Tournament Schedule

First time there's been a tie for first; and it's a three-way. :o

Moderator: MODS

by Krazy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:46 pm

Some good stuff here...

Zounder wrote:Ok so just a preliminary comment, I have played zero of the songs but I just realized:

Whoever registered the TWEWY song is epic.

However, I would have picked a different song, like Deja Vu or Calling. Still, that game is amazing and anybody who likes the music from that game deserves a thumbs up. :D

Yeah, I was thinking someone might do a song from TWEWY a couple days ago. Unfortunately the one here is way to quiet compared to every other song in the group (which is a MAJOR problem IMO, songs should always be normalized) and the steps are kind of uninspired.
Posting Member

by Parama » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:50 pm

Comparing my file to all the other files... I already have last place guaranteed! :roll:
Posting Member

by Zounder » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:58 pm

Krazy wrote:Some good stuff here...

Zounder wrote:Ok so just a preliminary comment, I have played zero of the songs but I just realized:

Whoever registered the TWEWY song is epic.

However, I would have picked a different song, like Deja Vu or Calling. Still, that game is amazing and anybody who likes the music from that game deserves a thumbs up. :D

Yeah, I was thinking someone might do a song from TWEWY a couple days ago. Unfortunately the one here is way to quiet compared to every other song in the group (which is a MAJOR problem IMO, songs should always be normalized) and the steps are kind of uninspired.

Agreed.

I almost stepped Calling for the Video Games bracket of DDRExtreme.co.uk's Revisisted mix, but didn't have the time to get around to stepping it. Such a good soundtrack. (not to mention the game itself!)
Posting Member

by Sir.Rendr » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:04 pm

Parama wrote:Comparing my file to all the other files... I already have last place guaranteed! :roll:

Can you try to be nice to yourself? You can't get better with that kind of attitude (even if you may be trying to trick us by use of reverse psycology).
Posting Member

by saetzero » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:22 pm

downloaded and played me some charts!

(played only songs that appealed to me so far (on maniac)... so there might be some fun im missing out on)

nrrd grrl - very fun play, damn... lyrics are hilarious too ^_^

propane nightmares - good job whoever did that... makes me feel bad about my file o.o

taboo tears you up 2008 - fun runs, i like it ^_^

girlfriend speedy mix - pretty exactly what id imagine that song could be, just wish the song didnt piss me of soo much lol

twinkle snow powdery snow - fun song, fun chart, damn video made me drop my AAA.... cute girls... the end of me i swear

good job to everyone though! a lot of very good banners, backgrounds, and cuts of the songs used

the moving banners freak me out a bit, but everyone give yourself a big ol clap

or if your insisting your song is bad... a clean but very small violin solo
Posting Member

by Parama » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:38 pm

Sir.Rendr wrote:
Parama wrote:Comparing my file to all the other files... I already have last place guaranteed! :roll:

Can you try to be nice to yourself? You can't get better with that kind of attitude (even if you may be trying to trick us by use of reverse psycology).

Well considering that I usually make Keyboard-only charts, a pad chart from me was probably a bad idea, considering the last time I used my pad was the first week after SN2 was released. Arrabiata pretty much made me give up pad, considering that I could pass Max 300 but not Arrabiata.
Posting Member

by Forbidden » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:03 pm

Parama wrote:Well considering that I usually make Keyboard-only charts, a pad chart from me was probably a bad idea, considering the last time I used my pad was the first week after SN2 was released. Arrabiata pretty much made me give up pad, considering that I could pass Max 300 but not Arrabiata.

To be fair, SN2 had garbage charts (see Groove Radar Special).

Aside from keyboard-style patterns, there are little differences between both types of charts. There needs to be common sense when stepping anything at all, otherwise the sim will look like a complete joke (see Dash Hopes). As long as you are able to make the simfile readable and user-friendly, you will be in the clear.
Posting Member

by Kamek » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:21 pm

First impressions: a lot of good stuff, some not-so-good stuff. I'll try to judge every file if I can find the time. I'm particularly surprised by the number of submissions that included full double steps. Things have changed since I last did one of these...

Also, MAX MAX MAX MAX MAX MAX MAX MAX...
Posting Member

by creativename » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:01 pm

You mean it's not over?

Stepmania is killing my hard drive :P

I will be playing this to see what sounds and steps people are into.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:09 pm

JUDGING AND PUBLIC REVIEWS ARE DUE SEPTEMBER 6TH.

Scores released Sunday, the 7th.
Yes, all the bracket scores will come out at once!

In case there are significant delays/trouble with judges things will be pushed back until proper scores can be acquired.

All files that advance from this round will go to a public voting for the finals. Due to not having a consistent set of judges (at least not yet) scores will NOT carry over to the final round.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by timsilog » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:59 pm

ah come on guys why you gotta be hating on the twewy song. whoever made that file must be at a disadvantage now..

by Zounder » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:07 pm

timsilog wrote:ah come on guys why you gotta be hating on the twewy song. whoever made that file must be at a disadvantage now..

by that argument, nobody should criticize anybody's file, because then they'd be at a disadvantage... o.O
Posting Member

by kynayo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:50 am

... Can I say which bracket my simfiles in???
Stop nagging me and I'll leave you
be when you're alone...
Posting Member

by Sir.Rendr » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:28 pm

... Why???
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:28 pm

kynayo wrote:... Can I say which bracket my simfiles in???
no.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

PreviousNext