BRACKET 1 - DISCUSSION

First time there's been a tie for first; and it's a three-way. :o

Moderator: MODS

by BLueSS » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:18 pm

Camacho wrote:I'm contradicting you, because you're wrong. There are no contradictions in my position. You pretty blatantly misunderstood the first two things you claimed to be contradictory, and I don't even know how unless you missed like, half the words you quoted.
I don't even know that I have the energy to try again, after this, so try to actually understand the stuff I just typed, as opposed to what you've been doing.

Ok, Camacho, you're wrong. Zounder was trying to make an effort at understanding you (see his post asking for clarity from earlier).

Don't make things personal. If someone doesn't seem to understand what you're trying to say - don't attack them, try to clarify. Your personal "try to understand it, stupid" post doesn't help at all.

Camacho wrote:I would say the most defensible idea of what "DDR style steps" are is actually broad enough that it has negligible effect on step styles. And I'm right, so that's significant.

I didn't see this until just now.
SHUT UP.
Camacho wrote:
Zounder wrote:I'm taking the high road and deciding not to argue with a person who is making less and less sense with each of his posts.

That's not the high road. That's the cowards road, with yet another cheap shot thrown in that you'll never actually back up. Of course you won't, because you're running away. If you respond to this it'll be to say something pretty much identical, with a similar lack of proof.
Common sense is for commoners. I'm nobility. My sense serves me better than you will ever understand.

EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION HERE! ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE NEW HERE.

CAMACHO, get out of my tournament.

Your file will remain in the tournament, but you are not welcome back (unless you can convince me to let you back through PM ONLY).

Throughout my life, I've greatly learned one thing about myself: I do not respect ANYONE who fails to show respect to others. I don't care who the heck you are, why you think you're special, or whatever else you think makes you above someone.

While this (the guy who's "above" the rest, telling everyone that I don't care who you are) may sound hypocritical to the new people here, you can ask everyone else who's been here for a while - I'm one of the most understanding people here. I have always accepted feedback and complaints about almost every part of my tournaments, and many things have been changed due to respectful feedback. Now this isn't to say that you must show me respect for me to respect you; because I show everyone respect until they've proven to me otherwise that they don't show respect for others.

Mix that with the absolute unnecessarily for drama and personal attacks in a simfile competition for fun and you can really piss me off.

If it seems like I'm being very "mean" or whatnot this tournament, I'm actually not. There just seem to be more ego-centric entrants this time that can't hold proper arguments without creating unnecessary drama. I hate drama, so if you create it, I'm not going to like you. Plain and simple.

This applies to everyone: Keep the drama out, or you're out. If you've been here for a while, yes there has been drama in the past that may creep up from time to time; that's different than the drama that's happened so far this tournament.
Most of you know the type of stuff I'm referring to with this (site rivalries/complaints from previous tournaments/other stuff I've let fly in the past).

If you're not sure, side on the edge of respecting and being nice to people.
If everyone did that here, I wouldn't have to make posts like this.

Please continue to make the rest of this tournament drama free. I will be appointing two forum moderators to watch things since I'm not here all the time. Unfortunately, it has come to this point (at least for this tournament).

To everyone that has been here for a while and is yet subjected to another drama filled tournament, my sincere apologies. Zounder has been a very respected (and respectful) member of the community from before I even started doing these tournaments (or close to the same time). I'm not saying he's above anyone, or that he's a saint; but I have respect for him because he has shown it to others for a LONG time.

I hope we can get back to discussing the files now! :) If anyone has a problem at any time, PLEASE PM me. I'm more than willing to talk to you about things.

As for bracket 1, I've personally enjoyed FOURTH JOYRIDE (Buckle Up), i-revolution, MAX DON'T HAVE SEX WITH YOUR EX (Grandale Mix), and Propane Nightmares the most.

I hope that more people can write public reviews soon, and that we can have fun for the rest of the tournament.

Thank you for your time, and continue with the simfile playing and discussion! :D
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Sir.Rendr » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:48 pm

Bwahahahaha! I need to replace the 100 .png files with this video! :lol:
Posting Member

by AmazingKenchan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:14 pm

In response to BlueSS, thanks for reading between the lines for me, I think in the mess I missed some of the shit he said. I hope his point carries on, but yeah, I kinda missed that little "nobility" comment :/ sorry if I came off wrong defending it.

That said, I have a long day today, but hopefully tonight I'll have a full detailed review of bracket 2 done, I hope you guys are looking forward to it. I'm happy with the reviews I've seen so far, and I'm eager to see more :D
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:04 pm

AmazingKenchan wrote:In response to BlueSS, thanks for reading between the lines for me, I think in the mess I missed some of the shit he said. I hope his point carries on, but yeah, I kinda missed that little "nobility" comment :/ sorry if I came off wrong defending it.

Yeah, definitely. :) I saw the confusion and was starting to get confused in the middle there myself, so I realized (from what I could tell) that you weren't directly trying to support it.

Thanks for clarifying it yourself too. ;)

As for the point he was trying to make, any respectful debate about it is always fine by me; but nobody should post the way he was.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by kay0ss » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:05 pm

What the hell, drama in a simfile tournament?

Silly high schoolers.
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:17 pm

kay0ss wrote:What the hell, drama in a simfile tournament?

Silly high schoolers.

You're really new to this, aren't you? Nonetheless I'm quite glad I skipped out on this one :P
Posting Member

by Sir.Rendr » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:17 pm

Naw everyone here's from college dude. :roll:
Posting Member

by Parama » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:30 pm

Sir.Rendr wrote:Naw everyone here's from college dude. :roll:

*exception*
Posting Member

by creativename » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:51 pm

Was there a way for "MAX" not to crash SM as is?
Posting Member

by Sir.Rendr » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Yeah it doesn't crash mine. It doesn't even freeze mine. If you can't play it in windowed mode, then chances are you just can't play it on that computer. Maybe this will help? MAX-fix.smzip
Posting Member

by Hiryuu » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:58 pm

Am I the only one that's 'a little older than college' here? :P
Posting Member

by Jezendar » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:03 pm

Hiryuu wrote:Am I the only one that's 'a little older than college' here? :P

It is possible. However, there are also people here who are more than a "little" older than college. At age 34, I would be a part of this group myself. And I know I'm not the only one who tries to balance StepMania time with job time.
Posting Member

by DjJRun » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:04 pm

Haha, nope. I graduated from college almost two years ago. Contrary to what some may think, ya don't "get over" dance/rhythm games once you graduate :wink:
Posting Member

by Aki » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:53 pm

Hiryuu wrote:Am I the only one that's 'a little older than college' here? :P

*waves hand*

EDIT: bracket 3 needs more love

EDIT 2: This tournament is meant to be fun. We're not in some battlefield to make simfiles for supreme conquest and ultimate supremacy of ethereal victory xD
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

by kay0ss » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:59 pm

Sir.Rendr wrote:Naw everyone here's from college dude. :roll:

What I meant by high schoolers was the mentality of the drama-queens trying to stir shit up during this shindig when really, just like Akira said in the previous post, this is supposed to be all for fun.
Posting Member

PreviousNext