ANONYMOUS - Public Review

Registration now open!

ANONYMOUS - Public Review

by BLueSS » Mon May 03, 2021 7:40 pm

All registered users (whether you entered or not) will be able to vote or judge the files based on choosing one of the 3 following options. No matter which option you chooise, you must equally evaluate all of the songs in a bracket to provide fairness. The reviews that take longer will grant more points to the files.

PR Option 1: Write a Complete Review of all songs in the bracket (assigning 25 points/song)
- Expert chart (10 points) Write a description of what you liked and disliked with the charts, explaining your score.
- Hardest non-Expert chart (10 points)
- Presentation (5 points) Write a description of what you liked and disliked with the artwork.
- Tilt / Preference (±1 point) for ANY reason, but you have to explain it.

NOTE: "Presentation" includes REQUIRED artwork as stated in these rules. Optional additions (videos, cd titles, etc) can only ADD to a score. You cannot take away points from a file because it didn't include enough extras compared to another file.

PR Option 2: Write a Partial Review of all songs in the bracket (15 points/song)
This is the same as above, but only for the EXPERT chart. This is NOT the "hardest" chart.
- Expert chart (10 points) Write a description of what you liked and disliked with the charts, explaining your score.
- Presentation (5 points) Write a description of what you liked and disliked with the artwork. (SEE NOTE ABOVE)
- Tilt / Preference (±1 point) for ANY reason, but you have to explain it.

PR Option 3: Approval Vote (5 points/song)
This is the quick route. You vote for as many songs from the bracket as you want.
Each vote = 5 points for each song you vote for.

PM ME YOUR ANONYMOUS PUBLIC REVIEW AND I WILL POST IT HERE.
IF YOUR SONG IS IN THE PACK, IN YOUR ANONYMOUS REVIEW SAY "I'm the simfile artist of X"
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

Re: ANONYMOUS - Public Review

by BLueSS » Mon May 03, 2021 7:41 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Approval Vote From ANONYMOUS AUTHOR of "MY HEAD & MY HEART":

+5
Upside Down (Almighty Club Remix)
AIRHEAD
Everyday Jumping
SHAKE IT OFF (The Factory Team Speed Mix)
Candy (Twekz Remix)
HOW TO BE A HUMAN
Waratte Pon
ARE YOU READY TO FLY (Almighty Master Mix)

honorable mentions
SOMEONE YOU LOVED
TetraQ
Cheers To Us
Karma (Electric Fountain)
Chewingood!!!
Whine & Kotch
ROCK U (feat. Namie Amuro)
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Wed May 05, 2021 6:29 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Approval Vote From ANONYMOUS AUTHOR of "Pretty Green Eyes":

How to be a human
Out of the Sky
Rock U
Shake it off
Someone you loved
Upside Down
Waratte Pon
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Wed May 05, 2021 6:34 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Approval Vote From ANONYMOUS AUTHOR of "ARE YOU READY TO FLY (Almighty Master Mix)":

AIRHEAD
ROCK U
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Wed May 05, 2021 6:36 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Partial Review From ANONYMOUS AUTHOR of [you'll find out below]:

Airhead / girls@play - 12/15

Expert: 7/10
Nothing special, but kinda fun on pad. The 16th gallops make this interesting enough to not be too boring.

Presentation: 5/5
Graphics look fine, video is kinda low-quality but presumably not available in higher quality.

Tilt: 0

ARE YOU READY TO FLY (Almighty Master Mix) / ROZALLA - 8/15

Expert: 4/10
A lot of the 16ths are misplaced. The beginning with the freezes was interesting, but unfortunately the lack of movement and the stagnant difficulty curve make this a really boring chart.

Presentation: 4/5
The graphics look kinda bare but they do their job.

Candy (Twekz Remix) / Aggro Santos feat. Kimberly Wyatt - 14/15

Expert: 8/10
Very fun chart. I like that you didn't hold back with 16ths & crossovers.

Nice graphics. I like the "come and get you some".

Tilt: +1
Good usage of background videos.

Cheers To Us / HAYWOOD ft. LOOTE - 10/15

Expert: 5/10
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with this chart, and it is a nice 4, but it's honestly just too easy and boring for a EXPERT chart. There was a lot more potential in the song to make a nice 6/7.

Very pretty graphics that fit very well with the song.

Chewingood!!! / TORIENA - 14/15

I like the emphasis on crossovers & movement in general. A bit harsh maybe for an 8 but still very fun.

Graphics fit well to the song.

Very fun Challenge chart!

Everyday Jumping / RICHARD GREY & LISSAT - 13/15

Nice chart. Not much to say, I liked the "Jump" part and the ending with the 16th jumps the most. I wish this chart was a BIT harder but it's fine like it is.

Nice basic graphics. I like the colors.

Good usage of background videos.

GOOD GIRL / HyunA - 8/15

Expert: 3/10
Offsync and overall very unremarkable. Song cut is too long and as a result it really drags on and the chart was not even that interesting to begin with. I liked how the ending of the slowdown was timed.

Really clean graphics.

HOW TO BE A HUMAN / POWERMAN 5000 - 12/15

Fun. The repeated patterns are a two-edged-sword, I get what you were going for with how it relates to the song and it does fit but it makes playing that chart a bit too repetitive.

I like how the banner and the background are different but still fit very well to the song and the background video.

Karma (TOTA US Intro) / Bump of Chicken - 10/15

Expert: 6/10
Nothing particular wrong with the chart itself, but the song cut is too long and the chart does not vary enough to keep itself interesting enough. However, I liked how some parts were stepped, particularly the last part of the song.

The fonts look a bit basic but it does fit to the song.

Karma (Electric Fountain) / Akitaka Tohyama - 15/15

Expert: 10/10
Fantastic chart. Works very well with the song & uses everything it has to offer, but still does not feel too overloaded. Great 16th usage, very cute spin, nice difficulty curve. This is how you do oldschool charts right!

Simple yet effective graphics that fit well to the song.

I'd have given this +1 Tilt for various reasons (great song pick, really good Difficult chart) but this already reached 15 points. Great job to whoever made this.

Last Surprise (You'll Never See It Coming) / Shoji Meguro featuring Lyn Inaizumi - 9/15

This chart does a lot of things right, but some detrimental things really drag this down. The steps immediately starting with the song (big no no), the weird 16th's in the chorus that don't fit to the vocals at all (should have been just all 8ths), the ending which could have certainly had more steps, and steps going with the fadeout. Yet I still see a lot of potential in this chart and it was a bit fun.

Presentation: 3/5
Fitting graphics, but the resolution of the graphics is really low and unfortunately very blurry.

I am giving this +1 Tilt for the Challenge chart, which is not perfect (still has the WEIRD 16ths) but is way better than the Expert. This should have been the Expert chart IMO as there is a lot more going on. I also like the song pick.

MY HEAD & MY HEART / AVA MAX - 10/15

Too monotonous and predictable. The steps fit to the song, but this chart feels way too safe.

Good graphics, nothing special but fitting to the song.

OUT OF THE SKY (ANDRES SANCHEZ REMIX) / LANGE & SARAH HOWELLS - 13/15

Not bad at all. The 16th gallops in the chorus are pretty fun to do on pad. I liked the drills at the ending too. I wish the song cut was a bit shorter and some of the less interesting parts were cut out.

The banner is a bit lazy as it's only text but I don't mind it too much and the art is pretty.

Nice song pick.

Pretty Green Eyes / Ultrabeat - 11/15

Not a lot to say. I like the steps, but don't like the weird stops. Could have used more movement.

Nothing special but it fits to the song.

QUIERO L'AMOR / PAUL HARRIS - 13/15

Nice movement & crossovers. I liked the repeated patterns in the chorus and the jacks just before the chorus. I'd say this maybe too long of a cut but I don't mind it too much.

Clean.

Great Challenge chart! Really twisty.

ROCK U (feat. Namie Amuro) / ravex - 14/15

Very bold chart! I like that you didn't hold back with the 16ths and the movement. Playing the chart the first time was a bit overwhelming but when you get the movement down it's pretty fun!

Basic graphics but they do their job. I like how the font for the feat. (moonrunes) look.

Nice double charts! The double Expert chart is REALLY fun, I particularly liked the pad transitions!

SHAKE IT OFF (The Factory Team Speed Mix) / HANNA - 14/15

Expert: 9/10
Not the most technical or complicated chart, but it does EXACTLY what you want from the song! Crazy fun on pad.

Really nice graphics that fit very well to the Dancemania feel.

SOMEONE YOU LOVED / ALI SPAGNOLA FEAT. MAXNOSLEEVES - 12/15

Fine chart that doesn't get boring despite the chorus repeating. I like how you mixed up the parts before the choruses (specifically the 2nd one) with the 8ths.

That face haunts me every night since I played this. Nice effort with the backgrounds.

TetraQ / TaQ - ??/??

I'm the simfile artist of TetraQ.

Upside Down (Almighty Club Mix) / A★Teens - 12/15

Nothing special. Steps fit to the song, but weren't particularly interesting outside of the last part with the 16ths.

Good graphics. I like the 3D effect in the background.

Really pretty background animations. Are these custom? If so, that's a lot of effort, so this definitely deserves the +1 tilt. I like how they looked very oldschool (1st-5th mix animation style).

Waratte Pon / From Bust A Groove - 13/15

Cute chart, but harder than you would think given the song. Much more tiring than it looks actually! I liked the hold 6 jump usage.

The graphics do fit to the song, but the graphics honestly do feel a bit low-effort, especially considering the background.

Nice Challenge chart! In fact, I wish this was the Expert chart. It's even harder, but just as much fun, if not even more.

Whine And Kotch / Charly Black & J Capri - 12/15

Very fitting chart to the song with the chaos and movement. Several cute things sprinkled throughout the chart such as the really short freeze in the beginning to that sound. The chart is a bit too repetitive due to the chorus repeating multiple times but it's not too bad. Considering the horrible (IMO, don't kill me) song choice I am surprised how much I enjoyed this actually.

Excellent graphics, animated banner & fitting background to that...video.

Site Admin

by BLueSS » Wed May 05, 2021 6:42 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Partial Review From ANONYMOUS AUTHOR of "Whine & Kotch":

Airhead
Expert 8/10
This was a pretty fun chart. I didn't mind the double step just after bar 43, but thought the following section with the blue notes going to guitar were a little boring? but it was only that section. The rest of the chart has a nice balance between the vocals and music. This song would fit in perfectly with CHEESEMIX.

Presentation 4/5
I think the font works really well for the title. Usually when people think of air or wind making a movement, they have these sorts of tiny lined/patterns on them. The art reminds me a little of something you'd see in a home version (perhaps DDR EX2 or SuperNOVA1/2)

12/15

Are You Ready To Fly (Almighty Master Mix)
Expert 7/10
This was interesting. The song itself reminded me a bit of "Set You Free" by NTrance with it's vocals, the chart reminded me of those DDR charts that following patterns but don't? like LOVIN' YOU & Fantasy (MAX2) missing the obvious rhythms and doing something different with it. I didn't think it was bad, I didn't enjoy the parts switching that switched between red, red, blue blue, red red (think So Deep if they were 8th gallops instead) It's used at bar 35, and 39 then a few times later.

Presentation 3/5
I really like the art, even if it's an image that was found online. The wireframe looks good with the text/colors.

10/15

Candy (Twekz Remix)
Expert 8/10
I got quite a bit of enjoyment out of this, the only part I didn't really enjoy were the parts around bar 48? It felt like it was stepped to some sounds that are overpowered by other sounds, but nevertheless, Still a very enjoyable chart.

Presentation 4/5
I'd give this a 4/5 for the art, and and 5/5 for the video script. I liked the dog video popping up on the "Oo Oo" vocals, and the rapper video playing when the guy was rapping, it was a lot of fun. The art tho, I think the image behind the sweet rapper looks nice and would have liked to have seen it brighter? It's very dark, to a point where I feel it may as well have been black.

12/15

Cheers To Us
Expert 7/10
This was a very easy chart, I thought perhaps the rating felt more like a level 5 because of the amount of 8ths. The song sounds a bit more upbeat in places so I was expecting a bit more from this, but it's a very nice chilled out kind of chart.

Presentation 5/5
It looks really nice. It's not overcomplicated or the type of "bubblegum" artwork/text a lot of us do, I really like the way that film looks on the background and jacket. Good work!

12/15

Chewinggood
Expert 6/10
I really like TORIENA, but this was a little bit much for me to play on pad, especially when I saw that it was an 8foot. I enjoyed some of the twisty patterns throughout the song, and liked that the ending note was a crossover, but most of it felt like a nonstop run (Challenge was played on keyboard, there's some fun crossovers in there but a lot of awkward double steps at a high speed, the patterns in the middle with the double jacks felt a bit boring)

Presentation 2/5
The background is just a screenshot, and a blurry one at that. I think the orange box and text work better on the jacket rather than the banner. Could have also been a bit nicer if the text wasn't slapped over both characters faces.

8/15

Everyday Jumping
Expert 8/10
This chart screams Tam, It's fun. there's some 4th notes in the vocal section that reminds me of Who The Hell Are you. The notes at the end with the jumps were a lot of fun, I got a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Presentation 5/5
I really like this. The way the white around the text is merged with the white shape in the background looks nice, and it's sort of simple? but in a good way. It just really pops.

13/15

Good Girl
Expert 7/10
The chart was alright, it had some fun placement/patterns. There were a few parts where the song felt very energetic but the chart wasn't?

Presentation 3/5
I would have rated this lower because it looks like it was official artwork that was just cut/pasted, but then I couldn't see the Hyuna logo on the art when I googled the song, so I think it was made?

10/15

This Is How To Be Human
Expert 8/10
I have no complaints with the chart, but it's not in anyway my type of music haha. The jump patterns at the beginning were very fun, they seemed to have you switch directions which was pretty cool, the double steps have good balance too. No deductions for song choice because I'm a nice boi.

Presentation 3/5
Was OK. Looks like a screenshot or image with some simply transparent text over it.

11/15

This would fit right into that era of DDR that brought us the SKYGIRLS theme song, and Trust from SuperNOVA2. Chart was pretty fun, I liked some of the freeze jumps and crossovers throughout the chart.

Presentation 2/5
I'm not a fan of the anime artwork. I feel it's very easy to get an anime image off of google when using an anime song. I think the image could have done with some editing with the brightness/contrast to give it a bit more color to make it pop, and some better fonts could have been chosen.

9/15

Expert 8/10
Expert was rather enjoyable. I enjoyed the song choice, though the breakdown section felt like it lasted a little longer than it needed to, but overall, good job. Some of the crossovers were fun, I liked that the main part of the song had different variations rather than the same pattern repeated over and over.

Presentation 4/5
I really like the text, the bevel/3Dpipe type text is no doubt something from Photoimpact, and I think the Electric Fountain text, I've used the exact colors & font for something in the past haha. The background image itself looks like a slight blurred picture of a fountain with a filter over the top (filter etching? unsure of the name) really love what's been done with the artist text.

12/15

Last Surprise
Expert 5/10
This was a bit difficult to review. The opening is way too early, and I'm unsure if that's because of a bad cut, or if the track is poorly produced by the artist. It felt in sync when it got to the jumps in the chorus, but even then, it felt like the arrows were going to the vocals, but the placements on the blues and yellows aren't going with the vocals or anything else. I did enjoy some of the chart at the beginning with freeze arrow/crossovers, followed by the 8th notes.

Presentation 1/5
This may be a bit harsh of me, but I can't rate it as high as Karma (being a 2) because Karma at least has some text added to it, this seems like it was just small resolution art with no effort being put in, the widescreen background looks stretched compared to the 4:3 version, and a lot of the text is very hard to read. It's a shame because I really like the idea of the art, a higher res version of the character could have been found, and a couple of squares with letters put inside each wouldn't have taken so long.

6/15

My Head & My Heart
Expert 8/10
The chart was a lot of fun, it had some double steps within the patterns but nothing that felt overcomplicated or awkward.

Presentation 3/5
The thing that stands out the most is the background art and the colors used, I'm not a fan of the debussy font, I feel like I've seen it on each users art in the past.

11/15

Out Of The Sky (Andres Sanchez Remix)
Expert 6/10
I noticed that this had basic & beginner missing, like somebodies file from non-anon. I was reminded of Fly On The Wings Of Love but that was more fun. I kind of liked some of the 8th notes in the beginning going to the vocals, and enjoyed the So Deep type patterns in the main part of the song, the following 8th notes I felt were a bit weird though. I feel certain parts didn't have a good balance like the ending section, the jacks in the build up were up/right, and then the 16ths build up later were also up/right.

Presentation 2/5
The bird is a really nice image, but it's just some plain white text over the top. I'd have given this more points if the text was moved up so we can see it better, and the text perhaps had a dark blue outline, and different colors in each letter to match those on the bird, it would have looked stunning.

8/15

Pretty Green Eyes
Expert 6/10
I cut this song for somebody and felt it went on a little too long, I made a few cuts that were DDR length. I feel this one had parts that felt a little repetetive, which made the chart also a little bit repetetive in places. It isn't an awful chart, but I felt myself getting a bit bored with the pattern repeated again later. Another file that has all 8ths throughout vocal parts, something else could have been done for these sections.

Presentation 2/10
The widescreen version is the 4:3 stretched out, I kind of like the fonts but a lot more effort could have gone in. Step Artist could have taken a selfie and shopped his eyes to look green, it's very plain looking.

8/15

Quero L'amor
Expert 7/10
The chart was pretty fun. I liked some of the crossovers throughout, the double steps at the end worked pretty well because they felt well balanced repeating on the opposite side. The feels very much like something Jacqueline would do.

Presentation 4/5
It's pretty simple but, not simple enough that I'd rate it lower. I like the colors used and fonts too.

11/15

Rock U (feat. Namie Amuro)
Expert 8/10
This was a fun chart. I liked the use of jumps for the added difficulty, it wasn't overcomplicated, the crossovers were a lot of fun. I found it to be a very enjoyable file and liked that double tap/gallop to end the song after the jacks.

Presentation 3/5
It looks Ok, the placement on the banner could have been a bit better and I could have done with some different colors.

11/15

Shake It Off (The Factory Team Speed Mix)
Expert 6/10
Some of the double taps felt Ok with the opening verse, but some of the chart felt very much like LRLRL jump jump jump, UDUDU jump jump jump, repeat. I got a little bored and felt like it could have been mixed up a little more, also feels more like a level 7 than 8.

Presentation 5/5
The art looks good, what I've come to expect from NDDRO members, though no video script? hmmm.

11/15

Somebody You Loved
Expert 8/10
This was a lot of fun. The chart had a double step with a freeze that worked fine, the audio patterns the chart followed flowed so well. It wasn't complicated in any way and had some fun twisty patterns/crossovers.

Presentation 4/5
The art is awful and slightly unsetting, in a good way. I get it.

12/15

TetraQ
Expert 9/10
The chart flows very well with the music, and because it's an old IIDX track, I feel it would have worked very well back in the days of 5th-Extreme. I enjoyed the gallops, and the weird rhythms reminded me a bit of Xenon, and worked out so well.

Presentation 3/5
I don't mind the text, TaQ logo looks like a variation of TaQ logo, unsure what's going on with the image in the background, maybe a still from the IIDX video?

12/15

Upside Down
Expert 9/10
Chart was very exceptional! it was fun, well done! It was like something from 5th mix but glorified. It had some fun crossovers, I liked the patterns at the end had some added 16ths for difficulty so that it wasn't the exact same as the opening. The file also reminded me a little of Never Ending Story.

Presentation 4/5
The fonts are perfect, I do feel that the shadow on the backgrounds text that makes it look a little 3D should have been added to the text on the banner. Would have rated this a 5 if the banner wasn't flat, the colors remind me of 5th mix? the background scripted videos are a lot of fun too! It was cool. Also, the background script reverting to the image each time the song title came up in the chorus reminded me of Oops (I usually think of this as an ITG thing, but I guess DDR did it first)

13/15

Waratte Pon
Expert 8/10
This was incredibly fun to play! however, I do think the chart got a bit too friendly with the freeze arrows. Had there been less of it, I think I would have rated this a 9/10? but I still had a lot of fun. Challenge was pretty delightful too apart from the 12th notes.

Presentation 3/5
The text looks a little like comic sans, but it's not? I kind of like the image used for the background inside the gear shape, it sort of looks like Mickey Mouse. Maybe drawing it out and putting on the cog shape, and doing more cogs and some layering would be cool, deffo different font. OH and the official artist name would have been good too.

11/15
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Sat May 08, 2021 5:23 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Full Review

Hola mi BEST-mix amigos! I'm the author of QUIERO L'AMOR with the review for the anonymous bracket!
To spice things up, I'm adding my own spin to the review by adding in a slideshow! This will also detail how I grade every file and feature author guesses too! See below for details.

Also included a score recap and a full text review (for mobile users).

Full review (Slideshow, in semi-Spanglish, with author guesses!):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/unykyycqd7ocs ... w.pdf?dl=0

Score recap:
SHAKE IT OFF (The Factory Team Speed Mix) - 26/25
AIRHEAD - 25/25
Karma (Electric Fountain) - 25/25
ROCK U (feat. Namie Amuro) - 25/25
Upside Down (Almighty Club Mix) - 25/25
Whine And Kotch - 25/25
Candy (Twekz Remix) - 24/25
Everyday Jumping - 24/25
HOW TO BE A HUMAN - 23/25
GOOD GIRL - 22/25
TetraQ - 22/25
SOMEONE YOU LOVED - 21/25
ARE YOU READY TO FLY (Almighty Master Mix) - 20/25
Cheers To Us - 20/25
Chewingood!!! - 20/25
OUT OF THE SKY (ANDRES SANCHEZ REMIX) - 19/25
MY HEAD & MY HEART - 19/25
Waratte Pon - 19/25
Karma (TOTA US Intro) - 18/25
Pretty Green Eyes - 17/25
Last Suprise (You'll Never See It Coming) - 15/25

Full text review (mostly English):
AIRHEAD - 25/25
PRESENTATION: 5/5
- Graphics definitely look like they still fit in DDR.
DIFFICULT: 10/10
- This chart is very reminiscent of the better MAX-era charts.
EXPERT: 10/10
- Exactly the same thing I said in Difficult.
TILT: 0/1

ARE YOU READY TO FLY (Almighty Master Mix) - 20/25
- Graphics are simple yet not so obtrusive. I'll take it.
DIFFICULT: 8/10
- I liked the first half. Second half felt safe with the 4th jump+freeze spam. Hoped to see more of the 16th patterns.
EXPERT: 7/10
- A lot of the parts with 16ths felt off and didn't exactly follow the synths like I'd have expected. The rest of the chart was really good too and kinda gave the same vibe certain old songs gave.

Candy (Twekz Remix) - 24/25
- Graphics may be exaggerated a bit but they'll still fit in DDR.
- Really love how this maintained its MAX-era feel in the whole song. Hints of complexity were well-executed– 16th rhythms, some mini-8th streams, jumps, doublestepping at the right places and not during an 8th stream.
EXPERT: 9/10
- This chart is very reminiscent of the better MAX-era charts.

Cheers To Us - 20/25
- Graphics will fit in modern Bemani; I'm not complaining.
DIFFICULT: 7/10
- It's average at most. While I appreciate the 3-footer in Difficult maybe this could use a few more complex patterns like a short crossover or mini-jacks while still maintaining the 3 rating.
EXPERT: 8/10
- Nothing too hard. Simple, straight to the point, doublestepping that is actually fun, properly-used freeze arrows. As I mentioned in Difficult, this could use a few more complex patterns that will have the chart deserve the Expert difficulty since it does feel like a Difficult chart.

Chewingood!!! - 20/25
PRESENTATION: 3/5
- Good for providing graphics at all; I'll still give a -2 for "lazy still for the video" and the low quality graphics. The sample start portion was weird, maybe you should've followed Beatmania's? Did that game finally get preview clips like all other bemani games? Unsure after the series ended for the PS2. Props for providing both Japanese and Romaji lyric files anyway.
- The second half felt overcharted; not a fan of the jacks that went with the "pam-pam" part. The first half is good.
CHALLENGE: 10/10
- Hainaut wasn't lying when she said "this feels like a forcednature chart" but it actually applies to Challenge. I'm having difficulty giving a score to an X-scale 15 in a contest I expect 14 or lower to fill almost the whole songlist. What the heck. This was fun. The pattern distribution is perfect and I could see more effort was done here than Expert.

Everyday Jumping - 24/25
- The addition of classic DDR movies is a nice plus.
DIFFICULT: 9/10
- Thought the streams were more on the safe side. Still enjoyed the jumps nonetheless.
- For this one however the execution of the jumps is generally perfect and goes so well with the song!

GOOD GIRL - 22/25
- I appreciate the video quality and the lyrics file. Maybe a slight flaw on the letters I and L in the banner and background since they may be simply an upscaled version of the font but that's not too obvious unless the player looks closely.
- Decent difficult chart. Felt a bit safe.
- No standouts but clean patterns all throughout.

HOW TO BE A HUMAN - 23/25
- Yes the presentation will still fit in a DDR game.
- The repetition actually worked so well yet there is definitely room for more complexity somewhere. Maybe the second set of each "This is how to be"? Chart was also fun!
- I'll have to echo the same thing I said in Difficult.

Karma (Electric Fountain) - 25/25
- The graphics are good. Song cut is decent capturing the relevant parts with a decent fadeout. Definitely a perfect score there.
- Just the right amount of pattern variations with crossovers and are those 4th footswitches in the middle? This is 100% a fun Difficult chart!
- The spins went so well with the song.

Karma (TOTA US Intro) - 18/25
- Not exactly a fan of the overall cropping and slapping text presentation using stock Windows fonts. I could actually give this a 4 if there were a bit of text effects. Will definitely not fit in any game whatsoever let alone DDR.
- Notes in the right places for sure. It's just the arrows are two-arrow spam for the most part. Originally a 6/10 if it were not for those appropriately-used crossovers.
- Good chart but a lot of the freeze arrows could still be extended to the next note.

Last Suprise (You'll Never See It Coming) - 15/25
- -2 for low-quality graphics across all of jacket/banner/background.
EXPERT: 6/10
- Good concept but I don't like where the 16th jacks are currently placed. They do not follow the music at all.
CHALLENGE: 6/10
- Those were potentially good arrow placements. The 16th taps are still not supposed to be 16th taps, just so they follow the vocals a bit. Can't hear how they should be 16th taps. Freeze arrows are too long for DDR standards.

MY HEAD & MY HEART - 19/25
PRESENTATION: 4/5
- Graphics are pretty good but the audio is soft for some reason.
- I only liked the parts with 4th spins in them. Still quite a fun chart.
- Rhythms of the average MAX-era chart which I like but it felt like there's too much staircases?

OUT OF THE SKY (ANDRES SANCHEZ REMIX) - 19/25
- Graphics will probably still fit in modern Bemani even with the crop/cut-paste effort. As long as there's nothing obtrusive it's fine. Maybe not the banner.
- Mainly an average chart with an unnecessary freeze arrow extension at the beginning.
- I think this should be re-rated to a 9 since that second half/so deep-like segment was brutal. First half was safe. Clearly the better of the two entries if this is by who I think it is.

Pretty Green Eyes - 17/25
PRESENTATION: 2/5
- I don't like the aspect ratio inconsistency of the text in the widescreen background, which I'm assuming is the correct one, compared to all other graphics.
- Better than Expert; average at best.
- The middle felt like I'm playing the same measure over and over again.

QUIERO L'AMOR - N/A
- This is my file. See the slideshow for additional thoughts.

ROCK U (feat. Namie Amuro) - 25/25
- Excellent graphics, audio is just right, sample start is good.
- The "down down down" Down arrow spam is nice! The rest of the chart was okay.
- The overall movement in this chart is really nice and I like how it alternates between following the vocals and the beat.
TILT: 1/1
- Appreciate the additional effort in adding Doubles charts!

SHAKE IT OFF (The Factory Team Speed Mix) - 26/25
- Amazing graphics!
- Jumps are fun. Freeze arrow segments are fun. Chart is fun as a whole.
- I really, really, REALLY want this entry to win. This is my personal favorite of this bracket. This chart is so good. Can this win BEST-mix anonymous file of the year please?
- This is the only file that is getting a +1 tilt from no additional effort whatsoever since this is THE file I had the most fun with. Except with the scoring standards, this will still count as a 25/25. Consider this the equivalent of 11/10 in Expert.

SOMEONE YOU LOVED - 21/25
- Graphics are okay. No issues.
- Decent chart. The doublestepping was actually nice.
- Decent chart. Nothing else to add further.

TetraQ - 22/25
- Good on adding DDR BGAs. I believe tsugaru7reveng/t7r already indicated the TaQ logo isn't his.
- I mainly liked the second half. The part with the 16th taps was kinda risky. This was okay.
- The patterns were clean for the most part. Nothing in particular stood out yet the chart quality is very good!

Upside Down (Almighty Club Mix) - 25/25
- Amazing callback to 5th mix!
- The chart is fun yet I expected a bit more mobility.
- This is really fun! Love the "upside down" gimmick with the 4ths and the feel of a 5th mix and modern DDR hybrid!
- Appreciate the additional effort in adding Doubles charts!

Waratte Pon - 19/25
- The background could use a little work now that upscaling tools are more common nowadays. The font choice feels like it's done by a newbie.
EXPERT: 6/10
- If I'm comparing RaverAce's non-anon file to this, Waratte Pon has more staircase (left->up/down->right or the other way around) spamming.
CHALLENGE: 9/10
- This is very, very fun with a very balanced variation of patterns. If it is in fact RaverAce, the improvement is so much noticeable! Somehow I think the staircase streams can be replaced with different arrows; doesn't have to necessarily be crossovers.

Whine And Kotch - 25/25
- Good on adding a video banner.
- Well thought-out using different types of patterns such as an 8th stream, jumps, 16ths, crossovers used when necessary in different segments of the song.
- The short freezes worked well just like the Air's non-anon butt file. The chart is still a fun 7-footer. Love the jump section too.

Once again muchos gracias mi amigos![/quote]
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Tue May 11, 2021 12:01 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Partial Review

From the offices of the author of Everyday Jumping.

AIRHEAD

Heavy:
Personally would not have included the bridge in the cut. It's the weakest part of the stepchart and also maybe the weakest part of the song, and it also makes this feel kind of long even though it isn't really that long. But this was mostly very good and I really liked the 16th gallop crossover things. Cute! - 8/10

Presentation:
The "Airhead" text is cute but I don't like the airbrushed BG very much. I really didn't like the girls@play logo, but I looked it up and learned that for some reason, that is their real logo. The graphics aren't my taste but they do the job. Included BG video is always appreciated. 4/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
12/15

///////////////////////////

ARE YOU READY TO FLY (Almighty Master Mix)

Heavy:
Some of these steps were really great and some of them were pretty boring. The great was really great, though. I loved the second part of the chorus (eighth note runs into long freeze arrow). That was really DDR in a good way. Actually, this file just feels a lot like a DDR MAX chart. I appreciate that. I can't say I liked the stop. - 8/10

Presentation:
The background and banner were really cool and work. I wish the text was a little more interesting. 4/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
12/15

Candy (Twekz Remix)

Heavy:
This was really good. I don't have a lot to say. I think the cut was longer than it needed to be and it seemed to kind of drag. But I liked it. - 9/10

Presentation:
Good graphics and really good bg video script. I liked the dog, he was cute. 5/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
14/15

Cheers To Us

Heavy:
I think the song choice limited you a little bit in ways that aren't your fault. There's nothing wrong with a 4 on heavy, in fact I think it look guts to submit it in a way. But ultimate I just didn't think these were that fun because there just isn't very much to work with. - 6/10

Presentation:
The graphics are well-made but they don't serve DDR. Appreciate the inclusion of the music video. Good effort! 4/5

Tilt:
+1 for chutzpah.

TOTAL:
11/15

Chewingood!!!

Heavy:
I think this will be a very popular file in this bracket, but it doesn't do a lot for me. It follows the music very closely and is a little predictable. But the steps work and there are no major problems. - 6/10

Presentation:
Anime character + some text has never worked for me. The background script is really hard to look at and uncomfortable on the eyes sometimes. 3/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
9/15

GOOD GIRL

Heavy:
The patterns were a little uninteresting and didn't give me DDR, but it wasn't bad. This cut felt long. I didn't like where the slowdown ended. - 7/10

Presentation:
The samplestart really needs adjustment! The graphics are cute but look a little like a cut from a CD jacket, even if they aren't. I think the text could have been arranged differently so that you could see some of it better. Included background video is nice. 4/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
11/15

HOW TO BE A HUMAN

Heavy:
This was very very good and really clean. I think that maybe the second half of the chorus could have had more pattern variation, but I understand and support what you were generally going for. I liked the ending. It reminds me of another file I once played. - 9/10

Presentation:
Pretty much perfect, from the gorgeous graphics to the included bg video. 5/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
14/15

Karma (TOTA US Intro)

Heavy:
The music just didn't give you much to work with. Maybe using the vocal version would have helped. This follows the music very, very closely despite the music not really serving anything dancable. - 6/10

Presentation:
The video is a nice touch, but the graphics are a little weak. The text in the background is off the screen. 3/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
9/15

Heavy:
The cut is very long and could have benefit somewhat from editing. I don't think simfile cuts need builds like in this cut. As a result this cut is very long and there are 20ish seconds of steps that are a little bland. Still, the steps are good, and I really like seeing more of this type of file. - 8/10

Presentation:
Really nice graphics that give me old-school nddro. 4/5

Tilt:
Xenon did nothing wrong. +1

TOTAL:
13/15

Last Surprise (You'll Never See It Coming)

Heavy:
I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw Last Surprise again. Very karaoke. Steps start way too early. 4/10

Presentation:
Very hard to see any information in the graphics and cut from a low-quality source. Audio seems quiet. 2/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
6/15

MY HEAD & MY HEART

Heavy:
This is very simple but good. If I had any criticisms it would be that I think it could have just been pushed more, maybe to a solid 8 footer. The stop ends at kind of a weird time. Solid but not super special. I'm torn about how to rate this one because while I think it is very competent and was fun to play on pad, I am not excited by it. 7.5/10

Presentation:
Cute graphics. Simple, effective, and very good color choices. 4/5

Tilt:
+.5 because decimal points get rounded and I want this to get rounded up. I think the overall package is good.

TOTAL:
12/15

OUT OF THE SKY (ANDRES SANCHEZ REMIX)

Heavy:
Great song choice, but I wish the steps took advantage of it more. The cut is too long and there is too much build. Maybe the song limit your ability to cut it? By the time the steps really start, half the song is over. I really love difficult 16th note section. After that it feels like we're just going through the motions. This is close to being really good but misses the mark I think. 6/10

Presentation:
The banner is simple but I like the fonts. The background is cute but the text is cut off at the bottom. 3/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
9/15

Pretty Green Eyes

Heavy:
This is very repetetive. The stop section really is a no. The cut is very long and has too much build. Thanks unironically for teleporting me to 2003. I don't think this is a great stepfile but I'm really glad it's here. 5/10

Presentation:
The banner is legible but a little boring. The background's text is cut off by the UI and seems to be a cutout. 2/5

Tilt:
Tournamix 3 stepfiles that teleport me to mars. +1

TOTAL:
8/15

QUIERO L'AMOR

Heavy:
I appreciate the effort. I think the cut is too long and there is a lot of stuff that could have been left out, like the bridge, and the third instance of the chorus. The 3 offbeat 8th notes during vocals thing is often a weird choice. I think you wanted to have a moment with the twisty sections but I don't think it worked very well. This is competent but it's not my favorite. 7/10

Presentation:
The graphics are good and readable. I like the colors. I'm not blown away but they're good and work 3/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
10/15

ROCK U

Heavy:
The arrows start comin' and the don't stop comin' and they don't stop comin' and they don't stop comin'and they don't stop comin'and they don't stop comin'and they don't stop comin'and they don't stop comin'and they don't stop comin'and they don't stop comin'and they don't stop comin'... 8/10

Presentation:
The graphics are cute. I like the texture. 4/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
12/15

Heavy:
Classic speed simfile. I really like the corner jumps during the chorus. There are bits of space that I think could have used an arrow every now and then. I like the crossover 3-note 8ths. This is cute and a lot of fun on pad. Might be a 7? Maybe an easy 8. 9/10

Presentation:
Another set of graphics that look like nddro. Polished but not the most creative choice of theme. 4/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
13/15

SOMEONE YOU LOVED

Heavy:
Every contest needs a good meme file. These steps are actually really good though. This was very fun to play and I think you did a good job. The only thing I'd say is that I think things get a little repetetive. 8/10

Presentation:
The graphics are really cute, and VERY DDRExtreme.co.uk. I also liked the video but it was a little distracting. I guess maybe that's the point. 4/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
12/15

TetraQ

Heavy:
I think the song choice or cut hamstrung you a little here. It feels like 25% of the cut is a slowdown without a BPM change. Too much build in the cut. I wasn't a fan of the yellow notes in the slow section. This is probably an 8 and not a 7. I wanted to like this but it isn't exciting. 7/10

Presentation:
Nice graphics and I loved the background video. 5/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
12/15

Upside Down (Almighty Club Mix)

Heavy:
I love this. I think it's very cute. The song choice is great for DDR and the steps give me 5th mix which I think you really wanted to do. Just so much fun. 10/10

Presentation:
I like the background a lot more than the banner, but the videos and background are really cute. Maybe the banner should have been a background cutout like 5th mix. 4/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
14/15

Warotte Pon

Heavy:
This song probably has a real artist. Anyway, I liked this a lot. I have to admit I wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did. I don't have much to say except this is pretty good. Gun to my head I think the orchestra hit sections should have had repeating patterns sometimes, and I think at times there was too much karaoke. Thank you for being a friend. 9/10

Presentation:
Well, I don't like the banner or background very much. The background doesn't have the song text and the banner is very simple. You're missing artist information too. 2/5

Tilt:
Given that this is one of the better heavy charts in the bracket I think it probably deserves a bump. +1

TOTAL:
11/15

Whine And Kotch

Heavy:
This started out OK and slowly became a little too chaotic. There were a lot of jumps I don't think should have been jumps. It feels like the steps were trying to follow every part of the song at the same time. 5/10

Presentation:
Nice video banner and background video, and I liked the transition to the video. 5/5

Tilt:
n/a

TOTAL:
11/15
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Thu May 13, 2021 7:35 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Approval Vote

Hello, here I am again, your good girl [Entrant] and the translation system!

I have so much fun when I play, thanking everyone. I really liked how many of these songs hit the nerves of the old Dance Revolution - here are some pipes I'd like to join the guessing game, but really, people, they're very good at hiding. I have a strong prediction about one or two songs (are you the upside, Evan !?), but generally you have all shown good concealment skills - respect!

Approval Votes

AIRHEAD
Everyday Jumping
HOW TO BE A HUMAN
Whine And Kotch
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Sat May 15, 2021 12:28 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

I am the author of Upside Down. Thank you for playing!
I hope you enjoyed the file alongside [REDACTED] from
Bracket [REDACTED]. I really worked hard for these.

Everyone's files are awesome and enjoyable, and I am
looking forward for the next contests!
It's good to be back, and it's good to see everyone back!

Yes, that Dancemania CDTitle was a ruse. Feel free to use
the Almighty CDTitle for accuracy.

I did plan to use a cutout of the BG for a banner but that
would be against the rules. Nevertheless, here is an updated
BG and banner! Watch out for the updated BGAnimation.

(click for bigger image)

Anyway, here are my reviews!

AIRHEAD - 13/15
Guess: #Hainanut

Quite a fun chart with the mini-gallops and all! Is it me
or did it drag a little though...

This band uploaded a 360p music video in 2020. Really.

Steps: 8/10

ARE YOU READY TO FLY - 14/15

Ahh, this warmly reminds me of DDRMAX2 and that era in
particular, even that stop outta nowhere.

Steps: 9/10

CANDY (TWEKZ REMIX) 14/15
Guess: Jukuguy

Another pretty solid file... hmm, that style is pretty familiar.
Those BGVideos are interpolated and scaled up as well!

CHEERS TO US - 14/15
Guess: chewii? What the hell, all of these are chewii!

Not gonna lie, I really liked this one! Cheers to all of us!

Tilt + 1 for a bold level 4 file that actually works!

CHEWI-GOOD!!! - 10/15
Guess: Kasser

These steps give me anxiety for a reason. Could use more
effort, really.

Steps: 7/10

EVERYDAY JUMPING - 15/15
Guess: Air

OKAY, THIS IS A FUN CHART! ENJOYABLE FOR THE WHOLE DURATION!

Steps: 10/10

GOOD GIRL - 13/15
Guess: Chmurek

Good set of steps which is comparable to BAAM ngl. For
some reason, kinda felt like it dragged on though.

Is there a way to install the whole Korean font set for those
lyrics to show up? Could have been romanized for now with
an alt hangul lrc file.

HOW TO BE A HUMAN - 15/15

Instructions unclear, mobility actuator struck by projectile.
Still not human after playing this.

An enjoyable file overall!

KARMA - 7/15
Guess: Braeden

I really like the song, but why use this version? Unless if this
is deliberate, please do some effort with the graphics!

Steps: 5/10
Presentation 2/5

THAT OTHER KARMA - 13/15

Pretty solid steps, but it gets repetitive because of the song
choice. Nice graphics to pair with it.

LAST SURPRISE - 5/15

How to ruin a pretty good song. I thought it was made clear to
refrain from karaoke! Still, it managed to make no sense at all.

Steps: 3/10
Presentation: 2/5

MY HEAD & MY HEART 13/15
Guess: pie-kun

Playing a little safe with the steps, but still enjoyable at a
level. Now really, what's the Pantene for?

OUT OF THE SKY (ANDRES SANCHEZ REMIX) 10/15
Guess: Three lil fishies

I honestly don't know what you want to go with the chart's theme.

PRETTY GREEN EYES - 8/15
Guess: Silver

Remember the old bemanistyle files? It's completely like
these. Classic-styled graphics but I think we got a little
too overboard? A bit repetitive for me.

Steps: 6/10

QUIERO L'AMOR - 14/15
Guess: t7r?

No entiendo nada de lo que dice. Es una mezcla de español e
italiano o algo así? Por lo menos no es Bandolero Comanchero!
Basicamente es un Eurobeat Sim. No pude comprender esa imagen
hasta que vi la fuente.

Pasos: 9/10
Presentación: 5/5

ROCK U FEAT. NAMIE AMURO - 13/15

A rather solid one, gives me the same energy as SUPER STAR from
DDR Solo. Kinda felt empty however, like you're looking for a PV,
but all I can find are the live performances.

SHAKE IT OFF
(The Factory Team Speed Mix) - 15/15

Guess: lrxevan

Now THIS is what defines Best Mix! Satisfying steps to a
satisfying song choice.

SOMEONE YOU LOVED - 13/15
AAAAAAAAAA: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA: 8/10
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA: 5/5

TetraQ - 14/15
Guess: aurae

Now this is a well-made chart, engineered to give a DDR Extreme
feel!

笑ってポン - 8/15
Guess: Not sure, but this guy is a veteran!

It's 2003 all over again! I do feel like this is a deliberate
throwoff. Is it?

Presentation: 1/5

Whine And Kotch - 13/15
Guess: NOT Air

More tolerable than Booty Me Down. It's been a while since we
saw an animated banner!

Site Admin

by BLueSS » Sat May 15, 2021 12:30 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted FULL Review:

Airhead - 25/25
I absolutely adore this. The 16ths in the chorus were so neat. Fun use of gallops, freezes. Really great job.
Difficult: 10/10
This might be the weirdest feedback I would give but this chart anchors on the left and right arrows in a way that feels like a fun little line dance, and it fits the song so well. Fun patterns that weren't too literal, and a progression of difficulty that's never boring. Awesome.
Simple cute and effective. Video was a joy! Don't you wish it was easier to find these older music videos in good quality?
Tilt: 0/0

Are You Ready To Fly (Almighty Master Mix) - 22/25
Really really fun. I loved the freezes in the chorus that were like Freeze-eigth freeze-eighth etc. Some of the syncopated rhythms felt a little off.
Difficult: 9/10
Great fun. I like that it gives room to breathe, but still gives the player fun aspects with the freezes and syncopations.
Effective and nice!
I didn't enjoy the stop, the music didn't stop! Not the biggest sin though.

Candy (Twekz Remix) - 23/25
Great use of repetition. I loved the chorus especially with the "double jacks" if you will.
Difficult: 8/10
Great chart. Some of the more "technical" steps were following rhythms that might've been a little too quiet to make a lot of sense in this chart, but it was a lot of fun.
Cute! Love the little burst that says "Come and get you some..." Very good bg script too, that was great.

Cheers To Us - 24/25
I appreciate you. Sometimes the steps felt like they meandered a bit, which isn't an issue of difficulty, just maybe if the sections felt a little more sectioned it would've helped this chart go the extra mile for me. Honestly, it was fun and cute in what it did.
Good easy chart, great use of freezes.
Good and nice!
Tilt: +1/0
I appreciate the gumption.

Chewingood!!! - 15/25
It doesn't really do anything bad but it doesn't really do much special. It felt like it followed the song exactly other than the part with the streams (which mostly faced left.) Fun could be had with this, but it isn't very creative and didn't do much.
Challenge: 5/10
It wasn't giving me old-school DDR. I did like how the freezes were used a lot of the time, but some of the jumps were a bit much as well as the 16ths streams. In the middle of the chart, the bursts of 3-16ths felt very forced in just to make the difficulty harder without complimenting the song very well.
The graphics are fine but basic, but the background video really was a bit too much in my opinion. I understand it's official so that's okay.

Everyday Jumping - 25/25
Too many jumps. Just kidding! It's Everyday Jumping! This was SUCH a joy and a charm. It felt like real dancing. The first chorus area with the step-step-jump-jump was genius it was perfect. I'm so into this!
Great! I loved the different segments of the steps that really complimented the different segments of the song. Jump practice! Off beat practice! The steps during the rap were great.
Super cute graphics, fun bg script

Good Girl - 17/25
These steps just felt a little messy? If I enjoyed the song the steps were good enough to keep in my StepMania, but it felt like they kind of droned on and on without being very tight. I'm not sure how to describe it. I didn't really enjoy the steps during the slowdown.
Difficult: 7/10
Similar as above, it was fine but it wasn't very inspired and didn't really evolve. It kind of stayed the same the whole time.
The graphics are fine but aren't really giving me DDR, and the samplestart is really jarring. Video is nice!
Tilt: 0/10

How To Be Human - 25/25
Really really great! I'm not using into rock and especially rock in DDR, but this song was a great choice in having a good beat to it and being a little campy. It fit very well. The steps were so fun, and really matched the vibe of the song. I loved the repetition in the chorus, and the "guitar solo" part at the end with the sixteenth bursts etc was really great.
I love this. I was worried at first it could get too simple, but it wasn't. The amount of jumps is great for a rock song like this and I loved the jump "stream" at the start that was very patterned. Great job.
Great graphics, video, fun.

Karma (Tota US Intro) - 19/25
Honestly, pretty fun! I think the song choice hurt it a little bit- the song is very repetitive and by the end the steps started to feel a little repetitive and didn't pop as much.
I think the issues I have with expert were felt stronger here. It lost the feeling of "dancing" and was kinda boring and repetitive. Still, not bad.
The graphics are not great, I don't mind simple but the use of fonts and color are a little drab. However, it's legible and it works. Inclusion of the video bumps it up a little!

Karma (Electric Fountain) - 24/25
Really fun! I'm not usually into harder charts like this, but this reminded me on DDR's "sorrow" songs a bit and fit well. My only critique would be to add a little more space. Especially in the breakdown part, it could've been a decent time to rest and not fill in every quarter note. I think at the end it might've went just a tad too hard. Either way, I anticipate this will win the bracket or do really well because I think it appeals to new-school players without alienating old-school players. Good job! Should definitely be a 9 though.
Really great chart. I think deserving of a 10, but one critique is just that slow part in the middle. I would've tried to take that out of the cut because it is not very interesting and you can't do much about it.
Looks nice!! I run out of things to say here. Good text effects.

Last Surprise (You'll Never See It Coming) - 13/25
The steps start at the first moment of the song, which DDR never does. It doesn't give players a moment to find the beat and the rhythm and tempo. There were a lot of incorrect rhythms. I don't like to be harsh and I do want to say not to feel dejected by a low score. There are a lot of really good concepts and ideas in here, and I appreciate that you held back with this chart and didn't make it too difficult. If you are new to stepfiles, keep going because I genuinely see a lot of potential in here! It just needs to be tightened and cleaned up.
Challenge: 6/10
Similar as above. The 16ths were at times too much, not in terms of difficulty but in terms of repetitiveness. There's potential here as well.
Low quality fuzzy jpg style images, I can't read the text on the banner. Low quality audio as well.
You have a lot of potential, just keep working and practicing. I could tell there were really good instincts and concepts in this file!

My Head & My Heart - 18/25
This was fun, really! I felt like it was a bit too repetitive and to make it really pop, the steps could've evolved more through the chart, especially the chorus. The slow down was a bit boring too, it either didn't need to be there in the cut or the steps need something else.
Similar as above, a bit too repetitive. I wish the chorus was different here from expert. I think this whole chart was similar to expert and didn't do anything very exciting.
Very pink but effective and it works. Love Pantene. I don't know what category to put this in but the slowdown ended too soon, it didn't make much sense to me.

Out Of The Sky - 17/25
It's not bad by any means, but it doesn't pop. The first half of the chart is kind of generic and drones on and on a bit, and then we have a huge jump of difficulty in the second half which follows the synth very tightly. I didn't see much creativity in this chart, and the first half does seem phoned in.
I liked this a lot! Great attention to foot placement and fun patterns.
I'm torn on how to rate this. The graphics are legible and definitely not ugly, but very lazy. The banner is just white text on a blue background. The official album art that you used for the jacket has a flat background, it wouldn't be too hard to even just move assets around to make a more interesting banner with very minimal effort. Also, I would've definitely tried to cut out some of that build up because it is loooooooooooong.
Tilt: -1/0
For lack of full difficulties.

Pretty Green Eyes - 14/10
I love it in some ways, I don't in other ways. It went a a bit too hard and could calm down, but you did do a great job with segmenting different parts of the songs and giving them their own identity. I think it just needs to be dialed back and edited a bit.
Difficult: 4/10
This was very... how do I say... mathematical? It really felt phoned in without much thought. Find a rhythm and do it for the whole chart, over and over again.
They're fine, they work, but they are pretty amateur looking, just being green text on a random image.
I have a few reasons to do -1 a few reasons to do +1. The stutter effect section of the chart was not a gimmick I'm into, but the song is a classic that I loved way back when, and this file reminds me of the stepfile contests of the early 2000s. There's a lot of potential in this file, and even though I didn't feel like it was a perfect file, I genuinely did have fun with it!

Quiero L'amor - 15/25
I hate giving this critique because it might not mean much, but I just felt like the steps didn't pop. It didn't have much interest or excitement to them to match the music. They went with the music, so it's not that, but it just didn't connect or pop for me. A more understandable critique I have is that the amount of crossovers was way over the top. I'm a bit conservative with crossovers personally, but I didn't feel the amount of crossovers really matched what was going on with the song and it was just so so so twisty.
Challenge: 5/10
Similar as above. It lost the concept of "dance" and followed the song very closely. The amount of twists and turns really makes this like "End Of The Century" but the gimmick doesn't work here. The amount of freezes too, is a bit much. It kinda just felt... muddy.
Even though you revealed what the background image is, I really do see huge eyes. The graphics are nice in many ways. I like the line-work over the background image, but I don't like the blurred image behind the other assets as the base. I would also appreciate some more contrast or another color in there. Also the cut felt very long.
I'm sorry for being harsh :(

Rock U - 25/25
I loved this! It went hard, it may have needed a little space to breathe, but for some reason, I didn't mind! The song is a little repetitive, but it never felt that way because you sections the steps very very well and kept the chart super interesting and fun. Every section has it's own very charming identity.
Difficulty: 10/10
Similar as above. Very fun, consistent and charming.
The color scheme of the graphics is one you don't see too often (red and purple) and I think it looks cool as hell.

Shake It Off (The Factory Team Speed Mix) - 23/25
Really fun. Although it's kind of SAIFAM-Speed-file-by-the-numbers, it is extremely effective and tons of fun. My only critique, I think the last post-chorus section had more opportunity to add a little more personality and creativity to the steps.
Similar as above. This transports me back to 2005 (except Shake It Off didn't exist back then), and I love it.
She's pretty.

Someone You Loved - 22/25
Great! Great use of jumps, fun, groovy, dancy, etc whatever etc. Sometimes it did feel like it droned on a little bit, but then it would get exciting again.
Difficult: 8/10
Fun! Sometimes it felt a little uninspired and repetitive. I loved the freeze arrows during the symbols or whatever.
Even though the graphics are a gag, they are well put together and pretty.
-1 for how much I absolutely hated the background video, but +1 for making a gag file that's still really fun to play

TetraQ - 22/25
I do get charmed by the old-style "technical" charts. This one did a good job, but at points it wasn't connecting for me. I'm not sure why. Maybe some segments could've been less literal while others stayed more literal? Not sure. Still, a fun and impressive file.
Can't put my finger on why I loved this so much more than expert (which I still really liked!) but this is perfect for me. Similar to the expert chart but a little more... simplistic? But not simplistic?
Decent graphics, simple. I don't like the blurry BG image, and not to be nitpicky, but I see some white artifacts between the text and the stroke which really bother me. Fun bg script!

Upside Down (Almighty Club Remix) - 25/25
So charming. The steps perfectly matched the bouncy and innocent sound to the song. Very well done.
Great chart, sometimes it meandered a little bit.
Graphics are nice, but huge props for the old style bg-animations. Some of them included the graphics you made for the song, so I know you put effort into it and it was worth it!
For custom bg animations and general love!

Waratte Pon - 17/25
Really fun! The steps during the chorus and the post-chorus parts were so bouncy and tight and fit the music perfect. However, the steps during the verse felt a little droney and didn't really pop for me.
These are fun, but a little by the numbers. Some breaks in the steps would probably make some parts pop more. Fun foot placement that felt bouncy like the song.
They look a bit MS paint. The white text with the small black stroke doesn't look very great, and assers look a bit stretched.

Whine & Kotch - 21/25
Really fun. The short freezes that matched with the high pitched noise in the beginning were pretty cool even if I hate short freezes like that. I appreciate that you're stepping a style of dance music which isn't usually represented.
It felt like it went on and on a bit. I think maybe it didn't differentiate enough which made it feel repetitive and droney. Some space in the steps would help that for me.
Does what it needs to do. The text on the banner is really cute!
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Sat May 15, 2021 12:33 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Partial Review

Hello! I am the author of the ROCK U (feat. Namie Amuro) anonymous file and here are my reviews

AIRHEAD
Presentation 5/5
This was a nice chart overall and I enjoyed some of the quirks thrown in, but towards the end it did feel like the song was going on a while and there wasn't quite enough variation for me to keep it interesting. Still a fun chart.

Total 13/15

ARE YOU READY TO FLY
Presentation 5/5
I liked the long freezes in the beginning, but as the chart went on I felt like the freezes were being used a little too frequently for my taste. Beyond that, it was a pretty fun chart if not all that memorable outside of the freezes.

Total: 12/15

CANDY
Presentation 5/5
I had a lot of fun with this chart, I was a little worried in the beginning that the rhythms could get a little repetitive but there was a lot of variety in the chart that really spice it up. Also loved the random movies included.

Total 14/15

Cheers To Us
Presentation 5/5
Well, this felt a little bit harder than a 4, but other than that there's not much to say. I'm all for easy charts, but there just wasn't a lot going on here. It felt very much like a DDR II/Hottest Party 5 license chart in that the footwork could get kind of awkward and the chart was easy but not all that unique.

Total 11/15

chewinggood!!
Presentation 5/5
I'd probably say that this is more of a 9 than an 8 because of the speed and length of the song. I felt the chart/song went on too long and the steps relied a little too much on the vocals for my taste. Overall, it's pretty good but it felt way more 'user simfile' than 'DDR chart' if that makes sense.

Total 12/15

Everyday Jumping
Presentation 5/5
Expert 9/10
Fun chart and I liked the attention to detail in the background movies. Chart reminded me a bit of HIGH OFFS YOU from DDRMAX.

Total 14/15

GOOD GIRL
Presentation 5/5
Expert 7/10
This felt more like a 7 than an 8 to me. I didn't feel like the slowdown was needed and I also felt like the place it sped back up at was kind of awkward. Beyond that, it was an alright chart but I probably wouldn't go back to it personally.

Total 12/15

HOW TO BE A HUMAN
Presentation 5/5
Expert 9/10
I liked this chart a lot especially for this not being the kind of music I normally like. I liked the gradual build up in the difficulty and some of the repetition reminded me of 4th-5th mix charts.

Total: 14/15

KARMA (OP)
Presentation 5/5
Expert 7.5/10

Not much to say about this one, the rhythms were fairly obvious but I understand there wasn't a lot else to work with besides just following the guitar. There was some variations in the footwork that kept it interesting.

Total 12.5/15

KARMA (Electic Fountain)
Presentation 5/5
Expert:8/10
Felt very DDR Universe-y, I liked the build up in the difficulty.

Total: 13/15

Last Surprise
Presentation 5/5
Expert 6/10
This felt more like a 6 than a 7 and I didn't find the chart all that interesting, too much following the vocals and too many long freezes for me.

Total: 11/15

MY HEAD & MY HEART
Presentation 5/5
Expert 8/10
This was a pretty fun chart, if a bit understepped for my liking. I think a little bit of a buildup of difficultly in the last chorus could make it more interesting, but fun nonetheless.

Out of the Sky
Presentation 5/5
Expert 8.5/10
Fun chart that was reminiscent of a MAX2 chart. The So Deep part was actually probably my least favorite part of the chart, but I appreciate the homage.

Total: 13.5/15

PRETTY GREEN EYES
Presentation 5/5
Expert 7/10
A decent chart, but I wasn't a fan of the slowdown in the beginning of the gimmicky stop section. I would have also liked some variations in the rhythm and footwork.

Total: 12/15

QUIERO L'AMOUR

Presentation 5/5
Expert 9/10
This was a really fun chart, I liked the buildup in difficultly, the footwork and the repetitive patterns in the chorus.

Total: 14/15

SHAKE IT OFF
Presentation 5/5
Expert 8.5/10
Nice chart, if a bit obvious with the rhythms. Feel like you could place this chart over the original song and it would fit pretty well and in fact, I have a downloaded Shake It Off simfile that has very similar rhythms and patterns.

Total: 13.5/15

SOMEONE YOU LOVED
Presentation 5/5
EXPERT 8/10
It's a cute chart, but something about the song/video make it hard to take seriously. I probably would not come back to play this, but there's nothing really wrong with the chart itself.

TetraQ
Presentation 5/5
EXpert 8.5/10
Nice buildup in the difficultly and footwork.

Total 13.5/15

UPSIDE DOWN
Presentation 5/5
EXPERT 9.5/10
A very fun 7 reminiscent of a 4th or 5th mix chart, also love the graphics used for the videos.

Total: 14.5/15

Waratte pon
Presentation 5/5
Expert 8/10
A pretty fun chart overall, I liked the streams during the chorus. The only criticisms I would have are too many freezes and a little too much karaoke stepping, but good overall.

Whine & Kotch
Presentation 5/5
Expert 8/10
Nice buildup in the difficultly and the walk sections were the highlight for me.

Site Admin

by BLueSS » Sat May 15, 2021 6:04 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted FULL Review:

Hello! I am the stepmaker of Waratte Pon, and here are my reviews for the Anonymous bracket for BEST-mix #6! Just a note on the artist name, I just found out that the artist name is "Rina Genga" from the Bust a Move album that was only released in Japan. My apologies go out to BEST-mix and for the people doing these reviews for not putting the artist name instead of “From Bust A Groove”. That was the only song that Rina Genga is credited and I should have known that the Bust A Groove series had album’s released in Japan that could have helped in finding the credits for the artists. If I had known about the album, and did a bit more research on it, I would have put in the artist credit as "Rina Genga" instead of "From Bust A Groove". If I make it to the final round, I'll try to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Airhead
I had a lot of fun with this song! There were some great patterns in the song! Maybe this should be an 8?
Standard: 8.5/10
I like the chart; I believe this was in control.
I think the graphics fit in with the song. The music video is low quality, but I understand that it’s difficult to find good quality versions of these songs.
Tilt: 0.5
Just to make it even. This is a great chart and initially I thought it was going to be generic. I’m glad the stepmaker proved me wrong with this cause almost everything went according to plan!

Overall: 23/25

Are You Ready To Fly (Almighty Master Mix)
I think this is a decent chart. This would fit in around DDR Max, but I think the intro could have been cut a little bit. A big problem is the stop, because it didn’t fit with the song and it did break the flow because it wasn’t properly executed. The stop ended a bit too early at 1.3, when I believe just selecting 3 measures and just subtracting the end from the start, it would subtract to 1.314. Even though it looks short, even the smallest hiccup to a stop can break the timing of the song. I believe a reason why T7R wasn’t able to get that MFC on standard is because the stop made the chart go too early afterward (4 slow compared to 1 fast). The attitude regarding the stop also doesn’t help with sympathy (you don’t have to apologize if you want to like in the read-me), but looking at the scores from the other reviewers, I just don’t see this going on to the final round.
Standard: 5/10
I think the patterns could have been better, but still decent.
I liked the graphics of this song.
Tilt: 1
I didn’t know this was a cover. This is a nice song and Almighty did a good remix.

Overall: 16/25

Candy (Twekz Remix)
Not bad, but some notes are questionable. An issue is that you kinda messed up with is the stop because it was only a hundredth of a second short of being in sync with the song. However, the song I also felt started off a hundredth off as well so the stop does make the song sync after. Be careful next time because even a hundredth of a second of a stop off can break the timing of the song. You are very fortunate to have ratings that looks to be enough to get you to the final round unlike Are You Ready To Fly, but watch out on the transition to a stop next time.
Alright, but either some notes at the end I felt didn’t match up to the song, or the song wasn’t just clicking for me.
Graphics were done great and nice use of BG Videos!
Tilt:0

Overall: 16/25

Cheers To Us
This needs a challenge chart. Way too safe. I could understand the low difficulty, but If the expert chart is this easy, then I feel that there should be a challenge chart, like in Mario Mix. Overall, I felt this to be boring as a result.
Standard: 1.5/10
Again, feels way too safe when the expert is only a 4. This kind of felt boring for me. I think another suggestion is having this be the basic difficulty, have the expert be the standard difficulty, and have a harder expert chart (at least a 5), because I don’t think people would want to play this at lease twice.
Presentation: 3.5/5
At least the graphics fit with the song plus the video.
Tilt: -1
I’m sorry, but this doesn’t feel like a song designed for dancing. This doesn’t hit hard enough to at least be adequate and felt too safe. If the song is slow, it needs to make sure people aren't bored with it cause if it’s too easy, no veteran players would want to play this after they at least FC it. Unfortunately, this didn’t do it at all.

Overall: 7/25

Chewingood!!!
I had some fun with this chart, wish there were some better patterns, but I think it was alright. I also felt this should have been a 9.
Challenge: 3/10
The same can’t be said about the challenge chart. While the steps were average, here's the problem. I don’t think in the Pre-X Era in the arcades there is a song to compare to this chart. Even Hallucination XXX had at least Arrabbiata for comparison. The only song that I can compare is Maximize Oni, but that was only in the Universe series, and is still not available in the arcades. Even then, Maximizer was only about 1:30 seconds with 590 notes (including jumps) when this was about 2:00 with 723. This would be fine for ZIV, but this is supposed to be judged by old school DDR standards, and unfortunately, I have to go by those aspects. I think there could have been better patterns in the song as well, and I felt that there wasn’t a part of the song where a player can rest easy. Overall, I felt this could be a little too hard for some people.
The background is just a cut of the video, without even adding the title in it. Still there is a video for it which I have no problem, but others may have a problem with it. Just add a title to the background and it will be average. Even then, the background I felt was low quality.
Unfortunately, while the song is okay, the challenge chart and the presentation I felt is holding this song back. While the video didn’t distract me, I believe the person who did Everyday Jumping said that the background going on was making it uncomfortable for the eyes, so just keep that in mind for the other reviewers because presentation can be a difference between placements. I say this because my presentation could have been better now seeing the reviews for my song. Maybe Bemani Fan has a better quality of the video?
Overall: 12/25

Everyday Jumping
There were some good patterns and the jumping does fit in with the song! A thing I may have an issue with is that I think the chart may have been a bit one dimensional with the jumping, but I felt that was only a minor nitpick.
Standard: 6/10
Okay. The steps do fit the song, but I would like a little more variety.
Presentation: 5//5
Nice use of BG videos! Also nice graphics.

Overall: 19/25

Good Girl
There could have been some better patterns, and the transition of the slowdown could have been a lot better. I think the song cut could have been shorter. Overall, I just felt this to be a little bit sloppy and boring.
Standard: 3.5/10
Okay, but didn’t blow me away. I think there could have been some more complex patterns, and the slowdown like in the expert chart could have transitioned a lot better.
Presentation: 3.5/5
Alright visuals, but the video starts a little too early (though that could be Stepmania 5’s problem, some songs from this bracket plus various songs of the non-anonymous bracket also suffer from this).
I would prefer listening to Bad Girls by Juliet Roberts. It just didn’t click for me, and I didn’t find it to be that danceable, especially with the elephant sounding part. It didn’t fit for me and overall, the patterns make it so that it feels too slow and boring for me.

Overall: 10/25

How To Be A Human
Alright, some notes are questionable, but it works.
Standard: 7.5/10
Good notes, and the jumps do make sense. A thing I like in both charts is the chorus as I think it could warrant repeated patterns, so overall, good charts across the board.
Nice video and good song cut! Graphics are a bit generic, but it was pleasing to my eyes enough.
I like the effort put into the read-me file about the process of living as a human. Also nice unique genre choice of the song, it's a song that I believe people can dance to.
Overall: 20/25

Expert: 8.5/10
Very fun chart! Maybe this should be a 9?
Standard: 8/10
Excellent. There wasn’t much I can say about this entry.
Graphics look cool!
Good song.

Overall: 21/25

Karma (Tota US Intro)
The song is lacking energy, probably because the stepmaker used the instrumental version. I also felt the patterns could have been a lot better, and I felt with the song, the chart was a bit boring and repetitive.
Standard: 4/10
Better, but the steps still need improvement, also the same criticisms with the expert chart.
Presentation 3/5
Alright, but the song could have been a lot shorter. The video also may have an issue in regards to a maybe corrupted part of the screen in the end on the right. I’m alright with anime characters on the simfile, but some other aspects are holding it back.
Unfortunately, this is a song not designed for dancing. At least have the vocal version because I see this as generic. The reason I wasn’t into the steps was because while the steps hit hard, the song doesn’t hit hard enough to back it up. It also doesn’t help that it’s pretty long so maybe next time if you are to do something similar to this, at least have some vocals and cut down on the time.

Overall: 9/25

Last Surprise (You’ll Never See It Coming)
Expert: 1.5/10
This was not good. Notes not lining up to the music, the steps start immediately with the song, not very good patterns, and I can see similarities between both the expert and the challenge charts. I’m sorry to the maker of the steps, but I’m afraid I have to show some tough love. The only reason why this is not a complete 1 is because the song is mercifully short.
Challenge: 3/10
There were some better patterns, but not by much.
Presentation: 1.5/5
The quality of the images looks poor. At least the title is in the background.
Unfortunately, this had a lot of potential, but there were so many aspects that are holding it back. I suggest cleaning the charts up cause I saw notes that were not in sync with the music, as with some other aspects, plus some more variety of patterns cause it looked like you didn't put that much effort into the charts. You can't mess up once in a competition format like this so you need to bring it next time. Because I don't want these stepmakers to fail, I want them to succeed! So spend some time perfecting the charts, and look at the feedback of the other reviewers. You don't have to follow all of them if you want, but they can help a lot in improving chart quality for the foreseeable future.

Overall: 5/25

My Head & My Heart
An average chart. Felt safe.
Standard: 5.5/10
Better, I do like the spins, but still feels average because of the expert chart.
Presentation: 2.5/5
Average for me.
I would prefer using ATC’s version because this feels slow, safe, and a bit boring. I do believe the steps could have been a lot better cause this just felt average to me, and when its average I can’t say much about the charts. This was kind of like the inverse of Karma (Tota). The song does hit hard enough, but the steps weren’t backing it up, so I suggest maybe amp up the steps and patterns in the expert chart next time.

Out Of The Sky (Andres Sanchez Remix)
Expert: 7.5/10
I was a bit worried in the beginning, but the 16th section after the build up saved this song. I felt though the patterns could have been better, and the song could have been shorter, maybe cut a little bit of the build up portion. With that being said, it is above average for me, and overall, I had some fun with the chart. The rating could have been a 9 for the 16th streams however.
Standard: 5.5/10
I felt the patterns could have been better, but I felt it to be average.
It works. I know the graphics are probably from one image, but I’m usually lenient on graphics as long as its appealing. I think the cut could have been shorter however.
I do like the song! Because it looks like the scores from the other reviewers aren’t getting this song to the final round, I suggest maybe a shorter cut, and clean up on some of the patterns, but I do see potential.

Overall: 18/25

Pretty Green Eyes
Okay, but I think the stops at the middle weren’t necessary. Also, the patterns could have been better as I believe there were parts that I felt to be repetitive so mix it up a little bit next time.
Standard: 3/10
The stops at the middle really brings this song down. Some patterns I believe could have been better.
Graphics a bit too generic. Also, I would have liked 2 green eyes instead of 1.
Pretty Green Eyes is one of the best tracks released in 2003! Regarding the song length, I don’t think the song could be that much shorter with regards to the radio edit. The only place where I think the song could have been cut is the end. It’s a shame this only gets a 10/25, because I really like the song, but next time I think you need to have some more complex patterns cause it felt a bit repetitive.

Overall: 10/25

Quiero L’amour
There was a measure at 51 in both charts where I felt I couldn’t decide whether it fits or not because it could go either way. The ending did have a few interesting patterns both good and bad, plus the song length is a bit too long. However, I had a lot of fun playing this!
Challenge: 6/10
Same as expert, but the patterns at the end were more of the bad variety, but I still had fun playing this song!
Works as a Eurobeat song!
Never heard of this Eurobeat song! Sounds Great! This is a wild card for making it to the final round, but I wouldn’t mind having this song make it to final round as it did bring some energy and didn’t bore me out. A suggestion for next time since this seems to be a wild card entry is that there can be at times where patterns could be too complex. I suggest next time, ease on some of the patterns, but don't remove all of the complexity of the chart.

Overall: 18/25

Rock U
I think the steps were good, but it just didn’t click that much for me. I think a problem was that there wasn’t a moment in the chart that stood out for me because either I wasn't getting into it or I just didn't see a adequate rest in the song. However, since this is a slow song for DDR standards, I can let a little bit of it off, and overall, I thought it was good.
Standard: 7/10
Alright, maybe some better patterns, but it works.
Okay for me.
Tilt:0

Overall: 17/25

Shake It Off (The Factory Team Speed Mix)
Expert: 8.5/10
Great energy, the song is short but sweet! Patterns were executed right and fits with what this tournament is trying to accomplish!
Standard: 7/10
Good, the patterns I enjoyed less than expert, but not that much.
Nice graphics. Song is short but once again sweet.
At least it’s danceable and the song cut was executed right!

Overall: 20/25

Someone You Loved
Nothing to add.
Standard: 4.5/10
Okay, but maybe some better patterns.
Presentation 2.5/5
Average, at least the song is short. Plus, I think this is a joke entry.

TetraQ
This is not a 7, this is a 9 because of the many 16th notes in the chart. Ska A Go Go is labeled a 9, and is about the same length with a lower bpm with 16th notes. The patterns in the middle are also a bit questionable.
Better, but I felt there could have been some better patterns in both charts. Still has the same problem in the middle, and I believe this is a 7, not a 6.
In the simfile, the background is labeled as blank. Other than that, I think the graphic’s work and nice use of the BG videos.
This is not for the song, this appeared in the original Beatmania Series, so the full length of the song is short. I just felt this to be too underleveled.
Sometimes even at a short length, usually many 16ths at this bpm of 17 1does usually warrant a 9, maybe an 8, but definitely not a 7 with that much 16ths. My suggestion is to look at the songs around DDR Extreme, and analyze them so that you can properly put in the appropriate rating, cause you don't want people thinking that a song like Trip Machine Survivor has the same difficulty compared to Paranoia Hades (Both songs are labeled as an 8 on standard and a 9 on expert on the old scale but a 11-13 to a 15-16 on the other scale respectively).

Overall: 13/25

Upside Down (Almighty Club Mix)
I had a lot of fun with this chart! There were some great steps and patterns and the 16ths were executed perfectly! I think a good part of the song you did was the chorus because I liked how the patterns flow into the spin and it looks fun to play. Overall, this was captivating, I didn’t get bored with it, and for the stepmaker of this chart, you ripped it!
Standard: 9/10
Fits well! Usually, I prefer keeping the standard difficulty shorter than expert because of the lower difficulty level, but this was great for a standard chart!
Like the graphics and the 4th mix era animations!
This song is a bop, and I’m surprised that this was the best chart of the Anonymous bracket for me!

Overall: 25/25

Whine & Kotch
Nothing to add.
Okay.
Presentation: 2.5/5
At least the graphics fit with the song.
The song is perhaps unintentionally hilarious and could have been entered as a joke entry, so I will put it above average.

Overall: 13/25

Results
1. Upside Down (25/25)
2. Airhead (23/25)
3. Karma (21/25)
4. Shake It Off (20/25)
5. How To Be A Human (20/25)
6. Everybody Jumping (19/25)
7. Quiero L’amour (18/25)
8. Out Of The Sky (18/25)
9. Rock U (17/25)
10. Candy (16/25)
11. Are You Ready To Fly (16/25)
12. Whine And Koch (13/25)
13. TetraQ (13/25)
14. Chewingood!!! (12/25)
15. Someone You Loved (12/25)
16. My Head & My Heart (12/25)
17. Pretty Green Eyes (10/25)
18. Good Girl (10/25)
19. Karma (Tota) (9/25)
20. Cheers To Us (7/25)
21. Last Surprise (5/25)

I would like to say thanks to everyone for the feedback and BLueSS for bringing back BEST-mix! This has been a learning curve for me and If I make it to round 2, it would present me with even more feedback for me to take! Good luck to everyone in this bracket!
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Sat May 15, 2021 10:11 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Approval Vote From ANONYMOUS AUTHOR of "Karma (TOTA US Intro)":

AIRHEAD - girls@play
Everyday Jumping - Richard Grey and Lissat
Karma (Electric Fountain) - Akitaka Tohyama
SHAKE IT OFF (The Factory Team Speed Mix) - HANNA
Waratte Pon - From Bust A Groove
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Sat May 15, 2021 10:19 pm

[NOT BLueSS' VOTING]

Submitted Partial Review

Hello, this is whoever charted How To Be A Human.

1: Airhead - 12/15
This was pretty good overall, but I would've gone a bit lighter on the 8th notes into jumps, the song didn't seem like it was really calling for them, also would've been better with a shorter cut.
The text is kind of boring for how colorful this song is. The video is potato quality but there's nothing much you can do about that.
Humanity: HIGH
There is a video with 5 humans, and the song is describing another human.

2: Are You Ready To Fly (Almighty Master Mix) - 12/15
The stop didn't make a lot of sense to me. I liked the way the chorus was charted with the freezes followed by a note. Some 16ths felt weird to me. Very good otherwise.
The text isn't horribly exciting but the wireframe image and colors make up for it.
Humanity: LOW
Human vocals and maybe there's a human inside that spaceship but that's it

3: Candy (Twerkz Remix) - 13/15
Solid charting through most of it. The girl-you-girl-you jumps seemed a little obnoxious, and I wasn't very sure about the come-and-get-you-some 16ths, but the rest was very good.
Good graphics and excellent use of DDR videos.
Humanity: MEDIUM
There are two humans singing, and some of the background videos have humans

4: Cheers To Us - 13/15
It's hard to properly rate stepfiles like this one because quite frankly the chart wasn't very exciting or memorable, but it was also perfect for the song. If it was harder it would've been excessive. For instance there's not a single jump, the song didn't really call for any of them.
Good graphics that match the aesthetic of the video
Lots of humans in the video at different points of their lives.

5: Chewingood!!!!!!! - 11/15
The patterns themselves were mostly good, it just followed the music to a fault at some parts. The freezes in measure 51 just seemed very tedious to follow, and then it does something completely different starting at measure 59 and I didn't really like either way that rhythm was charted. Would've been better with a shorter cut.
The graphics are kind of boring for how colorful the video gets at some points. The background image is just a still from the video. The video itself was tedious to look at at some parts but I can't really dock points for that one, it's the song's video after all.
Drawn depictions of human beings are shown repeatedly during the video, but also several pictures of what they like to eat and when they eat it's till they choke.

6: Everyday Jumping - 15/15
The 16th runs at the start were a bold choice but made sense musically and the rest of the chart had similar and proper use of 16ths, so they were good. I liked this one a lot.
Good graphics and use of DDR videos.
No humans are visible, there are humans singing but the video was mostly bears

7: Good Girl - 13/15
Wasn't really feeling the use of gallops, and the way the slowdown ended felt weird, but the rest was good.
Good graphics, not a big fan of the huge Hyuna image in the banner when there were more interesting visuals to use from the video, also the video is there but seems very offsync.
This is how to be this is how to be this is how to be a good girl

8: How To Be A Human
This is how to be a human

9: Karma (TOTA US Intro) - 9/15
As others have pointed out, this was not very interesting and that's mostly on the instrumental song choice, using the version with vocals would've given you something more to work with, and the long cut didn't help matters much.
Very simple and there probably were better Tales of the Abyss images to use here.
Lots of drawn humans in the video but no vocals

10: Karma - 14/15
A very solid chart slightly brought down by a long cut that made some parts drag on forever, and an ending to the chart that felt arbitrarily harder, maybe wouldn't stand out if the rest of the chart also had some bursts in difficulty.
Great graphics, not fond of the fadeout cut but I guess there wasn't a lot to do there.
Humanity: NONE
No vocals, no humans to be seen anywhere

11: Last Surprise (You'll Never See It Coming) - 7/15
The way this followed the vocals was fun sometimes but other times not so much, parts like the really long freeze note during the chorus were just boring. But there were some good ideas here too.
Doesn't look very good unfortunately, and there's so much Persona 5 artwork to pull from. There seems to be a mistake in the cut that throws off the sync halfway into the song. Wasn't a huge deal for me though.
There are a lot of humans in persona 5 i guess

12: My Head & My Heart - 13/15
Overall good, slowdown felt like ended in a weird spot but it wasn't a big deal. The way the chorus was charted felt repetitive and brings this one down a bit.
Pretty good abstract graphics
She is talking about human body parts

13: Out of the Sky (Andres Sanchez Remix) - 10/15
Some parts feel too easy and others way too hard for what's going on musically, I wish it was more even. I saw many good ideas here though.
It's just the album art and the banner doesn't do much with what the album gave you to work with.
Human vocals and a bird

14: Pretty Green Eyes - 8/15
This is too hard for what's going on in the song. The song's intro is too quiet for everything that's going on with the notes. The gimmick with the short stops was not good.
The picture of choice here is too dark and the text fairly boring.
There's a woman in the background and the song does presumably talk about human eyes

15: Quiero L'Amor: 12/15
I did see some people describe it as safe and I agree, and it's not like I'm talking huge risks to take here, maybe a gallop here and there during the synthy parts, a jump or two to match the chorus and its energy. The long cut didn't help.
I don't like the super blurry image in the background, seems detrimental to the rest of the graphics which look nice, but relatively speaking it's good overall.
Humanity: ???
Big human eyes in the background?

16: Rock U - 14/15
There were a lot of good ideas here and all of them executed very well, but I would've appreciated a break here and there. Give me a quick breath to enjoy the otherwise very good ideas seen here.
Graphics: 5/5
Pretty good
I don't know who the characters in the jacket are but one of them looks like Astro Boy who is NOT HUMAN

17: Shake It Off (The Factory Team Speed Mix) - 13/15
This was really close to being great because the song does have a lot of potential, but missed the mark in some places. Just a bunch of small things that add up, I don't know if the "mmm-mmm" parts are jump worthy, conversely some parts in the chorus feel like they could've used some more jumps (like five jumps for "shake shake shake shake shake").
I don't know what the hearts have to do with this song or why it's mostly a retread of the Best-Mix 2 winner but at the end of the day they are high tier graphics. The song could've used a small speed boost to bring it up to 170BPM but it's not a dealbreaker.
I guess Taylor Swift is human

18: Someone You Loved - 12/15
Wasn't feeling the use of 16ths for most of this song, mostly the start of it, felt like the way it was glued to that rhythm was detrimental when it could've just taken some more liberties with a jump here and there for that part, the chorus or dragostea din tei part could've also been better if it didn't stick to the vocals so much, give me a jump or two. But it was good otherwise
I don't get the joke and I had to delete the video before judging this stepfile, but the graphics and gag are nicely done.
Humanity: UNFORTUNATE
I don't know who the people in the video are but I already hate them

19: TetraQ - 14/15
I find this hard to judge because quite frankly I don't really care for this type of song, and this one in particular doesn't really have a lot going on musically, but I also think this is about as good a chart would get for this song. I didn't really hear or "feel" what the gallops were going for most of the time, but they also added some much needed variety.
Graphics are alright but the BG script with some very good choices makes up for it bringing it up to a solid 5. The song just sort of ends but that's how the song goes, not like whoever charted this decided to cut it there.
Humanity: NONE
No humans anywhere here

20: Upside Down (Almighty Club Mix) - 15/15
This chart knew when to follow the music and vocals and when to do its own thing. Wouldn't change a thing here, excellent all around.
The banner is a little boring compared to the background. The older-schooler background animations were very good, I would've added some kind of (very limited for accuracy) animation to the Upside Down image when it showed up in the video but definitely not a dealbreaker.
No humans in any of the images but the A-Teens were in fact a bunch of humans

21: Waratte Pon - 10/15
Some freezes felt like they were there for the sake of it, and I wish the steps did its own thing every now and then instead of sticking that much to the music, but otherwise it was good.
The graphics don't look very good and it'd be unfair to rate this any higher
I guess Bust A Groove had some humans

22: Whine and Kotch - 12/15
The song feels like it should be loosely danced to (as seen in the video) and I wish more of the chart reflected that by not sticking so close to the music most of the time. Some good ideas here that would stand out more otherwise.
Pretty good.
This video does in fact feature a lot of humans
Site Admin

Next