Semi-Final Round - Voting & Discussion (& Wildcard Winners)

Re: Semi-Final Round - Voting & Discussion (& Wildcard Winne

by Yuke » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:12 am

DDR:
#1 - Space Truckin', I'll be there for you Zero no tsukaima F
#2 - Russian Unicorn, The Ultimate Grilling Restaurant! (I believe that voting for my own file would not be right, since I have a different point of view on it~)
#3 - Candy Girl, MAX 300 takamatt MIN REMIX
#4 - Gangnam Style, 3y3s
#5 - Love In The Shadows, Fireflies
#6 - Vertex (Stage 1), Control Your Mind
#7 - Tweet Tweet, Canonloid -memorandum-

ITG:
#1 - Twisted, Hyadain No Joujou Yuujou
#2 - Kung Fu Empire, Brilliant 2U (AKBK Mix)
#3 - Hammerhead, Muenzuka Set 02 Oriental Dark Flight
#4 - Apocalypse, Pop - (-'Nsync Cover-)
#5 - Hardkore of the North, Rising
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:37 am

Team Last Minute Rush, gooooo

DDR

1: Space Truckin' - Abed
2: The Ultimate Grilling Restaurant! - Ghost of Stephen Foster
3: Candy Girl - MAX 300 Remix (I'm an asshole)
4: Gangnam Style - 3y3s
5: Teknopathetic - Trial Machine PheoniX WrighT
6: Vertex - Control Your Mind
7: Tweet Tweet - Electric Shock

ITG

1: Twisted - Intelligent Life
2: Kung Fu Empire - ONE CLICK HEADSHOT
3: HAMMERHEAD - ANTI THE∞HOLiC
4: Last Orgasm - Apocalypse
5: Hardkore of the North - Rising
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:10 am

DDR:
B1: Space Trucking is the clear winner. Very close among the other three, but I'll Be There For You somehow won out.
B2: Bubble Pop, another clear winner. Next vote goes to The Ultimate Grilling Restaurant. Still looking for a chart to Ghost that's actually swung.
B3: Candy Girl, again a clear winner. MAX 300 wins the second vote, barely. Fascination eXtasy would have made it if the second death run was more MAX 300 (like the first) and less PSM.
B4: Nasty bracket. Gotta give it to Gangnam Style. The other three are all good, but tie goes to the author, so Totalimmortal. (Insert "replacement jammitch!" joke here.) I'm quite proud to have as many votes as I do against this field.
B5: Hideki Naganuma is almost an auto-pass for Teknopathetic. Fireflies edges out Trial Machine for the second slot.
B6: All four files are super-close. I think I'm giving it to Sparks Fly and Control Your Mind, but it's a very tough decision.
B7: Electric Shock is a yes. Below that, it's tight, but I think Canonloid squeaks it out, despite 1) being the least essential song ever and 2) me liking it better when it was called One More Lovely. It's unfair, but I still miss the breakdown in Tweet Tweet.
A crossbeats REV. stream? On Twitch? It's more likely than you think!
Posting Member

by cpubasic13 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:12 pm

DDR
1: Space Truckin'
2: Bubble Pop, The Ghost of Stephen Foster
3: Candy Girl
4: Gangnam Style
5: Love In The Shadows
6: Control Your Mind
7: Canonloid -memorandum-, Tweet Tweet

ITG
1: Twisted
2: Kung-Fu Empire
3: Muenzuka Set 02 Oriental Dark Flight
4: Apocalypse
5: Hardkore of the North, Rising
Posting Member

by Ronin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Voting for yourself/boyfriend/girlfriend/friend only to raise epeen/deal with irl shitstorm... THAT SPORTSMANSHIP! I don't feel like voting on brackets that contain my simfile or files from ppl that I know IRL. Fairplay in LAST BM is imo quite important, sadly not everyone think so.

My picks are based only on heavy and/or expert chart
DDR
#3:
- MAX 300 takamatt MIN REMIX
- Candy Girl

#4:
- GANGNAM STYLE
- 3y3s

#5:
-Teknopathetic
- LOVE IN THE SHADOWS

#6 - I like all simfiles here so cant decide :x'

ITG:
#2:
- Brilliant 2U (AKBK Mix)
- Major Demon

#3:
- HAMMERHEAD
- Muenzuka Set 02 Oriental Dark Flight

#4:
- Last Orgasm
-Pop - (-'Nsync Cover-)
Posting Member

by Zounder » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:16 pm

Ronin wrote:Voting for yourself/boyfriend/girlfriend/friend only to raise epeen/deal with irl shitstorm... THAT SPORTSMANSHIP!

It's pretty accepted in these parts (at least, back in the day, maybe things have changed) that everyone for the most part votes for their own file/s, and it all essentially cancels out. If anything it encourages voting, and it's easier for everyone to vote for themselves and have it all cancel out than it is to ask everyone not to vote in their own categories. it's not bad sportsmanship, it's working as intended.

If you really think I am trying to raise my "epeen," I'll gladly go change my votes.

EDIT: It's also important to note that I'm pretty sure all of us who are voting for ourselves honestly feel that our files deserve to move on. It's not a "I'm voting for myself because it's my own file" thing.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:41 pm

I've tallied all of the votes so far (so don't edit your post anymore).

We have a few ties, so if someone can add an additional vote or two that would help break the ties. Otherwise, I'll be the tiebreaker vote. :)

Tied brackets: DDR 7, ITG 5
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Zounder » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:46 pm

Surprised will-i-am never voted. Is he around?
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:01 pm

I'll vote. I was supposed to send in mine earlier, but got busy. Finals are next week so I've been trying to focus on those, which is why I'm submitting these late. Count what needs to be counted.

DDR:

#1 - Space Truckin' & Aped
Looks like the former is truck, truck, truckin' away, as scheduled. I'd love to see Aped beat the other files here, but it probably won't.

#2 - Russian Unicorn & The Ultimate Grilling Restaurant!
I never got a chance to give feedback on Bubble Pop, but it's a try-hard sanchny impression. It's fun because of the song choice, but seriously those patterns are generic crowdpleaser. Would've voted for The Call Disconnected if the Edit chart was moved to Heavy and the file was submitted to the ITG bracket. Honestly, best ITG chart behind Kung Fu Empire and maybe Last Orgasm/Hardkore of the North, but ah well.

#3 - CANDY GIRL & MAX 300
MAX 300 is exquisite. I'd vote for the other boss song, but that'd look bad to have two max remixes in the finals, would'nit?

#4 - Totalimmortal & 3y3s
Weakest bracket. Not that this group isn't tough, they're just all files I wouldn't see moving on to the finals (save for GANGNAM STYLE, but I would think Zounder would pick ELECTRIC SHOCK over GANGNAM STYLE when both his files move on and he has to choose, because it's better, though looks like that ain't hapnin').

#5 - Teknopathetic & Trial Machine PheoniX WrighT
Gotta give a shout out to k//eternal somewhere. Teknopathetic might be my favorite DDR file. It has grown on me so much. Not to mention, DAT ending.

#6 - Vertex (Stage 1) & SPARKS FLY
Fudge. Well since TAKE OVER CONTROL isn't taking over control, it'd be futile to even vote for it. If a y3v0n file is going to advance, it has to be SPARKS FLY, but I'm appalled at the turn out! All you people voting for CONTROL YOUR MIND need to control your minds. Absurd.

#7 - ELECTRIC SHOCK & Canonloid -memorandum-
Yeah. Canonloid will move on. Tweet Tweet is no longer trending.

ITG:

#1 - Twisted & SOUND OF DELIGHT
Distracting gimmicks and overly repetitiveness ftw.

#2 - Kung Fu Empire & Brilliant 2U (AKBK Mix)
LOVE you know what by now.

#3 - HAMMERHEAD & Muenzuka Set 02 Oriental Dark Flight
I think these are better...

#4 - Last Orgasm & Pop - (-'Nsync Cover-)
Telly, if you don't pick Sota to advance... Seriously, I will Fujimori your ass.

#5 - Hardkore of the North & Rising
So many remixes this contest. I do quite like the sound of Tsugaru 2.0, though.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:17 pm

Here are the tentative results.

They are tentative, because we have several authors who had more than 1 file get enough votes to move on to the finals.
Per the tournament rules, an author can only have 1 file in each division's final round.
Before the semi-final results are finalized, I need an update from the following people on which file they want to be as their 1 file in the finals.

DDR
#Infinity
Zounder
Kewing
(possibly) y3v0n, depending on Kewing's decision.

ITG
Telperion
cpubasic13

Either post or send me a PM.
:)
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Zounder » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:44 pm

Congrats to all that advanced! Almost every file I voted for moved on. (Except for apricot stone...)

So, my personal favorite of my two files is Electric Shock, but it seems Gangnam Style has more support in terms of "this file is among my favorites" and thus is more likely to do better in the finals. Electric Shock has more general support for sure, but I haven't seen many opinions that make me believe people will vote for it in the finals. It makes it harder to make this decision when so many people haven't left specific comments.

I'll have my answer tomorrow.
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:42 am

As with Zounder, I'm having a rather difficult decision as to which file I should send to the finals. Both seem to have similarly positive reception. It seems like Candy Girl has the overall advantage, as a few people clearly seemed to prefer it over Love in the Shadows, but there isn't quite as much specific feedback about it, making it harder for me to tell if it actually stands a better chance, depending on the structure of the final round. Also, I actually spent a lot more time working on Love in the Shadows than I did on Candy Girl, and in the supposed spirit of this contest, it's probably a -risker- type of song to step for a competition like this unless you count Candy Girl's extreme cheesiness factor, which people certainly acknowledged but didn't seem to factor into their ratings or votes.

I don't know. Personally, I really don't like that Zounder, Kewing, cpubasic13, Telperion, and I have to leave one of our files behind because not only is it a hard decision, it means 5 entries won't get the chance to be in the finals on the basis of the author, regardless of their quality. I know and understand that it's fair to prevent any one person from over-dominating the contest by having too many files, but that's why there's a limit to how many files everyone can submit to the pack in the first place. In my opinion, two files in the finals by the same author isn't that big of a deal.

I feel pretty bad about some of the files that are on the chopping block now. I think it's fairly likely that Kewing will choose Vertex (Stage 1) over 3y3s (which would also prevent y3v0n from having to make this decision), but Gangnam Style and Electric Shock are my two favorite entries in the DDR bracket, while cpubasic13 and Telperion's ITG entries are all in my top 5 for the ITG bracket.

I'll try and make up my mind sometime later today.
Posting Member

by Kewing » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:19 am

F*ck, I missed the voting? I was away of home, but I thought I could make it in time. Aw man, TAKE OVER CONTORL didn't advance? I thought that one deserved to move on, it was there on a tie with CONTROL YOUR MIND. And also surprised that Banzai Venus didn't get a single vote. That was very well constructed. Not that many surprises, though.

Except maybe for the fact that 3y3s did advance, when clearly that file wasn't getting that good of a vibe on the reviews. Honestly, I'm not really sure what to choose. The feedback is so diluted for both, and most of people who voted for one of the 2 files also voted for the other. Which leads me to think that the rest don't really care about any, and consequently no matter what I choose, it will not have muich of an impact on the finals.

I'll probably incline to Vertex (I still like it a lot), but leave me a couple of hours to decide.
Why do you need SEGA Original Hedgehogs...?
Posting Member

by Ronin » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:43 am

Zounder wrote:
Ronin wrote:Voting for yourself/boyfriend/girlfriend/friend only to raise epeen/deal with irl shitstorm... THAT SPORTSMANSHIP!

It's pretty accepted in these parts (at least, back in the day, maybe things have changed) that everyone for the most part votes for their own file/s, and it all essentially cancels out. If anything it encourages voting, and it's easier for everyone to vote for themselves and have it all cancel out than it is to ask everyone not to vote in their own categories. it's not bad sportsmanship, it's working as intended.

If you really think I am trying to raise my "epeen," I'll gladly go change my votes.

EDIT: It's also important to note that I'm pretty sure all of us who are voting for ourselves honestly feel that our files deserve to move on. It's not a "I'm voting for myself because it's my own file" thing.

Don't mean me wrong, I'm not saying that everyone exploit this "I can vote for myself so we" system. However there is certain group of people here that try to manipulate with votes in order to deal with some irl bs/bump their friends. And THAT is bad sportsmanship for me.
Posting Member

by Lisek » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:59 am

Yeah. There is.

Yuke votes:
DDR:
#1 - Space Truckin', I'll be there for you Zero no tsukaima F (Greg - friend)
#2 - Russian Unicorn, The Ultimate Grilling Restaurant! (Ronin - friend)
#3 - Candy Girl, MAX 300 takamatt MIN REMIX
#4 - Gangnam Style, 3y3s
#5 - Love In The Shadows, Fireflies
#6 - Vertex (Stage 1), Control Your Mind
#7 - Tweet Tweet, Canonloid -memorandum-

ITG:
#1 - Twisted, Hyadain No Joujou Yuujou (Hajtos - friend)
#2 - Kung Fu Empire, Brilliant 2U (AKBK Mix)
#3 - Hammerhead, Muenzuka Set 02 Oriental Dark Flight
#4 - Apocalypse, Pop - (-'Nsync Cover-)
#5 - Hardkore of the North, Rising (Chmurek - boyfriend)

I HAVE ENOUGH OF YOUR BULLSHIT. NOW FUCK OFF FROM ME AND NUSA. Don't make me to take in previous rounds. I have no fucking idea why you have so much hate to me. You, Hajtos, powazny, Yuke. I know that I had quarrels with Greg and Chmurek but I parted my ways with them peacefully. Seriously, fuck off from me. Mind your own fucking business and leave me alone.

And I'm going to say once again - I have been judging files, not people. I don't care whose file I was judging. I was using the same guidelines for all files that I was judging since BEST-mix #1. Not my fault that Hajtos file was below of my expectations of the song. I didn't even give him the least points. No one else was, from the people I gave low points, was bitching like you all. Get over it. I didn't like the FILE and I had RIGHT to it. You don't need to bash me on because of that.

I'm really saddened that it has come to this but seriously this has to stop. You have crossed line which you shouldn't.
Posting Member

PreviousNext