WILDCARD ROUND - Vote through Wednesday!

WILDCARD ROUND - Vote through Wednesday!

by BLueSS » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:47 am

Wildcard Round
2 Files from Each Division (4 total) will get a 2nd chance to move on!

How this works
Any song that received a score higher than (or tied to) the lowest overall scoring file that did move on is eligible.
Make a post in this thread with the following details:
Code: Select all
DDR Song A
DDR Song B

ITG Song A
ITG Song B

There is no preference/rank in this vote, each file receives 1 point/vote, and the top 2 DDR and ITG files by total points will move on.

Voting will end 9pm PST, Wednesday the 19th. The semi-final round will start IMMEDIATELY after (it gets an extra full day).

Link to Eligible Entries
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

Re: WILDCARD ROUND - Vote through Wednesday!

by Hainaut » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:57 am

DDR Songs:

freeze
Ghost of Stephen Foster

ITG Songs:

Hyadain No Joujou Yuujou
ONE CLICK HEADSHOT

EDIT: Wait just a second. I knew I felt suspicious when I saw that Twisted has a Round 1 total of 29.58. I think the scores for the ITG B1-1 files are unfairly high because they were never adjusted to compensate for that battle's lack of partial reviews, just as DDR B1-2 had no complete reviews. I don't know exactly how much this will affect the eligible wildcard participants or possibly the rest of the contest, but I think you may want to do a recalculation.

Perhaps it's not really significant to the contest's overall outcome, but this incredibly complicated grading system is not balanced in this round because battles that got a higher percentage of full reviews have higher totals than those with more partial reviews. This will certainly create problems if the Round 1 results are carried into the next round, so I can only hope that the semi's will start with a clean slate.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:31 am

#Infinity wrote:EDIT: Wait just a second. I knew I felt suspicious when I saw that Twisted has a Round 1 total of 29.58. I think the scores for the ITG B1-1 files are unfairly high because they were never adjusted to compensate for that battle's lack of partial reviews, just as DDR B1-2 had no complete reviews. I don't know exactly how much this will affect the eligible wildcard participants or possibly the rest of the contest, but I think you may want to do a recalculation.

Perhaps it's not really significant to the contest's overall outcome, but this incredibly complicated grading system is not balanced in this round because battles that got a higher percentage of full reviews have higher totals than those with more partial reviews. This will certainly create problems if the Round 1 results are carried into the next round, so I can only hope that the semi's will start with a clean slate.

Thanks for catching that. The Semi-final round does start with a clean slate, however the round 1 points determine the seeding for the semi-finals. You're right that no results will change, but I will go back in and add a partial reviews average, similar to what I did for DDR B1-2, so the scores are equalized.
Site Admin

by Hainaut » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:35 am

Well, it's not quite perfect, but it at least corrects the battle with the heaviest skew such that this issue shouldn't matter a whole lot.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:37 am

#Infinity wrote:Well, it's not quite perfect, but it at least corrects the battle with the heaviest skew such that this issue shouldn't matter a whole lot.

Also, my entire view this entire tournament has been this:

The top 50% of each bracket moves on. That's a WIDE gap for moving on. If your file can't beat our half of the competition, it's going to struggle in the final rounds anyway.
Site Admin

by Telperion » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:45 am

DDR:
The Master ov Time pt.1 - Escape
Flip Flap

ITG:
ONE CLICK HEADSHOT
Change
Image Image
Posting Member

by Greg » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:11 pm

DDR:
Sumire September Love
Flip Flap

ITG:
Disconnected
Hyadain no joujou yuujou
Posting Member

by Zounder » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:57 pm

DDR:

Ghost of Stephen Foster
freeze
Posting Member

by Powaznyczuowiek » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:39 am

DDR:
Aped
Disco the ground

ITG:
One click headshot
Hyadain No Joujou Yuujou
Posting Member

by joe2 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:18 am

ITG:
Hyadain No Joujou Yuujou
Change
Posting Member

by Kewing » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:12 pm

DDR:

Ghost of Stephen Foster
Sumire September Love

ITG:

ONE CLICK HEADSHOT.

I find this last one well executed and fun to play on keyboard. I'm surprised it didn't advance.
Stephen Foster was totally a given
Why do you need SEGA Original Hedgehogs...?
Posting Member

by Excel » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:53 pm

DDR:
Disco the Ground
Flip Flap

ITG:
Hyadain No Joujou Yuujou
Kimi no Heart no Lock-on
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:14 pm

DDR:
APED
Ghost of Stephen Foster

ITG:
CHANGE
Hyadain No Joujou Yuujou

Perhaps the most annoying thing about ONE CLICK HEADSHOT, besides the jacks, is the fact that the song was edited to offer more rhythmic diversity. Those 32nds and 24ths were added in to the song with waveform editing. At least, I hope they were. Points for trying, but Feed Me wouldn't approve.
Posting Member

by aurae » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:07 pm

will-i-am wrote:Perhaps the most annoying thing about ONE CLICK HEADSHOT, besides the jacks, is the fact that the song was edited to offer more rhythmic diversity. Those 32nds and 24ths were added in to the song with waveform editing. At least, I hope they were. Points for trying, but Feed Me wouldn't approve.

Image Image Image
you got me

Since I have cut the song, I came across a different version of the track with much more variety though, so I may re-cut it in the future. But yeah, as it is, I tried to mix a little of that in myself.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Haha, I do appreciate you trying to make it that way, though. You made a good decision there! I just wanted to state what I felt was obvious, since I'm a fan of EDM. Since no one seemed to notice, I thought I'd say something, but flying under the radar was probably your goal, so...sorry for that! >.<
Posting Member

Next