The Best of BEST-mix Artists Community Pack

Re: The Best of BEST-mix Artists Community Pack

by Lisek » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:49 am

I'm not going to be strict with the deadline, but I want to release it everything before finale and before everyone will go away from this site :P

By not previously released on Best-MIX does it aso include Community packs?

I count community packs as part of BEST-mix.
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:40 pm

I can send something in a few days as well. Need to think about which ones.
A crossbeats REV. stream? On Twitch? It's more likely than you think!
Posting Member

by k//eternal » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:16 pm

i think i know which ones i'd throw in. do you want added readmes or something? will there at least be a list of what's by who included in the pack (and links to everyone's sites)?
Image Image
Posting Member

by Lisek » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:50 pm

If you want add readme - feel free to. It's not mandatory.

Yes, I will post a nice lengthy post about pack at end. No problem with including links to sites also. Also if anyone will send me double file I will notice him/her.
Posting Member

by Aki » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:10 pm

Sent mine :v
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Lisek wrote:Also, BlueSS could you include information about this pack in newsletter if you will be sending one later?

Definitely. I love the idea of this, and am looking forward to seeing the pack.

For artists who may not be around for this BEST-mix, will any files be submitted to the pack on their behalf?
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by k//eternal » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:29 am

BLueSS wrote:For artists who may not be around for this BEST-mix, will any files be submitted to the pack on their behalf?

good point on absentees. maybe we could try to contact them? it's much less of a commitment to throw in two of your old files than to actually enter the contest
Image Image
Posting Member

by Zounder » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:33 am

I definitely plan to submit files, just need to update the graphics on one file. The other I will leave untouched.
Posting Member

by Kewing » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:58 am

Thanks for clearing up the doubts. Is there a complete list of all files submitted to both Best-Mixes and community packs? I can't remember all the files exactly.

And finally: isn't 2 files maybe a little low? To be honest, it is hard for me to choose such a low number of all the files I've done, so at least one more slot would be nice. Considering the number of people confirmed for the pack it shouldn't be that much of a problem.
Just a suggestion, though, I'll be fine with whatever the number of files is in the end.
Why do you need SEGA Original Hedgehogs...?
Posting Member

by Lisek » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Kewing wrote:Thanks for clearing up the doubts. Is there a complete list of all files submitted to both Best-Mixes and community packs? I can't remember all the files exactly.

You can double something which was already posted in BEST-mixes. You just can't send your own file from those mixes. (example. stepmaker A simmed ABC for BEST-mix 1, stepmaker B liked it but didn't like the steps and remade it then. stepmaker B can submit the new file to this pack)

Kewing wrote:And finally: isn't 2 files maybe a little low? To be honest, it is hard for me to choose such a low number of all the files I've done, so at least one more slot would be nice. Considering the number of people confirmed for the pack it shouldn't be that much of a problem.
Just a suggestion, though, I'll be fine with whatever the number of files is in the end.

No. I think 2 is ideal. 1 song that is your favourite and 1 that is best known / liked by people that have played your files.

For artists who may not be around for this BEST-mix, will any files be submitted to the pack on their behalf?

No. I can't chose someone best file.

good point on absentees. maybe we could try to contact them? it's much less of a commitment to throw in two of your old files than to actually enter the contest

I'm counting on that newsletter.
Posting Member

by Kewing » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Lisek wrote:You can double something which was already posted in BEST-mixes. You just can't send your own file from those mixes. (example. stepmaker A simmed ABC for BEST-mix 1, stepmaker B liked it but didn't like the steps and remade it then. stepmaker B can submit the new file to this pack)

I was actually referring to checking my own files to see which I had submitted. Can't remember them off the top of my head.

Lisek wrote:No. I think 2 is ideal. 1 song that is your favourite and 1 that is best known / liked by people that have played your files.

Ok then, got it.
Why do you need SEGA Original Hedgehogs...?
Posting Member

by Aki » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:27 pm

SUGGESTION!

While remembering this epic song, I suddenly thought... why not make a third slot, where we remake someone else's simfile? =D
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

by Dark Luke » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:40 pm

Lisek wrote:Yes, files from all other contests are acceptable.

About updated files - yes, complete remakes - no (that would qualify as new file).

Does major changes to hard/expert charts count as a complete remake?
Featuring over 70 songs, complete singles/doubles, difficulty 1-14 - click on banner to see songlist, view stepcharts, and/or download the pack
Posting Member

by Lisek » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:15 am

While remembering this epic song, I suddenly thought... why not make a third slot, where we remake someone else's simfile? =D

Does major changes to hard/expert charts count as a complete remake?

No. As complete remake I count file which:
- has new cut
- remade every chart (or most of them)

Changing two levels shouldn't be a major problem.

Also I would like to ask something - please send your files with your cdtitles as in those with nicknames. It will be easier to show off your files.
Posting Member

by Aki » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:32 am

We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

PreviousNext