ITG FINAL RESULTS!!

Negative BPMs?

Should There Be Another Tie-Breaker For 1st?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:50 pm

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes : 7

ITG FINAL RESULTS!!

by will-i-am » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:50 pm

And now, what you've all been waiting for...

BEST-mix #4: ITG FINAL RESULTS
(click for spreadsheet)

Starting off with places 4th - 8th...

4th - 3 Votes (22.00)
Perfume [will-i-am]

5th - 3 Votes (21.00)
DJ, Take Me Away [Oni-91]

6th - 2 Votes (22.75)
Infiltration [Ronin]

7th - 2 Votes (21.00)
end of world [Telperion]

8th - 1 Vote
W-B-X ~W-Boiled Extreme~ [x0_000]

AND NOW, YOUR BEST-mix #4 ITG TOP 3 FINISHERS

1st Place - 4 Votes (25.00)
Hakurei Jinja by Nusa

2nd Place - 4 Votes (23.50)
KRAZY KROKODILE by #Infinity

3rd Place - 3 Votes (23.50)
Empire State Glory by Xythar

As a reminder, ties were broken by First Round averages, which is why you'll see values in parentheses next to songs that received the same number of votes. This resulted in a tie-breaker for 1st place between Hakurei Jinja and KRAZY KROKODILE, and since Hakurei Jinja had a higher average, it is, at the moment, the winner of the ITG division of BEST-mix #4. If for any reason you think this tie-break between victors was unfair in any way, then please vote "Yes" in the poll above this post. If you think that it was fair that this tie for 1st place was broken up based on First Round averages, then vote "No". The poll will run for 3 days and all results will be hidden until the 3 day limit has reached. After the 3 day limit, I will enforce a secondary tie-breaker for 1st place ONLY if the number of votes for option "Yes" is higher than the number of votes for option "No". If there is the same amount of "Yes" and "No" votes, I will still keep the current results as so. The vote has to be a majority rule in favor of "Yes" in order for any further tie-break rounds to occur.

Nevertheless, CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNER, Nusa, and to the rest of the TOP 3, #Infinity and Xythar, and to the rest of the Finalists!

I want to take the time to thank and congratulate EVERYONE for entering this contest. You all made great files and just because you don't see your file/name up on that list does not mean that you didn't achieve in some way or another. The competition was tough, so everyone has a reason to feel proud, whether you got knocked out after the First Round or didn't get the place you were hoping for in the Final Round. Thanks to you all for keeping the BEST-mix simfile competition series alive for the 5th time!

Also, I'd like to thank BLueSS for running the tournament and for giving me the opportunity to host the concluding portions of the contest. I really appreciate that he was willing to trust me with dealing with the final results while he was away for the time being. Thanks, man!

And now, the ITG division of BEST-mix #4 has come to a conclusion. I hope you all enjoyed the competition and once again, congrats to you all!
Last edited by will-i-am on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Posting Member

Re: ITG FINAL RESULTS!!

by Xythar » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:58 pm

That seems fair as it is. It's interesting to see how split the vote was compared to in DDR, how many people ended up voting in the ITG bracket anyway?

Congratulations Nusa for a surprise runaway victory!

I'm also glad to see Krazy Krokodile get the recognition it deserves, it felt very ITG2-authentic to me. I also liked DJ, Take Me Away a lot out of the finalists.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:10 am

Oh, I probably should have mentioned that you can access the spreadsheets for the Final Vote Results by clicking on the BEST-mix #4: ITG FINAL REULTS at the top of the post, and same goes for DDR.

But anywho, here's the link again for the ITG FINAL RESULTS: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... utput=html

So, in total, there were only 9 voters. I was hoping for a bit more, but 9 isn't too bad. I also totally did not see that Hakurei Jinja's win was coming! It did have the highest First Round average out of all the ITG files in the competition, but there were only 2 public reviews and one of them was mine (I tend to give out higher scores than most reviewers).

Anyway, I'm really glad with how my file did. Honestly, I wasn't even expecting Perfume to advance to the Final Round! :P I made it with a C. Foy chart mindset, in a sense that not all of the steps have to make perfect sense with the addition of plenty of freeze, mine, and other gimmick usage. It's nice to see a file with rolls not get bashed for using them.
Posting Member

by Xythar » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:11 am

You need to allow everyone to access that spreadsheet, right now it's telling me that I don't have permission.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:21 am

Oh yeah, lol. I'm tired. ._. Links should work now.
Posting Member

by Xythar » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:27 am

I'm still getting "We're sorry, xythar@gmail.com does not have permission to access this spreadsheet.", hmm...

edit: the DDR one works though.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:42 am

Gah! Okay, you know what, I'll just post a printscreen of them right here.

Sorry about that. I'm able to access them even when I'm logged out of gmail. I'll look into fixing that.
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:26 am

FIFTH!? Fook me.
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

by Telperion » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:53 am

This is the first semi-formal simfile contest I've entered to date, and I'm really happy to have made it into the finals at all, let alone make Not-Last Place :shock:

I'm quite pleased with the final rankings. Y'all have good taste!
Image Image
Posting Member

by Lisek » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:47 am

I just phoned to Nusa. She was really happy, she was screaming and all :P Before we send the files she was talking like "Nah, probably I won't even get to semi-finals", then after getting to the semi-final and auto passing the round she was like "I will be really shocked if I won't get the last place".

And now she won.

In Polish we have saying "Uczeń przerósł mistrza" which translated to English would be "student surpassed the master". I was the one who taught her everything what I did know. And it was a success.

I'm really happy too.
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Second place is great! Thanks a lot to everyone who enjoyed my file!
Posting Member