VOTE in the Semi-Finals - Now!

Negative BPMs?

VOTE in the Semi-Finals - Now!

by BLueSS » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:52 pm

LINK: Here are the match-ups for the semi-final voting round.[chart] :)

The TOP 2 from each match-up will move on to the final voting round.

GO VOTE!

VOTING WILL END MIDNIGHT, AUGUST 29th.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

Re: VOTE in the Semi-Finals - Now!

by Xythar » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:11 pm

Is this for bracket 1 only, or both brackets?
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:19 pm

That's weird. Maybe you're automatically in the finals?
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:45 pm

Xythar wrote:Is this for bracket 1 only, or both brackets?

Brackets 1 and 2 are combined and mixed up here.

Check out the link to the match-up chart in the top post, and maybe it'll make more sense?
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Xythar » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:52 pm

Oh, I somehow missed seeing that link before. Thanks
Posting Member

by Lisek » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:34 am

Voted in all match-ups. Good luck everyone!
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Voted. Bonne chance, tous le monde.
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:57 pm

Wow, some of these are really tough!

I'm gonna go ahead and vote for what I'm sure about then, and ponder on the ones for a little longer that I'm having a hard time making a decision atm.
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:01 am

This voting is tough due to the grouping. There's some where I want to vote for all 3 and some where I don't want to vote for any.
A crossbeats REV. stream? On Twitch? It's more likely than you think!
Posting Member

by Xythar » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:36 pm

Hellrazor you need to vote for two in each bracket or your vote doesn't count and you might as well just post your opinion in the reviews/discussion instead. If you do want to vote just pick whichever of the remaining two you dislike least.
Posting Member

by Lisek » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:23 am

@ Hellrazor about Marshmallow
hellrazor wrote:although I don't understand why there are so many useless BPM's in the file (changing from 140 to 140 to 140 to 140 to 70 to 70 to 70 [over and over again]

Because Chmurek didn't clean up after using DDReamStudio (and probably he is too lazy to update to the new version, which eliminates this).
Posting Member

by Kewing » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:49 pm

And voted. Sorry for nor voting on the ITG entries, but I think I'm not into the style enough to rate properly. I would be quite biased, certainly.
Why do you need SEGA Original Hedgehogs...?
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:08 am

Just to let everyone know, the semi-final voting will end at 12:00 EST, so if you haven't voted/finished voting yet, you've still got around 9 more hours to do so!

Results will be posted shortly after and I'll arrange the Final Vote topics for both divisions. In case anyone was wondering, the final vote will be in approval vote format - vote for as many files as you want; 1 point for each song you vote for.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:39 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and end the votes a little early than I said I would. It is now less than 30 minutes until 12:00 EST, but I wan't to get this done before I go to bed tonight which is why I've decided to close the voting now.

If you have any problem with this, please post here before 12:00 EST or in the Semi-Final sub-forum to cast your last minute votes. We've already seen a slight change in the vote totals thanks to a couple members who posted their votes today, so I understand if you need the full time to finalize everything because you had plans earlier/was busy and whatnot.

You all may also be surprised at what exactly happened at one particular point in the vote totals when the results become public....Something I hadn't expected was coming, but was certainly a possibility. Results up within the next hour.
Posting Member

by Xythar » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:52 pm

I'm not really sure where to post general opinions that don't apply to a specific bracket so I guess I'll just post here.

I played through the DDR finalists on pad (well not Groundhog heavy, that one is a little beyond my ability but I can see how it'd go) last night in preparation for lodging my vote in the finals. Overall they were pretty good (Love Symphony was probably my favourite, awesome job Juub!) but one thing I wanted to comment on was this: stepfile authors, please, please stop abusing the basic figure-8 patterns (LDURDUL and LUDRUDL). They work occasionally, but most of the time they are just boring and scream "I couldn't think of anything interesting to do here". Monster oh Monster was especially guilty of this, which I thought was a shame.

It is tempting to just go with basic, safe patterns (I should know, I used to do a lot of it as well) but ultimately I believe that thinking outside of the figure-8 is one important mark of truly great steps. I would recommend playing files by sanchny or the nDDRo if you want some excellent examples of great step positioning.
Posting Member

Next