t7r mix XQ04

Files not related to BEST-mix.

Moderator: MODS

t7r mix XQ04

by t7r » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:15 am

I don't normally crosspost but just as an effort to revive BEST-mix, might as well show that a former BEST-mix competitor is still doing something.

Songlist: http://t7rsims.byethost31.com/simfiles/xq04.php
Packs:
* Z-I-v, last updated 2020-10-21
* MEGA.nz (with videos), last updated 2020-10-29
* MEGA.nz (without videos), last updated 2020-10-29

Newest songs:
1.1.9 - BOSS 1 - 2020-10-29

Blurred out song is only available in the packs!

I step mainly IIDX/GITADORA and likely some mainstream rock and pop music from unusual international countries.

Will probably keep this compact first post format unlike the one I have up in ZIv now.
Last edited by t7r on Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posting Member

Re: t7r mix XQ04

by t7r » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:43 pm

Added a new file in the first post, a collab with DigiMindAxel (one of the best pad artists that mainly does pop'n music with some other BEMANI too), thus...

Speaking of collabs, if anyone wants to de-rust from simfile-making but not exactly make their own files yet, I would like to announce an (ongoing) collab event!

Details in this link: http://t7rsims.byethost31.com/event.php

For BEST-mix members only, I'm opening up a few more international song slots so if you have song ideas you're willing to collab with let me know via either PM/Twitter/Discord!

One of the ongoing international collabs involves a former BEST-mix winner. ;)

To anyone that has seen details for this event in ZIv, I've loosened the "at least involves two artists" requirement for international songs so if it's a solo song so be it.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:40 pm

I gave the last 4 packs of yours a go... and while I like the effort you're putting into the files, they're definitely more ITG/IIDX-hard rather than older DDR style, so they're not really doing it for me.

I've always had the opinion that IIDX songs (and similar styles) that are very intense and fast are very tough to translate into decent pad charts without making them an ITG "arrow on all the beeps" type of chart or a copy of the IIDX chart in 4 arrows.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by t7r » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:15 pm

BLueSS wrote:I gave the last 4 packs of yours a go... and while I like the effort you're putting into the files, they're definitely more ITG/IIDX-hard rather than older DDR style, so they're not really doing it for me.

I've always had the opinion that IIDX songs (and similar styles) that are very intense and fast are very tough to translate into decent pad charts without making them an ITG "arrow on all the beeps" type of chart or a copy of the IIDX chart in 4 arrows.

Yeah I was going for the more modern DDR style in the last 4 packs so they’re noticeably harder and follow almost every IIDX beat compared to my first 3 packs. Nevertheless I still tend to make a few X-scale 9-10’s on Expert here and there.

With BEST-mix coming back I’m probably gonna make X-scale 9-13 files more often lol. Thanks for the comments!
Posting Member

by t7r » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:10 am

First boss song(s) and external pack links (including one without videos) now available.

Pack download links:
* Z-I-v (2020-10-29)
* MEGA.nz, with videos (2020-10-29)
* MEGA.nz, without videos (2020-10-29)
Posting Member