Professional Party People - Basshunter
Sweet Child Of Mine (Cheeky Trax Remix) - DJ Milano
Maneater - Nelly Furtado
SARA PERCHE TI AMO (DANCE REMIX) - Hanna
Flashing Lights - Kanye West
The Biggest Roaster - D.J. Spugna
Mutiny - Pendulum
TWINKLE SNOW POWDERY SNOW - Perfume
Starstruck ~"The Return of the LuvBytes" - m-flo loves AI & Emi Hinouchi & Rum (Heartsdales)
Showtime - Ruby Tuesday
Teenage Superstar - Mi Ne
E.G.G.M.A.N. - Jun Senoue
Time After Time - Speakerz!
GIRLFRIEND (Speedy Mix) - HANNA
Broadbanded - SADA
Remedy Lane - Pain of Salvation
Mother Nature - Luca Turilli
Resonant Blue - Morning Musume
Bomb a Head! V - m.c.A T
ay carumba!!!! - teranoid & MC Natsack

DISCUSS AWAY
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:09 pm

Anonymous Post

Author of TWINKLE SNOW POWDERY SNOW
wrote:
My file, Twinkle Snow etc., is pretty offsync. This is because the file was last second as all get out and I'm using a new sound card. I haven't figure out the global gap settings yet. A quick autosync should fix it.
Site Admin

by Parama » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:43 pm

It's amazing how no one's discussing bracket 2 :roll:
Posting Member

Re: BRACKET 2 - DISCUSSION

by Sir.Rendr » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:44 pm

BLueSS wrote:DISCUSS AWAY

No thanks? :|

Can't believe titiln stepped another speed song. :O
Posting Member

by Zounder » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:58 pm

Parama wrote:It's amazing how no one's discussing bracket 2 :roll:

Which is odd, because so far I feel this bracket has the best quality songs.

Girlfriend (Speedy Mix), Resonant Blue, Teenage Superstar, The Biggest Roaster, and Twinkle Snow Powdery Snow are my favorites.

Biggest Roaster gets props for being the ONLY 6 footer in this competition, and did a good job with the steps.
Last edited by Zounder on Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Posting Member

by Sir.Rendr » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:01 pm

Everyone is speechless.
Posting Member

by Parama » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:07 pm

Sir.Rendr wrote:Everyone is speechless.

I rofl'd
Posting Member

by saetzero » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:27 pm

not that i have a lot of insight, but heres a small rundown on what i think of this here bracket

(all played on pad, on heavy, assist tick off)

(and i like files for fun factor... dont be angry if i didnt like yours... just means i personally didnt find it fun =\)

-------

Professional Party People - Basshunter
--not one of the better basshunter songs in general i think, and it really wasnt that fun to play... not bad... just not that fun

Sweet Child Of Mine (Cheeky Trax Remix) - DJ Milano
--didnt play yet, so no comment

Maneater - Nelly Furtado
--steps dont make a whole ton of sense to me, coulda done a lot more with it... seemingly anyways

SARA PERCHE TI AMO (DANCE REMIX) - Hanna

Flashing Lights - Kanye West
--i really expected a lot more from this one, regardless of BPM... being tha5t slow for that song jsut seems out of place

The Biggest Roaster - D.J. Spugna

Mutiny - Pendulum
--neat background effect, not a bad chart, just didnt feel the music all that much

TWINKLE SNOW POWDERY SNOW - Perfume
--for being offbeat, this song is actually really playable to me as long as assist tick is off... background video is distracting (not in a bad way though ^_^) and the music is probably my favorite of the entire pack... fun stuff

Starstruck ~"The Return of the LuvBytes" - m-flo loves AI & Emi Hinouchi & Rum (Heartsdales)

Showtime - Ruby Tuesday
--too hard to really enjoy on pad... but it all went with the song... tweaking it down to a nine-footer level woulda done wonders to make this more fun honestly

Teenage Superstar - Mi Ne

E.G.G.M.A.N. - Jun Senoue
--ummm... yaaa... silly song, not in a good way for ddr on pad though (prob enjoyable on keyboard though)... just couldnt look past the music to enjoy playing this one

Time After Time - Speakerz!
--some of the steps in it seemed outta place... the cut for the music stops pretty suddenly... it wasnt bad to play though

GIRLFRIEND (Speedy Mix) - HANNA
--hate the song, but the chart is fun enough to just enjoy the ultra-high beat bullshit this song has to offer... very fun, just god damn i hate this song ><

Broadbanded - SADA
--higher hopes were had here, but honestly didnt see the chart fitting what i woulda liked even before i played it... too plain, boring for half the song, pass on playing this one much more

Remedy Lane - Pain of Salvation
--the worst file i played out of this bracket so far... made no sense, not fun at all, music doesnt fit a ddr style game... sorry whoever did it, just not for me

Mother Nature - Luca Turilli
--interesting song, was kinda hard to play though... this kinda music doesnt make me wanna move around much! lol seemed decent though, just not what i look for

Resonant Blue - Morning Musume
--damn this video, too distracting lol... pretty well made, does a lot of things right... very playable

Bomb a Head! V - m.c.A T

ay carumba!!!! - teranoid & MC Natsack
--this song fits iidx much better then ddr... lil rough to play on pad... but it wasnt bad at all

---------

collectively, good job to everyone... a lot of decent stuff in here... with possibly (and hopefully more) as i finish out the pack

overall, better then bracket 3 imo (yay!) but bracket 1 was more fun (aww!)

give yourselves a clap... yall earned it, even if i didnt like your song... rather have this stuff then some SN/SN2 shit (lolz)
Posting Member

by AmazingKenchan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:26 am

I'm about halfway through a very very lengthy review for this, so far most files have been decent to exceptional, with one or two that really aren't great.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:20 am

Author of Showtime wrote:Looking through the B2 files, I realized that the Showtime folder still contained the original mock-up of what I pictured the banner looking like (entitled "Showtime.png"). Obviously, this ended up being cleaned up quite a bit when compared the the final version, but I felt I should explain its presence there.
Site Admin

by Camacho » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:50 am

Speed assessment:

Sweet Child Of Mine - The song and steps seemed average, although I give the author points for using step patterns not often seen.

Flashing Lights - No.

The Biggest Roaster - Pretty good, generic but sound steps.

Mutiny - This was one of my favorites. The graphics were a nice touch, but I liked the song and the steps fit very well.

Showtime - This was another one of my favorites. Charts like this are good examples in my mind of how stream and quick transitions between different types of rhythm don't have to be properties exclusive to bland and generic "boss song" techno or drum and bass.

E.G.G.M.A.N. - While I appreciate the effort, the main problem I had with this was the syncing. If not for that, I would put it at the top of the video-game music stepfiles in this competition, at least. Because of it I put it closer towards the middle.

Broadbanded - The challenge steps were horrible to the point I thought they might have been some sort of political statement against 16th streams, until I played the heavy and realized I didn't really like that either. The author seemed to have a grasp of rhythm, but very poor understanding of what types of steps are performed how, and whether or not that's pleasent.

Mother Nature - pretty good. I'm not entirely sure what I think of this yet.

ay carumba!!!! - This was upsetting to play.
sup
Posting Member

by creativename » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:27 pm

I assumed people were starting from the ends. Which is a logical place to start.
Posting Member

by Kamek » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:41 am

I'll probably look at this bracket in-depth tomorrow (err... today, I guess.) At first glance, it looks kinda hit-and-miss as far as quality goes, much like Bracket 1.
Posting Member

by Lilina » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:57 am

Given the discussion in this bracket appears to be a bit sparse compared to the others, I would like to invite you guys to a chatroom review of this bracket.

Let's get together on AIM; my alias is 'Damned Blader'. Just message me if you're going to join in.

Time (GMT+8): Friday, August 29-- 9:00 pm onwards.
(EST): around 8:00 am.

Just in case, I'll be waiting until around 4:30 am the next day, which should be around noon EST.
Posting Member

by lrxevan » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:12 pm

Hey guys check it out

The world has been turned upside down

all that is right is i

all that is wrong is l

those who have spelt my name irxevan shall be rewarded with vindication

I changed it! Haha! Those who have spelled it correctly are now wrong!

OK NOW TALK ABOUT BRACKET 2 GO
This special title makes me look cool.

Next