BM5 - SCHEDULE, RULES, and SCORING

Re: BM5 - SCHEDULE, RULES, and SCORING

by Lisek » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:23 pm

Why release sim which have been released and everyone knows it (or can download any time) ? This makes no sense to me...really

Because it is 'farewell BEST-mix' pack. It's way of saying goodbye by artists here.

If you want to post somewhere new steps I recommend zenius-i-vanisher, creating your own pack with other members of communities or getting your file into contests.

previous CP was good because simfiles like "all the right moves" (which don't fit any of the conventions) could be posted

Also I would like to mention that this BEST-mix had 3 instead of traditional 2 slots for songs. Like BlueSS said:
BlueSS wrote:THE GOAL of this is to encourage taking a risk with the 3rd file. Make a chart you wouldn't normally step

That's why I got 'Ghost of Stephen Foster' - on normal conditions this would be a file which would be in community pack instead of main contest. Check out also 'the lost portrait', 'Twisted' or '2011 The Aftermash' for more reference on my point of view.

It's the last BM, so it's kinda not fair, that no one can show their charts only because (s)he found best-mix pretty late. And even if someone participated in 2 best-mixes he can't show his new steps.

There has been 2 mails from BlueSS one about deadline for BM5 and one specifically about this community pack. If you missed both of them and you also missed everything that has been happening on other big music gaming portals (bemanistyle, z-i-v, krokmania) then it seems that you weren't really interested in starting here.
Posting Member

by Greg » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Lisek wrote:If you want to post somewhere new steps I recommend zenius-i-vanisher, creating your own pack with other members of communities or getting your file into contests.

Don't worry, we don't lack sites where we can post our SIMfiles ;)
Posting Member

by Lisek » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:44 pm

That's great. Keep at it.

Now if you have some spare time on hands, would you mind to review some brackets of the contest?
Posting Member

by Greg » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Lisek wrote:Now if you have some spare time on hands, would you mind to review some brackets of the contest?

I already did a few days ago, but thanks for your encouragement :3
Posting Member

by Powaznyczuowiek » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:49 pm

If you want to post somewhere new steps I recommend zenius-i-vanisher, creating your own pack with other members of communities or getting your file into contests.

it's more likely to get to random people by best-mix, it's well known

There has been 2 mails from BlueSS one about deadline for BM5 and one specifically about this community pack. If you missed both of them and you also missed everything that has been happening on other big music gaming portals (bemanistyle, z-i-v, krokmania) then it seems that you weren't really interested in starting here.

i weren't intererested, because i didn't get any email? interesting.
I weren't inrerested in Best-Mix#5 because i haven't any simfile which fits the rules, but i wanted to post some irregular one

Why won't you release some Brag-Pack/Brag-Mix and leave Community Pack as it were ?
Posting Member

by Lisek » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:50 pm

It's getting nasty. I'm not going to discuss this any further. Please take your anger somewhere else.
Posting Member

by Greg » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:54 pm

Okay, okay, I just meant to ask about the regular community pack. If nobody is interested, then there's no point in forcing it or something.
Posting Member

by Yuke » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:16 pm

I'd also like to see normal-style Community Pack, but I won't argue, since it's probably too late for that. But I know several people who would like to send in some of their files, which were not released yet, but are a ton of fun, and really would add to the 'farewell', 'last' and other factors of this contest, I think :)
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Powaznyczuowiek wrote:previous CP was good because simfiles like "all the right moves" (which don't fit any of the conventions) could be posted

Oh, hey, thanks for the nod. ;)

I strongly believe in the necessity of Lisek's idea. It's a tribute to the many years this contest has been run, to the many people who have been involved, and to the many simfiles that have been released by those people in preparation for the annual competition or just for the sheer enjoyment of creation. That said, I do believe there's one puzzle piece left to place in this nearly finished picture. A Community Pack.

A Community Pack shouldn't be restricted to those who submitted contest files. BLueSS never once entered a BEST-mix contest, but he has hosted each and every one of them from the very beginning and deserves more than anyone else here to be highlighted in a BEST-mix Artists "Community" Pack. A Community Pack should be an all-inclusive project centered around one simple purpose: to produce a pack of files that represents the ability of the current community. Community, as I've learned from the NBC sitcom of the same name, involves many different people from many different backgrounds who share similarities, like, say, making simfiles, while maintain differences, like, uh, time zones, but ultimately all coexisting. I think that describes our community fairly well, don'tcha think?

If anyone else is interested, as I see a few have already shown their concern, I'd be willing to start a Community Pack reminiscent of the last two we've had. Given enough demand and approval from BLueSS, I'd be more than happy to initiate the project as a response to a desired final opportunity to showcase everything the community has left to offer in every wacky, unconventional way. No limitations. Just plain fun, or brutal, pad files.
Posting Member

by Yuke » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:06 am

In the previous post will-i-am described exactly how I feel about this matter.
You have my sword. :) I'll also try to make something which I could submit to this pack (if it takes place of course), despite the lack of time I currently have.
Last edited by Yuke on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posting Member

by Greg » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:42 am

Yup, I agree :) IMO, we can have 2 community packs. I think it won't interfere with Lisek's idea, because you just need to send ready files, so it's not like "Oh, I can't participate in yet another Community Pack cause I spent my whole time preparing my entry for the first one" xD
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:47 am

will-i-am wrote:BLueSS never once entered a BEST-mix contest

What about Love In Your Arms from Best-Mix #1? Technically, he entered under the StepFire alias that lrxevan had used just previously, but I'm pretty sure the file was his.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:03 pm

Yuke wrote:I'd also like to see normal-style Community Pack, but I won't argue, since it's probably too late for that. But I know several people who would like to send in some of their files, which were not released yet, but are a ton of fun, and really would add to the 'farewell', 'last' and other factors of this contest, I think :)

will-i-am wrote:If anyone else is interested, as I see a few have already shown their concern, I'd be willing to start a Community Pack reminiscent of the last two we've had. Given enough demand and approval from BLueSS, I'd be more than happy to initiate the project as a response to a desired final opportunity to showcase everything the community has left to offer in every wacky, unconventional way. No limitations. Just plain fun, or brutal, pad files.

You guys have my 100% blessing to organize an additional community pack for BM5! With the lack of overall energy though, I didn't think there would be enough time to focus on the tournament (as evidenced by the last of bracket 2 reviews) and submit files to a community pack.

#Infinity wrote:
will-i-am wrote:BLueSS never once entered a BEST-mix contest

What about Love In Your Arms from Best-Mix #1? Technically, he entered under the StepFire alias that lrxevan had used just previously, but I'm pretty sure the file was his.

"Love In Your Arms" in BM1 was indeed my file. :) I also submitted "Love Drunk" to the BM4 Community Pack.
I did not enter any other BEST-mix tournament, as I prefer to run the tournament and keep it clean from any possible conflict of interests having my own files in (besides, I don't make many simfiles myself).
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Aki » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:25 am

So um, what's the status of the current community pack?
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:58 am

I was wondering the same thing... Doesn't seem like a good idea to start another community pack if we can't get the already planned and submitted one out. I'm assuming Lisek is working on converting the files to make them machine ready or whatnot.
Posting Member

PreviousNext