DDR FINAL RESULTS!!

Negative BPMs?

Re: DDR FINAL RESULTS!!

by jammitch! » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:53 pm

So I'm a little late to respond here.

Regarding the difficulty, sorry if I underestimated it. I can't pad much above a 10. I do test it on indices, but that eliminates the stamina factor most of the time. Since the largest difference in the two is the added runs, I could see it being more than I anticipated.

Regarding spins, the gallops in 73-77 are set up so that you lead the second gallop with the same foot that ends the first, even though it's on a different arrow. It's a double-step. I know ITG players want to alternate feet straight through, but we've already had that fight before. Sorry if that's not your cup of tea.

I don't see any other double-steps, and there's nothing else with more than a half turn. There are complex patterns, but I went through them with a fine-toothed comb and still can't find anything.

If there's a part that you disagree about, let me know the measure number and I can put up a chart showing my intended pattern. You can then tell me it's way too fast to do on foot, and I'll buy that and keep it in mind next time.

There's a good reason I made this an edit chart. :D
A crossbeats REV. stream? On Twitch? It's more likely than you think!
Posting Member

Re: DDR FINAL RESULTS!!

by Telperion » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:33 am

Talk about being late, but I'd like to back jammitch up on the lack of doublesteps and spins in his Groundhog charts. There are some tricky AFRONOVA-like patterns, yes. (at that BPM, maybe I should say VANESSA-like? lol) There are a few strange jacks, some of which can be executed more gracefully with footswitching and some without. But no spins.

However, I do have to agree on that edit being a 12'. I'm a high 12's player myself, and I found this chart rather draining. I highly prefer the S-Heavy chart (which, by the way, hardly even has crossovers until the very end).
Image Image
Posting Member

Previous