ITG Semi-final Match-up: 3

ITG Semi-final Match-up: 3

by BLueSS » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:48 pm

The top 2 songs with the most votes from this match-up will move on to the finals.

Vote for the top TWO entries by posting in this thread.
You MUST vote for two files
You may vote in your own match-up.

- All I Do is Win
- W-B-X ~W-Boiled Extreme~
- DJ, Take Me Away
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

Re: ITG Semi-final Match-up: 3

by Lisek » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:21 am

- All I Do is Win
It's ok. It doesn't feel too ITGish comparing to other songs in this match-up.
It's fun and solid file. Good job.
- DJ, Take Me Away
Feels to be most ITG like from this match-up.
Posting Member

by pyroko » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:49 pm

W-B-X ~W-Boiled Extreme~
DJ, Take Me Away
Posting Member

by Jinxie » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:14 pm

WBX
DJ Take Me Away
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:17 pm

WBX
DJ, Take Me Away - LASER HARPS
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:17 pm

ALL I DO IS WIN (REMIX)

Honestly, how hasn't this gotten any votes yet! ): If I could vote for just this I would. Not to say that the others aren't good, but this one just goes above and beyond its competition here, which is a bold statement, but I strongly believe it.

I'm torn between the other two. Really. Will update later.

EDIT: Alright, made up my mind.

W-B-X is overall more enjoyable to play. Not to mention the song is quite catchy.
Last edited by will-i-am on Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Posting Member

by Telperion » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:23 am

All I Do Is Win
DJ, Take Me Away

W-B-X feels too unpolished compared to its matchup mates :/
Image Image
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:57 am

- DJ, Take Me Away

All I Do is Win seems more like a well-done joke simfile than anything I can take too seriously.
A crossbeats REV. stream? On Twitch? It's more likely than you think!
Posting Member

by hellrazor » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:38 pm

#1 - ALL I DO IS WIN x 100!!!!! - Best file in the entire contest!!!! Steps are just amazing, and the fact the song speed is not altered, this file is pure WIN WIN WIN!!!! The only reason I voted at all is to make sure this song wins, it's so good.

#2 - DJ, Take Me Away - (File is decent, but lack of a video, poor graphics, bad song-cut, and over-rated chart (it's just a 9 not a 10) means it wins because it's just a little better than WBX)
Posting Member

by hellrazor » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:44 pm

jammitch! wrote:All I Do is Win seems more like a well-done joke simfile than anything I can take too seriously.

Why, because of the song-choice? I admit I thought the song sounded crap, but the chart is brilliant, this file does such a good job of integrating with the music, no way would I ever think this was a joke because I can tell it took alot of work to make this file and it's so damn good. If it were a joke there would have been something stupid like a speed increase when Busta Rhymes begins where the speed goes to 8x (or 560BPM) and the steps would be 1/4, the fact he keeps the song at it's native BPM throughout shows he cares about making the simfile serious!!
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:27 pm

This vote might do me in, but...

All I Do Is Win
WBX

WBX was good on both heavy and challenge. DJ, Take Me Away had a better heavy but I wasn't buying the challenge chart so much.
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:04 am

hellrazor wrote:
jammitch! wrote:All I Do is Win seems more like a well-done joke simfile than anything I can take too seriously.

Why, because of the song-choice? I admit I thought the song sounded crap, but the chart is brilliant, this file does such a good job of integrating with the music, no way would I ever think this was a joke because I can tell it took alot of work to make this file and it's so damn good. If it were a joke there would have been something stupid like a speed increase when Busta Rhymes begins where the speed goes to 8x (or 560BPM) and the steps would be 1/4, the fact he keeps the song at it's native BPM throughout shows he cares about making the simfile serious!!

A file can be a joke entry and still well done. There's a bunch of things about this file that scream out to me that they were chosen for teh lulz. Whether it was or not, it wasn't a bad file at all, but I still liked the other two better. DJ, Take Me Away was my favorite ITG file in the whole competition. I never finished my reviews of ITG B2.2 because they wouldn't have counted, but it was looking at a 14/22 for steps vs. a 15 and a 19.
A crossbeats REV. stream? On Twitch? It's more likely than you think!
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:51 am

Well, the file was intended to be humorous but a serious entry regardless. Just like files in Cheesemix competitions are intended to be humorous in some way, but the competition isn't based on who has the funniest joke.
Posting Member

by hellrazor » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:40 am

jammitch! wrote:
hellrazor wrote:

A file can be a joke entry and still well done. There's a bunch of things about this file that scream out to me that they were chosen for teh lulz. Whether it was or not, it wasn't a bad file at all, but I still liked the other two better. DJ, Take Me Away was my favorite ITG file in the whole competition. I never finished my reviews of ITG B2.2 because they wouldn't have counted, but it was looking at a 14/22 for steps vs. a 15 and a 19.

Thanks for the clarification, personally I find Groundhog to be more humorous, mostly because it's not a traditional simfile and the steps play to the DJ's vocal challenges. This is a dance game with music, it's supposed to be fun/funny and not serious, nobody wants to play DanceDanceRevolution: Judge Judy Mix.
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:47 am

DDR:Judge Judy would be quite funny though.
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

Next