Tournament Questions

First time there's been a tie for first; and it's a three-way. :o

Moderator: MODS

by Hainaut » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:35 pm

I don't like Flash In The Night's steps - that uncreative chart is a perfect example of how NOT to step eurobeat.

However, even that chart looks like Love Love Shine or Moon when compared to those crappy SN/SN2 boss charts, namely:

- Arrabiatta, Heavy (even on Standard, this almost plays like a 10; it's all SO overdone, especially for such a minimalistically-produced song...)
- Fascination ~Eternal Love Mix~, Challenge
- Healing-D-Vision, Challenge
- Non-Governmental Organization (as I like to call it), Challenge
- Unreal, Heavy

Oh, and does anyone remember that glorious original chart to Something Wonderful on Ultramix 1? :|
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:39 pm

#Infinity wrote:Oh, and does anyone remember that glorious original chart to Something Wonderful on Ultramix 1? :|

Wait, there were two charts to this, and I disliked one, but loved the other...I dunno which though.

As for worst steps, Jupiter Heavy. Boring 8th streams that go to nothing and lead to nothing and possibly the worst EVER fade-out.
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

by Rob00996 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:23 am

Are you talking about the Something Wonderful chart with the ridiculous amount of freezes. I didn't hate it
that much, but it wasn't really a good chart.

My least favorite songs are Chaos and Max.

Chaos had so many unnecessary stops and I just hate Max. when the BPM doubles at the end.
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:22 am

I like Sandstorm and Max. (period). More precisely I love the latter. And how can you hate on either Jam Jam Reggae? The 3rd Mix version is extremely fun.

The worst one I've played recently is easily Unreal. What the hell? DukAmok needs to stop. now.

As for other charts a lot of people dislike that I do like, well, there's always In the Heat of the Night ("2 ez") or Telephone Operator. And again, Sandstorm. Also Dark Black Forest, which people wanted to be the next So Deep.
Last edited by Juub005 on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:57 am

#Infinity wrote:I don't like Flash In The Night's steps - that uncreative chart is a perfect example of how NOT to step eurobeat.

However, even that chart looks like Love Love Shine or Moon when compared to those crappy SN/SN2 boss charts, namely:

- Arrabiatta, Heavy (even on Standard, this almost plays like a 10; it's all SO overdone, especially for such a minimalistically-produced song...)
- Fascination ~Eternal Love Mix~, Challenge
- Healing-D-Vision, Challenge
- Non-Governmental Organization (as I like to call it), Challenge
- Unreal, Heavy

Oh, and does anyone remember that glorious original chart to Something Wonderful on Ultramix 1? :|

lol I remember that chart from Ultramix 1. Alot of the songs from the UM1 song packs had really wierd charts.
I think my least favourite charts are Arrabbiata with it's spamming of compliacted crossovers and jump streams. (not to mention the light and standard charts are blatant copy, paste, and take out a few arrow jobs from the heavy charts). Also, Unreal is pretty retarded. Stoic and DXY! were fun with the one section of step-jumping they had that provided a challenge, but Unreal just spams it throughout the entire chart. (Also, the song is annoying. The guy sionging sounds like he constipated and trying to go, or something)
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:13 am

Juub005 wrote:The worst one I've played recently is easily Unreal. What the hell? Fire DukAmok. now.

DukAmokk produced more at Konami than just Dead End Groove Radar Special?
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:10 pm

#Infinity wrote:
Juub005 wrote:The worst one I've played recently is easily Unreal. What the hell? Fire DukAmok. now.

Going from this, I'm also gonna bet he made the steps for Arrabbiata, Trip Machine Phoenix, Paranoia Hades, and NGO.
Posting Member

by Hiryuu » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:57 pm

LOVE THIS FEELINNNN~~
Posting Member

by Azure Haights » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:21 pm

SUNKiSS DROP.

Hey guys, let's spam RDLDR over and over again at the chorus :D

And B- and A-jumps at the bridge :D

EDIT: and then, when we stop spamming the same crossover, let's break our flow :D :D
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:22 pm

Azure Haights wrote:SUNKiSS DROP.

Hey guys, let's spam RDLDR over and over again at the chorus :D

And B- and A-jumps at the bridge :D

EDIT: and then, when we stop spamming the same crossover, let's break our flow :D :D

I actually enjoy Sunkiss drop. I understand what you mean about using the same crossovers again and again, but they're far less messy/spammy than Arrabbiatta's, plus I love the jump section in the middle. It's even more fun on doubles!
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:33 pm

man, I haven't downloaded official sims in years. Is DDRUK still the default standard? It looks like most of the new files (although slightly incomplete) are at Zenius-i-vanisher...
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Juub005 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:04 am

Super_Ray wrote:
#Infinity wrote:

Going from this, I'm also gonna bet he made the steps for Arrabbiata, Trip Machine Phoenix, Paranoia Hades, and NGO.

Well, it's all just conjecture that he's responsible for Unreal, Dead End Special (unless he admits somewhere to making it), but I haven't seen steps this bad in DDR EVER. Even Ultramix 1's bad steps weren't this bad. It had to come from somewhere. And besides, they don't need him. They've done the job themselves for many years before, so why can't they do it now?
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:13 am

How'd Duk get a stepchart position anyway? I remember it from a while back, but can't remember the details.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Sir.Rendr » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:29 pm

He was the only one who actually lived in San Diego, or some other city in California, graduated high school, and thought he knew how to make steps. At this time, Konami was desperate to fill in their empty step making spots because after 4 years without another arcade release, many of the great simfile makers of the Extreme era and before had left the building. Plus, Konami offered this job to American citizens. Although not many Japanese players own their own Stepmania program, I am willing to bet no one near as bad as DukAmok would've signed up for that spot in the country where DDR had originated from.
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:43 pm

Sir.Rendr wrote:He was the only one who actually lived in San Diego, or some other city in California, graduated high school, and thought he knew how to make steps. At this time, Konami was desperate to fill in their empty step making spots because after 4 years without another arcade release, many of the great simfile makers of the Extreme era and before had left the building. Plus, Konami offered this job to American citizens. Although not many Japanese players own their own Stepmania program, I am willing to bet no one near as bad as DukAmok would've signed up for that spot in the country where DDR had originated from.

I wish I had known about this way earlier. I live only 6 hours from San Diego.

Juub005 wrote:
Super_Ray wrote:
#Infinity wrote:

Well, it's all just conjecture that he's responsible for Unreal, Dead End Special (unless he admits somewhere to making it), but I haven't seen steps this bad in DDR EVER. Even Ultramix 1's bad steps weren't this bad. It had to come from somewhere. And besides, they don't need him. They've done the job themselves for many years before, so why can't they do it now?

The "bad" Ultramix 1 stepcharts are awesome sauce compared to Unreal, Dead End GRS, Arrabbiata, and the like. Maybe they should have hired those people, lol.
Posting Member

PreviousNext