Bracket 1 - RESULTS & SCORES

The simfile competition with the highest completion rate I've ever seen! :D

Re: Bracket 1 - RESULTS & SCORES

by lrxevan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:13 am

Leticia wrote:Edit: I've been using the same CD Title for forever, and this is the first time I've heard that it was HUGE. It's definitely smaller the Hello Project CD Title, in both dimensions and file size, and that has no criticism, so uhh... Yeah, run that by me again, lrxevan.

The H!P cdtitle is mostly transparent whereas your cdtitle has a gigantic sprite character covering a portion of your banner, creating the illusion that it is in fact much larger.

At least it isn't Lisek's. =P
This special title makes me look cool.

by Aki » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:47 am

Aww, i'm only 5th out of 4th :(

oh well, it was a great one :D

...anyway

Chmurek wrote:It really feels like you’re there running with those characters.

EXACTLY! That's what I wanted everyone to feel, especially on the part where the mob chases you.

PANIC!!!

Due to the voltage and stream, I designated them all in Heavy, while putting the nostalgia in STD

will-i-am wrote:I love how you based much of this file off of Afronova's chart, and it was funny to see the jump pattern later on was taken exactly off of its famous jump pattern.

And yeah, on the tribal chanting, that's the very first thing that I have thought of. First two chants, Afronova STD, last two chants, Afronova HVY
We're all soldiers now.
Posting Member

by Leticia » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:06 am

irxevan wrote:The H!P cdtitle is mostly transparent whereas your cdtitle has a gigantic sprite character covering a portion of your banner, creating the illusion that it is in fact much larger.

At least it isn't Lisek's. =P

Just saying that you're the first person to find it intrusive.
This account belongs to Trick Master Mint.
Posting Member

by JukuGuy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:57 am

Juub005 wrote:Aww, too bad about Barbie Girl and Anjelier. Congratulations to the top 4, especially for Juku because I believe this is his first contest?

It is the second I believe, since my first was Cheesemix. But like what Will has said, it's my first for this kind of competition. Anyway, thanks again for the support you guys.
Posting Member

by The Period » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:35 pm

@Chmurek:
I was nearly to cry after reading your comments, Ive never read something too accurately as you did. I also disliked a lot my Challenge chart and get surprised when I read form many ppl that was better than my heavy (O_o). That song itself biased my approach on that heavy chart (freezes didnt get off my mind), I know that, I just hoped that at least someone could say that my file was not BAD, instead of that, STRANGE, I just wanted to give this feeling to the contest. I knew I will fail for my excesive use of freezes, I didnt care of that but until reading, I didnt find any convincent reason to say that my file was bad... you wrote that the player get bored of my freezes. And I saw the light. I failed.
I dont have the words now to express my gratefullness with you. I realized of that, before reading I played the 2nd bracket, There are 4 similar moments on your file (when the girls said: o o o o o) you stepped the first 2 moments in a symmetric way, then I expected you repeated the same pattern in the last 2, but you did it differently but simmetric also, so I realized that I forget something important on my file: Variety.

I feel OK with the judgers judge.
But I feel that the public review was kinda try-to-kill-me.
BTW, Ill do it better next time.
Thanks to all.

And also, for all I want to explain something important.

The footer number failed bacuse of the following:
- I based on Stepmanias own predictive footer level
- I used maximun integer (eg. in light, it has 2.9865, Max Int is 2)
"Every mistake I make has a proposal, that's why all of them are intentional." - THE PERIOD
Posting Member

by neothe0ne » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:30 am

Hello Project! somehow managed to show up only once in this bracket in 1 file

There were 2 Buono! songs in bracket 1, so.. 2 H!P songs :P
(sorry will-i-am had to point it out)

Now as for Super Driver..
All of this kind of made me want to actually watch the anime

please don't. You might kill yourself (it's only getting perfect 10's because of trolling, the perfect 1's say more about the show)

And note to everyone:
text beveling

I said in my readme I simply photoshopped out the official logo from the CD >_>

And lesson learned: 16ths at 200bpm are lol at 9-footer level, but especially so on soft pads (sorry jammitch, i've only played on a metal pad for so long I forgot how.. pleasant soft pads are :P)
Posting Member

by lrxevan » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:47 am

I didn't take any points for the beveling anyway.
This special title makes me look cool.

by LK4D4 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:08 pm

I went from 5th to 12th, instantly. O,o
Posting Member

by Hainaut » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:42 pm

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that my file advanced in second place; why can't I view the judge comments, though?
Posting Member

by BLueSS » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Folder permissions got changed when I moved servers yesterday.

I put a file in there so you can see them now. :)
[I make the rules around here]
Site Admin

Previous