New hobbies outside of simfiles?

Stuff outside the world of simfiles.

Moderator: MODS

Re: New hobbies outside of simfiles?

by Jezendar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Well, becoming a Brony about three months ago had an interesting side effect on me: being drawn in by the fanbase, rather than the cartoon itself, has rekindled my old love of drawing. Which resulted in my five-year-old deviantART account receiving its first uploaded image about two months ago. For whatever it may be worth, the current number of uploaded pictures would be 21, the most important of which (from this forum's point of view) would likely be this one, which is the basis for iNSaNiTY's banner and background.

In addition to this, I've also been (slowly) creating a Warhammer 40K Space Marine army and tinkering with the SDK for Fallout 3. What can I say, I've always liked creating stuff. That's part of the reason why I got into simfiles in the first place.
I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam. - Popeye the Sailor Man
Posting Member

by CatchRothy22 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:58 pm

I'm back from the dead! I'm glad I found this thread. Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I used to run a site called RebirthBemani.com and was pretty deep into the simfile community ~7 years ago. I'd be one of the people you mentioned that have moved on from the community, but stumbled upon this just going to ddrei.com out of curiousity.

Since I've left, I got way into Counter-Strike, graduated high school, dropped out of college, and started my career as a software engineer (web mostly- PHP/MySQL). Hobbies include skateboarding, Call of Duty, being involved in my church, and getting nostalgic when going to the movie theater and seeing an old DDR machine in the arcade.

by Zounder » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:17 pm

BLueSS wrote:Ticket To Ride

!!!

I too am obsessed with that game. i have it on steam and on my phone, in addition to about 6 different board versions/expansions.

But anyway, my hobbies are pretty much the same they've always been: Video games (this includes steam, my ID is Zounder1002), sports (mostly fantasy (American) football and the occasional pickup baseball game), bike riding/running, beach trips, reading, and of course, like Juub, math!

I keep telling myself I need to finally actually learn guitar or some kind of instrument (I played trumpet years ago) but I never seem to stick to it for more than about a week. Maybe that will happen eventually.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:52 pm

CatchRothy22 wrote:I'm back from the dead! I'm glad I found this thread. Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I used to run a site called RebirthBemani.com and was pretty deep into the simfile community ~7 years ago.

Well, I certainly remember you! :) You used to be really active too, and made some fun files (iirc).
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Hiryuu » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:49 am

Actually, this is a rather interesting thing to go through from what's changed in the past ten or so years.

So most of my stuff I at least chronicled in some form or another on YT, at least in the extent of if it was presentable or not in various playlists.

A few notables though that were especially creative, however, were either my small contribution to the FamiTracker community or my current contributions for Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart which I have not debuted an official pack just yet but am working to get it taken care of for an intro by the end of the year.

(click-to-zoom)

That was the most recent one I finished, actually, back a couple weeks ago. I've got another one I'm in the middle of, a pitched project, and at least two more that I'm going to finish before the pack's released to the public, if I so decide.

FT, on the other hand, I've not really done a whole hell of a lot with as of late, mostly because I lack the actual music design capacity past doing recreations. I did at least try to do a few that weren't straight up 'copies' but they're kinda 'eh'.
Image / Image
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:52 am

Hiryuu wrote:my current contributions for Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart.

Hey, I know that thing! It's a fun little racing game.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Hiryuu » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:29 pm

I have Lythero to thank for that. Got a private server up and running with others and then dug into the back end only to find how similar it was to the DOOM stuff I did way back in the day. Didn't take long for me to get hooked on both ends of the spectrum.
Image / Image
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:21 am

I bought a shitload of musical instruments, only half of which I know how to play.

I also do font design now.
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

by Air » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:45 am

Hobbies outside of simfiles and DDR? hmmm, gaming, baking, dancing (real dance, not 4 arrow stuff :3)
Posting Member

by Kewing » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:20 pm

In my case, nothing too different from I usually did.
Got more into illustration and fanzine organizing, and eventually quit, still the usual gaming/comic/manga from time to time, and recently got a bit more into Arcade stuff, specially Bemani; to the point of buying a few cabs :lol:
Why do you need SEGA Original Hedgehogs...?
Posting Member

Previous