BRACKET 1 - DISCUSSION

First time there's been a tie for first; and it's a three-way. :o

Moderator: MODS

by Camacho » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:17 pm

Zounder wrote:After all, how would you define DDR style before ITG existed? o.o

It would be the same. It would just lack the reactionary element.

Everyone has their own definition, which is why we have differing step styles. :)

I would say the most defensible idea of what "DDR style steps" are is actually broad enough that it has negligible effect on step styles. And I'm right, so that's significant.
sup
Posting Member

by Zounder » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:17 pm

Parama wrote:C-C-C-Combo breaker!!!

Can we discuss the pack instead of having a debate?

Yes!

This thread is way too clogged, somebody besides me go discuss brackets 2 and 3.
Posting Member

by Camacho » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:18 pm

Zounder wrote:Ok, after reading your last post it is very clear that you have misunderstood me more than I have misunderstood you

To you anyways.

and all of most of your points are terrible. (Did you really just claaim 6 footers and 7 footers to be "generic"?)

Yes. Glad to see you ran away promptly after challenging the claim, instead of backing yourself up with anything persuasive.
sup
Posting Member

by Zounder » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:21 pm

Camacho wrote:
Zounder wrote:Ok, after reading your last post it is very clear that you have misunderstood me more than I have misunderstood you

To you anyways.

and all of most of your points are terrible. (Did you really just claaim 6 footers and 7 footers to be "generic"?)

Yes. Glad to see you ran away promptly after challenging the claim, instead of backing yourself up with anything persuasive.

I'm taking the high road and deciding not to argue with a person who is making less and less sense with each of his posts. If you wanna feel good about yourself and think you're absolutely right, go ahead. But anybody here with common sense will see otherwise.
Posting Member

by Parama » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:22 pm

/OFFTOPIC
Posting Member

by Kamek » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:26 pm

So far, my favorite files out of this bracket are Fourth Joyride, i-revolution, Propane Nightmares, Romance in the Club, and Taboo Tears You Up 2008. Got about five more files to play through and then I'll post my ratings.
Posting Member

by Zounder » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:27 pm

Kamek wrote:So far, my favorite files out of this bracket are Fourth Joyride, i-revolution, Propane Nightmares, Romance in the Club, and Taboo Tears You Up 2008. Got about five more files to play through and then I'll post my ratings.

Propane Nightmares is really an awesome song. The steps were alright, kinda strange placement at times, but not too bad.
Posting Member

by Camacho » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:33 pm

Zounder wrote:I'm taking the high road and deciding not to argue with a person who is making less and less sense with each of his posts.

That's not the high road. That's the cowards road, with yet another cheap shot thrown in that you'll never actually back up. Of course you won't, because you're running away. If you respond to this it'll be to say something pretty much identical, with a similar lack of proof.

If you wanna feel good about yourself and think you're absolutely right, go ahead.

I don't care either way, honestly, but you're sure going out of your way to be unpersuasive.

But anybody here with common sense will see otherwise.

Common sense is for commoners. I'm nobility. My sense serves me better than you will ever understand.
sup
Posting Member

by Parama » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:35 pm

Can someone ban Camacho before he trolls up the entire forum?
Posting Member

by mintessence » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:40 pm

Camacho wrote:
Zounder wrote:I'm taking the high road and deciding not to argue with a person who is making less and less sense with each of his posts.

That's not the high road. That's the cowards road, with yet another cheap shot thrown in that you'll never actually back up. Of course you won't, because you're running away. If you respond to this it'll be to say something pretty much identical, with a similar lack of proof.

If you wanna feel good about yourself and think you're absolutely right, go ahead.

I don't care either way, honestly, but you're sure going out of your way to be unpersuasive.

But anybody here with common sense will see otherwise.

Common sense is for commoners. I'm nobility. My sense serves me better than you will ever understand.

win your internet fights somewhere else please
take your swollen e-penis and shove it up your ass k
doo doo doo doo doo
kissing you baby!
Posting Member

by Sir.Rendr » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:43 pm

ooooooooooooooh, slammed by a chick!
Posting Member

by mintessence » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:44 pm

im not a girl lol
thats yuri kwon in my avatar
shes a member of girls generation
doo doo doo doo doo
kissing you baby!
Posting Member

by Sir.Rendr » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:50 pm

yeah was refering to the avatar ;)
Posting Member

by 0rion » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:22 pm

Frankly, the fact that Camacho is being met with such hostility makes me think he's got a serious point. I'm inclined to agree with him.

If something creative is automatically going to be criticized because it doesn't fall in line with (very) ill-defined convention, what's the point of submitting something to a contest that's supposed to be creative?

Just because he's pursuing the issue doesn't make him a troll. I think you should answer his questions instead of writing him off.

For example, you said that a 9 on Heavy shouldn't have a 7 for a light chart. Why shouldn't it? Are there exceptions? Who made this rule?

Charts being intuitive, making sense, and being fun to play for a person of that level are the THREE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS to a good simfile. I think a lot of people have lost sight of that.

For instance, graphics don't mean jack. They might look good (or bad), but they don't add anything TO the chart. The people playing aren't looking at them. Bystanders are watching the people playing. It's the STEPS that matter most.

Which brings me back to my point. EVERY STEPFILE AUTHOR SHOULD HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR EVERYTHING HE DOES. If he has a good reason for making a 3-7-8-9 difficulty progression that is apparent to the people playing it, that's what counts. The ONLY exception is if the change alienates players. If someone doesn't see what you were going for when you made a step pattern, then it's a bad choice no matter how creative it is.

Camacho is raising some very good points, and I don't want to think that people have gotten too stubborn to realize that, just because he isn't sugar-coating them.
-Sir "O"
Posting Member

by Zounder » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:35 pm

Good to see people posting public reviews, keep em coming!

(Perhaps people should start on Bracket 3 and work in reverse to spread things out, though >_>)
Posting Member

PreviousNext