BRACKET 1 RELEASED: Discussion

Negative BPMs?

Re: BRACKET 1 RELEASED: Download Link & Discussion

by Super_Ray » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:40 am

Any chance this can be uploaded to mediafire or something that doesn't give you ultra slow download speed and toss spam at you if you don't buy their premium service?
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:48 am

Loki wrote:Yeah, kewing if friend of me, and its a real good stepmaker, when the contest end, if you want, i will give you a link to download his pack, is really good and i love his steps, they allways really funnuy

Oh, sweet. Sure I'd like that after this is over.

Also, good job Xythar on your ITG entry. I forgot how good you are at making harder charts. And cpu's ITG entry is just what I expected from him and more!

Miki wrote:So if my file is in one of the DDR sub-brackets, I can judge the other two sub-brackets? The rules thread says that you cannot judge the bracket or any sub-bracket containing your own song, while this thread says that you cannot judge the sub-bracket containing your own song.

You can judge any sub-bracket that isn't yours. So if your file is in say DDR Bracket 1.2, you can judge DDR Bracket 1.1 and 1.3, and eventually 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3.
Posting Member

by Lisek » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:47 am

Super_Ray wrote:Any chance this can be uploaded to mediafire or something that doesn't give you ultra slow download speed and toss spam at you if you don't buy their premium service?

I tried to upload it to mediafire but...
Oops! You have selected a file that is too large.
You’re currently a MediaFire free member with a limit of 200MB per file but as a MediaPro member you can upload up to 2GB per file.
Continue Uploading Files & Learn About MediaPro or Continue Uploading Files & Close This Notice

(it's too big by 6MB)

Played really fast with some friends, personally I like best Engine Sentai, I won't fall apart and MAYBE. ITG part is meh, I'm hoping that 2nd bracket will be better.

Also, do you know that my song, Paranoia HRX, from Bracket DDR 1-2 is the only one that works in ITG? I was kinda "wtf, am I alone here?" then I noticed that all other files are in mp3.
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:54 am

Super_Ray wrote:Any chance this can be uploaded to mediafire or something that doesn't give you ultra slow download speed and toss spam at you if you don't buy their premium service?

I'll try to get it hosted on site. Unfortunately it was too large to go on Mediafire.

@Loki: Tilt in the judging is "whatever you want to give points for". It is a very subjective measure, and you can choose how to award the points for it.

will-i-am wrote:You can judge any sub-bracket that isn't yours. So if your file is in say DDR Bracket 1.2, you can judge DDR Bracket 1.1 and 1.3, and eventually 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3.

This is correct. :)
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

by Super_Ray » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:09 am

BLueSS wrote:

I'll try to get it hosted on site. Unfortunately it was too large to go on Mediafire.

Wow. I wasn't aware that media fire had that kind of size limit. I appreciate you looking into it, tho.
Posting Member

by Loki » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:53 am

Huh, i see i could do much better, but i didnt have, much time, only one monring to end the work i had just for chance the ddr one and the itg i had to remake everything.
Maybe i should make all other diffs and doubles but not enought time..
Sorry for my english
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Juub005 wrote:Edit: sanch your readme for Our Songs has no line breaks for some reason on my computer...

That's almost certainly due to the difference between Windows and Unix line endings. Open it in anything more sophisticated than Notepad and it should figure it out.

EDIT: Keyboarded all the ITG challenge charts.
  • My faves were Empire State Glory, Infiltration and Ain't That Funny, roughly in that order.
  • Acid Bath is OK, I guess, but very repetitive. Some of those crossovers, especially with the 32nds, were psychotic.
  • Cramming the long violin run into Cruel Angel's Thesis to make a Challenge chart didn't really pay off.
  • Future Destination seemed like a good first draft, but the patterning was dull and the end cut was terrible. The mine part was good though.
  • Infiltration has the musical feel of ITG. The steps come in at an odd time and the beginning feels unpolished, but it improves significantly by the middle.
  • WBX was solid, but not in my faves. Not much stands out in memory.
  • Walking in Memphis was another shoehorned run. It's like My Favourite Game (which, btw, is my favorite ITG 10), but nowhere near as fun. At least it eventually got back to the song.
  • Ain't That Funny was a bit repetitive and could have used some more Buckshot and Kreese. NOBODY SAID THERE'D BE MATH!
  • Empire State Glory feels like an old-school Eggman chart. I think the 24ths may be overkill.
  • I still don't know what to think about Perfume. I need to fire up SM4 to see the rolls, but some of the rhythms just don't seem right.
  • Toccata is similar to WBX - solid but unremarkable.
  • I called the step artist on Yakusoku based on the steps. Unfortunately, that's not a positive thing, because I preach flow, and DANT loves spins and double-steps.
Last edited by jammitch! on Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A crossbeats REV. stream? On Twitch? It's more likely than you think!
Posting Member

by Xythar » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:17 pm

jammitch! wrote:
  • Empire State Glory feels like an old-school Eggman chart. I think the 24ths may be overkill.

Says the guy who made All My Turn for Mazrim's Empress set :P

(at least I think that was you)

I actually looked at that file when I was debating whether or not to put them in, heh. But 16ths wouldn't have fit, and 8ths would have been anticlimactic. I'm glad to hear you liked it overall, in any case.

Thank you (and will-i-am) for the comments, it seems the ITG brackets aren't getting a lot of attention yet. I haven't downloaded any of the files yet but I hope to do some reviews later this week.
Posting Member

by Valex » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Ain't That Funny was a bit repetitive and could have used some more Buckshot and Kreese. NOBODY SAID THERE'D BE MATH!

I BLAME OUR SCHOOOOLS
Posting Member

by Dark Luke » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:32 pm

Cruel Angel's Thesis - Shiro Sagisu

Tilt:1/3
Cruel Angel's Thesis is really, really over stepped, but thank you for not stepping the Yoko Ishida version.

Do you mean the original version by Yoko Takahashi, or the Parapara singer Yoko Ishida?
Featuring over 70 songs, complete singles/doubles, difficulty 1-14 - click on banner to see songlist, view stepcharts, and/or download the pack
Posting Member

by Loki » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:59 pm

Comon make a full review...
Sorry for my english
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:15 am

Valex wrote:
Ain't That Funny was a bit repetitive and could have used some more Buckshot and Kreese. NOBODY SAID THERE'D BE MATH!

I BLAME OUR SCHOOOOLS

<3
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

by The Period » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:28 am

jammitch! wrote:[*] I called the step artist on Yakusoku based on the steps. Unfortunately, that's not a positive thing, because I preach flow, and DANT loves spins and double-steps.[/list]

I really considering avoid those spinny aproach. But sincerely I didn't finished arrow placement of my ITG entry neither heavy nor expert.
"Every mistake I make has a proposal, that's why all of them are intentional." - THE PERIOD
Posting Member

by Valex » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:31 pm

Rules question; can we review Bracket 1 even after Bracket 2 is released?
Posting Member

by pyroko » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Dark Luke wrote:
Cruel Angel's Thesis - Shiro Sagisu

Tilt:1/3
Cruel Angel's Thesis is really, really over stepped, but thank you for not stepping the Yoko Ishida version.

Do you mean the original version by Yoko Takahashi, or the Parapara singer Yoko Ishida?

the Parapara one. i love the original, but i am just plain tired of Yoko Ishida's version.
Posting Member

PreviousNext