#5) DOUBLES STEPS

#5) DOUBLES STEPS

by BLueSS » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:08 pm

Either a full set, or just Heavy Doubles, whatever you feel like.

Posting here does NOT mean you are voting for a file. No posts in here will be counted as voted. TO VOTE: read the thread that tells you how to vote.
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

Re: #5) DOUBLES STEPS

by BLueSS » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:21 pm

Only 1 vote so far. :cry:
Site Admin

Re: #5) DOUBLES STEPS

by BLueSS » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:23 pm

Since there isn't much feedback, I played the hardest difficulty (that I can play) on each file with doubles.

Barbie Girl (Heavy)
Left-up->right-up->left-up is NOT FUN, neither is trying to stretch for the down arrows like that. A lot of the chart had very far reaching steps that seem like they were used without thinking about the reaching required. The steps for the most part used the same rhythms, and juggling one foot back and forth while the other is on freezes suddenly doesn't become fun on doubles. You don't see arrows forced for the non-freeze foot that quick on too many single charts, so don't do it on double either.

Kachoufuusetsu (Standard)
VERY fun. Great use of steps to force the player back and forth. Very stamina draining (as it's a boss song) but still a fun challenge. Jumps used were very good, and this is just a great chart.
I tried the heavy chart up until the 12th or 16ths (the much quicker notes) and the beginning of that chart was AWESOME as well. The freeze arrow twisting and patterns were very creative and fun. Too bad I can't pass the rest.

My Boy (Heavy - the only chart)
The ending was a little more challenging than the rest, and was almost unexpected.
Overall, the chart has the player move frequently back and forth from the left to right pad and back again. Don't be afraid to make steps to where the player is on one side for a little longer. The steps can be fun going from one side of the pad to the middle between, and back to the same before ever fully crossing over again. The chart is fun, but didn't have any special patterns because it was trying to have the player just go back and forth a lot. Maybe that's the intent; but if so, then I personally didn't like it that much because I don't like charts that force you to run back and forth.

24/7 (Heavy - the only chart)
Pretty solid, and had a good mix of center steps, as well as going back and forth, and staying on one pad for longer times. A few awkward jump/reaches but still fun.

Birthday (Heavy)
Forced awkward patterns and more long reaches seemed to be used to artificially make this chart harder than it should be. Not very fun as a result. The song doesn't allow for very hard steps, and the patterns followed the only parts of the song available; which got repetitive quickly.

Acid (Challenge)
Tried it; just as stamina draining as Kachoufuusetsu (Standard)... actually more. Those triple jackhammers ALL ON THE LEFT FOOT?! what the heck?! Ouch@! The constant stream of step step jumps at the beginning is very tiring as well. Good placement; but super tiring to where I got halfway and went to...
Acid (Heavy)
Very fun beginning, very fun ending, very boring and repetitive middle steps. The song doesn't give you much, so if you're not a super fan of the song, there's not much to get you going through that. Loved the ending steps though!

Feel Your Love (Heavy - the only chart)
The song is very low energy, and so are the steps. Placement is good; but only fun if you're into a slow low energy song.

Los Ojos de la Mora (Heavy)
Lots of awkward turns and twists, all placed in a constant run. Not enjoyable for me at all... maybe someone likes this type of chart; but not me.

OHAYOU (Heavy - the only chart)
Still annoying speed changes, but the jumps were fun; but only because the BPM wasn't any faster. The song was just the right speed for the steps you used, and more and it would have been too fast. Fun, but nothing special.

So favorites:
Kachoufuusetsu
24/7
Site Admin