CAUTION: This May Disturb You

Stuff outside the world of simfiles.

Moderator: MODS

CAUTION: This May Disturb You

by Sir.Rendr » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:22 pm

Front page BMS article.

Loserbait wrote:Potential "God of War" movie maker Brett Ratner would really like to make a "Guitar Hero" movie.

But the "X-Men" and "Rush Hour" director doesn’t think Activision would want him to.

"I love 'Guitar Hero' and I think it’s a part of pop culture. I would love to do a 'Guitar Hero' movie, if Activision would ever let me. I'm trying to convince them, but why would you have a movie screw up such a huge franchise? Not that I would make a bad movie. So that would be cool, to do a 'Guitar Hero' movie."

And here is his idea for the plot:

"It could be about a kid from a small town who dreams of being a rock star and he wins the ‘Guitar Hero’ competition. One of these dreams-[come-true] kind of concepts."

Source: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008...tar-hero-movie/

RATED R:
TEEN VIOLENCE
STUPIDITY
IMPROPER USE OF INSTRUMENT PERIPHERALS
Posting Member

by Hiryuu » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:32 pm

I can't stop laughing.

Also this is more inclined to disturb.
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:49 pm

Hiryuu wrote:I can't stop laughing.

Also this is more inclined to disturb.

That idiot should have been put in the slammer for life over that bullsh*t. You can't take a few minutes away from a video game to take care of your kid? sheesh!
Posting Member

by Hiryuu » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:36 am

Well, it's pretty much on par with the mentality for something like this...

Rule about human intelligence: for as great as the pursuit of knowledge is, there must be an equal or great force in the pursuit of stupidity.
Posting Member

by chewiiii » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:57 pm

It was very disturbing. :roll:

Actually, I find that idea weird. :|
Posting Member

by creativename » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:25 am

Someone was telling me about this. My face pretty much was a mixture of :shock: , o.O? , and :roll:

Not interested
Posting Member

by Sir.Rendr » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:44 pm

I'm a bit late on this one, but it's not like anyone seriously cares anyway.

More phail from bemanistyle wrote:We thought he was kidding, but we are all oh so wrong:

Director Brett Ratner has been plenty vocal about wanting to develop a movie based on the game Guitar Hero. But Activision, the company that owns the franchise, isn't going for it. "I'd really like to do it, but they're not letting me," he tells EW.com. "I expressed my interest, but because it's such a success, it's like now there's no reason to make a movie about it." Ratner is a big fan of the game, incorporating it into videos he's directed for Miley Cyrus and Mariah Carey, and he envisioned a story about a small-town kid who dreams of fame and wins a Guitar Hero competition. "The game is wish-fulfilling, everyone can be a rock star." But despite the setback, Ratner is not giving up hope. "I might prevail," he says. "I usually do."

Maybe if he'd fit a Power Glove in there we might have something.

Thanks anyway, Activision.

(Relevant comic regarding this...thing: http://fanboys-online.com/index.php?comic=297)

Source: http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008...pening...yet%22

Ok, I'll admit, if this replaces Wall-E at your local theatre anytime soon, then you'd want to care.
Posting Member