Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION

Files not related to BEST-mix.

Moderator: MODS

Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION

by Hainaut » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:11 am

In continuing the tradition from DDREvolved.com, I'm going to host a bonus pack for 2012. As with SpookyMix, this simfile pack is NOT a competition and is purely for fun. All entries must have been made or released in the year 2012. You may reserve as many songs as you'd like.

Enter your songs using the following format:

Song Title:
Artist:
Contact Method:
[PM or e-mail]

Send your files to me via PM or e-mailing ddrevolvedentries@gmail.com. All reservations must be submitted to me no later than Monday, January 14th.
Last edited by Hainaut on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Posting Member

Re: Hits of 2012: REGISTRATION

by Hainaut » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:46 am

I'll start off:

Song Title: Days Go By
Artist: The Offspring

Song Title: We Take Care of Our Own
Artist: Bruce Springsteen

Song Title: Why Boy
Artist: Radiorama
Posting Member

by Zounder » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:56 am

Song: Intruder Alert
Artist: Washudoll

Song: Pandora
Artist: Kara

Song: Flower Power
Artist: Girls' Generation

(I will post Spooky mix comments once I finish playing through all the files)
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:12 am

Song: Stormande Hav
Artist: Timoteij

Song: Hot Problems
Artist: Double Take

Last edited by Juub005 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posting Member

by Telperion » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Contact Method: e-mail

Well, here's an assortment~

Song Title: Radioactive
Artist: Imagine Dragons

Song Title: Scream
Artist: Usher

Song Title: Toki (BMS ver.)
Artist: puru

Song Title: Hyper Elastic
Artist: Mootz
Image Image
Posting Member

by Aki » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:00 am

Okay, someone's expecting this:

Song: Iḻ͕̤͔͝l͉̭̼ḙg̴̰̘͇ͅa̛̺̼̫͍̩̳l̝̳̝͙̘͈̥ F͐uͩͬ͗nc͐ͥ͐̓͂ͧti͊̑o̧ͫn͊̃ͦ̀̃ͩͨ C̩̫̤͔͔̩͎al̼̦͈͠l̸̗͍͈̖͕̟ͅ
Artist: U1-ASAMi

And after being obsessed with Wreck-It Ralph...

Song:
When Can I See You Again
Artist: Owl City
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:26 am

Song: "45"
Artist: The Gaslight Anthem

Song: A Fifth of Gangnam
Artist: PSY vs. Walter Murphy
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

by Rage* » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:25 pm

Hiya, we already have plans for (what would have been) the DDREvolved end of year pack, and I have to say I'm very surprised that no attempt was made to contact me or the others.
Posting Member

by Air » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Rage* wrote:Hiya, we already have plans for (what would have been) the DDREvolved end of year pack, and I have to say I'm very surprised that no attempt was made to contact me, or many others that have already expressed an interest.

Yea, same for me too, no one told me Spooky Mix had been moved to here until after the pack was released, i'm not happy with it, i havent released a file in a while and then this suddenly appears without telling others.
Posting Member

by Zounder » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Rage* wrote:Hiya, we already have plans for (what would have been) the DDREvolved end of year pack, and I have to say I'm very surprised that no attempt was made to contact me or the others.

This -is- the DDREvolved end of year pack. As I'm sure you know by now, the site is down, so it's being run here instead. Does anyone here know a way to contact you outside of DDREvolved?

Regardless, you know about this now, so why not register something? :)
Last edited by Zounder on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posting Member

by Zero-X » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:29 pm

Rage* wrote:Hiya, we already have plans for (what would have been) the DDREvolved end of year pack [...]

We? I thought all the active DDREvolved members who still make simfiles were already here. So, what do you have in mind for the pack?

Sexy-Candy-Panda wrote:Yea, same for me too, no one told me Spooky Mix had been moved to here until after the pack was released, i'm not happy with it, i havent released a file in a while and then this suddenly appears without telling others.

An easy solution for this is a SpookyMix vs ChristmasMix 2012 pack, to be released in 2 or 3 weeks. All sims from SpookyMix 2012 can be re-released in this pack, along with the new songs from you an other members who didn't have time to finish theirs. If you really want to step a spooky song, it's not a problem it'll be released a bit late, right?

One more thing (for everyone): if you guys want to keep BEST-mix as a temporary home, until DDREvolved problem is solved (if it'll be solved...), fine, but I honestly think DDREvolved packs/contests should be announced at ZIv more often, starting with this SvC2012 and EOTY2012.
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Rage and Aaron... if the actual DDREvolved website were online it would be way easier to communicate with everyone and defer to whoever is supposed to do what. Honestly the real tragedy is when nobody gets a pack organized and then nobody can submit anything. The community has had downtimes in recent years and we've lost a fair amount of people who may have otherwise kept active. Regarding Spookymix, similar to what Zero-X said, an append pack can always be organized and has been organized in the past for many contests. But I mean, #Infinity's done a really good job at keeping this community of stepfilers (whether under the banner "DDREvolved" or otherwise) going recently, and please be considerate of the fact that keeping in contact with (and in full consideration of) everybody from the past site is not easy to accomplish, especially given that DDREvolved is not online.
Posting Member

by Air » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:49 am

Juub005 wrote:if the actual DDREvolved website were online it would be way easier to communicate

wait, DDREvolved is the only way of communication?

Juub005 wrote:and please be considerate of the fact that keeping in contact with (and in full consideration of) everybody from the past site is not easy to accomplish, especially given that DDREvolved is not online.

being considerate should work both ways, there other ways of contacting people.
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:51 am

Zero-X wrote:An easy solution for this is a SpookyMix vs ChristmasMix 2012 pack, to be released in 2 or 3 weeks. All sims from SpookyMix 2012 can be re-released in this pack, along with the new songs from you an other members who didn't have time to finish theirs. If you really want to step a spooky song, it's not a problem it'll be released a bit late, right?

Hmm, sounds like a fairly awkward idea, considering Halloween is long over. I figure it can't hurt to hold it though, especially since I never even asked about the possibility of a ChristmasMix pack beforehand.

Zero-X wrote:One more thing (for everyone): if you guys want to keep BEST-mix as a temporary home, until DDREvolved problem is solved (if it'll be solved...), fine, but I honestly think DDREvolved packs/contests should be announced at ZIv more often, starting with this SvC2012 and EOTY2012.

To be honest, I was seriously considering promoting the End of Year Pack at zenius-i-vanisher, since there's still a fairly active simfiling community there. I'll admit that the main thing that's held me back is that my own interest in simfile designing has waned a little since the Simfile Olympics and Best-Mix Final, and so I haven't been in an enthusiastic mood to really advertise it. I've tried to keep the DDREvolved community afloat because there are still a handful of people who want to continue, and they needed someone to host everything after the departures of Xythar and the_ditz.

Since a good lot of you suggest it, I'll shortly set up reservations for SpookyMix vs. ChristmasMix 2012 and promote the End of Year Pack at zenius-i-vanisher. Since I'm advertising the End of Year Pack a little late, I'm also going to push the deadline back to Friday, January 11th, so that new members will have time to plan and complete their entries.
Posting Member

by Zounder » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:30 pm

Sexy-Candy-Panda wrote:being considerate should work both ways, there other ways of contacting people.

As i already asked Rage*, how should we contact you? I know I have no idea how to do so outside of the site. I think that was Juub's point.

This is not a matter of being inconsiderate, so please don't interpret it that way. I don't know for sure, but I'm willing to bet #infinity, just like Juub and I, are not sure of how to contact you outside of DDREvolved.
Posting Member

Next