BEST-mix 1.5 - Spring Break!

Experimental judging, high quality files and FUN!

by x0_000 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:42 pm

Yes, you are supposed to upload it somewhere and PM him the link. That's what I did, at least.
Posting Member

by Uiru » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:25 am

Sent!
~Uiru
Posting Member

by Jezendar » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:33 am

Looks like I will unfortunately be missing this competition. Work on the song I had originally registered was never actually started, as I was too busy with other things. So, last week, I changed my entry to the song I had originally registered for the first Best Mix. This simfile was well underway and is now complete. But, while checking some things on the net, I discovered a new problem. Last December, Konami released DDR Universe 2 for the X-BOX 360. The songlist for this game includes "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand. As you're probably guessing, this was the song I had been working on. Thus my entry, which would have been legal for the first Best Mix, is not a legal entry for this one.

On a more upbeat note, I do like this site's new appearance. I'm guessing this change is the reason I couldn't access the site last night?
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:39 am

Jezendar wrote:The songlist for this game includes "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand. As you're probably guessing, this was the song I had been working on. Thus my entry, which would have been legal for the first Best Mix, is not a legal entry for this one.

On a more upbeat note, I do like this site's new appearance. I'm guessing this change is the reason I couldn't access the site last night?

Ah, I still would have let you put it in. :?

Thanks. :) Actually no, the downtime was because Dreamhost (our hosting) was doing a massive 12 hour server move that I previously was unaware of. Cheap hosting comes with a different type of price. Oh well, It's back up now. :P
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Hainaut » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:55 am

BlueSS, I do suggest that you remodel the site a bit sooner (or later - in between the deadline and release) in the future because this could easily mess up the plans of some participants who planned to submit their file on the second to last day because they were too busy the last.

That aside however, I do really like the new appearance, as it's far flashier than what we originally used for Best-Mix #1, so good job with that! :)

Anyway, I'll submit my file later tonight. All-in-all, this sounds like it's gonna be an awesome pack!
Posting Member

by DGJ » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:12 am

but he already said the downtime was because of a server move, not the site remodel??
Image Image
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:24 am

#Infinity wrote:BlueSS, I do suggest that you remodel the site a bit sooner (or later - in between the deadline and release) in the future because this could easily mess up the plans of some participants who planned to submit their file on the second to last day because they were too busy the last.

See above post. :D

Anyway, in the case of the server being down during contest deadlines and such, I will delay the deadlines to make sure that everyone has a chance to get it in.
Site Admin

by TakeWalker » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:55 pm

Waugh, suddenly orange!

Actually, I think this looks quite good, it woke me up!
Posting Member

by Lisek » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:19 pm

Good luck for everyone who is entering. I hope that we will get many high quality simfiles, just like in Best-Mix#1.
Posting Member

by C Jota » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:24 pm

Just submitted mine, I hope its not too late :(
Posting Member

by Spork! » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:07 pm

Well, it's Sunday, and I feel impatient ;)

I'm going to mentally prod everyone until the pack is released. And then I am going to cry at how great everything is compared to mine. GOD I love these things.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:26 pm

haha, I get home and I'm greeted by 14 PM's... if they're all submissions, we're in for a good sized pack! :lol:
Site Admin

by Sir.Rendr » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:31 pm

Thank you for coming home late because I just submitted mine. :wink:
Posting Member

by Aki » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:28 am

the suspense is killing us... and whoa... everything is orange O_o
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:00 am

Holy. Crap.
Out of 38 registries at the end, 32 files are completed (with one or two more arriving soon possibly).

:shock:
This is the highest percentage of entrants that have finished in the history of any simfile competition I've been a part of.

Because there are so many high quality files in this pack, it may turn out to be a two week competition, depending on how things work out. I did not expect this many entrants for this tournament (I was thinking about 15 received and finished) but I have enjoyed every file.

More teasers to add to the suspense. :P
Site Admin

PreviousNext