BEST-mix is a DDR & ITG simfile tournament, and is the longest running competition of its type.

FIN. Thanks for all the great memories!


All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:32 pm 
Posting Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:29 pm
Posts: 239
Location: New Jersey
And now, another registration:

Song: The Boy Can Dance
Artist: Afro-Dite

(This is a collab between Juub and I)

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:46 pm 
Posting Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:45 pm
Posts: 20
Location: United Kingdom
Zounder wrote:
As i already asked Rage*, how should we contact you?


You're telling me that infinity couldnt find my email from all the times I've sent him files for packs, or none of you could ask someone on here what someones contact info is? or go to facebook and search someones name, or look in a friends list to see if they have them, or go to Zenius-I-vanisher.com? Its not the most difficult thing in the world.
in all honesty, i feel there was 0% effort in contacting myself, Super_Ray, Rage* or Will-I-Am.

Myself, being the considerate person I am, would have first gone to facebook, seen if Rage* or Super_Ray was online (or anyone else infact) and asked them if they have "insertpersonsnamehere" as a friend on facebook, then sent that person a message saying "Hey, DDREvolved.com is down at the moment so we've moved to Best-mix.net as a temporary home" and if they didnt have them as a friend on facebook, i would have asked if they have them on msn / skype, and if i still couldnt find, i would have googled usernames, or gone to youtube (youtube is how i contacted Titiln last year, and he isnt even part of the DDR community anymore).

_________________
Image
http://www.facebook.com/DDREvolved


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:11 pm 
Posting Member

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:06 pm
Posts: 318
Sexy-Candy-Panda wrote:
Myself, being the considerate person I am, would have first gone to facebook, seen if Rage* or Super_Ray was online (or anyone else infact) and asked them if they have "insertpersonsnamehere" as a friend on facebook, then sent that person a message saying "Hey, DDREvolved.com is down at the moment so we've moved to Best-mix.net as a temporary home" and if they didnt have them as a friend on facebook, i would have asked if they have them on msn / skype, and if i still couldnt find, i would have googled usernames, or gone to youtube (youtube is how i contacted Titiln last year, and he isnt even part of the DDR community anymore).

Frankly, the only person from here I happen to be friends with on facebook right now is the_ditz, so that wouldn't have been an option. I really hate to have to deal with this discussion again, because I already went through enough trouble right before the Simfile Olympics began. I didn't really take any of this into serious consideration because I honestly figured the vast majority of step designers active at DDREvolved.com were also around for Best-Mix Final and therefore would've known about the situation anyway. Even so, my primary intention in the first place was to keep the surviving community at DDREvolved.com alive, not actively expand it. Even the_ditz and Xythar weren't constantly striving to recruit new members when they were in charge of the site.

I'm terribly sorry that you feel offended that nobody contacted you or Rage* about the DDREvolved packs, Aaron, and I hope you understand that I wasn't trying to single you or anybody out. It's just really unfortunate that the original DDREvolved site went down without repair, putting it under fairly dubious circumstances. Since there seems to be a particular demand for it now, I've finally started promoting these packs at zenius-i-vanisher as well, but please keep in mind that I only wanted to keep the status quo after the usual mods/administrators were all gone.

_________________
ImageImage


Last edited by #Infinity on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:13 pm 
Posting Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:29 pm
Posts: 239
Location: New Jersey
I don't think it's #infinity's prerogative to message every single person who has posted on DDREvolved by googling them, for crying out loud. It's not like you'd entered any recent packs. (EDIT: Is your name different on DDREvolved?) Everyone who's been around lately has moved over here.

I should point out I don't mean that as an insult in any way. My point is, the people who have been entering stuff lately on DDREvolved are all here. Me, infinity, Juub, Akira, Telp, etc. Nobody was "notified." Not that we don't want others, of course, but it's not like somebody who has been regularly entering contests was left hanging out to dry here.

It seems like you are making out the situation to be like this:

"Hey, DDREvolved is down, let's move the packs to another site and tell everyone except these guys!"

When it was more like:

"Hey, DDREvolved is down, everyone seems to be here now so let's move the packs here."

Now for somebody who seems so up in arms about not being notified of these packs, please register something! :)

For the record, I'm sorry you feel so hurt, but I think your expectations are a bit over the top here.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Zounder on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:48 am 
Posting Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:05 am
Posts: 10
Location: North West, UK
DDREvolved is down, so of course these things are going to have to happen somewhere else. That's a given. That doesn't mean you should just go ahead and organise things on a site the majority of people aren't even going to think about looking at. Most people only visit the BEST-mix forums during the tournament they were designed to promote. How are people going to know about things if you don't tell them?

Most of us are on ZIV anyway. Even if we haven't logged in for a while we'd still get notified about a message, if one was sent to us. And then there's Facebook, MSN, AIM, email etc. Everybody knows somebody around here, or has had contact with them at some point in the past, which can easily be found. If you can't reach some people, fair enough. But it sounds like nobody even tried. There wasn't even a mention of it on ZIV until yesterday.

I had to pull out of a DDREvolved event earlier this year and told people I'd be busy for a few months, but I said there and then that I'd be doing the End of Year Pack. It'd been planned to be a little different this year, with the hope that it might entice some familiar faces out of the woodwork, even if this was just a one-time deal.

I'm deeply disappointed. I believe there's still a good few years left in the simfile community, but that's the key word. We have to be a community. Maybe it's time we all thought about strengthening our connections across social media? I'm not saying we should all become Facebook BFFs or something, but a Page or a twitter account might be a good idea. :)

_________________
ImageImage


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:28 am 
Posting Member

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:06 pm
Posts: 318
Did you even read my last post, Rage*? I'll state clearly that I'm very sorry that you're so pissed off that nobody went completely out of their way to contact you, but as far as I'm concerned, the vast bulk of the DDREvolved community was also around for Best-Mix Final. I take full responsibility for not warning those uninformed at zenius-i-vanisher that the original DDREvolved website was down, and that is why I have finally announced the community's relocation to best-mix.net.

Now that I've opened up the SpookyMix 2012 vs. Pack and pushed back the deadline for Hits of 2012, you have all the chance in the world to participate in the community again if you'd like. As Zounder already stated before, if you're going to make such a big deal out of not being included in the community, then please actually reserve something and try to finish it.

I hope I don't sound too harsh, but I really wish you would forgive me so that we can proceed with these packs smoothly. You continuing to bicker about what already happened will only hurt the community you care so much about even further.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:31 am 
Posting Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:45 pm
Posts: 20
Location: United Kingdom
#Infinity wrote:
Frankly, the only person from here I happen to be friends with on facebook right now is the_ditz, so that wouldn't have been an option

how come? me, Rage & Ray all have Gary on facebook, why wouldnt it have been an option?

#Infinity wrote:
I'm terribly sorry that you feel offended that nobody contacted you or Rage* about the DDREvolved packs, Aaron, and I hope you understand that I wasn't trying to single you or anybody out. It's just really unfortunate that the original DDREvolved site went down without repair, putting it under fairly dubious circumstances. Since there seems to be a particular demand for it now, I've finally started promoting these packs at zenius-i-vanisher as well, but please keep in mind that I only wanted to keep the status quo after the usual mods/administrators were all gone.

Well, i was offended, i appreciate that you're sorry and stuff, but to me, it feels like theres a group formed, we've never really spoken before, and when a few of us did a chat review it felt like people were ignoring me.

Zounder wrote:
I don't think it's #infinity's prerogative to message every single person who has posted on DDREvolved by googling them, for crying out loud. It's not like you'd entered any recent packs. (EDIT: Is your name different on DDREvolved?) Everyone who's been around lately has moved over here.

If not Infinity's then who's? because no one else is arranging things, if you promote something, you dont keep it to yourself, like we said, there was easy ways of getting in contact with us and no one did.

Zounder wrote:
For the record, I'm sorry you feel so hurt, but I think your expectations are a bit over the top here.

I dont think so, I think if the boot was on the other foot, people would be pissed at me for leaving them out.
ANYWAAAAAY, I've made a group & a page on facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/DDREvolved
http://www.facebook.com/groups/380619095363485/

I'll try and get my bowsers castle simfile sorted for spookymix vs christmas mix, and try and find a nice christmasy song. :)

_________________
Image
http://www.facebook.com/DDREvolved


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:37 am 
Posting Member

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:06 pm
Posts: 318
Sexy-Candy-Panda wrote:
I'll try and get my bowsers castle simfile sorted for spookymix vs christmas mix, and try and find a nice christmasy song. :)

Yes, yes! Let's actually make some progress and have a good time!

_________________
ImageImage


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:30 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:26 pm
Posts: 878
Location: West Coast, USA
Rage*, or anyone else who can answer,

What happened to the site, and is it coming back online anytime soon?
Getting the site up or redirecting at least the domain would be the best solution to all of this.

_________________
[I make the rules around here]


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:10 pm 
Posting Member

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:06 pm
Posts: 318
BLueSS wrote:
Rage*, or anyone else who can answer,

What happened to the site, and is it coming back online anytime soon?
Getting the site up or redirecting at least the domain would be the best solution to all of this.

As you should know if you've visited the site since late September, it's stuck on a blank page. I tried contacting the_ditz to see if he could do anything about this issue, but unfortunately, the only person who has the ability to fix it is tovus, and he hasn't been around in ages, nor has he responded to any of ditz's messages to him regarding the problem. Unless tovus finally comes back after all of this time, the original site is probably down for good.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:38 pm 
Posting Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:45 pm
Posts: 20
Location: United Kingdom
#Infinity wrote:
the only person who has the ability to fix it is tovus, and he hasn't been around in ages



"Monday: 10:07am
Stephen Tovey
Hi mate, to be honest I don't have any time to do it at the moment I'm afraid. Bogged under with normal work and all the editing and production work I do now. Gary did say about it, but I have no idea why it would just go blank like that. Sorry!"

_________________
Image
http://www.facebook.com/DDREvolved


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:25 pm 
Posting Member

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:11 pm
Posts: 229
My friend had a suggestion for what needs to be done to get the site to stop displaying a blank page, I'll have to ask him again...

In the meantime let me register

Song: I Cry
Artist: Flo Rida

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:00 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:26 pm
Posts: 878
Location: West Coast, USA
Sexy-Candy-Panda wrote:
"Monday: 10:07am
Stephen Tovey
Hi mate, to be honest I don't have any time to do it at the moment I'm afraid. Bogged under with normal work and all the editing and production work I do now. Gary did say about it, but I have no idea why it would just go blank like that. Sorry!"

It would literally take a few minutes to put up an index.html page explaining that it's currently down and a link to a temp home. It really sounds like Stephen doesn't care one bit about the site he's hosting.

_________________
[I make the rules around here]


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:39 pm 
Posting Member

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:11 pm
Posts: 229
I have to sympathize with tovus, really. When you have tons of work to do, sometimes small steps you could take aren't so evident, and all you see is the big task. Has that ever been the case this year for me...

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:27 am 
Posting Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:40 pm
Posts: 161
Song title: Taiyou Iwaku Moeyo Kaosu
Artist: Ushiro Kara Haiyoritai G

It has been some time since I last simmed anime song for DDR/ITG :D


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Moderator: MODS Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Last visit was: It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:57 am


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net & kodeki