BRACKET 2 RELEASED: Discussion

Negative BPMs?

Re: BRACKET 2 RELEASED: Download Link & Discussion

by Lisek » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:37 pm

Jinxie wrote:I'd have rather done a bg anim, but I don't really know how to manipulate and zoom/spin in there, if it's at all possible. I have a hell of a time rendering and keeping it a good size without it looking absolutely terrible.

It's good that you had not. .avi video makes it playable in any StepMania version. BGAnimation from 3.9 and 4.0 hate each other. Even thought I didn't comment on your bracket, this is one of best songs in this competition. It's fun. The only flaw in it are the flow breaks without any arrows, but overall, it's great.
Posting Member

by Xythar » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Lisek wrote:The only flaw in it are the flow breaks without any arrows

Funnily enough I've seen the exact opposite complaint leveraged against files in the past. It was a pretty frequent observation made in the DDRex days.

I swear you guys play like Bizarro DDR in Poland, hahaha. :)
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:09 pm

Xythar wrote:

Funnily enough I've seen the exact opposite complaint leveraged against files in the past. It was a pretty frequent observation made in the DDRex days.

I swear you guys play like Bizarro DDR in Poland, hahaha. :)

Haha I remember the good old days of "needs more breaks".
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:19 pm

lol same. OSC was all about that for the two contests I was in. Mostly, Heavy had to have very minimal breaks if none at all, Standard had to have some breaks to distinguish itself from the more difficult Heavy chart, and Light had to have many breaks because it had to be LOWBPM2EZ.

I remember stuff like TKO was risky because of all the breaks, and of course Secret was probably the most uncomprehensible simfile of its time for some people (except those were BEST-mix). 4 foot Heavy? LOWBPM2EZ.
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:34 am

Super_Ray wrote:
Xythar wrote:

Haha I remember the good old days of "needs more breaks".

Reminds me of Another Tournament I/II, the the point where I think titiln said it to pretty much every file.
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:33 am

will-i-am wrote:lol same. OSC was all about that for the two contests I was in. Mostly, Heavy had to have very minimal breaks if none at all, Standard had to have some breaks to distinguish itself from the more difficult Heavy chart, and Light had to have many breaks because it had to be LOWBPM2EZ.

I remember stuff like TKO was risky because of all the breaks, and of course Secret was probably the most uncomprehensible simfile of its time for some people (except those were BEST-mix). 4 foot Heavy? LOWBPM2EZ.

I remember the whole lowbpm2ez/4 foot heavy phase, too. It proved a point, tho. A song doesn't have to be difficult to be fun.
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:43 am

The phrase "lowbpm2ez" actually was first used back in Tournamix 6, in response to criticisms of Boys (&Girl Mix), which was said to be 2ez because of its lowbpm. I think Titiln came up with that one, but I'm not sure.
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:50 am

Juub005 wrote:The phrase "lowbpm2ez" actually was first used back in Tournamix 6, in response to criticisms of Boys (&Girl Mix), which was said to be 2ez because of its lowbpm. I think Titiln came up with that one, but I'm not sure.

It was either him, ebisumaru, or shoh, I think
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:54 am

I thought Jared was into those, too. His BEST-mix #1 entry had lots of breaks. SHOH/sixx was too quiet to care, as far as I remember.
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Super_Ray wrote:It was either him, ebisumaru, or shoh, I think

It was SHOH. Ebisumaru did Din Dan Don, while Titiln Take On Me and a few anonymous files (including Lucky Cha Cha Cha).

Speaking of which, it's sure been quite a while since nDDRo was last active. I guess they've all just moved on to different things, even after their roaring success in Best-Mix #2.
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:16 pm

Well, titiln swore if he didn't win BEST-mix #2 he would quit simfile making forever.

...I guess the win came by as a real surprise to him, cuz before the results even came up to show that he had actually won for the first time, it seemed like he had already finished packing his bags. lol. Either way, they were pretty much done with simfile making anyway. Just Evan, Juub, and Ken seem to be active anymore.
Posting Member

by Xythar » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:28 pm

I completely missed Best-Mix 2 and now of course all the links to results, banners etc are broken :(
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:45 pm

Xythar wrote:I completely missed Best-Mix 2 and now of course all the links to results, banners etc are broken :(

I had to change hosting over the summer and have been crapload busy. I still have them all and can reupload them; I just haven't yet.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

Previous