Semi-Final Round - Voting & Discussion (& Wildcard Winners)

Re: Semi-Final Round - Voting & Discussion (& Wildcard Winne

by Zounder » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:21 am

Just realized my decision is easy. I shouldn't be stressing over which file will do better in the finals: ELECTRIC SHOCK is my personal favorite of my two files, it's the one that moves on.

Sad to see GANGNAM STYLE's journey end, but if I absolutely have to pick one, I will go with ELECTRIC SHOCK.
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:43 am

Lisek wrote:Yeah. There is.

Yuke votes:
DDR:
#1 - Space Truckin', I'll be there for you Zero no tsukaima F (Greg - friend)
#2 - Russian Unicorn, The Ultimate Grilling Restaurant! (Ronin - friend)
#3 - Candy Girl, MAX 300 takamatt MIN REMIX
#4 - Gangnam Style, 3y3s
#5 - Love In The Shadows, Fireflies
#6 - Vertex (Stage 1), Control Your Mind
#7 - Tweet Tweet, Canonloid -memorandum-

ITG:
#1 - Twisted, Hyadain No Joujou Yuujou (Hajtos - friend)
#2 - Kung Fu Empire, Brilliant 2U (AKBK Mix)
#3 - Hammerhead, Muenzuka Set 02 Oriental Dark Flight
#4 - Apocalypse, Pop - (-'Nsync Cover-)
#5 - Hardkore of the North, Rising (Chmurek - boyfriend)

I HAVE ENOUGH OF YOUR BULLSHIT. NOW FUCK OFF FROM ME AND NUSA. Don't make me to take in previous rounds. I have no fucking idea why you have so much hate to me. You, Hajtos, powazny, Yuke. I know that I had quarrels with Greg and Chmurek but I parted my ways with them peacefully. Seriously, fuck off from me. Mind your own fucking business and leave me alone.

And I'm going to say once again - I have been judging files, not people. I don't care whose file I was judging. I was using the same guidelines for all files that I was judging since BEST-mix #1. Not my fault that Hajtos file was below of my expectations of the song. I didn't even give him the least points. No one else was, from the people I gave low points, was bitching like you all. Get over it. I didn't like the FILE and I had RIGHT to it. You don't need to bash me on because of that.

I'm really saddened that it has come to this but seriously this has to stop. You have crossed line which you shouldn't.

It's probably up to BlueSS to really handle this situation, but...seriously, this is the last Best-Mix, perhaps the last major simfile competition ever. It really disappoints me to see such a big spurt of drama right at the dawn of the final round, not to mention the 'Best Of' community pack as well. I don't want to take any sides in your situation, Lisek, as I probably don't know the whole story behind your group of acquaintances, but I just wish that you could enjoy the competition and be happy that both of your wildcard files advanced to the finals. As far as the competition goes, I agree that biased voting is unfair (I'm NOT accusing Yuke of voting unfairly), but it's just one person's say in vote anyway. If you want to continue bickering, I think you should at least take your fight somewhere else so that we can finish Best-Mix peacefully.

Anyway, I'm going to send Candy Girl to the finals because it has gotten slightly more positive reception than Love in the Shadows, and I personally like it a bit more, anyway. I didn't actually expect Love in the Shadows to do that well, considering what kind of a file is is, so I'm thankful and pleasantly surprised that its feedback was positive enough that it was able to qualify for the finals in the first place.
Posting Member

by Telperion » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:55 am

Zounder wrote:Just realized my decision is easy. I shouldn't be stressing over which file will do better in the finals: ELECTRIC SHOCK is my personal favorite of my two files, it's the one that moves on.

And mine as well, I think you've made the right choice :]
Image Image
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:59 am

First off: Deal Poland entrants, I hope you can work whatever this drama is between you guys. If not, BEST-mix may not be the best place to try to work this out. I don't think anyone outside of your group knows the drama (probably better if we don't) but I hope you all can enjoy participating in the remainder of the tournament. Sometimes people votes for their friends' files in tournaments. This has definitely been a source for drama before (cough DDRExtreme.co.uk vs nDDRo).

But at the end of the day, I allow people to vote for their own files, as well as any other file they choose. I hope that people will choose the files that deserve to actually win the tournament on the merits of being a great file, rather than ignoring a file that should move on for a friends'. I've also had people who only voted for their own file in the end to increase their chance of winning. I'm happy to report that the majority of participants do *not* vote these ways, and I can't really stop anyone from voting for a friends' file because maybe they do think the file is better.

I hope you all can resolve your issues, but if not, please don't drag the rest of BEST-mix into this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On an unrelated note, while waiting for the final votes on "which file should move on" I wanted to ask those who this rule does not affect. Which would you rather prefer:

1) The 1 file per author rule remains in effect.
OR
2) That rule goes away, allowing multiple songs per person in the finals, since those are the files that won the votes and they deserve to move on.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Lisek » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:10 am

I'm not saying that anyone is voting wrong or something - everyone can vote on whatever they want. They are accusing me of something that they are doing. I'm just pointing their hypocrisy. Believe me #Infinity, I would rather not have problems.

It's not me who started this. It wasn't me who was shouting about judges being biased, votes being biased (and getting as low as accusing of cheating) and also it wasn't me who was calling someone else effort a "brag-pack". I don't want it to continue.

I don't think anyone outside of your group knows the drama

The problem is that it's not only people from outside. Like I stated previously, I still don't know too.

Getting back on the track, it's good that most of files that I voted moved on (still, too bad that Tweet Tweet and TAKE OVER CONTROL didn't make it, loved them). Normally I would be happy to see my files advance but now I got all the happiness drained out, too bad for me.

About one file rule - I think that both should pass, they managed to get thru to that stage already. Of course I would give option to take one out, because you know those two files can get split votes and instead of getting for ex. 8 votes for one file can get twice 4 and then lose to some file with 6. So mainly if someone wants two - allow it, if someone wants one - allow it. Let them take risk, it may pay out or not.

And the last thing - as I promised the package will come out soon. Expect it to pop out before Wednesday. I hope that I can bring at least some joy with that one.
Posting Member

by Yuke » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:33 am

Seriously now, you got me mad.
I am voting for files I liked the most, not because they are made by somebody I know. I would like contests like that to be done without revealing the authors of the simfiles - just to shut assumptions like this. And there ya go, I was hoping that YOU wouldn't complain about this in this contest, at once, but here you just did that. A lot of the people I know decided not to vote - just because they didn't want to be accused of that by YOU. I wanted to vote, because I thought the audience for this contest is getting less interested and I also want to have my part in voting for simfiles that I liked, so they might move on.

I am also very displeased that you are assaulting me personally, because your girlfriend - Nusa - voted for both of your files, too, so did you. It's nice to point out someone, not saying a word about yourself, isn't it?

Please stop making DramaMix out of this, I was participating because I thought it could be fun, and now I am accused of voting for files not because I liked them, but because I know people who made them. Really? Are you really serious?

edit.
Also, could you tell me please WHERE I did anything for you to make you feel I hate you? I would be really grateful. The fact that I didn't vote for you is just because I liked the other files more than yours, and it should be obvious. If you'd been my best friend or my greatest foe, I'd still vote the same. Also, hypocrity? I do not remember accusing anyone of anything. In my post with votes I just wanted to explain to everyone why I'm not voting form myself - I do not like to do that, and I thought the other files deserved it more. In the first round when I gave approval votes I always tried to explain my choice in few words.
I do not hold anything against anyone, I think you are a great simmaker, but this time I liked other files better, that's all I can say. I am sorry for anything that could've offended you, but I would also like to request you not to drag and accuse me personally - with an unfair and untrue accusations. Thank you.
Last edited by Yuke on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:35 am

This is a sim comp. You can't HAVE sim comps without drama. Even if you try to all get along, it's just not possible anymore
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:11 am

BLueSS wrote:On an unrelated note, while waiting for the final votes on "which file should move on" I wanted to ask those who this rule does not affect. Which would you rather prefer:

1) The 1 file per author rule remains in effect.
OR
2) That rule goes away, allowing multiple songs per person in the finals, since those are the files that won the votes and they deserve to move on.

I think I had to choose between Ageha and Grip way back in the OSC days. Rules are rules - just ask Jordyn Weiber.
A crossbeats REV. stream? On Twitch? It's more likely than you think!
Posting Member

by cpubasic13 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:35 am

Zounder wrote:Sad to see GANGNAM STYLE's journey end, but if I absolutely have to pick one, I will go with ELECTRIC SHOCK.

You chose the better choice. Granted, I thought Gangnam Style was too predictable for an "oddball" choice, which was the only reason I didn't approval vote it in the first round. It was fun, but being Gangnam Style already hurt it to me.

As for my votes, I voted for my own because I'm proud of them and definitely wanted to see all of them progress to the finals in what is sure to be one hell of a close match. Even voting for only Apocalypse just tied me with another file.

This is a tough choice for me since I am actually quite fond of both my ITG entries, given they are the first really hard simfiles I made in over a year. I'll have to think about this for a little bit before deciding which moves on.
Posting Member

by Zounder » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:00 pm

cpubasic13 wrote:You chose the better choice. Granted, I thought Gangnam Style was too predictable for an "oddball" choice

Keep in mind that when I registered the song, it was out for about 48 hours. I had no idea it was going to blow up into a major internet phenomenon. That being said, you are correct that the song choice didn't end up being very oddball, unfortunately. I don't regret entering it, though, since there are people who enjoyed it.
Posting Member

by cpubasic13 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:15 pm

Was it really 48 hours? I could have sworn I heard it a week before submissions here were even available, and it was just picking up in popularity at the time I saw it, but then again I could be wrong. I don't remember too much from July due to being busy with Anime Expo at the start of it and then a Steam Sale happened and yeah.
Posting Member

by Zounder » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:34 pm

I just checked the date of the youtube video upload and it's July 15th, so yeah, you were right, it was actually weeks old. I guess I had a very inaccurate idea of when the song was released.

But I definitely registered it before it exploded. I don't remember the view count but it certainly hadn't hit the millions yet. Not that it matters at this point, but I just wanted to let you know that your instincts were right, haha.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:59 pm

cpubasic13 wrote:This is a tough choice for me since I am actually quite fond of both my ITG entries, given they are the first really hard simfiles I made in over a year. I'll have to think about this for a little bit before deciding which moves on.

Protip: Choose Hardkore of the North.

Kewing wrote:F*ck, I missed the voting? I was away of home, but I thought I could make it in time. Aw man, TAKE OVER CONTORL didn't advance? I thought that one deserved to move on, it was there on a tie with CONTROL YOUR MIND. And also surprised that Banzai Venus didn't get a single vote. That was very well constructed. Not that many surprises, though.

Aw, thanks. :P I would've voted for TOC had you voted for it, but yeah I didn't see much of a point in voting for it since everyone else was voting for CYM and that moving on over SPARKS FLY is baffling. Vertex (Stage 1) advanced, though, so that's good!

Zounder wrote:Just realized my decision is easy. I shouldn't be stressing over which file will do better in the finals: ELECTRIC SHOCK is my personal favorite of my two files, it's the one that moves on.

:D
Posting Member

by cpubasic13 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:23 pm

I guess if I have to, I'll pick Hardkore of the North, even though I have no idea if that is a good idea or not.

Oh well.
Posting Member

by Kewing » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:46 pm

Pff, whatever. I guess I'll go with Vertex, since that was the main sim for this competition after all, whatever the outcome is (3y3s was a secondary "bonus" I wanted to try for fun that I happened to have it on hand).
Why do you need SEGA Original Hedgehogs...?
Posting Member

PreviousNext