BRACKET 2 RELEASED: Discussion

Negative BPMs?

Re: BRACKET 2 RELEASED: Download Link & Discussion

by Juub005 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:25 pm

Xythar, I'll try to be on AIM sometime, but the wireless at my apartment is extraordinarily bad, so bad it actually helped me get around to reviewing. Eager to talk to you though :)

Will, PM me the text of your edit chart for Wolves of the Sea :) (I'd download the community pack again, but again, my internet connection sucks.)

As for CM6/Funkymix, I quote a sign I saw in upstate Vermont: "The difference between getting somewhere and getting nowhere is getting started." Ray, could you help out? :)
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:16 pm

Haha, sure pinoy ;) It's just an edit chart so nothing too serious. I wanted to do a bit of an experiment while thinking complex foot placement + WOOKIE WOOKIE from DDR SuperNOVA. It's made in a way so that you're not supposed to double-step once in the chart, although it'll take you through a few spins, but if you do them right you should end up facing the screen again.

And jammitch!, I guess that makes a little more sense now. I think I was double-stepping the wrong way somehow, which sounds extra weird cuz how in the world do you double-step the "wrong way" anyway? :P I see how the mines work now, but I think they would've worked better if you just had the mines on those 16ths instead of also on the 4ths to signal that those areas were different from the others, because you put single mines later on to signal double-steps that worked really well. Maybe you could have incorporated a similar like mine structure in the beginning where the mines follow directly after the arrow that needs to be lifted? Speaking of lifts...that's what they are for! Oh I am slow. :roll:
Posting Member

by Lisek » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:43 am

Valex wrote:00 / 03 - Tilt
No tilt for using a song that was already in DDR. No, being an uncut version does not count as an entirely new song.

I think it's a little too harsh from you to give me 0 here. In Poland, the newest machine that we have is... DDR 4th mix. I don't really care about console versions because I'm using PS3 and the only console version is yet to come. I certainly didn't have an idea that it was already in DDR.

There was no rule that songs from music games can't be used. The cut and the mp3 was taken from BeatMania IIDX ost. Please, rethink your decision if possible.
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:04 am

will, I still wanted the mines to accent a part of the music that I didn't have room to put any more steps to. It's a bit difficult, sure, but there's no rule that says a 12 can't have a learning curve :)

Lisek, I had forgotten this was in DDR myself... until just now. My thought, though, is that while it's a rule violation to use something from DDR, it should have been caught during registration. Since it made it out the door, and the steps aren't cribbed from DDR, I'll deal with it.

I also remember the full version of Burning Heat being used more than once in various competitions. It was never a good idea, but it was allowed.

Reviewed steps for ITG B2.1. I'm behind this week, but I should catch the two DDR brackets I'm eligible to review by Saturday, and I'll try to get the last 8 files in my two brackets after that.
A crossbeats REV. stream? On Twitch? It's more likely than you think!
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:29 am

Juub005 wrote:Xythar, I'll try to be on AIM sometime, but the wireless at my apartment is extraordinarily bad, so bad it actually helped me get around to reviewing. Eager to talk to you though :)

Will, PM me the text of your edit chart for Wolves of the Sea :) (I'd download the community pack again, but again, my internet connection sucks.)

As for CM6/Funkymix, I quote a sign I saw in upstate Vermont: "The difference between getting somewhere and getting nowhere is getting started." Ray, could you help out? :)

Possibly. What would you need me to do?
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:53 am

jammitch! wrote:Lisek, I had forgotten this was in DDR myself... until just now. My thought, though, is that while it's a rule violation to use something from DDR, it should have been caught during registration. Since it made it out the door, and the steps aren't cribbed from DDR, I'll deal with it.

jammitch!, the DDR rule was NOT in this tournament (go check the rules again). It was perfectly valid to choose a song from DDR, a song entered previously, or whatever you want.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Dark Luke » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:11 am

But then this is pretty much the first DDR stepfile tournament that allows songs from official DDR mixes to be used, as far as I know...

In the tournamixes, some songs from DDR mixes can be found there (such as Janejana from TM3?) but TM3 was released before DDR Extreme did.
Featuring over 70 songs, complete singles/doubles, difficulty 1-14 - click on banner to see songlist, view stepcharts, and/or download the pack
Posting Member

by Valex » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:18 pm

Sorry, fixing tilt right now! (thought it doesn't really matter you'll be in 3rd place either way lol)
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:18 pm

BLueSS wrote:jammitch!, the DDR rule was NOT in this tournament (go check the rules again). It was perfectly valid to choose a song from DDR, a song entered previously, or whatever you want.

Shows how closely I paid attention to that little detail. :) I wasn't intending on penalizing him for it either way.
Posting Member

by Valex » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:44 pm

Except you haven't reviewed the bracket yet...

I feel like my opinions are wrong, someone else review it!
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:06 am

I assure you that I have reviewed the steps for Bloody Tears, and the rest of its bracket. I just haven't posted it yet :)

I intend to finish DDR B2.3 today, do presentation and tilt, and put them all up at some point in the next 18 hours. Both B2.2s can wait since my judging can't count.

EDIT: Well, that's the end of that chapter.
Posting Member

by Xythar » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:19 pm

jammitch! wrote:Other thoughts:
* Couldn't you have picked something from Skate 3 instead?

hahahahahahaha
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:47 pm

Finished with my reviews for DDR Bracket 2-3. Monster Oh Monster is clearly my favorite simfile in the contest and I really hope it advances. I'm utterly shocked by how low Juub005 rated it. :(
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:58 am

#Infinity wrote:Finished with my reviews for DDR Bracket 2-3. Monster Oh Monster is clearly my favorite simfile in the contest and I really hope it advances. I'm utterly shocked by how low Juub005 rated it. :(

Yeah, I did not enjoy that one. Honestly, though, it's not too far off from the rest of my scores for that bracket, so the rating is not that dramatic relatively speaking.
Posting Member

by Jinxie » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:28 am

#Infinity wrote:Finished with my reviews for DDR Bracket 2-3. Monster Oh Monster is clearly my favorite simfile in the contest and I really hope it advances. I'm utterly shocked by how low Juub005 rated it. :(

I'm flattered! I'm really glad you liked it and appreciate your kind comments! Viewing the ratings in the thread it seems to be all over the place, lol. I just was hoping someone would enjoy it and find it to be replayable as I do. :D

Also yes, the cruddy video I made the day of submission :). I felt it needed something hokey and silly like the song sounds. I only wish I knew how to do stop motion. I'd have rather done a bg anim, but I don't really know how to manipulate and zoom/spin in there, if it's at all possible. I have a hell of a time rendering and keeping it a good size without it looking absolutely terrible.
Posting Member

PreviousNext