Bracket 1 - Rating and Discussion

Experimental judging, high quality files and FUN!

by Juub005 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:14 pm

If I see an unintentional doublestep it makes me think the author was randomly slapping arrows down (or at least sloppy in his doublechecking) rather than putting some thought, regardless of what the true intent was.

I'm not getting this [edit: the board emoticon script put a really ugly face here that wasn't intended]... You're saying that even if it was intentional (end of quote) the doublestep was unintentional (beginning)? In any case if you mean it's awkward to play, I get what you're saying. But otherwise, if the doublesteps are just kind of there and you're noting their presence, I don't see what harm they would cause in the charts if it's not blatant what they're doing there.
Posting Member

by x0_000 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:22 pm

I'm saying that the doublesteps *appear* unintentional to me. They might not have been, without any confirmation/denial from the author, but my interpretation is that they weren't intentional and therefore signs of carelessness. I hope that clarifies my point.
Posting Member

by k//eternal » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:09 pm

Noting a couple things here (will check later if this applies to other brackets but may not have time); several files' ratings are lowered by people's expectations of what Light/Standard/Heavy should be. It seems to me that even in DDR there's a fair amount of fluctuation there, and the foot rating should be the standard used. (On the other hand, if Heavy is easier than Standard, that's rather weird and probably careless.)

Continuing the doublestep conversation above, I think Juub has it nailed; it's unnecessary to assume these are accidental, especially if in pad play they aren't disruptive. Some instances where I see doublestepping noted in x0's reviews (which are very thorough and I respect them; don't take this too negatively), it can be done on adjacent lower-valued notes (i.e. you doublestep a 4th instead of an 8th) which makes the pattern more natural. It also might be obvious to the creator that it's intentional, but it's often hard to convey what you have in mind with sufficient clarity.

Also, some people are noting "inconsistencies"--while this is sometimes a problem, please consider the possibility that no viable alternative exists.

Overall, I think the reviews have been done pretty well. A couple gripes, but quite detailed for the most part, and often informative.

9/10 :P
Posting Member

by Sir.Rendr » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:21 pm

lol, a review on the reviews.

10/10 :wink:
Posting Member

by x0_000 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:35 pm

Recursion is fun, admittedly.
Posting Member

Previous