SPRING BREAK!

Experimental judging, high quality files and FUN!

by Oni-91 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:34 pm

I don't have enough time to love! I'm too busy working!
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:14 pm

Oni-91 wrote:I don't have enough time to love! I'm too busy working!

QFT

I'm personally astonished by the fact that you're only giving us until this Wednesday to review ALL 3 CHARTS + Presentation - not everyone is on Spring Break right now, not everyone has that much time up their hands, and not everyone wants to be spending 100% of their time playing this pack. The short deadline won't allow many reviews to come through and may easily lead to inaccurate, non-feedback-producing results if not everyone gets a fair chance to post a review. I'd personally love to post a public review, but with school going on, I've hardly even played anything yet. I really don't think this will be a very successful competition unless the deadline is extended until at least past the next weekend.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:56 pm

#Infinity wrote:
Oni-91 wrote:I don't have enough time to love! I'm too busy working!

QFT

I'm personally astonished by the fact that you're only giving us until this Wednesday to review ALL 3 CHARTS + Presentation - not everyone is on Spring Break right now, not everyone has that much time up their hands, and not everyone wants to be spending 100% of their time playing this pack. The short deadline won't allow many reviews to come through and may easily lead to inaccurate, non-feedback-producing results if not everyone gets a fair chance to post a review. I'd personally love to post a public review, but with school going on, I've hardly even played anything yet. I really don't think this will be a very successful competition unless the deadline is extended until at least past the next weekend.
#Infinity, chill!

I've said several times already that if we don't get enough in by Wednesday, then it will be extended. I'm not going to arbitrarily just continue with 1 review just to stick to the deadline. There are a lot of files in this pack, so 1 week is a very short time to do so.

However, this is why it's broken up into 7 separate groups. If you don't have time to review them ALL, just do a pack that doesn't have a review yet. I know it's not "universal spring break week" as everyone has it at different times. I'm fully aware of that.

If you don't have time for full reviews, there are the partial reviews (heavy + presentation) that count as well. So I've made it as easy as possible to review some of the files and still contribute. But, if I do get a bunch in by Wednesday and yours doesn't get in yet, I'm not going to wait. If you have time to do it, then do it. If not, then hopefully someone else will. If nobody does, we keep waiting.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Hainaut » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:21 am

I was aware that the deadline could easily extend if there aren't enough reviews, I just wanted to make sure that I got the fair chance to review before everyone currently on Spring Break got in beforehand.

While I think the reviews so far have been good, this system favors faster (not longer) reviews a bit much imo and I would like to give credit to those who spend more time as well. Just a tip for the future, as I personally prefered the original format in Best-Mix 1 with the judges so long as we aren't too unlucky with them.
Posting Member

Previous