SEMI-FINAL RESULTS

Negative BPMs?

SEMI-FINAL RESULTS

by will-i-am » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:24 pm

Unfortunately, I can't post this under Announcements or as a Sticky as I only have Moderator privileges to the Final Vote sub-forum. Nevertheless, without further ado, here are the results.

SEMI-FINAL RESULTS & FINALISTS

If you don't want to view the results via the spreadsheet at the link (much more convient), I'm also posting the list of finalists for the DDR and ITG divisions here.

DDR FINALISTS (12) (in alphabetical order)

CALIFORNIA GURLS
Engine Sentai Go-Onger
Far Away
Gibold (Scandalous Unltd. Remix)
Groundhog (Beat Juggle)
I WON'T FALL APART
love SYMPHONY
Marshmallow
MAYBE (MIKK REMIX)
Monster Oh Monster (Remix)
PARANOiA HRX
THIS IS MY LIFE

ITG FINALISTS (8) (in alphabetical order)

DJ, Take Me Away
Empire State Glory
end of world
Hakurei Jinja
Infiltration
KRAZY KROKODILE
Perfume
W-B-X ~W-Boiled Extreme~

Infiltration and end of world tied for 2nd in their Match-Up, so I decided both should advance, meaning all of ITG Match-Up 2 has advanced to the finals. It would be unfair to make a cut between end of world and Infiltration because the First Round scores were never normalized and consisted of point values given from different reviewers. I totally ignored the probability of this happening in any of the Match-Ups (and I assume BLueSS would say the same), so for that, congrats to all you three for advancing! And double congrats to end of world for making a second consecutive close call! God forbid if that happens again in the Finals.

Final Round Voting for both divisions will be posted within the next 24 hours, depending on whether or not I manage to finish the final rules tonight. Just as a reminder, voting in the Final Round will be in approval vote format. Vote for as many songs as you'd like, or just 1! But try not to vote for just yourself, you ass. Unless you're Juub and ALL you think your file will DO IS WIN, WIN, WIN NO MATTER WHA–oh wait. It didn't advance.

... T-PAIN GOT F***ING ROBBED!

Congratulations to all 20 songs for clearing yet another hurdle in this treacherous journey of unforgiving elimination known as BEST-mix #4, but it's not over yet. You all have yet to fully satisfy we the people in persuading us that your file truly has what it takes to be deemed a Winner. Good Luck.
Posting Member

Re: Semi-Final: Results

by Xythar » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:27 pm

What happens if we get a tie in the final round? That can be fairly common with approval votes.
Posting Member

Re: SEMI-FINAL RESULTS

by will-i-am » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Actually, I was going to explain that in the Final Round rules but I guess I should address it now.

If there is a tie between any place after the final votes are tallied, the First Round scores will carry over. BLueSS told me that he wanted a way to award files who did better than others during the First Round reviewing stage, but never decided on a final approach to it. Therefore, for now, I'm going to say that a tie in the Final Round will, for better or for worse, be determined by First Round scores. However, I'm open to ideas on how this should be done. It is fairly unlikely that a good file would be triumphed by a slightly less good file in the Finals, considering the First Round scores weren't too off, imo, in the first place, so there isn't too much to worry about. But yeah, if you have an idea I'd be more than willing to work with it.
Posting Member