Other competitions?

Files not related to BEST-mix.

Moderator: MODS

Other competitions?

by Lisek » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:18 am

Are there any other simfile competitions alive? I'm especially looking for Pump ones but I'm pretty sure that there are none or Mexican only on private forums.

It's last BEST-mix, Tournamixes are long time dead, StepMix probably won't come around too soon too.
Posting Member

Re: Other competitions?

by Juub005 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:37 pm

Zenius-i-vanisher seems to have a summer competition annually. They're pretty active over there. I would expect r21freak to be active too? Also, DDREvolved's Simfile Olympics just finished, and competitions will probably continue, although it seems like it'll be awhile before the next competition (but not before the next pack - and generally everyone who enters the pack plays the whole pack). DDREvolved is currently hosting an append pack for the Olympics, so anyone who didn't finish files for the Olympic categories during the competition can enter them.
Posting Member

Re: Other competitions?

by Telperion » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:41 pm

The only Pump-format contest I know of that's coming up is SMProject's Official Stepmaking Contest, which will be open to 4-/5-panel formats (and hopefully 6-/8-/10-panel formats as well!)
The SMProject FB group lately seems to have taken a strong Pump exchange role, so if you're feeling lonely it might be a good place to hang out :3

Other sites that regularly host 4-panel comps that I know of are:
r21freak - primarily ITG audience, once a year for the main competition in mid-summer, as well as specialized contests/exchanges throughout the year
Zenius -I- vanisher - primarily DDR audience with some ITG, twice yearly major contests in the summer and winter (sometimes I help officiate over there~)
DDREvolved - primarily DDR audience, 1+ yearly major competitions around the calendar - but news is they are beginning to spin down as well :(

EDIT: well it looks like juuby ninja'd me haha :P
Image Image
Posting Member