FINAL RESULTS - 3 WINNERS (and 1 Runner Up)!

Experimental judging, high quality files and FUN!

FINAL RESULTS - 3 WINNERS (and 1 Runner Up)!

by BLueSS » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:44 pm

And as of right now all of you are collectively saying "what the heck is he doing?"

Official Winner of BEST-mix 1.5
Time to Move - Spork!

Final Round Votes:
Time to Move - 7
With Your Smile - 4

Runner Up
With Your Smile - Super_Ray

Remember back at the beginning of this whole thing, when I was saying this tournament was about fun? Yeah, while the brackets were playing out to determine the official winner, there was that "unofficial" thread I made regarding which file was the most fun. This is something I had planned from the beginning! It is not somehow "Oh, Spork! shouldn't have won, so I need two more winners." So saying that, two files stood out above the rest from the thread:

Tally of votes from the FUN thread.

Secondary Winners of BEST-mix 1.5
CHOU! - Titiln

Artillery - Chmurek

Both of these files are the Secondary winners of BEST-mix 1.5! This is not meant to say in any way that Spork! didn't win fair and square, because he did. This is saying that sometimes there are additional songs that sometimes get beat out due to one bad chart, or one missing feature, or less than par graphics.
In this case, these two polished files got beat by the draw of the brackets, but when asked what files were the most fun, these ones clearly stood out.

This is NOT to say that Time to Move was in someway not fun. It was fun as well (otherwise people wouldn't have voted for it)! But since there wasn't a "top 10" sort of ranking, there needed to be a way to recognize the other top files in the tournament.

I want to congratulate everyone in this tournament! The quality of files was very high and as many people have posted there were a lot of fun files. Yes, I did some experimental "judging" techniques this time around, and I would appreciate any post-tournament feedback. Sometimes things look different once it's over, so let me know what you guys really liked and didn't like.

Once summer (for us north hemi-sphere'ers) comes, BEST-mix 2 will be ready to go. Expect things to stay anonymous, but if you want to see something brought back from an old tournament (rules, judging style, anything) throw it out.

Thank you to everyone who entered and a BIG thanks to everyone who wrote up reviews for the brackets. If I'm forgetting anything, it's not intentional, I promise. :wink:

I'll see you all in a couple months.
Until then, keep making fun files!
-BLueSS

EDIT: FULL LIST OF ENTRANTS!
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Super_Ray » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:52 pm

Fistly, congrats to Spork! That was a very well made file nd I thought it was alot of fun!
Second, thanks to everyone who supported "With your Smile". It went alot further than I expected it to.
I thought Chou! would pretty much pwn it in the 2nd round for sure.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:57 pm

Spork! has forfeited the $10 Prize, so it will go to the runner up, Super_Ray. (in the case Super_Ray doesn't want it, I'll do a coin flip for the two secondary winners)
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:14 pm

Super_Ray was happy enough to do as well as he did that he decided to let the $10 prize go the coin flip.

Artillery was tails
CHOU! was heads

coin flip result: HEADS
The prize (once again) goes to Titiln!

PS: Please don't make me buy another SA account. :lol:
Site Admin

by hellrazor » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:17 pm

What a fun and well executed competition. Congrats to everyone.

I'm also pleased that most of you recieved my 'experimental simfile' (This Ain't A Scene in case you don't bother looking it up) well, I knew the video was bad and off-sync but it's an issue with ripping from DVD that the video played faster than the audio, but I made another copy using a different codec and it turned out somewhat better. Feel free to replace the existing video with this one:

http://download.yousendit.com/A0476743412906F4

Ebisumaru, are you going to add a video for 4 Minutes, I love that file and song.
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:41 pm

AHAHAHAHAHA YOU MADE THAT WHAT

That's awesome.
Posting Member

by Xythar » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:42 pm

Glad to see Chou! and Artillery get the recognition they deserve.

A shame I didn't place, but them's the breaks :( I was really thinking all the way up to the final 4 that I might have a shot at it. Oh well, in any case huge thanks to the people who helped me get that far and the one person other than me who voted for Butterfly in the final 4. :P
Posting Member

by Aki » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:06 pm

why am I expecting that Hellrazor did that file?

and.. Sir.Rendr, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN! *shakes fist*

xDDDDDDD
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:11 pm

Wow, some of these authors really surprise me tbh. :o Was The Party by jammitch!?
Posting Member

by Spork! » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:14 pm

I'm pretty surprised that it ended this way, At the beginning I laid all bets on Artillery. Thanks for the votes everyone, I hope to not disappoint in future contests :)

Congrats to everyone who entered, I'm glad to see everyone enjoying these, even with some drama. (Wow, Chou was brought up a lot more AFTER it was disqualified)
Posting Member

by tammie » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:22 pm

hellrazor wrote:Ebisumaru, are you going to add a video for 4 Minutes, I love that file and song.

thanks yeah i think so i wanted to include a video with the file but it had not been released at the time!!
Posting Member

by t7r » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:27 pm

WTF Sir.Rendr did OTSO OTSO?!

I did oratio?!
Posting Member

by Titiln » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:39 pm

BLueSS wrote:The prize (once again) goes to Titiln!

MONEY MONEY YEAH YEAH
could you send this to whoever wins another tournament 2? if you win you won't even have to send it anywhere!
same as it ever was
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:56 pm

haha, the prize has now been officially transfered to the winner of Another Tournament 2.
Site Admin

by RVN-G » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:38 am

Congrats to Spork! and Super_Ray! ;)

Much like many have said, I'm really surprised at the revealed authors. Some of my guesses are right, some are really off. :P (For instance, Super_Ray's With your Smile, which I really thought it was made by t7r, never thought that hellrazor did that fun aerobics simfile (insert long title here), etc.)

Akira wrote:and.. Sir.Rendr, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN! *shakes fist*

xDDDDDDD

tsugaru7reveng wrote:WTF Sir.Rendr did OTSO OTSO?!
Ditto. :lol:
Posting Member

Next