BRACKET 3 - DISCUSSION

First time there's been a tie for first; and it's a three-way. :o

Moderator: MODS

by Sir.Rendr » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:19 am

Rob00996 wrote:You Can

Graphics 2.5/5
grapics on the banner were okay, but the background wasn't very good.

I believe the author is making a reference to this.

Old school DDR had some strange BG's.

Tilt .1/3
+.1 beginner steps with freezes

Eh?
Posting Member

by Krazy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:27 am

In Extreme there were no freezes in beginner charts, and I thought that it was always like that too until I looked at some of the newer beginner charts which actually do use freezes nowadays.
Posting Member

by alphabet55 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:06 pm

Wow, I always thought that beginner had no freezes. I guess I'm behind the times.

*waits seven hours for computer to read the input tape and post this message*
Posting Member

by Rob00996 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:05 pm

Sir.Rendr wrote:

Graphics 2.5/5
grapics on the banner were okay, but the background wasn't very good.

Old school DDR had some strange BG's.

Tilt .1/3
+.1 beginner steps with freezes

Eh?

I'm not talking bad about the background image itself. It's just that the text in the background looks a little rough. I guess I should have mentioned that.

And about the beginner steps. Since I have always been counted off points for having freezes on beginner stepcharts, I've always thought it was bad to have freezes on a beginner chart.
Posting Member

by CoreyBlaze » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:58 pm

I'd be SO happy if most fan-made bg's were at least 3rd mix quality. Look at them, legible fonts, simple colors that match and easy to read, and very creative (go dj penguin).

BTW some of the reviews I've read are worse than DJ Potatoe's. I oficially quit simfile competitions after BM2.
Posting Member

by alphabet55 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:15 am

Aww... why quit? Just submit simfiles without caring whether or not they win. ;D

And don't read the reviews.

And don't read the forums.
Posting Member

by Sir.Rendr » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:44 pm

BEST-mix 2 is going to make more people "quit" making simfiles than the DGJ Invitational followed by the nDDRo Judge Battle.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:15 pm

Sir.Rendr wrote:BEST-mix 2 is going to make more people "quit" making simfiles than the DGJ Invitational followed by the nDDRo Judge Battle.

Seriously.

With the amount of people saying they're going to quit/leave lately, I'm become a :cry: :cry: BLueSS.

The next side tournament (not BM3) will not be an anonymous tournament, and will hopefully be team based.
The following will be a no graphics, totally anonymous contest.

I've been doing these simfile contests for the community. For everyone who's simfiles I've enjoyed, who have enjoyed the competitions in the past. If everyone keeps leaving, there's not going to be any competitions left here. :(
Last edited by BLueSS on Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Azure Haights » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:29 pm

BLueSS wrote:With the amount of people saying they're going to quit/leave lately, I'm become a :cry: :cry: BLueSS.

I'm alone, alone without you

I'M THE COOOOOOOOLOR OF BLUESS
Posting Member

by cpubasic13 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:11 pm

BLueSS wrote:The next side tournament (not BM3) will not be an anonymous tournament, and will hopefully be team based.
Team based? Sounds iffy. I do think it'd be nice to try doing it without being anonymous for a change though.

The following will be a no graphics, totally anonymous contest.
It irks me when simfiles lack graphics BUT I think if one wants to they can submit graphics with their sim and then you remove them, releasing a pack of just the graphics for those that had them.

I've been doing these simfile contests for the community. For everyone who's simfiles I've enjoyed, who have enjoyed the competitions in the past. If everyone keeps leaving, there's not going to be any competitions left here. :(
To be honest I don't even do this competition for the victory or the proving I'm better or anything like that. In the end I end up finding a few new simfiles that I actually enjoy and that is all that matters to me.

I just see the competition as being a way for a bunch of people to submit sims to make a pack.
Posting Member

by LK4D4 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:03 pm

I for one like this sort of contest. It's a good way to say "HEY, here's my sim. You don't know who I am, so judge it how you feel. Give me input so I can improve my skills. And otherwise enjoy my work like you would a DDR game shows who made theirs."
The only hard part is being a judge and testing ~every single sim~. It's very tiring and I'm used to it by now. I hope to compete in the next anonymous Best-Mix pack given what I've seen from the comments given.
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:17 am

BLueSS wrote:.
The next side tournament (not BM3) will not be an anonymous tournament, and will hopefully be team based.

sounds pretty intersting! will we pick our teams or will they be assigned?
Posting Member

by DGJ » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:11 am

cpubasic13 wrote:It irks me when simfiles lack graphics BUT I think if one wants to they can submit graphics with their sim and then you remove them, releasing a pack of just the graphics for those that had them.

that would defeat the entire purpose
Image Image
Posting Member

by cpubasic13 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:53 am

I meant AFTER the entire competition.
Posting Member

by LK4D4 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:11 am

I think the use of adding extra graphics (especially video of any sort) gives the sim an extra boost. So of course they would be rated slightly higher. But do you think that would defeat the purpose of some sims? I mean, songs that revolve around a music video are a given to be shown in DDR games (Xepher, Polovisions, Doll, or whatever [I'm trying to think of more but I can't]). So perhaps, just perhaps, it's okay to include these because that is what attracts some people to play them (at first).
Posting Member

PreviousNext