BEST-mix is a DDR & ITG simfile tournament, and is the longest running competition of its type.

FIN. Thanks for all the great memories!


All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSS
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:10 pm 
Posting Member

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:23 am
Posts: 77
Chat review with #Infinity, Blinded No More, Telperion, will-i-am, and Zounder here!

_________________
Image Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSS
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:44 pm 
Posting Member

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:11 pm
Posts: 229
Thanks for the comments on This Christmas. Yes, Telperion got it right when he said I just wanted to step the song. Well, I was experimenting more than anything with toning it down; having gotten a lot of comments about me overstepping things recently, I decided to do just the opposite. Also, I've been getting into music that is just a bit on the chill side for DDR, but hey, ChristmasMix is perfect for chill stuff.

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSS
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:59 pm 
Posting Member

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:57 pm
Posts: 175
That was weird. I just read some pretty nasty criticism of my circumstance and belittling of my simfile. I grant that I do make some repetitive charts but typically I attribute that to repetitive music, it's not like I'm a retard that can only use 1/8th note streams for everything.

For sync "drifting" do you mean the BPM was off and caused the arrows to drift throughout the song? Or is it simply a globaloffset issue, I match my files to the StepMania 4 standard, it's the ONLY standard ever officially endorsed, if it doesn't match your stepmania then I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do about that.

As for ZIV, I was banned because Chewi complained that I called everyone Nigga Jew Fags, whomever didn't know that was a joke is either hypersensitive or ignorant and neither one will get you very far in life. Just be grateful you didn't read some of my old poetry, I've never been PC but I'm also not a hateful person in the least which is why I haven't tried to bypass the ban on ZIV, if it felt deserved then I accept it. The only problems it has caused is inability to respond to PM's, inability to provide the music videos I ripped from DanceDanceRevolution, and I never got the category I requested for "Flow - Urban Dance Uprising" so I've not shared that data yet.

And yeah I guess it really is that we grew up in totally different era's, I grew up in South-East Los Angeles, most of my friends joined gangs, there were no offensive words that we took seriously, my favorite music is Gangsta Rap.

Not that it matters, it's fun to watch a good train wreck although I didn't think mine is very exciting, MJEmzerian's was much more, he practically lead ITG quality for both games then had a meltdown due to the ITG3 team, he even vowed to quit playing dance games forever oh well, "Kill The Noise" is the best file in this pack super-fantastico, oh and I already apologized to Chewi, he tried to get me banned at DDREvolved.com by sending PM's to the admin team, I caught wind and sent him some PM's, if he's still upset with text I typed in a chat room that's his right but I said my peace.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSS
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:13 pm 
Posting Member

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:06 pm
Posts: 318
hellrazor wrote:
As for ZIV, I was banned because Chewi complained that I called everyone Nigga Jew Fags, whomever didn't know that was a joke is either hypersensitive or ignorant and neither one will get you very far in life. Just be grateful you didn't read some of my old poetry, I've never been PC but I'm also not a hateful person in the least which is why I haven't tried to bypass the ban on ZIV, if it felt deserved then I accept it.

Seriously? The fact that you consider such harsh language a joke that people should find funny proves how close-minded you are than anything else. Whether you like it or not, derogatory language like what you spat demeans social minorities and creates a subconscious system of discrimination towards them. You might try to defend using phrases like "nigga jew fags" as just being facetious, but it's not appropriate under any circumstances and you're going to offend a lot of people if you continue to toss these words around like they aren't meant to be taken seriously.

As far as you not being a hateful person, well, you once openly stated that you support gay-bashing because it's "biblical." Granted, that was six years ago, but considering how recent your offensive slur on ziv was, I'm sorry, but you have very little to hide. Please don't try to cover up your position by denying your feelings, because it's not going to get you anywhere. There are other ways of getting your point across than using insulting language that causes others to feel unwelcome. You really shouldn't be surprised that you got banned for the comments you made on ziv.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSS
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:35 pm 
Posting Member

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:57 pm
Posts: 175
#Infinity wrote:
As far as you not being a hateful person, well, you once openly stated that you support gay-bashing because it's "biblical." Granted, that was six years ago, but considering how recent your offensive slur on ziv was, I'm sorry, but you have very little to hide. Please don't try to cover up your position by denying your feelings, because it's not going to get you anywhere. There are other ways of getting your point across than using insulting language that causes others to feel unwelcome. You really shouldn't be surprised that you got banned for the comments you made on ziv.

No bashing is biblically appropriate, and yeah I'm really unsensitive for the most part. I think emo music is well it's different, my favorite songs are pretty cold-blooded and twisted, I find humor in disrupting status quo and I believe that if offensive terms lose their offensive meaning then no words will be able to harm you. I'm not to surprised by the ban on ZIV the funny thing is that my rating is higher now than it was before the ban. Oh and also be grateful you don't see my insensitive facebook posts (they are pretty bad especially considering the friends I grew up with are my facebook friends). Or have you ever watched "The FP" the DDR movie about white future gangstas in So. Cali "Suga Nigga" FTW, I wish I had thought of that as a screen-name, it's on netflix but you'll hate it if your sensitive to words.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSS
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:26 pm
Posts: 878
Location: West Coast, USA
hellrazor,

1) No, "bashing" or mocking others for being different is not appropriate behavior in the Bible.
2) You like causing drama for the sake of it. You have submitted (or tried to submit) songs for simfiles that are completely inappropriate and horrible, just for the sake of being completely offensive.

I was very close to banning you a couple times during the BEST-mix series due to how rude and annoying in general you are. You can blame it from your "so cal roots" all you want, but it's still who and what you've chosen to be.

_________________
[I make the rules around here]


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSS
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:57 am 
Posting Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:45 pm
Posts: 20
Location: United Kingdom
BLueSS wrote:
I was very close to banning you a couple times during the BEST-mix series

do eet :V

(6:34:07 PM) Telperion: I love Aaron
I love you too :3
anyway, thank you guys for the lovely comments <3 I wasnt sure about the file because I used songcut.exe (its handy, you place freeze arrows where you want parts cut out, and then drag the folder onto the program and ~walla~ perfect cut) but yaar, i cut it a few times, wasnt sure if i got the correct bpm for the song, the video was hard to cut too T_T but i'm glad you guys enjoyed it <3 as for Jack O'Lantern, the newer file/s are in parts, I recut it so that the slow part of the song is in one simfile, and the nu-style gabba part is in the 2nd part, and eventually, i'll be going through all my files and recutting them with songcut.exe :3
love you guys, stay awesome <3

_________________
Image
http://www.facebook.com/DDREvolved


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSS
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:40 pm 
Posting Member

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:57 pm
Posts: 175
BLueSS wrote:
hellrazor,

1) No, "bashing" or mocking others for being different is not appropriate behavior in the Bible.
2) You like causing drama for the sake of it. You have submitted (or tried to submit) songs for simfiles that are completely inappropriate and horrible, just for the sake of being completely offensive.

I was very close to banning you a couple times during the BEST-mix series due to how rude and annoying in general you are. You can blame it from your "so cal roots" all you want, but it's still who and what you've chosen to be.

We agree on #1 (the only time I said otherwise was followed by a j/k that was conveniently ignored).
We agree on #2.
Blame it on me being an American, I enjoy my freedom of speech but honstly I don't hate anyone, I really don't, and I don't make offensive comments directed at anybody but instead I make offensive comments in vain. I think our freedom of speech is amazing and I approve of hateful songs such as old Ice Cube, Eazy-E songs or even 'hatecore' music like Skinhead stuff, there's an art to being publicly offensive, I even approve of overly violent and unsensitive video games such as GTA, however acting out is completely different though and I don't at all approve of that. Oh and I don't approve of the Westboro Baptist Church message or even Black Panthers or KKK, that is NOT art and is open hate but I do approve of their ability to say and believe what they want.

Oh and I'm not alone, this guy is a very famous comedian and makes a living making fun of racial slurs and publicly offensive language http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UslK_UFA_zU . I understand websites are run by people who have the right to censor the speech and I accept that but I do not personally approve of censorship in any form or fashion.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSS
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:34 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:26 pm
Posts: 878
Location: West Coast, USA
hellrazor wrote:
Blame it on me being an American, I enjoy my freedom of speech but honstly I don't hate anyone, I really don't, and I don't make offensive comments directed at anybody but instead I make offensive comments in vain. I think our freedom of speech is amazing and I approve of hateful songs such as old Ice Cube, Eazy-E songs or even 'hatecore' music like Skinhead stuff, there's an art to being publicly offensive, I even approve of overly violent and unsensitive video games such as GTA, however acting out is completely different though and I don't at all approve of that.

Westboro followers holding signs is a form of acting out.

Submitting over the top offensive songs to a simfile tournament that is known to not appreciate said type of song is also a form of acting out, just on a much different scale. Nobody on the news is going to talk about a DDR simfile tournament song choice, but these acts have to be appropriate to the level of the community.

Just because you may have a right to walk down the street cursing and being offensive, doesn't mean that it belongs in a (relatively closed) internet community. There is no reason that others have to tolerate or accept your offensiveness, even if you have a right to do it. In real life, one could get physically hurt for saying the wrong offensive words to someone else. In an internet community like this, it comes in the form of a ban.

When a website bans a user, it isn't a violation of anyone's "free speech". Joining a website is akin to becoming a member of a unique community, and those communities usually have their own standards for what's tolerated, what's moral, and what's allowed. A "my little pony" fan website is not simply going to allow a new member to post dead photos of real life ponys in every thread on their website. Que complaints about "oh that person is being censored! this is evil!!!1123#." Banning such a member is exactly what a good example of censorship is. Censorship is a powerful tool that can be used for good or evil; it's not always something that should be shut down. Given your last post, I know you disagree and I acknowledge that. Just a thought, but maybe you should spend more visiting 4chan instead of trying to be offensive on DDR sites. That seems like the open "lack of censorship" community that you're looking for.

_________________
[I make the rules around here]


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:18 am 
Posting Member

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:06 pm
Posts: 318
To be fair, hellrazor hasn't really submitted any simfiles that I've found particularly offensive in a long time; the last remarkable example would be Down 4 My N's in Best-Mix #1, which was five and a half years ago. I just think using words like "nigga," "jew," or "fag" in a satirical or derogatory sense crosses the line of acceptable language use because it's highly demeaning to the minority groups it's referring to. Yes, America is proud of its commitment to free speech, but more importantly, it strives to guarantee the freedom of opportunity and right to life of all its citizens, regardless of their ethnic, religious, or sexual heritage. There's a pretty stark difference between using free speech to contribute to the advancement of social causes and discussion, versus spatting harsh slurs that subliminally assume that the targeted group's opinion doesn't matter. Free speech can be brashly cynical without victimizing social groups for reasons they can't help.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:17 am 
Posting Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:45 pm
Posts: 20
Location: United Kingdom
being a gay guy myself, I find it funny that he supports gay bashing. just for the fact that If he pissed me off enough, I think i'd be able to kick his ass and make him cry, I may try to come across as cute :3 but if someone pisses me off enough and needs to be taught a lesson... i'll punt them in their teeth :V

what else i find hilarious, dont bashers come in groups? why groups, scared that the gay guy might fight back? o:

_________________
Image
http://www.facebook.com/DDREvolved


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:40 pm 
Posting Member

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:57 pm
Posts: 175
Sexy-Candy-Panda wrote:
being a gay guy myself, I find it funny that he supports gay bashing. just for the fact that If he pissed me off enough, I think i'd be able to kick his ass and make him cry, I may try to come across as cute :3 but if someone pisses me off enough and needs to be taught a lesson... i'll punt them in their teeth :V

what else i find hilarious, dont bashers come in groups? why groups, scared that the gay guy might fight back? o:

I don't and never have supported gay bashing. Please don't tell me who or what I am you don't know me, I simply have a twisted sense of humor for the sake of humor. The fact I offended ANYONE alone is enough to bother me, I would have preferred a simple PM to let me know or even a warning, that is the reason I haven't made a second profile to 'ban evade' at ZIV, I accept the ban simply because I know it makes Chewi feel redeemed and I am troubled that I ever caused him emotional distress. If you must know I have very close family members who are gay as well and I love them to death and am happy that their lives are better now than when they were 'in the closet'. I also am a Christian and I believe in UNIVERSAL SALVATION (for EVERYONE without asking), I'm extremely liberal like that.

But I really personally believe offensive words can lose their meaning and that it's funny to use them in non-sensical ways like this comedian http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS1YnbS4uMs but I do understand words can hurt, one time some guy came up to me and called me 'Lurch' in a mean-spirited tone and I lost my temper which was probably the second time in my life that I ever lost my temper but it wasn't the word as much as his tone.

Maybe rather than jumping to conclusions when a misunderstanding arises, attempt to understand the other person, very few people in the world are inherently evil. Oh and I don't consider the protest signs from Westboro as actions and would be very upset if our government took that right away from them, I also don't consider my "Down 4 My N's" to be a racist action, I really REALLY do like that song even though it's completely over the top, I used to drive around playing that song back in the days.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSS
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:20 am 
Posting Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:45 pm
Posts: 20
Location: United Kingdom
hellrazor wrote:
Sexy-Candy-Panda wrote:
I don't and never have supported gay bashing.

Fair enough, doesnt make me want to hit you any less though :3

_________________
Image
http://www.facebook.com/DDREvolved


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSS
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:54 pm 
Posting Member

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:57 pm
Posts: 175
Sexy-Candy-Panda wrote:
hellrazor wrote:
Sexy-Candy-Panda wrote:
I don't and never have supported gay bashing.

Fair enough, doesnt make me want to hit you any less though :3

I'd let you as long as you continue to share your bad-ass simfiles, because at the end of the day that's all I really care about anyways. Oh and get your site back up, I hope I haven't missed any of your work since DDREncore has been down.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012: DOWNLOAD LINK & DISCUSS
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:03 pm 
Posting Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:45 pm
Posts: 20
Location: United Kingdom
hellrazor wrote:
I'd let you as long as you continue to share your bad-ass simfiles, because at the end of the day that's all I really care about anyways. Oh and get your site back up, I hope I haven't missed any of your work since DDREncore has been down.


DDREncore? That wasnt mine, that was Spork! & Razma's stuff... and some other guy, I only made a few graphics for them some years back (ah that was good, Spork! sent me a bag of laffy taffy for making them gfx)

_________________
Image
http://www.facebook.com/DDREvolved


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Moderator: MODS Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Last visit was: It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:40 pm


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net & kodeki