ITG 1-1 Judging Thread

ITG 1-1 Judging Thread

by BLueSS » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:47 am

ITG Bracket 1-1 Judging Thread
- The scoring from this thread will determine which 3 songs move on to the next round.
- This thread will be locked sometime on Friday morning/afternoon so scores can be tallied to go with the release of Bracket 2. Get your reviews in before Friday.
- You must pick 1 review method, you can't mix them.
- The entire bracket must be reviewed.
- The list of songs in this bracket are below for reference:

Code: Select all
APOCALYPSE - cpubasic13
Bloody Battle - DjJRun
I just 8 a Bit - Akira
Kimi no Heart ni Lock-On - Braeden47
SOUND OF DELIGHT - Lisek
Twisted - Telperion

Thanks to Lisek (and will-i-am for ITG fixes), here are easy to use scoring templates

Option 1 - Complete Review
[b][b][size=150]Song Title[/size][/b] __ / 25
[color=#0000FF]__ / 10 - Expert[/color]
[color=#FF0000]__ / 10 - Secondary Chart[/color]
[color=#BF8040]__ / 05 - Presentation[/color]
[color=#40BFFF]__ / +/- 01 - Tilt[/color]

Template Song 24 / 25
08 / 10 - Expert
Great fun chart but lacks something. It needs more 1/16th jackhammers.
10 / 10 - Secondary Chart
It's great, nothing to add.
05 / 05 - Presentation
The background is dazzling so much that I lost my eye-sight.
01 / 01 - Tilt
Nice video but I understand that some people may not like it.

Option 2 - Partial Review
[b][size=150]Song Title[/size][/b] __ / 15
[color=#40BFFF]__ / 01 - Tilt[/color]

example:
Bad Song 08 / 15
06 / 10 - Expert
Could be better. I thought that this was pad competition thought.
02 / 05 - Presentation
The background is ugly. Comic Sans is so 90's.
00 / 01 - Tilt
No tilt. Leave me alone.

Option 3 - Approval Vote
[b][size=150]Song Title[/size][/b]

example:
Blue Sad Song
I cried. I cried a lot. It's nice.

Option 1: Complete Review (25 points/song)
- Heavy (10), secondary chart (10), presentation (5), and tilt (±1)
Option 2: Partial Review (15 points/song)
- Heavy (10), presentation (5), and tilt (±1)
Option 3: Approval Vote (5 points/song)
- Typical approval vote style; vote for as many songs as desired, each vote awards equal points (5)
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

Re: ITG 1-1 Judging Thread

by k//eternal » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:19 pm

approval vote:

APOCALYPSE
I just 8 a Bit
Twisted
Image Image
Posting Member

by joe2 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:49 pm

approval vote:

Sound of Delight
Twisted
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:54 pm

Um, I just wanted to say something. The templates should be different. Expert (Challenge) is the primary chart in ITG and should be treated like the main chart, if available. Therefore, the templates should be like:

Option 1 - Complete Review
[b][b][size=150]Song Title[/size][/b] __ / 25
[color=#FF0000]__ / 10 - Secondary Chart[/color]
[color=#40BFFF]__ / +/- 01 - Tilt[/color]

Template Song 24 / 25
08 / 10 - Expert
Great fun chart but lacks something. It needs more 1/16th jackhammers.
It's great, nothing to add.
05 / 05 - Presentation
The background is dazzling so much that I lost my eye-sight.
01 / 01 - Tilt
Nice video but I understand that some people may not like it.

Option 2 - Partial Review
[b][size=150]Song Title[/size][/b] __ / 15
[color=#40BFFF]__ / 01 - Tilt[/color]

example:
Bad Song 08 / 15
06 / 10 - Expert
Could be better. I thought that this was pad competition thought.
02 / 05 - Presentation
The background is ugly. Comic Sans is so 90's.
00 / 01 - Tilt
No tilt. Leave me alone.
Posting Member

by k//eternal » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:55 pm

will-i-am wrote:Um, I just wanted to say something. The templates should be different. Expert (Challenge) is the primary chart in ITG and should be treated like the main chart, if available.

agreed. i also think it's implied by the rules that the hardest non-edit chart is the primary, regardless of division--luckily with most of the DDR files it's a non-issue
Image Image
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:22 pm

k//eternal wrote:
will-i-am wrote:Um, I just wanted to say something. The templates should be different. Expert (Challenge) is the primary chart in ITG and should be treated like the main chart, if available.

agreed. i also think it's implied by the rules that the hardest non-edit chart is the primary, regardless of division--luckily with most of the DDR files it's a non-issue

The Rules wrote:Judging will only involve the 2 hardest charts in the file.

I don't recall posting what chart to score when reviewers only use 1 chart, so I think technically either will be allowed; although definitely the spirit of ITG is "the hardest chart".
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by will-i-am » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:40 pm

Apocalypse
Twisted

Bloody Battle has DDR random videos. Image
Posting Member

by Valex » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:23 pm

Apocalypse 19 / 25
6 / 10 - Expert
I liked the first half of this or so, mainly the part before the main riff kicked in. Once the main riff kicked in, the file began to feel a bit weird; since the riff constantly repeats, you had to constantly vary what you were doing to keep the file interesting, which made the file feel a bit weird and disconnected; is a different cut possible? Most of the mine usage was good, except for the 8th note jumps with mines between them.
7 / 10 - Secondary Chart
Again, that part in the middle with the same riff really hurt you, though this time around it was mostly just repetitive. The gallops at the end also might not flow properly (I doublestepped a few of them on kb) This is a cleaner chart overall though.
5 / 05 - Presentation
No issues.
1 / +/- 01 - Tilt
Song choice was your main problem here really; next time just pick a song that doesn't repeat the same 10 seconds over and over for half the song :P I did enjoy the song though, for what it's worth, and I gave you the extra point of tilt since I get the sense you know what you're doing, and you deserve to get some pts $$$

Bloody Battle 6 / 25
2/ 10 - Expert
I feel bad rating you this low, but there wasn't anything I liked in this, really. This chart did not seem to flow well at all; I don't see how you could play this chart without constant doublestepping, and the crossover usage was completely random. Some of the 16th streams required you to doublestep in the middle, I think. The opening mines would be near impossible to dodge on pad (lol 840 BPM) and the rhythms only sometimes went with the song (the "sometimes" is where you're getting 2 points) Also the stops and BPM changes made no sense, though I'll be docking that in Presentation. Just wanted to say it.
2 / 10 - Secondary Chart
All the above complaints apply here so I'm not going to repeat myself, haha
2 / 05 - Presentation
Graphics were below average. I appreciate the effort to throw in DDR random videos, but the stops and BPM changes made no sense, so this is where you suffer for it.
0 / +/- 01 - Tilt
Sorry for being so harsh on you, but I'm not going to pretend this is the kind of file I'd play on a machine. I know you said you pad tested this, but pay more attention to how the file flows when you play it (among other things)

I JUST 8 A BIT 12 / 25
4 / 10 - Expert
A lot of the placement in this felt very DDR; lots of the patterning was ambiguous in that you sort of have to "guess" how to play the file, whether it's guessing what to do after a jump or whether you should crossover or not. That's cool for a DDR 7 but it doesn't fly with an ITG 10. In addition, the rhythm choice was rather disappointing; there was lots of cool stuff happening in the background with the breakcore shit and you chose to just have 8th patterns with occasional 16ths for the majority of the file, which was not only disappointing but made the file much more boring than it could've been. Also get rid of all the hands, since they're at the end of the holds you don't actually have to do them, making them pointless.
3/ 10 - Secondary Chart
Again, most of the issues from the Expert are found here. This was actually much worse rhythmically though; I could never tell what you were following.
5 / 05 - Presentation
No issues. For the record though, why didn't you throw in a Novice chart? You had everything else, it takes a minute at the most :P
0 / +/- 01 - Tilt
Cool song choice, but far too "feel the notes" for my taste. Lots of potential you didn't capitalize on :(

Kimi no Heart ni Lock On 13.5 / 25
6 / 10 - Expert
lol 13s. This wasn't too bad. General rule of thumb; don't start on the first beat. Most of the rhythms were right; only thing that stuck out as wrong really was that one 16th drill during the 260BPM part. Patterning was kind of weak though, most of it felt really random. The 12ths weren't too bad, aside from a tendency to stick facing one direction too long; the 8ths seemed to make no sense pattern-wise, lots of random crossovers and other weird stuff going on. Also a few doublesteps, though none were gamebreaking.
4 / 10 - Secondary Chart
Again, don't start on the first beat. I wish you had been more consistent in how you followed the 12th runs; you started off with gallops, then went to 4ths with the occasional 12th clusters, then straight 4ths, etc. Patterning is still an issue here as well.
2.5 / 05 - Presentation
Graphics are weak, yeah. Skeleton was a bit weird at points; I didn't understand why it jumped up to 260 in that one quarter-note space where there are no arrows, and the slowdown right before it was unnecessary.
1 / +/- 01 - Tilt
Not really bad, but definitely lots of room for improvement. Gave you the point of tilt since this was a good bit better than I Just 8 a Bit

Sound of Delight 20 / 25
7.5 / 10 - Expert
Again, the song was sort of a problem here, since it's basically the same synth riff over and over again; near the end you tried to follow something else but it didn't really work. I wasn't huge on the crossovers, though they weren't really that bad. The 32nds probably should have been truncated to just 24ths, especially since you have them go all over the pad. Not too bad overall though.
8.5 / 10 - Secondary Chart
Again, repetitive, and trying to switch to that other synth at the end was kind of weird. This is a pretty cool hard chart though, I liked it.
4 / 05 - Presentation
Graphics aren't amazing, but they get the job done.
__ / +/- 01 - Tilt
Not stellar, but pretty solid. Nice work! Again, choose something less repetitive next time haha

Twisted 25 / 25
9.5 / 10 - Expert
Ooh dose gimmicks. Aside from a few weird flow issues in the beginning (I was doublestepping a bit) this was really good, it's easily the best in the bracket. I'm not sure how the gimmicks will be received but I thought they were really well done.
9.5 / 10 - Secondary Chart
P. chill hard chart. I didn't like that you started on the first beat, and the arrow RIGHT AFTER it was kind of hard to see, but overall it was good.
5 / 05 - Presentation
No issues. Nice skeleton too
1 / +/- 01 - Tilt
YO THESE SICK WUBS BLASTED ME ALL THE WAY TO CHINATOWN SO I GOTTA DROP YOU DA FULL SCORE YA DIG? HOPE TO SEE Y'ALL MOZEE ALL THE WAY TO 1IRST PLACE
Posting Member

by Aki » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:26 pm

HA! I knew someone would fall from that extra [b.] element!

Anyway, here's mine... sorry if I might not be too generous. A little disclaimer though, this is more of opinion, rather than standards.

This is a mock review lol... i'm obviously trolling.

Apocalypse

Expert
Great use of 16th note rolls, but I still see that same pattern that plagued the Hard chart. Those mines between the jumps might've been impossible to dodge.

Hard
A solid package with nothing technically wrong. Perhaps the same rhythm wavered around the chorus up to the bridge. But nevertheless, not bad.

Presentation
Nice touch on the graphics, and good sound quality. Cut felt a little too long, despite being in the 2 minute marker.

Tilt
Wubwubwub-wub-wub-wub-wub-wub-wub-wub-wub-wub-wub-wub-wub (repeat)

Bloody Battle

Expert
Somewhat a forced 12-footer. It also had that mine placement problems, but less tighter.

Hard
This is a pretty good one, but this should've been your Expert chart.

Presentation
Simple and clean graphics. Plus points for having a BG script. (I see one from PARANOiA Clean Remix from foonmix). No issues with sound quality. However, it is late by 25ms. It's probably caused by the mp3 encoding. Amd yeah, I suggest using #DISPLAYBPM since the 800+BPM there is just a short gimmick.

Tilt

I Just 8 A Bit
My file, i'll just comment for fun.

Most gimmicks here were borrowed from existing ITG songs, can you spot them?

Expert
This was the original chart I made, though I felt like this needs to be placed here instead, so I cranked the difficulty a bit. And yeah, that 16th 8-6-8 at the middle forces you to twist your waist if you don't doublestep it. Those "hands" aren't really hands, but I had to add them to give a sense of panic.

Hard
I wouldn't call this a watered-down version of the Expert chart, really. I re-stepped this with balance in mind, and I guess it worked out a bit. Oh and yeah, that twist is back.

Presentation
Anyone having nostalgia with the Pac-man design? I had to recolor the banner, because magenta is recognized as a transparent color for Stepmania. Also, the cut got a little repetitive, but I tried hard to make it a little varied... a bit.

Tilt
Askew, a bit.

君にハートにロックオン

Expert
The brutal difficulty constitutes to the lack of typical ITG gimmicks here.

Hard
IIDX Syndrome. IIDX Syndrome everywhere.

Presentation
Seriously, your graphics are improving, a bit. (Goddamit, I need to stop this) Nevertheless, kudos for making it look good. At least, this time, it's not a 64k mp3 file. I should say this is an improvement. However, in ITG, the artist also shows up on the BG. And yeah, the ITG theme also trims the banner's upper left corner, so your banner looked like this:

Oh and yes, the ITG theme also doesn't recognize non-latin characters, so it showed up the placeholders instead. Good thing you added the #TITLETRANSLIT tag.

However, watch out, that's a really huge ~80ms delay.

Tilt

Beethoven's 9th Symphony (Delaction Remix)
Not really, Sound of Delight

Expert
Same with above, lacks gimmicks except for the addition of 24ths and 32nds. I should say that this is somewhat forced. It showed signs of a fatigue of ideas in the end.

Hard
This is way better than the Expert chart. I liked that mini-gallops there, and I wish I could have seen more, instead of the same karaoke-ish patterns all around the main melody.

Presentation
Random Anime Girl with Title Text. We were all there at one point. I can't blame you.

It is also ~20ms early.

Tilt

Twisted

Expert
Hard
An overall solid file, with good mine usage. It is somewhat ruined by the BPM gimmicks, especially on Expert.

Presentation
Nice ITG-Style graphics. It has a really professionally official feel. Nuff said. Sure, we now live in an era where BPM gimmicks is the new pink, however... it gets old. Really old.

Tilt
This made me giggle, really.
Last edited by Aki on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

by hellrazor » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:35 pm

Akira wrote:Anyway, here's mine... sorry if I might not be too generous
I Just 8 A Bit
My file, i'll just comment for fun.

BLueSS wrote:
k//eternal wrote:hey BLueSS now that the scoring threads are up, just checking--we should rate every sub-bracket except our own, correct?

Yes, thanks for asking. You cannot judge the bracket your song is in.

Sorry Akira...
Posting Member

by Aki » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:56 pm

...a bit

EDIT: I'll try to do an actual review later. For now my job is done for today. *fades away*
Last edited by Aki on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

by Spork! » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:42 pm

Approval vote:
(I'll do full reviews of everything in both brackets that survive the first round)

Apocolypse - cpubasic13
SOUND OF DELIGHT - Lisek
Twisted - Telperion

I did have fun with the rest of them, but they just didn't stand out as much as these. Good job :D
Posting Member

by Nusa » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:14 am

Approval vote:

Twisted
SOUND OF DELIGHT
Posting Member

by Excel » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:28 pm

Everyone has good song quality/sample music so I’m going to focus more on graphics and song cuts under Presentation.

APOCALYPSE 22.5 / 25
09 / 10 - Expert
Good use of crossovers. I really liked the variation and build-up in difficulty to counteract some of the repetition in the song. I liked the sixteenth note buildup to the vocals in m18.
Even after the fake ending, the steps still keep the chart going strong and relatively challenging, which is good.
Mine placement is good. I wasn’t a big fan of the mines in-between the jumps around m56 and m63.
Fun chart!
8.5 / 10 - Secondary Chart
Like the expert chart, it was nice and clean. You had a bit of repeating parts, and you keep the same rhythm in these parts, but you nicely switch up the arrow placement.
In m48, where you have to double-step to repeat the vocals, that part could have been clearer. It was better noticed in the Expert chart because of the mines and because the step begins the repeat on a right arrow, instead of an up/down arrow.
The difficulty and step intensity kind of disappears after the fake ending, making it seem like this part is eh.
Still this is a pretty fun chart.
4.5/ 05 - Presentation
The graphics are great. The song did have a lot of repetitive parts in it, so maybe a shorter cut could help?
0.5 / +/- 01 - Tilt
I would see myself playing this stepfile again though. It has a nice, clean, complementary style to it amidst the 16th note chaos.

Bloody Battle 16 / 25
5.5 / 10 - Expert
While you didn’t follow the main synths, you incorporated some new steps. This was kinda interesting, but it did lead to a forced difficulty. You heighten the difficulty when the synths aren’t too complex, and you keep the difficulty when you have 24th/32nd note percussion. This heightened difficulty works sometimes in the stepfile.
You had an abundance of crossovers, which can work well, but it’s good to separate clearly crossovers and intentional doublesteps, or just remove doublestepping in general. In any case, some of your crossovers were pretty fun!
You had a lot of doublesteps that made some turns awkward, such as in m48 and m49. It ruins the flow of the chart to some extent and makes it more confusing to differentiate between when to cross over or when to just double step.
Jump placement directly after or before 16ths could have been changed. Some of them felt somewhat messy/awkward.
Mine placement at the beginning speed-up felt weird. It was just kind of a block compared to Hard.
Some of the later mine placement was okay. Maybe a bit too random.
07 / 10 - Secondary Chart
The rhythm you were stepping to was good.
You had a lot of doublesteps in here as well. Some of the doublesteps did work out and didn’t necessarily make turning awkward. Some of them did though, so it resulted in some bad turning, like in m54.
There were some ambiguous steps as well. M13 had a U/D jump in which if you didn’t jump the right way, you would end up doublestepping.
One of the sections that had the main chorus felt like it had repeated steps, such as copy+paste arrows from a previous section. I think for that you could have switched it up a bit (in terms of arrow placement) or just L/R mirror it.
03/ 05 - Presentation
The background graphics were okay. The font effect was nice. I’m not entirely sure what that is though. Is that grass or something?
The gradient in the banner felt off. I’m still not really seeing an image of fire or burning here, if that was the intended goal.
It was nice that you had a BGScript, but the videos didn’t really help out. Most of them didn’t feel related to the song though, or your background graphics.
I think you should use the #DISPLAYBPM tag so that you can just set the BPM display to just 140, since you only have the high BPMs for such a short time.
The stops in the stepchart felt a bit off. I didn’t really hear anything that called for any stops in the song, mostly because the background synths were still going, even though the synth you were stepping to had some pauses.
0.5/ +/- 01 - Tilt
Interesting song choice. I ended up liking the song.

I just 8 a Bit 17 / 25
5.5 / 10 - Expert
m6 has an ambiguous step. After the L/R jump, you can use either foot for the down arrow. One of those foot choices will lead you to doublestepping something not as fun.
The jumps in m11 didn’t make as much sense as it could compared to the previous measures, where they emphasized that boom sound.
I would see most people doublestepping that twisty part you mentioned. Not entirely sure how people would go into that better and actually commit to twisting.
Somewhere in that m3x-4x section, some of the 16th note triplets don’t follow the rhythm. Some 16th note triplets that do follow the rhythm get omitted as well. It is good to mix up rhythms a bit, but in this particular section it seemed like this might have hurt more than helped.
In the m7x-8x section, you have arrows at the end of freezes that Stepmania calls hands, when they aren’t really hands. I’d just shorten the freezes a bit by 16ths so that Stepmania doesn’t do that. ;)
Rolls have okay placement. Mines have okay placement.
So apart from the things I mentioned, the rest of the rhythms are okay as well. Some of the rhythms kind of get muddied up between the chiptune and the percussion, so clearer consistency on that can be good. Separate them and emphasize them in different sections.
7.5 / 10 - Secondary Chart
The rhythms were good. It felt kind of like a cross between DDR-heavy and ITG-hard. The changes in arrow rhythms were good. It felt a bit messy with consistency, but it was good.
I wasn’t a fan of the difficulty drop in the m37-43 section. The mine placement on that section didn’t seem to go with anything. It didn’t feel like it simulated a quarter note jump if that was intended or not.
m57 has an ambiguous step, mostly because it leads into a down arrow, which could be either stepped with the left or right foot.
m63-64 had a better difficulty drop here because the synth was more simple.
Roll usage after m81 kind of felt more random.
There were some double steps that just kinda felt eh.
04 / 05 - Presentation
The graphics are okay.
I felt the song was a bit repetitive. It felt hard to differentiate a lot of the song. Perhaps shortening the song cut would be good. Otherwise the song wasn't bad.
00 / +/- 01 - Tilt
BEEP BOOP FXCK THE TURRET

Kimi no Heart ni Lock-on 20.5 / 25
09 / 10 - Expert
The 12th note streams had some good arrow placement alternation.
A potential 12th note drill was omitted in m21.
There’s a random mine in m55 and I have no idea what it’s doing there haha.
There were some doublesteps that lead to awkward turning, such as m83-84. Other than that, the file was rhythmically great and challenging! I can’t entirely tell if it should be rated as a 14.
7.5/ 10 - Secondary Chart
There seems to be some patterning changes for some of the sections with repeating music. The only problem with this was that it usually changed from high intensity to relatively low intensity, cutting off the difficulty flow there.
There were a couple of doublesteps that made it awkward.
Otherwise, I liked the choice in patterning/rhythm.
04 / 05 - Presentation
I think the font choice could have been different. It kind of clashes with the background render. Otherwise, background graphics are okay.
The speedup in m49 could have worked better with stops in it rather than just ‘full on go back to 260 BPM mode’. Not something I’m adding points on/docking points on/doing anything with points, just a suggestion ;)
00 / +/- 01 - Tilt
doo be doo

SOUND OF DELIGHT 21.5 / 25
08 / 10 - Expert
There were some 32nd notes you could have followed in that m4x section. Probably not when it was quieting down, but maybe in the 16th note stream later. Not something I’m affecting points on, just a suggestion. ;)
You switched to different rhythms during the main synth. Sometimes it worked. Changing it to slow gallops in m61 felt like an unnecessary difficulty drop. Although I liked m75-78 a lot better for some odd reason.
m66 was interesting.
m68 had double stepping, but that was a good example of fun double stepping.
It was a bit of a repetitive chart, so eventually some of the sections felt kinda eh to do as you go on, but the rhythms were mostly great.
9/ 10 - Secondary Chart
The opening felt a bit too bare. Maybe having quarter notes spaced two quarter notes apart could have been better, instead of having them spaced a measure apart.
There was a potentially ambiguous step in m62. Even though you had a right arrow after the U/D jump, you could technically try stepping it with either foot.
The m75-78 section felt a bit eh with the rhythms. What you did in the Expert chart might fit nicely in this part.
Otherwise, this stepchart did well with the rhythms and felt relatively nice and consistent.
4.5 / 05 - Presentation
The graphics were great. I felt the song might have been a bit too long though. There were plenty of repetitive parts in the music that kinda forced your hand to make mostly similar rhythm placements.
00 / +/- 01 - Tilt

Twisted 25 / 25
10/ 10 - Expert
I liked how you had those short freezes to follow that voice synth.
The gallops were extremely fun.
It seems like there was some kind of background synth going on a 12th note stream in the m4x section. You ignored it, and this was a good decision. The steps that were there were nice. Although there was a random 16th note in m48 that was just kinda emphasized there in the section and I’m not sure why.
It looks like a 9, but it seems like a 10 for some odd reason.
You had some doublestepping, like in m45 and m16. Those are the only instances I can recall for now; I don’t think there were others. The one in m45 had 4th notes though, and that kind of doublestepping can be fun.
This was a good chart.
I was a pretty big fan of this Heavy chart. It’s a really nice 7 that has a good mix of 4th notes and 12th notes. I have no complaints here.
4.5 / 05 - Presentation
The graphics were great. I was a big fan of the BPM gimmicks, and I am glad we live in a world where BPM gimmicks are now okay and no one rushes for a C-mod to play it. A highlight I liked was the BPM gimmick in m24-25, with the stops going to the 6th notes or whatever, but the stream going to the 12th notes.
The ending part kinda felt eh because it doesn't really add too much to the charts. I feel like this small section could have been removed.
01 / +/- 01 - Tilt
Great song choice. I don’t hear too much of Xilent in stepfiles, or I’m not looking in the right places. This was enjoyable and replayable.
Totals to 25.5 but limited to 25!
Last edited by Excel on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posting Member

by hellrazor » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:14 pm

Approval vote based on hardest chart only:

Apocolypse Aside from the clogged minefields it was fantastic, will you fix that please?

Sound of Delight It's perfect minus the 32nd note runs, those should be dummied down into 2-arrow runs instead of requiring so much movement because of their speed.

//--------------------Some comments on the other files------------------

Bloody Battle - Extremely Overstepped and crazy BPM's, hmm which ITG song is this like, absolutely NONE of them, this is not what ITG is supposed to look like, this has more in common with Keyboard charts.

I just 8 a bit - Too many HANDS, and awkward HANDS like the freeze handplants, 4-arrow jump when trying to avoid mines, handplants during TWO ARROW ROLLS. ITG doesn't use hands in such an awful way, seems like you just used hands to make the chart harder but you sacrificed the enjoyment value.

Kimi no Heart ni Lock-On - Those killer 12th runs that go to NOISE were not enjoyable. I don't like stepping to NOISE, give me a song with more pronounced beats to step, this one was IMHO much to over-stepped.

Twisted - Nothing like an ITG file, this is a DDR Boss song and I hate the gimmicks, all of them.
Posting Member

Next