POPULAR VOTE: RESULTS

POPULAR VOTE: RESULTS

by BLueSS » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:21 am

I didn't want to do a separate post for EACH CATEGORY, as there are a lot of results, so I have them all in this handy file you all can read! :D

RESULTS

Most of the winners were fairly clear; although with the limited sample size for some of the votes, don't be too upset if you didn't do well. The votes were a small number, so one vote made a world of different. Additionally, with all the entries to sort through, it's possible some people forgot songs to vote for here or there. The results of this popular vote should be FUN, not taken serious to the state of how good your file actually was/was not.

As a reminder, category 8 "File you'd like to see improved" does NOT necessarily (and usually, as most voters pointed out) mean your file was bad. All it means is that people would really like to see an updated file for it, fixing stuff here or there. So take it as a compliment! :)

Thank you to all the popular voters. I would REALLY love to get feedback about this (so please post about it in the feedback thread I created).
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

Re: POPULAR VOTE: RESULTS

by x0_000 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:24 am

LOL at Polka getting Videos/Animations and tie for Readme.

also +1 to the person who voted for Polka in song choice that person clearly has great taste in music
Posting Member

by jammitch! » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:14 am

I assume Back2Back won best couple steps? :P
A crossbeats REV. stream? On Twitch? It's more likely than you think!
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:33 am

@$!#321$TAR$ @ almost winning gfx

I wasn't expecting that! I'm glad to see I'm improving on my graphics and other people see that as well. :)

And Doubles Steps win! Even though there were only three voters + one of them was me (but I voted for more than just mine of course)! D: I'll definitely make doubles chart(s) for my next tourny file, hehe.

P.S. BREAKING FREE was ROBBED !
Posting Member

by CoreyBlaze » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:57 am

Yay I made good graphics :mrgreen:

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that my community pack song (Vamos a Bailar) was at least noticed, I wasn't expecting that one. Anjelier was a STRONG candidate for winning this BM if it hadn't had any technical flaws, the ultimate proof that no matter how good (or bad) your steps are, song choice still will always have a very important influence.
Posting Member

by TheBaldOneMpls » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:06 am

OK, Don't Say "Indy" won best song choice.

Which means Don't Say "Indy" was the best song in Best Mix 3.

Which means Don't Say "Indy" WON Best Mix 3.

Right?
Posting Member

by JukuGuy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:12 am

will-i-am wrote:P.S. BREAKING FREE was ROBBED !

Could it ever get better, whoooo!

Also, whooo for winning something in this pack!
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:22 am

LOL! okay you could say that. :P DELER MEDHI WINS WUT !

Sorry for the huge amount of votes, BLueSS, haha! XD The point of me voting for so many files is exactly what Corey mentioned about his Vamos a Bailar file getting noticed. I wanted to give those files that were on the boarderline for me, since I knew certain files would probably not get any other votes from anyone else (i.e. Los Ojos de la Mora for Graphics, which I actually thought complimented the unique song perfectly), a chance to be up on that list, and a reason to be recognized in that category.

I'm glad Anjelier took the "improvement appreciated" award, because I agree to the fact that everything was really neat - the song, graphics, video - but the steps weren't the best. Also happy it tied 1st for Read-Me! D A N T . is such a funny chap. :P wtf @ T"SBBT"P though LOL XD Something about Rasputin/Hitler/Tetris haha yeah something like that.
Posting Member

by Juub005 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:13 am

You know, there's a song in DDR Konamix called "Perfect Free" which, though it went unnoticed by the large majority of DDR players, had a small but very loyal fanbase that recognized its merits. I think that "Breaking Free" is a fitting successor to this line of perfection, and that though some voters passed over it accidentally, it is always the true song choice winner in our hearts.
Posting Member

by JukuGuy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:31 pm

Huh. Those two songs are in completely different leagues...

Fine, so then to show that your proof is valid I would like to see a couple of witnesses (other than will) to address that your statement is accurate. Now who here really wanted to vote for it (or who did, and explain :P)?

I still won btw. :wink:
Posting Member

by will-i-am » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:26 pm

LOL okay fine. ):

we're soooooooarin',
flyyyyyyyyin' !
Posting Member

by Valex » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:36 pm

Wow, I'm really stupid, I thought we could only vote for 5 files :-/
Oh well, I guess it's kind of better because i didn't go "I like THISANDTHISANDTHISANDTHISANDTHISANDTHIS"
Posting Member

by Zounder » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:28 pm

Sorry for not voting, I didn't get a chance to play through a lot of the community pack so I figured I had not seen enough of the files to justify voting. Grats to the winners though, they seem very deserving.
Posting Member

by Oni-91 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:03 am

JukuGuy wrote:Huh. Those two songs are in completely different leagues...

Fine, so then to show that your proof is valid I would like to see a couple of witnesses (other than will) to address that your statement is accurate. Now who here really wanted to vote for it (or who did, and explain :P)?

I still won btw. :wink:
It didn't win therefore it won. Get it now?

Also, this forum's 4,000th post. Woop.
OH, ALRIGHT THEN, IT'S A NEW ONE.
Posting Member

by Super_Ray » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:13 am

Bridal Festival !!! won the fun vote! Thanks alot to everyone who voted for it.
Posting Member

Next