Best of BEST-mix Artists - Download Link & Discussion

Best of BEST-mix Artists - Download Link & Discussion

by Lisek » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:42 pm

The main idea behind this pack was to create a special "thank you" pack for those who stayed with BEST-mix for all these years. This pack contains the best, hand-picked by artists simfiles. I hope that everyone will be able to enjoy the package.

I would like to thank all of the simmakers that have supported this pack by submitting their files. We got total of 18 users submitting the files. Without them this package wouldn't be created.

The pack itself is 280mb. Contains 32 songs. All of the songs were encoded in .ogg so everything should be playable in In The Groove PC.

Please mind that this package is not meant to be judged. Play and enjoy but refrain from starting any flames on this one. Feel free to state which files you liked or loved of course. Also, please do mind that song choice was personal, based on how stepartist liked the file. Don't ask things like "why didn't you post XXX instead of YYY".

If anything is wrong with any simfile please contact me ASAP. Will be posting patches or re-uploading pack if needed.

Special thanks to:
- BlueSS for hosting of these contests since 2007 and allowing me to host this one bonus pack.
- Akira for helping me to keep alive the original idea topic :)
- all of BEST-mix simmakers, wouldn't be possible to do anything without them

[dead]sendspace - http://www.sendspace.com/file/7yzgbb
[dead]speedyshare - http://www.speedyshare.com/b3n8H/Best-o ... rtists.zip
[added 5th June 2013]mega - https://mega.co.nz/#!eZMRFThQ!eAHTq1Kft ... 3ga8rVrx_8
Last edited by Lisek on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Posting Member

Re: Best of BEST-mix Artists - Download Link & Discussion

by Lisek » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:42 pm

This package contains files from (ordered by time sent):
Lisek | SM.com, ZiV, bemani
Isengard - Bass Piratez
Monster - The Automatic

Nusa
Polyrythm - Perfume

hellrazor
Achilles, Agony And Ecstasy - ManOwaR
The Time (Dirty Bit) - Black Eyed Peas

Oni-91
Der Wald (kors k Remix) - Eleharmonica remixed by kors k
Parousia - Xi

cpubasic13
How R U Doin - Aqua
Make Em Die Slowly - The Speed Freak

#Infinity
MIDNIGHT LOVE - NEO
TUTANCHAMON - DOMINOO

Zounder
Burning Desire - MEGA NRG MAN
Mikan - Morning Musume

aurae
Must Be The Moon - !!!
SING A SONG - nobuchikaeri

Valex
Born To Be Bone - Tomohiro Harada & Steve Eto
Fun - MR. T

x0_000
Spin Me Round (Like A Record) - Danzel

jammitch!
Grip - Stryker
Work It - Gecko Yamori

Kewing
TETRIS 7" - DOCTOR SPIN
Mr. Vain - CULTURE BEAT

Dark Luke
The Soul Receiver - Old Man's Child
Foggy Dew - Beltaine

Telperion
Ray of Illuminati - ESTi
So Fabulous So Deep - dj Kaltaro

will-i-am
BOOM BOOM POW - BLACK EYED PEAS
YOUR LOVE IS MY DRUG - Ke$ha

Akira
B-DASH - Tongari Kids
No Furture - Rah Bras

k//eternal
Nataradiin - Q-Mex vs Auridy
Icarus - EAGLE

BlueSS
Misery Business - Paramore
Last edited by Lisek on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:20 pm

Okay, right off the bat, I have a few words to say to Akira...

B-DASH! (Ver. Hanagoe) - YES! Perfect Choice!

No Future - ...really? You chose THIS obscure file as your second entry? What about All My Love from FunkyMix? You know, the WINNER of that simfile competition, not to mention one of your very best creations of all time, along with the above masterpiece? Um...this is certainly one of your strangest simfiles, I'll give it that, but of everything in your enormous catalogue of wacky fun, I'm personally surprised you settled upon something with by far not your best graphics, decent-but-not-great steps, shrill vocals, and a SpookyMix-worthy background video. I guess such a wild decision could only be made by someone like Akira...
Posting Member

by Lisek » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:25 pm

Eh...

Ok, getting back on track. There is one more entry which wasn't posted together because of some confusion. Telperion's So Fabulous So Deep will be reuploaded together with pack sometime later. Now you can download it as standalone.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tpez9452u45pjbu
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:30 pm

I hadn't played it before downloading this pack, but wow, I have to say that I really love How R U Doin.
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:32 am

Lisek wrote:Akira
B-DASH - Tongari Kids

<3
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:24 pm

Lisek wrote:Akira

<3
Posting Member

by Aki » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:55 pm

<3<3<3

#Infinity wrote:No Future - ...really? You chose THIS obscure file as your second entry?
...the spooky mix part made me laugh out that everyone started looking at me xD

Yes, it is the strangest, it's really hard to choose among the files. Besides, All My Love is still fresh. Also, No Furture is the most... trolling file.

And yeah, i'm still worried about DDREvolved.
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:26 pm

Akira wrote:And yeah, i'm still worried about DDREvolved.

Yes, unfortunately tovus is the only person with control over the site's maintenance, and he just hasn't been around much in the past few years. I asked the_ditz about the situation, and he told me he tried to contact tovus to take a look, but he still hasn't responded. In the meantime, under BlueSS' permission, I've moved DDREvolved's activity to this website and re-opened SpookyMix 2012 reservations in the Simfile Discussion forum.
Posting Member

by Aki » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:21 am

Do you think it's about time we take things over and start our own and continue the legacy? *wink wink nudge nudge*
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

by Lisek » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:58 am

As there has been no other messages than Telperion's I have reuploaded package and updated links.
Posting Member

by hellrazor » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:46 pm

I liked The Soul Reciever the most and So Fabulous So Deep is um... Well So Deep doesn't play long enough and it's really just a combination of two songs with no mixing, but it's still kinda neat.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:55 pm

Lisek, thank you for heading up this pack and getting it organized & released!
This was my first time seeing some of these files before.

Born to be Bone - what an awesome variation of beats the song has, and good use putting them to use. :)

Foggy Dew - such an interesting song and steps, however the slow part is too long for my tastes.
fun - Not my favorite genre of music, but such an interesting chart!

Ray of Illuminati - I'm a DJMax fan, and have been since the original PC version. With this song being one of the oldest songs in the franchise, I have played official charts for this song many times. It's very hard for me to adjust to this chart, as I keep wanting to put beats where some of the official charts are (which you seem to vary a bit away from).

Work It - I liked this chart when it was released years ago, and I still like it today. I think my favorite of your files is still Los Angeles is Burning though.

So Fabulous So Deep - That mashup.... I don't know if that mashup should exist. :p

Tutanchamon - I forgot how fun this file was until playing it again now.

k//, what's the story with nataraadiin and Icarus making it into your top two non-BEST-mix picks? I'm not familiar with the files.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Telperion » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:03 am

BLueSS wrote:Ray of Illuminati - I'm a DJMax fan, and have been since the original PC version. With this song being one of the oldest songs in the franchise, I have played official charts for this song many times. It's very hard for me to adjust to this chart, as I keep wanting to put beats where some of the official charts are (which you seem to vary a bit away from).

So Fabulous So Deep - That mashup.... I don't know if that mashup should exist. :p

Haha, I can explain. Backstories~

Ray of Illuminati is one of my better-received entries in a Z-I-v contest (Immortals 2). I found Ray of Illuminati and wrote its charts months before I started on Technika, so I was equally surprised in reverse when I played its MX a couple weeks ago for the first time. That said, I would probably revise a couple of the rhythms, but I think in general mine work well for foot movement as opposed to finger movement.

So Fabulous So Deep is the result of a bad idea a few members of the r21 community had. The mashup artist is an alias of Myon Beyond [a] on r21freak, who's responsible for a couple other abominations, most notably tapuu tears your dawgs in da house. I originally simfiled it so I could bring back SO DEEP OMG!! but I ended up really enjoying the charts.
Image Image
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:09 pm

BLueSS wrote:I think my favorite of your files is still Los Angeles is Burning though.

Funny, I didn't think it held up really well. It's definitely a bit more old-school DDR though, with runs for the sake of runs and that kind of thing.
A crossbeats REV. stream? On Twitch? It's more likely than you think!
Posting Member

Next