner.
Score; 20.25

Broadbanded
L(4); 4.5/5; I would have put the song on all 8ths on the first part (instead of putting in that 4th note bit). Otherwise it's pretty dang good for a 4-footer. Lets you learn about blue notes without being too terribly difficult.
S(7); 4/5; A small little DS at the very end and also here and there, but still okay. Quite enjoyable, but that long stream was probably too much? Or maybe not. I would have enjoyed more stream difference to go with the rhythm (you didn't do it to perfection, but was close). Triples were also fun in the middle.
H(9); 5/10; WAAAAYYYYYYYY too much stream. The middle was more enjoyable with the gallops. Beginning was good, for the most part, where it stayed with the rhythm of movement. But it was too constant in pattern. A bit too much DS in the middle I would say! Pretty disappointing I thought.
Presentation; 2/5; Banner is a bit blurry, and the background is nice (although lacking in tact to be more "there" with the picture of that girl).
Tilt; 0.5/3; Challenge (a 13?!!?) didn't seem like a very good sim. It was mostly all stream, you made some DS that didn't fit / was confusing, and some of the patterns to the music didn't match rhythic movements (like going from down-right arrow stream to up-right with little change in music beat). Could use more steps to make it a ~real~ 13, more like a 12 in my opinion. Still looks good.
Score; 12

E.G.G.M.A.N.
L(4); 5/5; Very nice. I did not see much wrong with this difficulty (okay I did, but it's so minimal I didn't count it). Nice job! Now let's see how the other difficulties mastered....
S(6); 5/5; Holy Monkey Balls that was enjoyable. You definitely did a fine job on this one. NEXT!!......
H(8); 9/10; Wow, freak'n nice job! Completely went with a good step chart when you included the crossovers, decent holds, but the ending needs a slightly new improvement cause it looked like the previous two charts' feel (expecially that jump a couple beats near the end).
Presentation; 2.5/5; Video did not make much sense when it kept going from game to tv. But it was good quality. Banner needs a touchup on the text. I think it's off-sync by ~ever~ so much.
Tilt; 1/3; Doubles (felt like a nice 8-footer).
Score; 22.5

Flashing Lights
L(3); 4/5; Pretty good, but could use less jumps. Nice feel.
S(6); 3/5; This lacked a bit on presence to be a good 6-footer. Probably a 5, yet those 16ths didn't seem like an enjoyable addition. At least not how I saw them.
H(8); 6/10; Nice sim, but did NOT make much sense in the middle. I also felt kinda bored through most of it... expecting a good 8-footer when I got a 7. You went too much everywhere with the beat and vocals it was hard to keep track what was going to happen next.
Presentation; 2/5; Frigg'n loud bass! I like. The bear was cute :D . Banner is, uhmmm.... good?
Tilt; 0.25/3; Challenge. Althought it was a good chance to redeem yourself with this it kinda failed (and so did I with trying to beat the song). Again you switched too much with vocals and music. The jumps were not well place either. But you still get some credit for trying no matter how bad this level seems.
Score; 15.25

GIRLFRIEND (Speedy Mix)
L(3); 4.5/5; Make a very nice step chart (FOR A 4!). Jumps are a bit too poppy for a proper 3-footer. But you still did a really nice job at this level.
S(6); 5/5; God damn that was incredibly fun. Jumps and rhythm matched very nicely. Reminds me of Ryu Kosaka songs (Candy).
H(8); 8.5/10; Lacked in a couple areas, and the slower part of the song didn't match in beat (probably just 4th notes next time?). None the less it was a very nice sim.
Presentation; 4/5; I went "Nice background. A bit not-pink-enough, but still.... WOAH; VIDEO! Cool!" Banner looks very nice and clean (enough).
Tilt; .25/3; Beginner. I thought a lyrics chart would have been nice.
Notes; I was hoping for gallops or 16th note triples between streams. Oh well. -,-
Score; 22.25

Maneater
L(3); 5/5; Damn. Very nice job on this one. Really nice movements and rhythm was very simple. Good use of jumps and holds.
S(4); 5/5; Another damn fine job you did.
H(7); 8.5/10; Pretty good, but probably more like a 6-footer. Crossover were very nice (in most cases). Probably stick to more of the down arrow crossover when doing this?
Presentation; 2/5; Nice banner. BG is the same (meaning nice). Why no lyrics?
Tilt; .25/3; Beginner.
Note; who's Nelly Furtado? *gets stuff thrown at me*
Score; 20.75

Mother Nature
L(4); 3.5/5; It was ~okay~. Just, ~okay~.
S(6); 5/5; Very nice. Wouldn't change a thing. No further comments.
H(8); 9.5/10; WOW. Just "WOW" to an excellent chart.
Presentation; 2.5/5; Nice look'n baner (very light and yellow-ish). Background lighting was better to look at.
Tilt; 1/3; Doubles (Very good steps for a 7-footer).
Score; 21.5

Mutiny
L(5); 4.75/5; I looked at the Groove Radar and thought, "ouch". Played then found out, "ouch... that's damn good. Except for those Aqua colored notes that should not belong in any 5-footer".
S(6); 4/5; It was good. A couple DS made me iffy, and using a majority of rhythm as triples didn't impress me. Perhaps lengthen it to a 5- or 7-step stream. All in all I liked it.
H(8); 9/10; Damn fine job you did on this. Enjoyed the 12th note gallops very much so. Rhythm felt very nice.
Presentation; 3.5/5; I heard about the talking skull; Very nice! Banner is so-so. BG is simple and has that nice addition when the skull appears. What? No lyrics!
Tilt; 0.25/3; Beginner.
Score; 21.5

Professional Party People
L(4); 4.5/5; Very nice in terms of rhythm and arrow placement. Probably more stream of 4th notes?
S(6); 4.5/5; Could be slightly better in movement. Otherwise a nice level.
H(9); 7.5/10; Pretty good, until I got to those 16th notes. You went too much with the same beat in the song. I would have liked more gallops that go UR,RU or UR,RL. You deserve to die for that (refer to readme). Otherwise it's okay.
Presentation; 2.5/5; Good look'n banner and BG. Lyrics were difficult to read because of color (or maybe that's just my SM doing that).
Tilt; 1.35/3; Beginner, Doubles (Nice Heavy chart.). I especially liked your rant on the readme. :D
Score; 20.35

Remedy Lane
L(4); 2/5; More like a 5-footer. Not only that, but you DON'T START EARLY WITH PAD SONGS! ahem... Plenty of awkward DS made this also un-fun.
S(6); 2/5; I could copy and paste what I said about the Light onto this, but omit the "more like a 5-footer". More like a horrible sim?
H(8); 4/10; Double Stepping made this not enjoyable at all. Still starts early, 16th notes were a nice addition but too much for what 8-footers can handle. But yeah, the DS was not fun. The middle-of-the-song holds were a nice touch, but lacked proper movement (can you say "more DS"?). You pretty much failed this difficulty because it lacked potential in step quality when it became difficult to predict movements from DS during a stream. Testing man, TESTING!
Presentation; 2/5; Nice banner. Perhaps bigger size font? BG is a big blurry (maybe because it's raining, but I doubt it). That's about all to report.
Tilt; 0.75/3; Beginner and Challenge (11!? You do the same thing as all other difficulties with the exception that it's mostly stream. So starts early, DS, but at least you stayed ~mostly~ with the beat.).
Notes; Song was very difficult to read because it was quiet. You should have tried a song with more profound beat. But kudos for trying. I think you're a KB'er.
Score; 10.75

Resonant Blue
L(3); 4.75/5; Very nice step chart. I'm a bit iffy about the placement on some of the jumps. Otherwise it's an awesome 3-footer. (not that I play 3-footers a lot >.> )
S(6); 4.75/5; Again, a very nice step chart. The double taps were an every slight turn-off when I was expecting more but did not recieve (oh that sounds naughty).
H(8); 8/10; Fun, but there were too many lyrics references that made gaps between what-could-be-there rhythm.
Presentation; 5/5; Banner is very clean and Japan-like. Video is a given (based on the banner) and has really nice quality. Lyrics add a nice addition.
Tilt; 0.25/3; Beginner.
Score; 22.75

SARA' PERCHE' TI AMO
L(3); 5/5; Woot. Enjoyable. Simple and fun. Just how the level should present itself.
S(4); 3.5/5; Ha ha, more like a 5-footer. There needs improvement on that 3rd crossover, this part that missed a major beat (about 20 seconds from the end), yet otherwise it's a very nice sim.
H(7); 7/10; It was good, but perhaps an 8-foot rating would be better? Otherwise take out those jumps in the middle of a stream. They are not necessary for that level.
Presentation; 2.5/5; Very nice and clean BG and Banner. But no lyrics. ;_;
Tilt; 0/3;
Score; 18

Showtime
L(5); 4.5/5; Nice step patterns.... for a 6-footer.
S(8); 3.5/5; Nice step patterns.... for a 7-footer. This difficulty didn't impress me much. I blame your lack to get the rhythm down.
H(10); 7/10; Nice step patterns.... for a 9-footer. Is what I would like to say but it's pretty good. Now if you only halved the BPM so I could put on a good speed mod without resorting to constants. Jumps were kinda annoying. But then again I only played this difficulty once.
Presentation; 4.5/5; I think you should have halved the BPM. Stops are annoying to properly hit the next arrow cause it's just too close together. Banner is not that good (but at least you tried?). Video is a very nice touch. CD title is ~meh~. Also Lyrics!
Tilt; 1.25/3; Beginner, Doubles (weeeeeeee! Could use some more 10-footer patterns on the first part of the song. Still frigg'n good for the song. Nice Job!).
Score; 20.75

Startrusk
L(3); 4.5/5; Rhythm of movement was okay (not the best), but still good for the difficulty.
S(5); 5/5; Nice job. Everything seemed like it belonged where it was.
H(7); 6/10; There was a HAND! The rhythm was okay, but probably an 8-footer (or a hard 7). More gallops would be nice. And just about the same beat was present from the Standard near the end.
Presentation; 2.75/5; Lyrics! I noticed they changed colors, too. Nice banner. BG is okay.
Tilt; 0.5/3; Doubles (but only 1 difficulty. And that hand/pause took me off-guard.).
Score; 18.75

Sweet Child of Mine (Cheeky Trax Remix)
L(3); 5/5; Pretty darn good rhythm and very simple. Nice job.
S(5); 4.5/5; Enjoyable, but lacked a good rhythm with your use of jumps. Nonetheless it's a very good sim chart.
H(7); 6.5/10; Those gallops did not impress me. I don't remember what else was wrong other than the rhythm in some parts that lacked arrows. But that's my score for this one.
Presentation; 2.5/5; Lyrics! Banner and BG are very nicely done. Off-sync near the end? I can't read the CD title.
Tilt; 0.25/3; Beginner.
Score; 18.25

Teenage Superstar
L(3); 4.5/5; Pretty good. No further comments.
S(5); 4.5/5; I would C&P the Light comments, please.
H(7); 9/10; The only problem I thought were the jumps during a stream. Everything else, including the crossovers, were very well done. Nice job!
Presentation; 2.5/5; Pretty good banner, yet okay BG. I think it started just a tad early.
Tilt; 0.75/3; Beginner and Challenge (Not impressed with the use of 16ths).
Notes; It skipped on me during Light, but whatever. That may have been my computer.
Score; 21.25

The Biggest Roaster
L(3); 4.5/5; Perhaps a hard 3? Very nice rhythm and style. Jumps were okay.
S(5); 4/5; It was okay. I think some of the crossovers using 8th notes were too much, otherwise it is a very nice step chart.
H(6); 9/10; I had problems with the DS that ended in a jump (in at least 3 spots). Rhythm was good. Could possibly be labeled a 7-footer?
Presentation; 2.5/5; Very nice BG and Banner.
Tilt; 0.25/3; Beginner.
Score; 19.75

Time After Time
L(4); 4.5/5; Pretty darn good step chart. Simple and fun. Just some DS and 8th notes that got in the way of a perfect score (doh).
S(5); 4.5/5; Some slight rhythm problems but still a very good chart. Went with the music lyrics okay.
H(8); 8/10; Without those triple jumps I would say the level is a 7-footer. Nice rhythm, but that's all you get for a score.
Presentation; 2.5/5; Banner and BG are.. a picture of a space station -.- . I mean good, but I think the font needs to be bigger. And why no lyrics? I miss you lyrics.
Tilt; 0/3;
Score; 19.5

L(3); 3.5/5; I took points off because of a section that lacked anything (near those quad jumps), and also for the use of holds that made you DS (you no do that to a 3-footer).
S(5); 5/5; Very nice difficulty. A bit troublesome in areas but I think it should be okay for 5's to play.
H(7); 9.5/10; Very nice. This level was definitely pleasurable. Good rhythm, too.
Presentation; 4/5; Based on the CD title, it's a game? lol. Banner looks really nice. Video was a nice addition.
Tilt; 0/3;
Score; 22

*Scores Rundown in order from Highest then Alphabetical Order*
Resonant Blue: 22.75
E.G.G.M.A.N.: 22.5
GIRLFRIEND (Speedy Mix): 22.25
TWINKLE SNOW POWDERY SNOW: 22
Mother Nature: 21.5
Mutiny: 21.5
Teenage Superstar: 21.25
ay carumba!!!!: 21
Maneater: 20.75