HyperMix 2

Files not related to BEST-mix.

Moderator: MODS

HyperMix 2

by Oni-91 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:46 am

I know that it's four years old, but...

There's 125 files in here that I've been building over about 5 years. It's arguably the last big pack I've made and will make unless I get the spark properly back soon. Most of these don't suck, some of these have video. They're on what I'd like to call the "HyperMix" rating system of standard 1-10, but 11-13s a bit of a milder versions of what the ITG ratings are (I was aiming for 11 being a DDR 17, 12 an 18, and 13 a 19, but I may have ended up undershooting them a bit in the end).

Give them a shot, you can do a lot worse with 500Mb.
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

Re: HyperMix 2

by BLueSS » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:16 pm

I haven't got to play many, and some of them aren't my genre of choice at the moment, so just playing songs that stand out to me.

"I know You know" - This could have been a solid entry in any previous BEST-mix. It brought back memories of lots of songs in this style, and the expert chart was good.

"Insane Techniques" - This felt more like a 10, but this song is great as a hard ddr-style chart. That video works so well with the feel of the song and the chart, it felt like a good boss-level type chart. Very nice.

"Rise Up" - This one fell short for me. I think the song choice and some questionable pattern choices didn't really flow for me.
"Save the World" - same as above.
"Spicy Piece" - Not a fan of the intro, and feel like the song just limits what you can do resulting in more of the above.

"Kick the Ca..." I mean Supergabber was very reminiscent of the earlier days of DDR's Kick the Can. Some parts of the song were less interesting to step to, but this overall was fun.

"That Man" - I would totally kill the intro and jump right into the main song. You then can build suspense and save the swing style steps for the chorus and later in the song, building up the tension as the first verse doesn't have it.

"The Fiddler on the Deck" - I wanted to like it, but the repetition of the steps just got old half-way through. It needs a little more variety.

"Wuv U" - This must be from another music game; the song is perfectly designed for rhythm gaming, and the song is so easily chartable. You hit all the right spots with this one.

I think you've still got the hang of simfile making!
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin