[throws in sim bait]

Files not related to BEST-mix.

Moderator: MODS

[throws in sim bait]

by Hiryuu » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:40 pm

[waits for bite]

You need a Bemanistyle account to get this.
Posting Member

by Hiryuu » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:16 pm

Hey since this is clearly getting activity.

Check this out.

Link to the steps itself.

Any suggestions, thoughts, comments, nothing?
Posting Member

by sanchny » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:53 pm

What's with all the mines? You have a good chart behind all the mines. They don't add anything to the file other than make the chart harder to read. Anyone playing at a 9+ level is going to do the 8th and 12th runs easily at that bpm while alternating feet, which renders the mines useless in most of the chart.
Mines are fine, just don't go overboard with them. The chart played better with nomines, but then the few places where the mines weren't unnecessary stood out and were awkward.

I don't have any complaints about the steps themselves. It's a nice, fun, challenging 10 without most of the mines, and I liked it a lot. Which is part of the reason that the mines annoyed me so much- they added nothing to the file and detracted the focus from the steps.
Posting Member

by Sir.Rendr » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:42 pm

Think of mines as candy. If you eat too much, you'll probably end up throwing up all over the carpet. Plus, you'll get your Halloween costume all dirty. No one likes a chocolate covered Hulk Hogan outfit.
Posting Member

by Hiryuu » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:39 pm

sanchny wrote:What's with all the mines?

Yea I said that too when I played Fire Field back in '92. Guess you didn't get the theme.

The mine use there is intended...it isn't thrown in to look pretty or anything like that but if you look closely there is a pattern to it. There is a method behind the mayhem of what is used and when it is used. It is not harshly thrown in there and with reckless abandon. There is actual thought behind this.

Focus drag? Of course...this is an intended use some times of mining, also known as noise mining. There is a VERY fine line to walk between acceptable and just plain stupid overtsusurvivorgamush though. :\

A lot of people that are used to playing DDR without mines or who are not used to mines I suppose wouldn't get this unless they've taken the time to get used to them. I expect critics of this and, as you've used, there is always mines off.

But seriously...it's freaking Fire Field. What did you expect? Seriously.
Posting Member