It feels good to be back at this

Negative BPMs?

It feels good to be back at this

by BLueSS » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:26 pm

Has anyone else been missing the good times from previous simfile days?
[I make the rules around here]
User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: West Coast, USA

Re: It feels good to be back at this

by Dark Luke » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:07 pm

Of course!

What are the minimum required step charts for each of the DDR and ITG divisions?

For DDR division, how are challenge charts handled? As an optional chart, or averaged with heavy charts?

For ITG division, will entrants be allowed to enter songs with only an challenge chart? r21freak.com's competitions has been challenge chart only throughout its entire series.
Image
Featuring over 70 songs, complete singles/doubles, difficulty 1-14 - click on banner to see songlist, view stepcharts, and/or download the pack
User avatar
Posting Member
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:51 pm

Re: It feels good to be back at this

by cpubasic13 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:54 pm

I would think a full simfile.

Of course I only look at DDR style as "no hands mines etc." while I look at ITG style as "do whatever" so
User avatar
Posting Member
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: It feels good to be back at this

by CoreyBlaze » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:37 pm

BLueSS wrote:Has anyone else been missing the good times from previous simfile days?


Yeah I love these kind of events, but if you have been around since the early days of DWI/simfiling, you must be near or in your mid 20s now, life doesn't really give you enough time anymore to get involved into these events as much as you should. But yeah, Tournamix/best-mix 4lyfe lol
User avatar
Posting Member
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:37 am

Re: It feels good to be back at this

by #Infinity » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:44 pm

cpubasic13 wrote:Of course I only look at DDR style as "no hands mines etc." while I look at ITG style as "do whatever" so

Being someone who actually palyed ITG a lot back in 2006, I can personally say that the general differences between DDR and ITG are definitely more than just the inclusion/exclusion of mines and hands. Aside from ITG banner dimensions usually being 418x164 instead of 256x60, most songs have a challenge/expert stepchart that, unlike a DDR one, is always a significant step up in difficulty from the heavy/hard stepchart. I also find that ITG stepcharts tend to follow the song a lot more precisely than DDR ones, and therefore "fun" in a different sort of way.
User avatar
Posting Member
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:06 pm

Re: It feels good to be back at this

by BLueSS » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:25 pm

CoreyBlaze wrote:Yeah I love these kind of events, but if you have been around since the early days of DWI/simfiling, you must be near or in your mid 20s now, life doesn't really give you enough time anymore to get involved into these events as much as you should. But yeah, Tournamix/best-mix 4lyfe lol

I'm 23, getting married, full time job, and very busy! :P
[I make the rules around here]
User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: West Coast, USA

Re: It feels good to be back at this

by cpubasic13 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:31 pm

#Infinity wrote:
cpubasic13 wrote:Of course I only look at DDR style as "no hands mines etc." while I look at ITG style as "do whatever" so

Being someone who actually palyed ITG a lot back in 2006, I can personally say that the general differences between DDR and ITG are definitely more than just the inclusion/exclusion of mines and hands. Aside from ITG banner dimensions usually being 418x164 instead of 256x60, most songs have a challenge/expert stepchart that, unlike a DDR one, is always a significant step up in difficulty from the heavy/hard stepchart. I also find that ITG stepcharts tend to follow the song a lot more precisely than DDR ones, and therefore "fun" in a different sort of way.

I never said that was the only difference. I said it is how I take simming "ITG style" anymore.
User avatar
Posting Member
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: It feels good to be back at this

by Akira » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:32 am

BLueSS wrote:Has anyone else been missing the good times from previous simfile days?


Nothing much, almost forgot that I got stepmania in my folder.

But yeah, I MISS EVERYTHING SO MUCH, THAT I'M LIKE A PUPPY WAGGING ITS TAIL UNCONTROLLABLY!!!

*cough* yeah.
I guess we're Overwatch now.
User avatar
Posting Member
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: There's no Spleasure, only Spain

Re: It feels good to be back at this

by Super_Ray » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:35 pm

BLueSS wrote:Has anyone else been missing the good times from previous simfile days?

you bet! I had a lot of fun doing stepfile contests back in the good ol' days on tournamix, osc, and the ddrextreme.co.uk contests.
Image
User avatar
Posting Member
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: It feels good to be back at this

by Dark Luke » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:03 pm

The success of a stepfile tourney is determined by the amount of drama associated with each of them.
Image
Featuring over 70 songs, complete singles/doubles, difficulty 1-14 - click on banner to see songlist, view stepcharts, and/or download the pack
User avatar
Posting Member
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:51 pm

Re: It feels good to be back at this

by Snapps » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:08 am

well i cant enter, i wont be here, but i definitely give my full support to this tournament! cant wait to see the turnout.
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:03 pm

Re: It feels good to be back at this

by BLueSS » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:08 pm

Dark Luke wrote:What are the minimum required step charts for each of the DDR and ITG divisions?

For DDR division, how are challenge charts handled? As an optional chart, or averaged with heavy charts?

For ITG division, will entrants be allowed to enter songs with only an challenge chart? r21freak.com's competitions has been challenge chart only throughout its entire series.

Normal ITG and DDR songs have a full set of charts, not just 1.

All of these questions have been answered in the rules; minus how they're scored (coming soon). :)
[I make the rules around here]
User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: West Coast, USA

Re: It feels good to be back at this

by LK4D4 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:48 am

BLueSS wrote:I'm 23, getting married, full time job, and very busy! :P

NICE! How come I'm not invited to the wedding? (kidding)
User avatar
Posting Member
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:21 pm
Location: Cheese, Beer, & Brat State

Re: It feels good to be back at this

by ghaue » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:21 pm

I don't really understand what these BEST-mixes really are. I joined because I figured they were mixes you can download. But I haven't found any yet.
Meditation
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:28 am

Re: It feels good to be back at this

by BLueSS » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:07 pm

ghaue, Do you see the downloads part of the forum now that you're registered? It's a top-level forum category that's only visible by registered users.
[I make the rules around here]
User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: West Coast, USA


Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron