** RULES ** IF YOU ARE NEW HERE - READ THIS

First time there's been a tie for first; and it's a three-way. :o

Moderator: MODS

** RULES ** IF YOU ARE NEW HERE - READ THIS

by BLueSS » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:14 pm

First off, welcome! It's good to see some new (and old) faces around here. :D

I've had a couple of questions come up and some rules needed to be clarified.

1) In terms of song, you can pick (almost) any song, as long as it does not have official DDR steps in any arcade or home version. Also songs are banned if they were entered in recent tournaments. I have that list and will let you know if the song you chose falls into that list.

1.5) You file must be a new, previously unreleased file.
This way the file isn't something that many people have played already and either grown to like/dislike. It gives everyone a fresh start and playing field.

2) "Where do I upload the file?"
Somewhere private. If you have a simfile page, do not upload it there, nor on Bemanistyle. Your file will be released to the public when the pack comes out, so until the tournament is over, the file needs to be uploaded somewhere temporary like yousendit or zshare. Then send me in a PM a link to the uploaded file.

3) "Can I change my entry choice?"
Yes. As much as you want, but I need a PM each time you change it to make sure you didn't choose a song on the banned list.

This list will be updated as more questions come up.
If you're new, feel free to ask anything you're not sure of and either myself or someone experienced will be able to answer you.
Last edited by BLueSS on Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:15 am

Other tips:
Your file has to be *completely anonymous*!

This includes the "Credit/Author" tags in the .SM and .DWI file, readmes, and any CDtitles.
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:18 am

IMPORTANT

If you make charts that are regularly off-sync when other people play them - use this:

http://best-mix.net/downloads/sync%20test.zip

It's a file synced to the default sync standard. If when you play this file the steps are off, that means your GLOBAL SYNC is off.

To fix this, DO NOT change the gap of this file. You need to change the Global Gap/Offset in Stepmania's options until this file is synced.
Site Admin

by ranatalus » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:04 am

haha, such as yamato nadeshiko max last time
Posting Member

by hellrazor » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:30 pm

BLueSS wrote:IMPORTANT

If you make charts that are regularly off-sync when other people play them - use this:

http://best-mix.net/downloads/sync%20test.zip

It's a file synced to the default sync standard. If when you play this file the steps are off, that means your GLOBAL SYNC is off.

To fix this, DO NOT change the gap of this file. You need to change the Global Gap/Offset in Stepmania's options until this file is synced.

The .SM file is synched to the default sync standard. The .dwi file is synched to my machine, this shows that my PC is off from the default sync standard by +0.014. Anyways feel free to delete the .dwi file or change it back to #GAP:12;. Also if you notice a difference and don't want to change the global offset, just make sure to adjust the GAP or OFFSET of your entry to compensate, however adjusting your Global Offset is highly recommended since every file you download will play off-beat for you.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:57 pm

Thanks for that clarification, hellrazor! I never realized that the DWI was differently offset from the SM file.

I reuploaded the file with a fixed DWI file offset (in case anyone actually used the DWI file to sync to).
Site Admin