DDR FINAL RESULTS!!

Negative BPMs?

DDR FINAL RESULTS!!

by will-i-am » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:16 pm

And now, what you've all been waiting for...

BEST-mix #4: DDR FINAL RESULTS
(click for spreadsheet)

Starting off with places 5th - 12th...

5th - 6 Votes (4-way tie!?)
Engine Sentai Go-Onger [x0_000]
Groundhog (Beat Juggle) [jammitch!]
I WON'T FALL APART [#Infinity]
THIS IS MY LIFE [Oni-91]

9th - 5 Votes
MAYBE (MIKK REMIX) [Kewing]

10th - 4 Votes (23.86)
PARANOiA HRX [Lisek]

11th - 4 Votes (21.88)
Monster Oh Monster (Remix) [Jinxie]

12th - 2 Votes
Gibold (Scandalous Unltd. Remix) [Spork!]

AND NOW, YOUR BEST-mix #4 DDR TOP 4 FINISHERS

1st Place - 10 Votes
Far Away by Xythar

2nd Place - 8 Votes
love SYMPHONY by Juub005

3rd Place - 7 Votes (24.67)
CALIFORNIA GURLS by will-i-am

4th Place - 7 Votes (22.75)
Marshmallow by Chmurek

As a reminder, ties were broken by First Round averages, which is why you'll see values in parentheses next to songs that received the same number of votes. Also, the 4-way tie for 5th was impossible to break up because THIS IS MY LIFE was a part of the tie, which was not a part of the First Round and did not accumulate a First Round average, therefore resulting in 4 different songs that received 6 Votes to claim the 5th place spot simultaneously.

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNER, Xythar, and to the rest of the TOP 4, Juub005, will-i-am, and Chmurek, and to the rest of the Finalists!

I want to take the time to thank and congratulate EVERYONE for entering this contest. You all made great files and just because you don't see your file/name up on that list does not mean that you didn't achieve in some way or another. The competition was tough, so everyone has a reason to feel proud, whether you got knocked out after the First Round or didn't get the place you were hoping for in the Final Round. Thanks to you all for keeping the BEST-mix simfile competition series alive for the 5th time!

Also, I'd like to thank BLueSS for running the tournament and for giving me the opportunity to host the concluding portions of the contest. I really appreciate that he was willing to trust me with dealing with the final results while he was away for the time being. Thanks, man!

And now, the DDR division of BEST-mix #4 has come to a conclusion. I hope you all enjoyed the competition and once again, congrats to you all!
Last edited by will-i-am on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posting Member

Re: DDR FINAL RESULTS!!

by Xythar » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:42 pm

:O

Thank you to everyone who voted! I've gotten close but I've never won Best-Mix before probably because this is the first one Titiln and lrxevan haven't entered, hahaha so this really means a lot to me :D Shoutout to Juub as well, who had pretty much my favourite file in the whole contest.

While I'm on the podium I'd like to give a shameless plug to Cheesemix 6 over at DDREvolved.com (formerly DDRExtreme.co.uk) - if this competition has whetted your stepfiling appetite, check it out! We're still accepting registrations and entries are due by the end of September 24th, which is about 2 and a half weeks away - so there's still time to sign up and get something ready. Hope to see you there!
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:31 am

Coming 5th after getting third last time shoud be disappointing, but considering I tied with the people who I tied with, I think I did rather well.

Also this proves if I want to win it next time I should step something that's 170ish BPM. It worked in BM3!
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

by Xythar » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:05 am

Actually, both times I did well in Best-Mix were by stepping 130bpm electro pop songs, the time I tried 180bpm happy hardcore I did terribly. I should probably take note of that.
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:12 am

That was when you did Colorful Cookie a la CANDY. And although it didn't do particularly well, I still loved it.
Posting Member

by Xythar » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:42 am

Thanks!

I quite liked your entries this competition too (voted for both of them, actually :P). I've gotta say, the moment I realised that the video to This Is My Life wasn't just some terrible fanmade video of a guy lipsyncing the song I was floored by the hilarity :lol:

Well not literally floored, but that song would be great for Cheesemix.
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:30 am

Posting Member

by Hainaut » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:21 pm

Congratulations to Xythar for winning, and congratulations to Juub005 for getting second!

5th place is really nice, even if it's part of a four-way tie, so thanks a lot to everyone who enjoyed my file!
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:13 am

#Infinity wrote:even if it's part of a four-way tie

And that was all my fault, muahahaha
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:34 am

Nice Job, Xythar and Juub! Those were my two favorites in the contest, so I'm glad they won.
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Hey, sandwiched between my two favorites. Good :)

Wow, second! That's a first (for a major contest) :) Big congrats to Xythar - a well-deserved winner and one of the best jobs you've ever done on a file! :) Thanks for all the votes, and applause to all entrants.

I'm hoping I can do something for Cheesemix, but I'm not sure. I've gotta go hard on academics like Gucci Mane does sometimes (see my readme for BREAK UP) :/
Posting Member

by Dark Luke » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:46 am

Oh well, two of the songs in my DDR bracket (2.1) are ranked 1 and 3 in the final vote respectively.
Featuring over 70 songs, complete singles/doubles, difficulty 1-14 - click on banner to see songlist, view stepcharts, and/or download the pack
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Awesome job guys! These were some really fun files. I'm still away for a few more days, so big thanks to will-i-am for finishing it up well. :)
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Timer Rabbit » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:25 pm

Grats to Xythar! :) (I think Hatsune Miku loves you...) All files are great as usual and I enjoy majority of them! :) The 4-way tie is total "Wow" though. O_O And yes sorry if i'm late to see the party.

LOL! That snog shock me as I was playing this (on rush during my semi-finals vote...). Still interesting though.
Artist logo design by Lord Toon! (You rock!)
Posting Member

by hellrazor » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:47 pm

Groundhog - Challenge is SO HARD!!!

I broke my dance pad 1/2 way through this song. Fixed the pad and failed miserably two more times, finally managed to scrape through a pass on my fourth attempt but I had to double-step a BUNCH. Am I just to slow to do the turns properly or is the chart not pad-friendly?? Also an 11-footer?? More like a 12-13, I can FC 11-footers, and usually get 93-97% on them, Groundhog I had 81% when I managed to pass it.

I think I'm going to check the chart in the editor to see if the patterns make sense, if there's spins I'm going to be taking them out because those streams are WAY WAY WAY to hard to do spins on.

EDIT: There absolutely are SPINS in Groundhog expert, very poorly placed as well, it forces double-stepping. There were quite a few of them, even a couple in the Heavy chart. I've fixed the charts for myself, Jammitch! you have to be careful of the patterns you use, ESPECIALLY if your creating an uber-boss song, your readme said the challenge was only slightly harder than Heavy, Bull-F##king S##t, it's much, much tougher and the fact the chart is unplayable for pad, seriously don't do that again. You probably lucked out because most people won't play that chart on pad or they double-step anyways, but that's no excuse for such a poor chart!!!!
Posting Member

Next