by Aki » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:23 pm

...I just shat bricks when I realized that
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

Re: DDR 1-1 Judging Thread

by Yuke » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:26 pm

Approval vote:

Teknopathetic
Normally I don't enjoy music like this, but the steps got me this time. Great job!

Tweet Tweet
It's really great, the most fun simfile from the DDR bracket this far from me.
Btw. I was searching for the video, and couldn't find it anywhere. Did you make it yourself, or maybe it's from some kind of 'underground' website? :D
Posting Member

by cpubasic13 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:48 pm

Approval vote:

Sumire September Love
Fun steps, although the "feat. IZAM" should have been in the artist field. Just a minor annoyance of mine.
Tweet Tweet
A few awkward steps but it was fun.
Posting Member

by Aki » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:04 pm

Yuke wrote:I was searching for the video, and couldn't find it anywhere. Did you make it yourself, or maybe it's from some kind of 'underground' website? :D
I found it lying unconscious on the undernet on a cold electric storm.... nah, I did it, though with bad internets and a very barebone Sony Vegas. I'm also avoiding to use photos, so I used stock clips. I spent an hour or two working on a "PV" for that... I was originally planning to draw a character, but it will take time... I wanna make a video for I Just 8 A Bit and You Just Got Arabia'd, but I don't have time. I remade the video for B-Dash though, despite a little wonky
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

by Yuke » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:10 pm

I found it lying unconscious on the undernet on a cold electric storm.... nah, I did it

Congratulations, then. It was really, really, I mean REALLY well done. In fact it was so good, that it made me searching for it and wondering who the author is. :)
I certainly would love to see some more of your works!
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:03 pm

He also makes music. ;)
Posting Member

by Aki » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:04 pm

Thanks, i'm glad someone noticed and appreciate it :v
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

by Chmurek » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:19 pm

Approval votes.

freeze
I must say, I hate the song, but the chart has some interesting and creative ideas, hence my vote.

Teknopathetic
The chart looks very polished. The steps suit the song perfectly, the file has a great progression.

Tweet Tweet
Utter brilliance. If I could bring myself to do the complete reviews you would earn a perfect score. Everything about this file is amazing, the steps, the presentation, the progression. This is my favorite!
That guy who made stuff like Rockhill / Vodka / Artillery / Gee
Posting Member

by Zounder » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:23 pm

hellrazor wrote:I can play however I want

I believe I reiterated that a couple times. I never said differently. Again, repeating myself.

whether it's C150 or C800, it doesn't make a difference.

You were the one who suggested it -did- make a difference, not me.

and will not want to double-step the spins.

Again, not spins.

And what NERVE you have to respond to my honest review by attacking me.

First off, I was responding to Aurae in this thread, not you, you were the one who got involved here. Second, where on earth did I attack you? I'm sorry if you got that impression.

Grow a pair and learn how to accept criticism

I have accepted all criticism graciously. You seem to be the one attacking me here.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:25 pm

This thread was to be locked too, with the rest once results were released, so locking now.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by BLueSS » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Simply quoting this for reference in case the original post gets edited.

hellrazor wrote:QUESTION: Whose job is it to make sure all the graphics follow the RULES per required dimensions ratios? If it's the judge's job will you advise which files are violating the rules and how many points to dock them? For instance in Trial of Phoneix and Omega Gangster both use .jpg images and Max 150 is a 256x105 ratio.

I rate charts based on how they flow with the music and are dance-able. So a perfect score means I thought it went well with the music and had no errors (not that I was amazed at the steps I am being entirely objective). I'll decrease the score if I hate gimmicks enough. For brevity I thought all the arrows went well with the music unless noted otherwise, if so then I only knocked off points for making me face away from the screen unless it's a full spin and I enjoyed doing it.

Disco The Ground 20 / 25
10 / 10 - Heavy Nice solid chart, some fun turns, good job of following proper step patterns.
07 / 10 - Standard Nice groovy medium chart, three awkward parts that caused me to double-step.
04 / 05 - Presentation Good job on using the video for everything. The banner looks like Disco The GroWnd, you should have used an over-lay or contrasted the TEXT.
-01 / ± 01 - Tilt The singer is ANNOYING.

Fascination eXtasy 16 / 25 I'll spare you and skip the Challenge
04 / 10 - Heavy Clearly a throwback to DDR style boss songs, but that doesn't mean I have to like it, I don't like the use of spins here or gimmicks that just make me want to punch you.
07 / 10 - Standard Seems like you took this right out of the How To Make a Standard for a DDR boss song, a little bit easier but with some insanity here and there for good measure. It works well enough but I still hate the gimmicks.
05 / 05 - Presentation I like it, nice graphics and video.
00 / ± 01 - Tilt Brave song choice and even though I hate it, it's definitely DDR style but there is already a good Fascination song and simfile for Fascination MAXX (Callie & Juice's Maxxmimum Overload Mix).

Freeze 15 / 25
04 / 10 - Heavy Bad flow, I counted 6 sections that put my back to the TV and kept it there, pad test your files.
07 / 10 - Standard Other than 3 bad turns, it was a great standard chart.
03 / 05 - Presentation I really don't like the BG image, it has nothing to do with the song, you should have used part of the video, the song isn't about COLD it's about staying still, and it contrasts the video which is very cartoonist.
01 / ± 01 - Tilt For use of FREEZE arrows during the "FREEZE".

Sumire September Love 21 / 25
09 / 10 - Challenge One double-step beat 205 and 205.5 both use the Right foot.
09 / 10 - Heavy Beats 96 and 97 cause the player to turn away from the TV, bad positioning, otherwise this seems alot like the Challenge chart I just played but with fewer jumps.
04 / 05 - Presentation I don't like how the BGVideo jumps to BLACK when the steps stop but the song keeps playing. But I do like having the video and your graphics are good.
-01 / ± 01 - Tilt I don't like the song, sorry.

Teknopathetic 13 / 25
04 / 10 - Heavy I counted 6 half-spins at all the Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh sections, shame because the original file had the same types of steps but better patterns that didn't cause players to turn backwards, I'm not sure why you changed it unless it's just to not STEAL so much from the source.
05 / 10 - Standard I counted 5 bad spins in this, it's as if the double-stepping was intentional because they followed different parts of the music than they did in Heavy.
05 / 05 - Presentation So you admit you made this based on an ITG simfile? Why didn't you include the original chart as an EDIT? I like your graphics and SampleStart better than the ITG version and I like the song.
-01 / ± 01 - Tilt Because it's not all original work (basically you already knew it worked well in dance game world before you choose it = unfair).

Tweet Tweet 19 / 25
07 / 10 - Heavy 3 Sections spun me backwards, why do you do that to me what did I do to you?
07 / 10 - Standard Three here as well, although at least one was because I went from a JUMP to the UP arrow with my right foot, but that should be expected a LR jump into Up is most natural to do with the right foot, if you wanted a left leading foot you should have used a hold or something to force it.
05 / 05 - Presentation Cute and interesting song-choice, perfect artwork for the song and thanks for the video.
00 / ± 01 - Tilt It's good but not spectacular.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

Previous